• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Twitch Plays pokemon

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    We can't buy stones here, remember? Just the ones we pick up, since the rest involve showing pokémon to Bill's grandpa... which is essentially out of the picture for us. We are left hoping we find a water stone somewhere, or else it's Espeon-Umbreon.

:n seems to be nicknamed Colonel N and I am fine with it.

Also: how anarchy and democracy REALLY work.

https://imgur.com/a/ZbtKn

{XD} ROFL at that "Anarchy vs. Democracy" comic. Wow, we can't buy evolutionary/elemental stones in Johto, either? Kanto's Celadon Department Store has got it good...

SO now they're at Ecruteak's Gym. Waiting for Democracy to kick in so that they can finally get to Morty! Just 2 minutes to go and counting. Let's see how thousands of people cooperate in the crossing. 8)

EDIT: Democracy has begun! I'm really impressed how well they've worked it out. They all have come to an agreement to spam a9 throughout the battles, which is honestly the best choice. Movement coordination is impressive as well! GOOD JOB GUYS. So proud of them. :')

EDIT#2: They've reached Morty! TIME TO BATTLE.

^ There's just so many things making it not fun for you. Lol :P

The fact it's hacked is a bit stupid, but doesn't take away the fun for me. I'm kind of curious what to except next since I don't know what a hacked version is like. I'd still love if they were able to hack Red's team so he has Twitch Red's team, but I won't be disappointed if not.

Same difference I guess.

It looks like since I slept, Croconaw evolved! I can't believed we managed to evolve him so soon considering how it took to level 28 and democracy to evolve Totodile.

We are still struggling to beat Morty and his Gym.I figured we'd take a ton of time.

I guess the drop in viewers is cause there's people annoyed by this by now and called it quits. There's all the trolls too who seem to try to release Pokemon on purpose. Thank Helix we've only lost on comrade so far. It can be boring at times , but I'm still into it. I congratulate those here you are still into it cause you're all awesome for being dedicated.

I don't mind the version being hacked too much, particularly since we can now take a gander at the GS Ball and catch a few more interesting Pokemon species..

Darn trolls... I'm hoping the viewership increases once we get to Indigo Plateau (the "3 years later" edition).

ABOUT TIME I SAY. It was going far far far too smoothly and I wasn't enjoying such a smooth sail. I made the same prediction for this game as I did for RBY; 3 weeks to finish it. I think the Ice Path COULD be interesting but I can't see anything holding them off for that long. Surely they'll have beat Morty in the next 24 hours?

I'm surprised at the rate of completion for Pokemon Crystal as well, even with the changes to the implementation of Democracy Mode..

Alot people have been hating Bugcatcher Wade throughout the run cause he calls too much, that's something I've found funny. Also we've pretty much in love with Joey. We've been praising him everytime he calls. Also people are shipping AJDNNW and Joey....
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I think they will start to consult something eventually hopefully. There's still lots of key items to get.

AJ-senpai..? XD It seems the "Printer" thing (visible when we're skimming Pokedex entries) is also being consulted for use, at least by chat standards...

Wow, so much has happened! Weird frame/border for the text boxes, but whatever... And we have a Koffing, WHEEEE!

Also, so glad that I tuned in right after we traversed the Ecruteak Gym puzzle but before we battled Morty! ^^ Now I can experience the puzzle for myself a bit better when I'm able to play Pokemon HeartGold Version.. Glad to see that Croconaw evolved into Feraligatr; thank goodness he wasn't released! -.-"

Just realized why the blue part of the Experience Bar is "moving" backwards...with Japanese media being 'traditionally' read in "right-to-left" form/orientation, isn't the Generation 2 Experience Bar just following that trend..? Until Generation 3, maybe; I don't know whether the English localizers altered the bar in Generation 3 or if Generation 3's Experience Bar are "left-to-right" in all countries' versions..

Also, WE FINALLY BEAT ECRUTEAK GYM LEADER MORTY! (at night-time, it seems) ^^ IRWIN called to celebrate soon after. XD ...I miss the "Hohohoho..." guy who denied us access to Ecruteak Gym before, though; I can't believe that's not some type of widespread quote/meme yet.. XD On second thought, I'm surprised that we got past Ecruteak Gym so quickly already; good job with Democracy Mode, Twitch players!
    Finally heard the Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal of "Battle! Gym Leader (Johto)"; quite awesome (although the key change at the beginning reminds me of the Johto Trainer battle theme..)! I relished hearing the parts that were integrated within Super Smash Bros. Melee's "Battle Theme" Pokemon medley, with this song marking the final song where I've heard the original rendition (with "Battle! Champion (Johto) being the song where I heardand "Battle! Wild Pokemon (Johto)" being the second)!

And apparently, Trainer Todd saved us from some PC mayhem earlier... XD Darn it; I missed an earlier Rival Battle!

EDIT: OMG
    ; we just entered Johto Route 38's east terminus gate! IIRC, this piece is the music that was remixed for Pokemon Stadium 2's "Pokemon Registration"/"Pick What Pokemon That You're Going To Use" music [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E0m-DcikDI"]"Pokemon Registration"/"Pick What Pokemon That You're Going To Use" music[/ame]; AAAAAAAIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! The Pokemon Stadium 2 version took a few slight liberties, though. {XD}
    Also, the incidental Johto Trainer encounter music for Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal is just BOSS.
    Also, I like how everything has more added audio flair from Generation 1, from the "Pokemon Gym Interior" music to the "Victory against a Wild Pokemon in Johto" music to the "Got a TM!" music to the "Got a Badge!" music... ^_^
    And finally, I love how the audio is broadcasted in stereo for the stream, put to intriguing use with earphone usage - foe Pokemon cries are heard in the right earphone, while the player's/Gold's/AJ's Pokemon cries are heard in the left earphone. :3

EDIT 2: And apparently we had to bum around for a bit until AJ could be controlled via Democracy Mode; that's the main reason I disliked the change. Democracy Mode should be accessible if enough people want it at the moment; the chat shouldn't have to wait for it to be used... TL;DR, old "Anarchy vs. Democracy" system from Twitch Plays Pokemon Red was better.

EDIT 3: We just beat Lass Dana on...Johto Route 38...and our Pokegear's phone is out of memory, but a lot of people in chat seem to want her number, because she's apparently cute and apparently has some Moomoo Milk/"gifts" for us, "all for free". XD

EDIT 4: Wow; my tally of post edits much be reaching a record now. XD How in the world did we get a HootHoot fan-nicknamed as "Hootio" and "Hootigi"? ~_~{XD} And also, we totally need to delete Bug Catcher Wade's number... Lass Dana probably wouldn't even call as much as he does. >_> ROFL; now it seems that the chat wants Beauty Olivia's (on Johto Route 38) phone number, too... XD Interesting seeing the GSC Beauty sprite; I read that it was edited for the English release...

EDIT 5: Just heard Olivine City's music (remixed for Sevii Islands 6 and 7 in Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen, apparently!), Silver's/the Johto rival encounter theme/leitmotif (peppy! Although no battle in Olivine City.. T_T), and Johto's surfing music. So wonderful! :3

EDIT 6: WADE. SERIOUSLY. STAHP CALLING GOLD/AJ; GO CALL OTHER PEOPLE! Go call Bugsy or something; he's a fellow Bug-type Trainer! Sheesh, this is getting ridiculous! Pokemon Emerald's PokeNav's Match Call isn't nearly as bad as this...

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I'm having a hard time watching now cause people keep spamming the chat with ASCII art...
    Spoiler:

And the people saying "THE PC DEMANDS BLOOD TROLOLOL" The PC don't demand crap, stop ruining the fun!

Also guys report this user https://www.twitch.tv/elite_tookis/profile/following he's one of the users I see everynight spamming The PC Demands Blood and attempting ruining to ruin our progress. And report the users spamming ASCII art in the picture above.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Wait, are they actually doing anything detrimental? Or are they just putting those things in the chat? Cause that's not actually affecting the gameplay.

Treecko

Years
    Well there's people trying to release Pokemon and that will harm the progress I guess. The ASCII art is technically spam and that violates Twitch's ToS. I think most of that stuff is usually deleted by moderators or whatever.So I've been reporting spammers when possible (meaning if I click on their profile fast enough).

GUYS THEY'RE SERIOUS ABOUT RELEASING LAZORGATOR. THEY MANAGED TO PUT HIM IN THE PC. ;~;

Last edited:

Treecko

Years
    Yeah don't they realize that he's the reason we got so far? Without LazorGator we're weak. Sure we can grind other party members , but they're so weak, it will take ages to get them strong enough to beat the rest of the game! Who cares if he's overpowered?Bird Jesus was overpowered and people seemed fine with him. I swear to God if we release him, I just can't deal with this anymore. KEEP THE GATOR.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    The "PC DEMANDS THE BLOOD OF THE INNOCENT" is a running meme since Bloody Sunday. It's more likely that we end up releasing somebody by accident while trying to do something completely different than by troll attack because coordinating anything? lmao.

Years
    I haven't paid much attention to the Crystal playthrough so far, I think I'll just jump in for the E4 & Red at the end. It looks like many people have dropped out with me, down to 23k viewers at the moment.

I suppose it would help if LazorGator wasn't the only pokemon levelled so far.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    I'm starting to get the feeling that they don't like Lazor Gator because he's making TPP boring :/ It's kinda true in a way I suppose... When you have an over-levelled Pokemon sweeping everything in your path, I guess it makes things not that fun for them anymore. The main purpose of TPP is kinda to see how, even with chaos, people are able to finish the game together right? That should be why the viewer count has drastically dropped... I can see that now...

Honestly though I'm getting a little bored with this run as well... Things are, as mentioned, too smooth-sailing. A lot of the action's gone ._.

Last edited:

Treecko

Years
    I'll admit, how fast we've cruised through this playthrough has made it a bit less interesting. I mean it's only day three and we have 4 , almost 5 badges and a level 43 Feraligatr. We'll beat the E4 in shorter time that the original and then what? I'm not certain if there will be enough interest for us to move on to Gen 3. We're now in Chuck's gym trying to figure out his Strength puzzle. At this point in Twitch Red version we had only 3 badges working on our forth one. I can somewhat empathize with the people wanting to release Lazor Gator now. Him being gone could make this playthrough more interesting for people. Though the amount of grinding we'd have to do would be very boring and tedious. But I hate losing our starter and he's needed for Surf. A compromise would be to leave him into the PC till the Elite Four and level up the others. But with the trolls, however, that could lead to use releasing him by mistake.

Yeah , it's very win-lose for everyone. I'm glad we have him back for now though. Last night was dreadful to watch for me.

Shhmew

Years
    Well there's people trying to release Pokemon and that will harm the progress I guess. The ASCII art is technically spam and that violates Twitch's ToS. I think most of that stuff is usually deleted by moderators or whatever.So I've been reporting spammers when possible (meaning if I click on their profile fast enough).
    But isn't there some sort of "slow mode" thing to prevent spam where you can only send in messages (at least, similar messages) every minute or so? If the ASCII art is being sent in multiple times at once, it's by a bunch of different people. It's annoying, but I don't think it's against Twitch's ToS. I actually went to the ToS and skimmed through, didn't really see anything relevant, but again I just skimmed. I did a ctrl + F search for "spam" and all I saw was stuff about sending junk mail and collecting email addresses just to spam them. I have no idea what the mods choose to do with them though, and again I could be wrong but this is just what I picked up.

As for those encouraging we release the Pokemon, ;P If people listen to them and actually did it then that's obviously the decision of the masses because it would take a lot of cooperation to release something on purpose. Remember, this is just a social experiment.

I too find it a little boring this playthrough is zipping by so fast though, it's a huge contrast to being stuck in the rocket hideout for days haha. But does anyone know if it ends at the E4 or Red? Because the E4 is laughably easy but getting to Red would be extremely difficult, so it seems either might be a little disappointing. .-.

Treecko

Years
    You do make a good point Shhmew, but I'd honestly wish they'd look over chat for streams more too. Some of them can get pretty spammy, especially Twitch Plays Pokemon. I know TPP has a slow mode, cause I've gotten that message when trying to put in a command too early. But I have seen the same person spam the same thing over and over. Maybe not one after one, but still very often.

I'd like us to go on to beat Red, but it may just depend on how willing people are to go through Kanto again. That would make this playthrough end up lasting longer (maybe longer than the original) since Kanto takes much longer than Johto from my perspective. Plus I still think it would be neat to see us battle Red with the original Twitch team. Though I still imagine us taking ages to beat Red and people getting bored cause it's taking too long. lol That's what happened we started grinding in Red, the view count dropped drastically and then picked up when we got to the E4 and picked up more when we beat Blue.

Treecko

Years
    Wow I haven't checked the stream in a day cause we have no internet at home. :( Good thing I had to go to school to do something. (But no one is really coming here much anyway....)

And from the looks of it, we got Brain (Pidgey/Pidgeot )and HootHoot aka Dr.Hoot out of the PC. And Burrito is at level 24. So our team is much better now. And we're in Price's Gym already. We seem to have yet catch the Red Gyarados though. We released Prince Omelette and Wooper Goldberg it seems though. :( Rest in peace both of you. Just like in Red during Bloody Sunday, I think we should keep going with this team. We have 3 Pokemon at level 30 or higher and one almost at level 30. We should be good.

Edit: Of course we're struggling with his ice puzzle though. XD

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I'm amazed. Seven badges already, holy man. And now that the party order is shuffled, our bbys are growing up. Yay for low-level mons everywhere?

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I haven't watched this one very much, Doesn't have the same draw to me as Red did, Might watch as it gets further in but I don't like democracy being every hour, it was fun watching it fail so much now people just do other things and wait for democracy for the hard parts.

Years
    Been a while since I checked the stream, but wow I can't believe they have Shuckie xP

Anyway, they're at Petrel (as he's known as in HGSS) now it seems, this may take a while. I haven't paid too much attention, however I wonder what they'll do against Clair.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    We seem to have yet catch the Red Gyarados though.
    They fainted it, actually, I saw it. (You need to fight it to activate the hideout part, and beating that allows you into Pryce's gym).

Just watched them fight the Fake Director. Everyone bar Feraligatr fainted at the Weezing, then (once they finally selected him) he swept.

Treecko

Years
    Oh my bad. I've been so out of the loop lately with the stream cause I've had no internet at home for the last 2 days. Thank goodness we payed our bill and have it back now. :D It looks like we're fighting Rocket in the Radio Tower now. Guess the puzzles there have been as difficult as the one in their Hideout. And this is the lowest I've seen the view count for the stream have thus far. Only about 16,000....

Back