• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Turia Region OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mira

restless spirit
Years
  • Maybe find a way to make links to the SUs themselves? I don't know how to do that myself, but if you can figure it out...

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
    Years
  • Well... I didn't know there was a word limit... that seems kinda dumb, sorry... But well, I still think making a few posts, maybe one for each faction, would be better than forcing people to search through massive amounts of pages and posts, hoping to find another characters' profile...

EDIT: Ok... Here's an idea... Since I want to help this RP along, seeing as it could potentially be really interesting, I could possibly make, like... a seperate web page using HTML, as well as links to the characters... It's something we use on a site I'm helping out on, so I can make it easily... and then we could have a link in the first post of the RP going to this "member page"... Zeo knows what I'm talking about.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • My idea was that each character would just be hidden behind their own "spoiler" tag, to save space... and so people can look up the people they need, instead of searching through walls of text... ALL their information should be there, or most of the reasoning for collecting them would go to waste(the fact people can see ALL information on people easily, without having to search through, like... 80 pages(if we get that far)

Yeah, but clicking on the spoiler would reveal quite a lot of text that you would have to search through. Maybe the header above the spoiler tag should contain the brief information?

In these kinds of RP's, people really have to read beyond their own post...

I agree that we certainly need to be more perceptive of what's going on around us in these rp's, perhaps take it slow and wait for others to post before belting off your own.

Definitely. I bet we're going to have a lot of inconsistency when everyone gets to the Docklands. :S Since no-one is sure what the area looks like, everyone will describe it however they like and the result will be an exquisite corpse of sorts.

We're seeing that already with the research groups. I've written that all of the research groups are on alert, but Hansa (I think it was Hansa) had a team lead send her character out into the desert...by herself... My post was later so I'm kind of out of line, but I think my interpretation of the situation is more reasonable.

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
    Years
  • Rabbit:

No, they wouldn't have to search, as it would be like this:

Getsumei Gijouhei:
    Spoiler:

Ray Rowleigh:
    Spoiler:

And so on, but as said, I COULD make some pages using HTML, though that would make the thread dependant on me updating it, unless DC gets his hands on Dreamweaver, or has/gets mad coding skills

Also, about the docklands, well, really, that won't matter, since the Docklands is bigger than a boat, and as long as we just keep to describing the place WE'RE at, the problem shouldn't be that big... It's more when you're in the situation we were in... two people fighting, everyone else watching... and then I interrupt, seeinga s how they were about to destroy the ship, yet they ignore me... THATS when you have a problem

Last edited:

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • May I make a suggestion? It might be more efficient for battling if you simply go back and forth via PM in case you can't think of enough to post without bunnying.
    Just a suggestion :)

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
    Years
  • Me and Zeo are used to having battles that's about 200-350 words per post without "bunnying"... It's not really that hard when you get into it...

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • It was just a suggestion because doing it the say that I stated before worked well for me several times.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • I'm probably not going to be battling much in this RP, but I like Mira's suggestion. It's hard to write a lot about a single command that is executed in seconds. (Getsumei, don't you get bored writing that much?) Besides, turn-based battling doesn't really make sense in real life. Maybe if the combatants decided beforehand what would happen in the battle, the scene could be written fluidly and realistically.

Amber who? o:

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
    Years
  • Hell no! I'm aiming at becoming a writer. I love writing ^^ And really, who says it needs to be one command? If you have a way to chain your attacks, why not do it? Plus, there is so much to write about... Your trainers state of mind, your pokemons actions(which could be defending, attacking, or both!) all of which can be explained with so many wonderful words! But well... Me and Zeo have already agreed on a battle when we get a chance, then we can SHOW you how we do it. YIR! XD

Your Amber XD she's cute

IceDragon2439

Stand Up and Scream
    Years
  • I like both ideas for battling. I am curious to see your battle with Ray, Getsumei. Maybe that will give us an example to base off of. But I know what you mean, I like writing as well =D

Go Writers!

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
    Years
  • When we battle on other sites, we usually have stats to help determine our characters strengths and weaknesses compared to each other, but it shouldn't be a problem here... But basically the idea is that you write everything out as if whatever you do succeeds(with exceptions... You may wish to make it more open, but in cases of combos, you'd play it as if your hits struck... or else there wouldn't be much of a combo, plus... constantly writing "if it struck, he would follow up with [insert attack here] ends up being annoying] But yeah... then the opponent, if able, can go and directly change what the first person have stated... Not by controlling their character, but by having theirs act in a way that would hinder the first person from doing whatever... Like how my Snorlax was supposed to have stopped Infinites Garchomp from using Earthquake.

I just think it's a shame if a thing as pokémon battles, which is a VERY vital part of Pokémon, would be done via PM, instead of being played out in the RP itself. Especially since it makes them unable to be interrupted and such, if the story demands it.

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • I just prefer to do it that way sometimes in order to avoid flooding the thread with slightly shorter posts. It can just be annoying to try and put them all together sometimes while reading them, though typically it's not a problem.
    Like I said, just a suggestion.

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
    Years
  • That you could, yet I would hate it... If you play it like that you can just as well play your RP's on MSN...

If we get forced to do our battles through PM/E-mail/MSN/whatever, then I may seriously lose interest...

Mira, only saw now that you had posted about the fight posts being shorter, but as said, that doesn't necessarily have to be the case, in fact, you may have longer posts, as the action can sometimes give you more to write about... Trust me, I've been doing this for years on a site where EVERY post had to be between 100 and 350 words, though normally they are at least 200 each...

Last edited:

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • Nyeh, I think that people should just be able to do it whichever way they want to by their personal preference. I haven't done a whole lot of battling between other members (doing more "group of trainers setting out for one purpose" RPs), so I'm not really sure which way I like better yet :\

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
    Years
  • Well, if they prefer, they can fight via pm, E-mail, but then they can just as well play the whole game that way, but yeah, it's up to them, just as long as we're all not forced to do it like that...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back