• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ugh, I hate this season.

Universe

all-consuming
Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    A lot of us are progressing into spring currently, while some of us are still stuck in winter (like me) and probably sick with the coughs and aches. (like me, again)

So thinking about this, I wondered... what's your favorite season, guys? What makes you love it so much? Are the holidays what get you or is it the weather? Describe an ideal day in your favorite season, if you want!
    How about your least favorite season? Why do you dislike it?

I'm personally really ecstatic about going into spring soon since that's my favorite. Winter sucks it can go burn.

Last edited:
    Years
  • My favorite seasons are Autumn and Winter.

I love the crisp feeling in the Fall air, the leaves changing colors, the mysterious and sometimes overcast skies and Halloween.

Winter is just magical for me, it has a lot of meaning with the holidays. I also LOVE snow, I think it's wonderful. I enjoy curing up with a warm blanket and a cup of hot chocolate on cold days and watching Christmas movies.

I don't really hate any season, but my least favorite I guess would be summer because of the unbearable heat. I only really enjoyed it when we lived in a house with a pool so I could cool off when I wanted.

I enjoy Spring a lot, I like the holidays, St. Patrick's Day, Easter Sunday. The weather is really nice, not too hot or too cold, unfortunately here it seems to skip right over spring and goes straight to summer temps.

Years
  • My favorite season would be summer. I actually wouldn't mind a heat wave right about now, anything to get out of these ridiculous up and down temperatures.

Winter is my least favorite season. Whenever the temperature is at or below freezing, I have to make sure all the outside faucets are covered, and all the faucets in the house are dripping, and opening the cabinet doors below the kitchen sink so air can circulate around the pipes. :pink_pissed:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I love the heat, I love summer. Between 2013 and 2014 I had three Summers in a row, it was beautiful. Yay changing hemispheres.

pkmin3033

I love winter; I thrive in cold, wet and miserable weather. Nothing better than curling up under blankets or covers when it's below freezing outside, or the rain is bucketing it down. The downside is that my hands freeze up due to poor circulation, but that's what fingerless gloves are for. Winter also means my birthday and Christmas, which are close enough to one another to keep me in a generally chipper mood, and far enough away that I get time to appreciate my presents in the interval. Whilst Christmas itself is often anticlimactic, the run-up to it is always fun as well.

I loathe summer, because the heat makes it difficult to sleep, the sunlight gives me a headache, and I hate hate HATE sweating, it makes me feel disgusting. Summer also sports six weeks in which the kids are out of school, meaning very little peace and quiet...and a long, painfully tense period in which all of us are at home and in one another's way. As a family, we function better when we only have to see one another for a few hours in the evening, and at weekends, not over long and extended periods of time.

tl;dr: winter good, summer bad.

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
    Years
  • I prefer winter.

I love snow and I love cold air.

The summers where I live are miserable. They're hot and so, so humid. The air chokes me and I sweat from just being outside. Since it's humid, your sweat goes nowhere and then you're a sticky, burning mess and forget trying to dress or look decent. Ick.

So much nasty sweat. ;-;

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Summer only gets me down and sweaty, plus I never get to wear my favourite clothes due to the aforementioned sweat issue. It's a pretty season for postcards, and I do like swimming, but otherwise I care little for the season. Not to mention that where I live in New Zealand, it's basically always summer, or at least always sunny.
    Winter is the season where I attain my full power, to paraphrase any DBZ villain. While winter here isn't really cold as much as wet, there's at least the hope that it'll be cold that morning, that biting feeling being what wakes me up. I get to wear my favourite clothes as well, which is perhaps most important. Numerous thick sweaters that make me look like I'm a mistress to a party member in the Kremlin. I enjoy winter while it lasts, as within two to three months the eight month summer is upon me once again.

Years
  • Spring and fall, because I'm partial to the temperatures that lie nicely between cold and hot. A bit of warmth, or a bit of chill - yeah, those are fine for me. And for some reason, my moods always seem to be best during either of those two seasons. Maybe it is because of the weather. Or maybe it's because both herald a time of change in my mind.

At one point I would have said summer was my least favorite because it was so hot and humid, but after moving up north - nope, winter has replaced it. At least summer here isn't so bad. I am so tired of the cold already though.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    It's currently 9 degrees with wind chill... what is spring?

In all honesty, fall is my favorite season. I used to love winter, but then I started driving and snow days no longer exist for me lol.

Summer is starting to become a fav season for me too, but I'm not crazy about sunburns or humidity so it's kinda blah. Spring is kind of exciting because that's when I get my garden started up and everything. I like all seasons for different reasons, but winter is starting to fall lower on my list each year.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Its only -8 here hehahaaaaa hmmm...
    I hate winter!
    Firstly i hate the cold its to cold to wear shorts and i have to wear gloves some days its so cold!
    The snow is everywhere! Cars are still stuck under it!
    Theres black ice on my driveway so i cant ever walk outside without landing on my butt.
    We are at high risk for car crashes thanks to this ice!
    Is there anything to like here i mean seriously?
    And plus my fav season is summer i want to tan and go to the beach not freeze in my own home!

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • spring and summer are My Shit. you can drive around with all the windows down, you can stay out late, you can go outside comfortably (unless you dislike heat, which I don't so it works out), you don't have as much responsibility (if you're a schoolchild like yours truly), everything feels more relaxed, it's less cloudy, THUNDERSTORMS, etc. I could go on and on. FUCK. I hate winter. this period between winter and spring is the worst because it feels like it should be getting better but it just stays at this weird kind-of-cold-but-not-nearly-warm-enough-to-be-considered-warm state that's just so awful. Ughhh

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Because I'm in Florida, the brutal effects of winter are almost effectively nullified, thus making it my favorite season. As a tradeoff, however, we get pretty horrible summers, and I just can't stand excessive heat.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • omg... I LOVE winter. I was born and raised in Maine. So, I used to have to stand outside in the frigid cold weather to wait for my school bus to come. 8D Ever since then, I've always had a huge fondness for the cold. In fact, the only way for me to sleep at night is if my room is freezing.

Summer has always been the worst for me though. It's even worse when you live in a fucking desert like I do. Why, just today it was so hot... IN SPRING I MIGHT ADD that the sun was seriously trying to roast you. I've always hated heat. I just can't stand anything that's boiling hot at all. So, summer is no better. I also hate that disgusting sweaty feeling.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I'm an introvert and a night person, so Winter. Plus I love sleeping when it's cold, so that's a plus. There's just something special about Winter nights.

Although it definitely overstayed its welcome this year.
    Ugh, I hate this season.

Lousy Smarch weather

Sirfetch’d

Hard one because I don't particularly dislike any seasons. Considering I am a Castform and all. If I had to pick a favorite it would definitely be spring just because it's a nice mix of sunny but sometimes rainy and warm but not too cold. Also the beautiful blooming flowers everywhere *_*

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I like Fall. Never really experienced actual "fall" like leaves changing and all that. but to me, Fall means cooler temperatures and a breakaway from the summer heat. Living in a desert that has 110+ temperatures is not that easy. So I always look forward to September when temperatures start to fall drastically.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Where I live, there are no seasons. Only harsh heat, and less harsh heat with added wind, insects and disease as a bonus.

But my favorite "season" though would be summer, as it's the part of the year where I visit my extended family, go to the beach and take holidays :D

Back