• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tug o' War 6 - Console Gaming (+1) vs PC gaming (-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

I just have a regular one. I bought it alongside my Switch. I think I've only used the Joycons a couple of times over the years.

Years

Pretty much done with my child account's foreign ditto and second Miraidon adventure. The story is complete at any rate, doing the Gym leader rematches atm to unlock the tournament thingy so I can more easily grind some mons to evolve. Then after that I just need to go catch Miraidon.
    Also kinda did a large chunk of the PokeDex for bonus apriballs though I still need more for the final ones lol
    I don't feel like doing the DLC atm though, which also has apriballs from the Dex. Unfortunately the final one requires a completed Dex whereas the base game Dex does not, only need 360 iirc.

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

You'd probably need to look for a Microsoft based community if you want the computer player.

Years

I've played plenty games on pc's. I play both and there is no superior option imo, as both are better for different styles of games.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

The controls are usually fine on PC. It's only these really complicated games that require you to know a bunch of different keys.

Years

What gets tedious for me in some PC games is when they use a different key for each of the menus they have rather than just having it all under 1 key and then just let you switch menu tabs to navigate between them.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

Tbf, menus are kind of a problem in general. At least for me they are. Especially Japanese games have that tendency that so much stuff of the games happens inside a menu. It makes it all very technical and confusing and I end up not realizing a lot of those mechanics until after I already beat that game and moved on. ^^"

Years

I mostly spend a lot of time in them when a game has a crafting system or when there's limited inventory and I need to do inventory management regularly.
    And games with elaborate skill trees, though that's usually more of a lengthy one time view to plan out which ones I want.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

I like when things are as simple as in the Pokemon games. Or if the story and gameplay is interesting enough to make me actually spend that time, anyway.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

Modding is of course better on PC. They also usually have tools to mess around, like construction kits for the Elder Scrolls games. But consoles are still more convenient.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back