• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Turia Region OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
Years
  • World:
    The Turia region has only been recently discovered, but thanks to Professor Oak and the wonders of satellites, the whole region has had a basic map created.

Turia is a rough octagon, and contains eight environments: mountains, marshes, frozen pine forests, caves, endless plains, deserts, temperate forests, and a single volcano. Interestingly enough, almost every Pokemon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh appear on Turia, making it a hotbed of scientific research. There are only two settlements that can be called 'cities' which are on the south-eastern tip, near the plains. They are the Silph Outpost and the Docklands, owned by Silph Corporation and a trainer by the name of Bruno, respectively. Recently, Silph has begun to take a more imperialist approach to the island, capturing massive amounts of Pokemon and throwing up small camps to find resources.

Plot:

The world of Pokemon is a world rife with discovery. Only recently, in fact, did the esteemed Professor Elm of Johto discover that Pokemon hatch from eggs! (Which then leads to the question of; how do these eggs get here…) However, a much more important discovery has occurred. A new region has been discovered, much to the delight of the scientific community. However, the scientists were intrigued by one mysterious fact about this new region: there are Pokemon from all continents here. The Turia region is the one and only region where one can find a Gible living side-by-side with a Bagon, or massive flocks of Taillow, Pidgey, Starly, and Spearow. This naturally prompted many different scientists to set up small research outposts to study the environment and the Pokemon inhabiting Turia, and everything was most excellent.

But relative harmony was not meant to last. Silph Co had a very unsubtle interest in Turia, and their own research base became more of a fortress, and many regional Professors began to lose contact with research assistants stationed on Turia. Many have feared that Silph is muscling in on their territory to begin doing unethical tests on Pokemon to improve their products, or worse.

Which is where you come in:

You are a Silph Corporation scientist/field worker/guard/hunter. You obviously work for Silph Corporation and are completely dedicated to the Company, regardless of your own safety. You will have access to some of the best equipment money can buy, as well as the benefits of hot chow, hot showers, and medical care. Unfortunately, everyone else on the island hates you.

You are part of a research team sent here. You are being relentlessly hunted by Silph Co.'s Pokemon Hunters and Guards. They are determined to capture you and 'extract' information on Turia, but you are obviously much smarter and more adaptable then they are, and can easily hide and thrive in most environments. The only downside to this is that you are limited by your own items or what you can scavenge.

You are a trainer/breeder/ranger. Attracted to Turia for a myriad of reasons, be it adventure, the chance to nab rare Pokemon, or to stop or aid Silph. You are easily the most versatile, and can move between the research teams and Silph (mostly) unharmed. You are a blank slate, and both sides will try to recruit you if they can. SIGN UPS FOR INDEPENDENTS ARE CLOSED FOR THE MOMENT

Are you up for it?

All sign-ups are now posted here.

Rules
    1. Be active.
    2. Don't godmod.
    3. Only post OOC things on the OOC thread (unless separated like this and marked OOC).
    4. Follow basic role-playing rules.
    5. Use the best spelling, grammer, and punctuation you can.
    6. Don't bunny without permission.
    7. If you aren't active for a long period of time without excuse, you will either be bunnied or kicked out.
    8. You can post your profile here until there is an OOC thread.
    9. You can double-cross your starting position (i.e.- Stan is a Silph Co scientist who dislikes the imperialistic attitude espoused by Silph. As such, you can leave Silph and join up with the research teams.)
    10. If you read anything put "Turia is named after the Turians" above your SU.

Name: first (optional middle) last
    Age: (I'd prefer 15+. Preferably over 17 for members of Silph and the research teams)
    Affiliation: (Silph Co, research teams, or independent)
    Appearance: (details! at least a good paragraph)
    Personality: (layers!)
    Background: (Personal history of your character-what made your character the way they are?)
    Pokemon: (What Pokemon do they have? Do they have any distinguishing nicknames or traits? Moves would also help.)
    Additional Information: (anything else?)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Gardevoyeurism

Stalking Gardevoirs
    Years
  • Ooh, ooh, may I join?
    By the way, Turia is named after the Turians.

---

Name: Candy Attridge-Huang

Gender: Uhh... Umm... I'll get back to you later on that one. O_O;; Female

Affiliation: Silph Co. - Hunter

Appearance:
    With golden caramel skin,
    long, pin-straight jet black hair and a voluptuous, top-heavy figure standing at a miniscule 5'2 in red high heels, Candy appears to many as a living doll in a short monochrome polka-dot dress. That is, if one does not factor in the horrifically mismatched features of the unfortunate face she hopelessly attempts to hide with copious amounts of makeup.
    A bridgeless button-nose marks the center of a round, square-jawed face from which protrude a pair of thick painted lips. Creaseless honey-brown almond eyes stare vacantly at the world under thick, bushy black eyebrows above which sits a shiny forehead littered with the crater-like scars of her long lost adolescence.

Clutched in her dainty little slender-fingered hands is a large, black handbag with silver buckles upon its many pockets, which hold many things such as Pokeballs, gadgets, makeup and... well, more makeup.

Personality:
    Clumsy with an IQ of 85, Candy should barely function as a human adult, yet miraculously she does. Obviously, she isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, though she is smart enough to bark orders at Pokemon and throw balls at things therefore she is smart enough for the mission. Despite her alignment and mutton-dressed-as-lamb dress sense, Candy is in fact a fairly decent person once one gets to know her... That is, if one ignores her strange habits and overall idiocy. Candy is socially inept, though seems to have a certain way with Pokemon, the reason for which many would jokingly say would be that she has the mental capacity of a Dunsparce.
    Like most who call themselves Pokemon Trainers, Candy strives to be the best, though she does tend to become anxious during battles for she worries for the safety of her Pokemon. On the flip side, she doesn't seem to have much regard for her own safety as could be seen by her horribly impractical dress sense. She has been noted for being able to deal with "difficult" Pokemon, though ironically some of her own Pokemon drive her up the wall with their behaviour, though not quite as often as she does to them.
    Candy is more of a doer than a thinker, partially because she's not exactly all that well mentally equipped to think too deeply, hence she can be reckless at times. Though one may surmise from the above information that Candy is generally quite a cheerful individual, her painted gap-toothed smile hides the disturbed mind of a pessimist, which clearly shows through when she speaks, tempting fate by stating the very worst that can happen before casually laughing it off.

Background:
    Born to a working-class underachievers Zho Duang and Roger Attridge, Candy spent most of her childhood and adolescence sitting in a mouldy one-bedroom apartment listening to the radio while watching a Magikarp or whatever small fish-like pokemon her parents had caught to keep her company struggle to breathe in a bowl of filthy water. Unsurprisingly, she did not do very well at school, hence she had decided to drop out at age sixteen to live off the scraps thrown to her by her father and absent mother. This carried on well into her twenties, during which she moved out of home - not a smart move for someone who could hardly feed herself even with the support of two parents and an aunt. Bored beyond belief due to not being able to afford many of life's luxuries, Candy considered signing up to become a pokemon trainer - only to discover that at twenty-eight she was far too old. Crestfallen, she limited herself to doing odd jobs around a pokemon daycare. For about a year, she was stuck with the gruelling task of feeding and cleaning up after other people's Pokemon and had many a time witnessed a female Pokemon in the course of laying an egg.

One day, a travelling professor, impressed with the standard of care Candy had upheld for his Duskull had decided to let her keep the little Ghost Pokemon and had mailed her a package containing the basic supplies given to every beginning Pokemon trainer, despite the fact that Candy happened to be nineteen years older than her peers.
    Since that fateful day, Candy has been working hard to be the best trainer she can possibly be for her Pokemon... That is, the best trainer she could possibly be.

Now at thirty-three, poor Candy has yet again found herself down on her luck, up to her somewhat cleft chin in medical bills as a result of the stupid mistake she made allowing her Abra to evolve twice and start suffering from countless illnesses and the occasional brain tumor. This coupled with her fondness for beauty products, inability to cook and desire to spoil her Pokemon rotten had led the poor woman to sell her moral standards to Silph Co. in exchange for some cold hard cash and free access to their products and facilities.

Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Additional Information: Candy mostly hunts for specific kinds of Pokemon Silph Co. requests and goes after researchers if there's a risk of her losing her job if she doesn't.

She's older than dirt and has been a trainer for a little over four years. Cut her some slack for having a team full of Arceus darned deities. =\

Last edited:

SonofWiseii

Come on in Heeeeerrrre!
    Years
  • Hey, we got an OOC thread. WOOT! I'll be sure to remember this if I need it...which I most likely will. I just have one question: Does each side of the Octagon have a physical feature (i.e., the northwest has forests, the north has mountains, etc.), or is it each point? Kind of a worthless question, but I just wasn't sure.

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • ARGH! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO NOW!
    *cough*
    Sorry 'bout that, I'm just kind of jealous of dc right now >.>'

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
    Years
  • I've thought of something, and I guess this is the place to do it. What about we list all the accepted bio's in the first post, either in this thread or the game thread, in order to make it easier for the members to check out other players? Also, if split into three categories (Silph workers, Research Teams and Independant), it'll be easier to see who's on your side and how many of each we have, so you can always close off sign ups for one or more categories if the balance gets all outta proportion... Like it did with the Independant early on...

dc_united

Years
  • Hey, we got an OOC thread. WOOT! I'll be sure to remember this if I need it...which I most likely will. I just have one question: Does each side of the Octagon have a physical feature (i.e., the northwest has forests, the north has mountains, etc.), or is it each point? Kind of a worthless question, but I just wasn't sure.

Each point has an environment that leads into the central volcano, plus a network of ice caves underneath the region that we'll get to as the RP goes along.

Dizzy_Zeo

My Own Secret Weapon
    Years
  • I think for the sake of new people joining, we should definately use Getsumei's idea of collecting applications here in the first page of the OOC.

And yes, Hitmonlee are always Male...

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • OOC thread! YES!

If we are going to list all of the sign-ups in one spot, it might be a good idea to just summarize the characters in a few brief lines. Ex: Josh, 21, Silph Co., abandoned at birth, unsocial and vindictive, good at martial arts. Most people don't need the rest of the info, just a quick reminder about who's who.

Any researchers who haven't posted yet should read my last post. :) GO READ IT NOWWWW.

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
    Years
  • My idea was that each character would just be hidden behind their own "spoiler" tag, to save space... and so people can look up the people they need, instead of searching through walls of text... ALL their information should be there, or most of the reasoning for collecting them would go to waste(the fact people can see ALL information on people easily, without having to search through, like... 80 pages(if we get that far)

About the ignoring... Well... TECHNICALLY, Infinite destroyed our boat during the fight she(he?) had with Enilias... My post had my character stop his pokemon from going through the move(earthquake), yet... I was completely ignored... So well, technically, we're all drowning -.- But apparently the Earthquake was harmless, which is why we aren't... and my characters' actions didn't happen... In these kinds of RP's, people really have to read beyond their own post... Cause if they don't, we suddenly have 3 different scenarios happening the same place at the same time... And that, my friends, is called Chaos...

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • Eh, I'm just confused how sometimes people can read each others' minds O.o'

Getsumei: the only problem with that is it could possibly exceed the character limit... though that probably wouldn't be a huge problem ;3

Dizzy_Zeo

My Own Secret Weapon
    Years
  • About the ignoring, how is it no one notices a person fall on a boat with the help of a big blue aligator? I agree that we certainly need to be more perceptive of what's going on around us in these rp's, perhaps take it slow and wait for others to post before belting off your own. I don't mean to kind of criticise anyone, but it benefits everybody in the end.

Faeldrake

Werewolf
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2015
    Hi!
    Sorry, but my next post is gonna be a little delayed. Hopefully not more than a few days but school's starting and I have a lot to do.

Sorry again!
    faeldrake

dc_united

Years
  • Eh, I'm just confused how sometimes people can read each others' minds O.o'

Getsumei: the only problem with that is it could possibly exceed the character limit... though that probably wouldn't be a huge problem ;3

Correct, Mira! I just finished trying to do that, but it still exceeds the max count if I separate the different factions. The only real solution I can think of is to just make a whole bunch of posts, but that doesn't seem like the smart option.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back