• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Twitch Plays pokemon

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I feel like there are a lot more trolls out right now idk. But in other news, we got Smoochum! I feel like she'll be useful.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Oh I was looking at Generation V's moveset, my bad. XD So yeah, I don't know why we went to release him now...... are people taking the Lord Helix thing THIS seriously? Or what's going on? I'm confused.

Ah; okay. XD I'm surprised that a lot of Pokemon haven't been able to learn Whirlpool since Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver's release (where it was a vital HM)...it just seems weird. :< I've mainly seen "Helix" only surface in chat.. I think some people want to go and catch another Omanyte (which is available due to this game being modified, IIRC), although..really? I think the legend of Helix is best left primarily for the Twitch Plays Pokemon Red stream; catching another one would just seem forced (unlike Pidgey, which is practically everywhere in Kanto and Johto)

-Is it just me or is the "Experience Points until next level" sub-bar within the HP Bar going backwards (with the blue part of the bar lengthening to the left)? (I'm more used to the Generation 3 version where the teal part of the bar moves to the right and depletes the "dark red/brown" part of the bar..
    -Finally heard the full version of the Johto Wild Pokemon battle theme (after we kept on runnin' from wild Pokemon battles.. -.-) for the first time ever... The "transition" part from "Wild Pokemon battle theme" to "Gym Leader battle theme" that's present in the Super Smash Bros. Melee didn't appear like I expected it to..
    I love the Johto Wild Pokemon battle theme's intro (probably my favorite part of the whole song, including the part that was present in Melee), although the part where it "concludes"/loops actually threw me for a loop... I was waiting for more, and the theme was like "LOL, 'kay, we're done! ^^" and I was like "Um...okay. That's it?" {D:} ~_~ :| {XD}
    -The National Park music is so freaking soothing! So glad that I first heard it when it was night-time in-game...would love to hear that on a beautiful moonlit night on a stroll with a lady somewhere scenic; can't wait to hear the Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver arrangement!
    -I love the "Victory! Wild Pokemon (Johto)" fanfare; it sounds so spiced/jazzed/dolled/dressed up! :3
    -Finally found out what the Options' "Menu Account" option means.. Apparently, it just enables and disables the Start menu descriptions (similar to the FireRed/LeafGreen Help System descriptions for the Start Menu...I'm a bit surprised to learn of its precursor) >_>
    -Just saw the Gold/Silver/Crystal sprites for the Twins Trainer class... Um, wow. XD AWW, darn it; I was expecting a double battle like in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire.. ^_^ "Ann and Anne"? XD
    -AAAAAGH CROCONAW'S EVOLUTION INTO FERALIGATR WAS JUST DENIED!! >:(
    -Wow, that Odd Egg/Mysterious Egg still hasn't hatched. XD Oh, Flame Body, how I miss thee! OMG; the Egg just hatched (at nighttime in-game) mere minutes after I wrote that!
    Spoiler:

-Okay, I thought it was just earlier, but the Johto Trainer battle theme has parts that remind me of "Battle! Team Magma/Aqua Grunt" from Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire.. {D:}~_~

And so far, I've seen Gastly, Venonat, and Rattata (in the Pokedex) "pop up" again.. XD

EDIT: I don't know where we are now (Smoochum's birthplace/area of hatching), but the music is really pretty and soothing for nighttime!
    Also, I like how Youngster Joey called right after Smoochum hatched. XD

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Haha the backwards EXP bar totally throws me off. xD;

Apparently one of Smoochum's nicknames is "Duke Smoochum". I love it. :D And I saw us catch a Hoothoot, so... once again, we have a full party. Also there's another Hoothoot in the PC. Unfortunately, that one's the higher-levelled one. Oh well.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Haha the backwards EXP bar totally throws me off. xD;

Apparently one of Smoochum's nicknames is "Duke Smoochum". I love it. :D And I saw us catch a Hoothoot, so... once again, we have a full party. Also there's another Hoothoot in the PC. Unfortunately, that one's the higher-levelled one. Oh well.

I know, right?! {XD}

Also, we recently caught a Drowzee in a Poke Ball, nicknamed :n! {XD} (Finally; I was getting irritated at all these caught Pokemon going on un-nicknamed.. XD) The Keeper's return..? o_O

(insert N-related Pokemon Black/White reference here!)

Also, LOTS of Johto Day Care shenanigans going on at the moment; I can't even keep track of the deposits and withdrawals... @_@ Nice music, though; Sevii Islands 4 & 5 remixed it! ^^

It's neat that you can visit behind the Day Care in GSC; sucks that the feature got removed in HG/SS!

So many PC scares earlier today, even moreso than Kanto, it seems... @_@

Years
    I s2g if they release Lazor Gator I will be so furious I will be fuming.

Like, finally, my favorite starter gets the attention it deserves, they better not release it, it's like the best available Pokemon in Crystal and they will be relying on Pidgey again. Jasmine would be a mess....

Nicki is looking pretty cool right now, can't wait to see how that turns out.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    King Leer is our only hope tbqh. We suck at grinding. Speaking of returns, though... it seems like a lot of people want to get the damn Eevee. :|

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Eevee would be helpful, but trying to deposit a Pokemon from the PC to get it would likely end up disastrous. Especially if it evolves to Flareon. Then we will call it a False Prophet ,and try release it and cause more chaos. :/ It will be best to leave it or let it evolve into Espeon or Umbreon.

Edit: We got Eevee nevermind. And we a Drowsee named :n. So I'll nickname him N or Lord N or Keeper 2.0. He's N! He can read Pokemon's thoughts xD. Hopefully Eevee just evolves into Umbreon or Espeon. We shouldn't even try to buy stones.

Edit2: Four hours later.......(wondering if you all lost interest in this)

The guy running the stream hacked the Crystal rom so that there's wild Cyndaquil in Burnt Tower. Now let's just catch one.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    We can't buy stones here, remember? Just the ones we pick up, since the rest involve showing pokémon to Bill's grandpa... which is essentially out of the picture for us. We are left hoping we find a water stone somewhere, or else it's Espeon-Umbreon.

:n seems to be nicknamed Colonel N and I am fine with it.

Also: how anarchy and democracy REALLY work.

https://imgur.com/a/ZbtKn

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    SO now they're at Ecruteak's Gym. Waiting for Democracy to kick in so that they can finally get to Morty! Just 2 minutes to go and counting. Let's see how thousands of people cooperate in the crossing. 8)

EDIT: Democracy has begun! I'm really impressed how well they've worked it out. They all have come to an agreement to spam a9 throughout the battles, which is honestly the best choice. Movement coordination is impressive as well! GOOD JOB GUYS. So proud of them. :')

EDIT#2: They've reached Morty! TIME TO BATTLE.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Ugh why the hell are we playing a hacked rom?
    Like I know I complained about the roster but come on it's even less fun knowing it's not the vanilla version. :(

Whoooa at the viewer drop though.

Treecko

Years
    ^ There's just so many things making it not fun for you. Lol :P

The fact it's hacked is a bit stupid, but doesn't take away the fun for me. I'm kind of curious what to except next since I don't know what a hacked version is like. I'd still love if they were able to hack Red's team so he has Twitch Red's team, but I won't be disappointed if not.

The ROM he used is an hacked version, it wasn't him who did it.

Same difference I guess.

It looks like since I slept, Croconaw evolved! I can't believed we managed to evolve him so soon considering how it took to level 28 and democracy to evolve Totodile.

We are still struggling to beat Morty and his Gym.I figured we'd take a ton of time.

I guess the drop in viewers is cause there's people annoyed by this by now and called it quits. There's all the trolls too who seem to try to release Pokemon on purpose. Thank Helix we've only lost on comrade so far. It can be boring at times , but I'm still into it. I congratulate those here you are still into it cause you're all awesome for being dedicated.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    [Snark Quote] (From SA:) They've encountered the greatest challenge in Johto: The Elite Floor.

I predict they'll spend at least two days trying to get to Morty. Just saying.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    [Snark Quote] (From SA:) They've encountered the greatest challenge in Johto: The Elite Floor.

I predict they'll spend at least two days trying to get to Morty. Just saying.

ABOUT TIME I SAY. It was going far far far too smoothly and I wasn't enjoying such a smooth sail. I made the same prediction for this game as I did for RBY; 3 weeks to finish it. I think the Ice Path COULD be interesting but I can't see anything holding them off for that long. Surely they'll have beat Morty in the next 24 hours?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I'm honestly a little bit bored with this run. We don't have much for fun fan-stories and I don't much like Johto and like. Blah. Oh well. I watched up lose to Morty earlier, that was... fun.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    It's probably because there isn't an item that they can constantly try to use and become a 'god' because Consulting the Helix Fossil is where things really started to pick up for RBY in my opinion. Doesn't help that it's less possible to do that in general with the way the item bag is set up. But eh. Guess we'll see.

Treecko

Years
    Alot people have been hating Bugcatcher Wade throughout the run cause he calls too much, that's something I've found funny. Also we've pretty much in love with Joey. We've been praising him everytime he calls. Also people are shipping AJDNNW and Joey....
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

So there is some stuff, it's just not as crazy as a god or something. Though since I've noticed we used the Squirtbottle alot, I think that we should consult the Squirtbottle. I think they will start to consult something eventually hopefully. There's still lots of key items to get. Though remember the Helix Fossil is the true god.

Last edited:
    Back