• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen UGH! Liepard is so hard to train!

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    My Blitzle was hard to train, but it didn't suck so much that I gave up. And I must say, I am not disappointed with Zebrastrika. However, there were two Pokemon I did have to give up on: Muna and Purrlion, both for the same reason: They can't take a hit, at all.

That seems to be the problem with a lot of Gen 5 Pokemon, isn't it?

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2022
    I find this generation extremely easy to train pokemon. you can get two xp shares and a lucky egg? this is the first generation where ive constantly had my pokes 5 levels higher than every gym leader. maybe im just a grinding *****, but i was definitely not the first 4 generations.

and i found munna really easy to train, he was my most realiable one for a bit there. his ability to use psybeam with solid early game def, HP and spec def, in addition too moonlight and hypnosis.. i <3ed it.

i have not train a purrloin yet, but when i was messing around with him he did seem to die a bit more than my starter. you could always wait and xp share it though. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    I was having some difficulty with my female Purrloin at first, but then I taught it attract. Now my strategy in battle is to use attract if the opposing pokemon is male and then use sand attack like crazy and it actually worked out pretty well. It just evolved into Liepard yesterday but I haven't had the chance to use it yet. I have several other pokemon with dark moves though, so there is a chance that I may swap it out for something else later on down the road but for now it seems to be an adequate performer.

Years
  • Audino, Patrat and Munna were hard fer meh tew train. Also Audino wuz oun of the more useless Pokemon.

As owf naoo, I'm traning mai second Vanillish which I named Gothitelle. Training hur is nawt hard, keeping hur smawl is the hardest part.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • im at that difficult level area of high forties low fifties with my haxorus.
    it seem impossible to train until high sixties, which is when i sky rocket in levels against the E4. like from 67 to 92 in a few hours.
    but i really hate that middle level range. it ticks me off.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I WANT TO PUNCH EVERY DEINO IN THE FACE.

level sixty-goddamn-four. ;_;

I was pretty much going through the Unova Dex in order, training everything up and then moving on to the next missing Pokémon. I was whining about all the ones that evolved at level 40 and then got to Deino and saw what it needed to get to Hydreigon and just UGH. Never again. It took me like a week because I really didn't want to just run around waiting for shaking patches of Audino but my Deino (and its evo whose name I forget right now) couldn't hold its own in most battles so it took forever with exp share or lucky egg.

Years
  • I didn't think Deino was all that hard to train. In fact to me it felt like a breeze. I guess it really was all bout the items I had equipped to it and the areas I was training. I find if you are really having trouble just get a traded pokemon and throw lucky egg on it. Works like a charm.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Are you serious?

Have you ever caught one pokemon you thought was going to be amazing. You looked forward to it; you planned your team around him/her but ultimately when you finally got your hands on the pokemon and used him/her you were let down.

Okay guys, which pokemon has let you down the most?

Mine would be Serperior on White...I expected more from him but I felt he was too weak for my tastes and ultimately I ended up dropping him for a Shiny Deino I found on Victory Road. :#

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Tirtouga let me down soooo much. :( I thought it would be good because it had great attack and defense stats, but it's honestly been the weakest link on my team. I'm waiting till I can switch it out for something better. XD

The Pidove line kinda let me down as well, mainly because they're physical attackers but don't actually learn a physical Flying move until... never, I think. :x Its Sp. Attack stat isn't even that great; it can't take advantage of the special Flying moves it learns. You can teach it Pluck and Aerial Ace but not Acrobatics which kinda bummed me out, too.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    On my first playthrough of White, I caught whatever the pre-evo of Zebstrika is, I'm completely blanking on the name right now. I thought it was awesome that you could get an electric pokemon so early in the game and I expected him to be sort of the Ampharos of Unova. But, to be honest, I quit the playthrough early because Zebstrika's suckiness pissed me off so much. :| By the time I reached the E4, he was too weak to use. So I ended up beating the E4 and didn't even bother doing the post-game, restarted with a new team and I'm still playing it through now.

The_Noob

Banned
    Years
  • Zekrom really let me down. My Zebstrika could take him out.

I thought it was going to be a really kickass legendary. But then it turned out to be suck. None of the Legends this Gen are very impressive. Like, with Mewtwo or Lugia or Giratina, you could train it easy. But Zekrom... Well, it turned out to be really bad to train. So I wimped out and found a Deino, and made a kickass Hydreigon out of him.

Noob out.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Agreeing with Saryka about Tirtouga. It was alright right when I got it, but as I went on, just...no. I actually let it evolve into Carracosta, and I swear, it got worse from there. Gotta be pretty bad to do that, honestly.

And I agree with Penatrait about Zebstrika. I hated that thing, lmao.

I thought Liepard was going to be Jesus, but it let me down and I boxed it pretty quickly. I thought the same thing about Herdier my first time in White, but I gave it another chance in Black, and I'm actually quite impressed with it (and Stoutland) now, especially with access to Fire/Ice/Thunder Fang. :]

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    I was very much looking forward to Reuniclus, but he was ultimately too weak to be a part of my team.

Odd, my Reuniclus is the exact opposite!

I agree with Tirtouga too. I tried to train one after hearing seeing his stats and it was a real let down. Glad I switched over to Jellicent!

Edit: @ The_Noob Seismitoads stats make me not want to go towards him, and I already have a ground type in Excadrill.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Zebstrika really bummed me out in my first playthrough because I expected it to be awesome (I looooved Blitzle before the game came out) but it couldn't really take hits and my Galvantula was so much better. :s Also Purrloin, but at least that one I gave up on around level 15 because I realized it probably wasn't going to get much better.

In my second playthrough, I grabbed a Ducklett and evolved it into Swanna but I'm just not feeling it. I finished up the game with it in my party but it just... I dunno. It didn't click with me and it's not as strong/versatile as I hoped. It's essentially just my HM slave now in the endgame.

The_Noob

Banned
    Years
  • I agree with Tirtouga too. I tried to train one after hearing seeing his stats and it was a real let down. Glad I switched over to Jellicent!

What's with all this talk of everyone using Blastoise's grandpa and the Mr. Pringles jellyfish as their water-type?

You fools know nothing of the powerhouse that is Seismitoad. His Drain Punch - Poison Touch - Shell Bell combo will send you packing quite easily.

I expected this guy to be fail at first. Turns out, he's extremely awesome. In fact, I originally didn't count on using most of the Pokemon I had on my team.

Noob out.

KODAH

Supporter
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2019
    golurk was sort of a let down. mainly because i grew it to 100 and its attack might be right but everything else is crying

Back