• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

turn it off and on again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    By then it might be a different manufacturer with good rebates and whatnot.

Indeed! Usually, it's just better to buy whoever that happens to have a good product and is cheap to buy at the same time. (The Corsair 100R and 200R seems to be the ATX cases to get if you're in a budget, though.)

Years
  • Indeed! Usually, it's just better to buy whoever that happens to have a good product and is cheap to buy at the same time. (The Corsair 100R and 200R seems to be the ATX cases to get if you're in a budget, though.)

Cases aren't terribly hard to do, though. Even the cheapest ones can easily outlast the initial components you put into it. In fact, my current case is on the 4th set of components installed inside it, and it was just a $60 case 12 years ago.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Cases aren't terribly hard to do, though. Even the cheapest ones can easily outlast the initial components you put into it. In fact, my current case is on the 4th set of components installed inside it, and it was just a $60 case 12 years ago.

Indeed! Though having a case that is easy to poke around in and looks great helps, too.

So I got a neat pair of headphones. I love them, but I also hate them and I'm torn as to whether I want to return them. They have binaural recording functionality, and the bass is really good, but the speakers almost seem slightly muffled. I'm not sure what I want to do ;__;

Tried futzing with the equalizer settings? (hint: instead of raising the weak part, reduce the strong part, since you're working digitally and raising things sometimes cause unexpected stuff.)

If that doesn't help no matter how you tweak it, or if you need to use it on something that doesn't do EQ, return it. What was the headphones?

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Binaural recording?

So our main computers fan has been getting really loud lately even while YouTube, but usually Minecraft, ect. The storage left has also gotten low, not sure where its at now.
    What will help/fix it. A new fan? Already air dusted it.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Binaural recording?

So our main computers fan has been getting really loud lately even while YouTube, but usually Minecraft, ect. The storage left has also gotten low, not sure where its at now.

Is it a desktop or a laptop?

Years
  • So our main computers fan has been getting really loud lately even while YouTube, but usually Minecraft, ect. The storage left has also gotten low, not sure where its at now.
    You should probably look at your task manager while the fan is going like that to see if there are any processes consuming up either a lot of memory or over 50 CPU and end those if you can.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    You should probably look at your task manager while the fan is going like that to see if there are any processes consuming up either a lot of memory or over 50 CPU and end those if you can.

Most PWM and DC fans shouldn't get unacceptably loud under normal use. If the fins seem clean, I suspect a bearing or two is going out. Are you able to pinpoint the source of the noise?

Last edited:

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Is it a desktop or a laptop?

Most PWM and DC fans shouldn't get unacceptably loud under normal use. If the fins seem clean, I suspect a bearing or two is going out. Are you able to pinpoint the source of the noise?

Desktop.
    I did once, it was my little brothers Minecraft launcher taking up 700/800mb.
    Not so much, didn't think about it, though it sounds like its coming more from the right side. It got pushed back to minimal airflow, but scooted it back out.

Years
  • I just have it installed on a 1TB USB 3.0 drive and I boot from that. Works well, actually, although I'm sure that I'm shortening the lifespan of the USB port.
    Haha!

I really should get around to using one of my flash drives for booting into operating systems from. I have like four other unused flash drives (totaling up to 26GB) that could definitely use some action for sure. :P

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • Ubuntu works amazingly well in VMWare Workstation.

I thought that too until the next day booting the OS I get hit with "The system is running in low-graphics mode" On boot. I believe the only major change I made was updating the VMware tools and software packages (It's still on 12.04). Had to resort to reloading from a earlier snapshot ;v

Still not used to the persistent side bar that gets in the way of the screen. (unless there's a setting for it.)

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • I was originally going to dualboot on the same hard drive, but because it was under UEFI, it was a massive pain to work with, and I tried switching to legacy BIOS, which was a terrible idea because I locked myself out of my Windows install with no way back into the BIOS to fix that setting lmao.

That's because Microsoft is antitrust and doesn't want you to install anything else.

But Nadella will make things better.

Years
  • I thought that too until the next day booting the OS I get hit with "The system is running in low-graphics mode" On boot. I believe the only major change I made was updating the VMware tools and software packages (It's still on 12.04). Had to resort to reloading from a earlier snapshot ;v

Still not used to the persistent side bar that gets in the way of the screen. (unless there's a setting for it.)
    Wow, that's interesting. Then again, I'm using a copy of VMWare Workstation 8 from a class this past spring so that's already outdated as is lol

That's because Microsoft is antitrust and doesn't want you to install anything else.
    That's a contradicting statement. Also, if Microsoft didn't want people to install other operating systems, then I'm sure that the option to turn off UEFI boot wouldn't exist in the first place.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back