• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Twin Horizons: The War-Torn World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano5002

"Prepare for trouble!"
Years
  • Mackenzie raised his hand, "If we do split up, then I would like to describe our possible lodging place. It is a store with, I believe, a large blue sign on the front. If memory serves the sign said something to the effect of 'Bruno and Steve's Mini Marketplace'. The cellar door is hidden under some rubble near the counter. Now for my skills. I have an ability that I like to think of as magic- I can manipulate the molecules of objects to a certain extent, and potentially do things like cleanse poisoned things, or change things from one state of matter to another. Large projects require meditation and a great deal of focus, while the smaller ones can be done on the spot. My Lombre, Jolini, can pick some locks as well. Syterion, my Gallade, is capable of speaking to me in simple words, using our psychic bond. He is also useful for basically the same tasks as Velvet. Mostly, what I have to offer is my unique ability of matter manipulation, but I am also good at acting, and so I shall be able to play the necessary part if I am approached by a soldier or surviver," said Mackenzie, listing what skills he could relate from the top of his head.

LugiaFreak

Years
  • [OoC: Devon, you need to post your sign-up in the OoC Thread. You also need to read the rules on the first page before doing so.]

Lilah glanced at Yamiko, saying, "I don't mind your question..." Although her voice hinted otherwise, "And, yes. Weavile's life has not been easy. Her unusual feature has caused trouble in the past." Lilah motioned slightly to the plain side of Weavile's head.

Choosing her words carefully, Lilah said slowly, "I also found some jerky in a small tin on a soldier's belt while I was traveling. I apologize for eating it all, but I didn't expect to find anyone else out here. But, if we can't find any, perhaps we should search the bodies for more food. Our Pokémon could help us, considering some of them have a better sense of smell then humans."

Nodding, Lilah turned to the rest of the group, informing them, "There are a few helpful things Weavile and I could do for the group - I can start a fire by hand, although I don't think that will be needed, considering we have a Fire Pokémon with us. Also, I have a few first-aid things in my bag - bandages, gauze, things like that - in case one of us is injured."

Lilah continued, "Weavile is stealthy and wouldn't have a problem sneaking past soldiers if needed... However, if she is exposed to danger, I can't bring her back into the safety of a PokéBall, simply because she no longer has one."

Weavile glared at the other Trainers and their Pokémon, keeping a close watch on their every move.

Nano5002

"Prepare for trouble!"
    Years
  • (OOC: If nobody posts this place will die again. I'll at least post something)

Mackenzie held the small pokeball-pebble in his hands, and began to shape it again. He picked up a few more pebbles, and made them malleable as well, mixing them with the first and shaping a larger structure. When he finished he held out to Weavile a small statue that looked like it, "You are no longer the only Weavile like yourself, I suppose," he joked. Mackenzie seemed tired, even after the small task. Frequent use of his ability, no matter how small, tired him out.

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
  • OOC: I'm REALLY jealous of Nano now... but at least I can get everyone to the town...
    IC:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    After everyone introduced themselves, Lupin nodded and spoke again.
    "Alright then, now we know our mission. First, head to the cellar. Second, search for water. Third, search for food. By the way, I notice that two of us have water Pokemon, but I don't think you want to drink the water produced by their attacks. However, maybe they can help us find water, perhaps pinpoint the location Laverne was talking about."

"Mis mis mis," Laverne affirmed. She looked at Yamiko, who nodded--and with that, she flew towards the city.
    "And now it's time for us to follow her, though we needn't cach up," Yamiko suggested. She and Lupin stood up, and the two proceeded to walk towards the city.

To enter the city, the group passed over the same entryway Mackenzie had used to exit the city. This path seemed to be the easiest, because it was barren. This was a staircase emerging at the side of the hill, through an alleyway surrounded on both sides by walls of stone. These walls were blasted apart in some places--it was likely that various enemy attacks were the cause. Looking left and right, Yamiko saw what looked like they had once been small military camps, but they were littered with rubble, and some had dust clouds hovering around them. In one such camp, a large machine of some sort lay in a useless heap outside. It looked sort of like a fighter plane, but the wings (if they even were wings) were very short and hardly recognisable. Sparks occasionally flew from the bottom of the machine, which looked to be made from some sort of reflective material.

The group turned a corner, and at last they saw it. At the bottom of the staircase, there were two guard towers on either side. Presently they were empty, and one even had a hole in the side, indicating that they were probably both abandoned and unsafe to enter. There were no soldiers about in this part of town, but the scene was awkwardly quiet. No explosions going off anywhere, no shouts or cries, not even the sound of a gun being loaded. Thus the group descended the steps rather slowly, and anyone who had the sense tried to not make any sounds at all, in case the soldiers coud hear them.

Yamiko wanted to say something to Lupin at that point, but she was afraid to speak. In this moment, it seemed that one wrong move, one misplaced step, would welcome a stream of gunfire from behind the towers. That situation was unlikely, of course (why would soldiers be watching the towers when the area around it was barren?), but Yamiko had to consider the worst possible scenario. Her feet trembled a bit, ready to run and hide in one of the camps if such a situation arose.

As Lupin descended the steps, he noticed something like an air of tension about the place, the traces of unfair violence breaking out moments before. (Some of the psychic Pokemon probably felt this presence even more surely than he did--at least Velvet did, and thus kept her ears perked for sounds of movement.) He was suddenly more alert than usual, though a bit more calm than the typical worried person. In fact, he moved his hand over to his upper-left pocket and slipped his Firewand out, hiding the lighter-like device within part of his glove as he did so, ready to slip it out if he came near any soldiers, ready to hopefully dodge any gunshots and slip into a hiding spot if need be. If an opportunity arose, he prepared to run right past the soldiers and down the street leading into the town, a continuation of the stairs he was on.

Artemis sniffed the air and caught the scent of sweat, her most likely indication of a soldier. However, the scent wasn't very close, so the likelihood of soldiers appearing right beyond the towers was very low. Who did appear from behind the towers, though, was Laverne, who had just come out of her near-invisible mode. She nodded and looked back to the towers, indicating the coast was clear. Moments later, the group began to pass beyond the towers, into the city...

Nano5002

"Prepare for trouble!"
    Years
  • Mackenzie looked around the place, recognizing the places where buildings were destroyed and where the rubble had fallen, "This is the right way. If you continue to roughly follow this street we should reach the cellar in under an hour."

Syterion looked about the quit landscape. A feeling of unease drifted over his mind, and he hound himself imagining the place full of bustling people and lives being lived, like Goldenrod or Jubilife. Then out of nowhere the strange machines came in from the sky and the lives were shattered forever. He remained in melancholy silence. He hated this city, it was a place of the dead now, and not to be profaned by the living.

LugiaFreak

Years
  • The group quietly wandered through the city, always on the lookout for guards. Weavile's single ear would twitch slightly every time she heard the tiniest noise, including the footsteps of the others in the group. Her body was very tense, and she was not going to let her guard down anytime soon.

Lilah looked around the broken city, searching her mind as she tried to see if she knew this place. Lilah had been all over Sinnoh, visited every town, beaten every Gym Leader... but her surroundings were unfamiliar. The idea that she and the others could simply be in a different region seemed highly unlikely, but how they got here still didn't make any sense.

Lilah knew that the best thing to do at the moment was to stick with the group. It would be much easier to find food and water if all of them worked together... but with so many, a lot of it was going to be needed - the Pokémon would need nourishment as well.

Nano5002

"Prepare for trouble!"
    Years
  • As the group approached the small store Mackenzie saw the sign above the door, "This is it, the place we will use as a safe haven for now."

Mackenzie walked into the ruins and over to where the trapdoor was, shifting some rubble and revealing the way to the small storage area below the building. He walked down and reached for the pull string for the single light, showing the small room's empty shelves and stone walls, floor, and ceiling. It would be crowded if the pokemon stayed out, and the stone would be uncomfortable, but it was at least safer than outside. The building above was also one of the sturdier ones, so was less likely to crash down around them.

"This is it, yon small chamber. As well, there is nearby what seems to be a district of apartments, and I have not searched them all. The soldiers mayhap left behind something we could use, and perhaps there could still some running water," said Mackenzie, stepping aside to allow the others to enter from the stairway.

LugiaFreak

Years
  • Lilah stepped into the small, grubby room, looking around and nodding to Mackenzie as she did so.

"I think this'll be fine for now. If we can't find another, better place to sleep, and this becomes a more permanent living area, we should search for soft materials to sleep on. We can do that while we're also looking for food and water - I imagine most of us are becoming increasingly more hungry, and we have Pokemon to feed as well."

Lilah paused for a moment, glancing at the stairwell leading up to the building. She added, "However - we, including our Pokemon, might have to take turns watching over the door and area to make sure no one tries to take any food we've found. Also, we should do this during the night as well so we aren't ambushed while sleeping. I'm not sure how many living soldiers are patrolling this city and when, but we better be cautious till we know."

Suddenly, Weavile's stomach grumbled, and a hint of surpise was noticiable on her usually emotionless face. Lilah smiled at her Pokemon, saying to Mackenzie, "I think looking for food and water should be our number one proirity, though. Now that we have a place to stay, we should head out as soon as possible."

Nano5002

"Prepare for trouble!"
    Years
  • "I agree with you, finding food and water is the main priority, but anything we find may be helpful in the long run- one does not sleep well on stone, and one who does not sleep well does not regain as much strength as one who sleeps soundly. I believe that, since the apartment district is close, we should split up into groups. That way we may gather what we can faster, and with less chance of being seen than in a large group. As much as I hate to say it like this, it would also be best if a single group was found, rather than all of us. If nobody minds I shall take watch tonight as well," said Mackenzie, turning to the group.

LugiaFreak

Years
  • [OoC: Guhh, no one has posted. =_= Is anyone even left besides Nano and I?]

Lilah glanced up at the sky, which was growing progressively darker. "We could head out after dark, but I don't know if there will more guards then usual, or much less. Either way," Lilah looked around at the others. "We should split up accordingly - for instance, people who work well together or have Pokémon that work well together should form a group. We want to make sure none of us are seen, and cooperation will play a big part in that. Does anyone have any ideas as to who should pair up with who?"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back