• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen UGH! Liepard is so hard to train!

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
  • I had a Liepard in my party. I didn't particularly find it hard to train, though. xD;
    One pokemon I found hard training was... hmm. Probably Simisear.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • Darumaka !..That thing is a pain..Actually it's more of the ability.80 % or low accuracy on every move is pathetic..Took me ages to evolve it to darmanitan

Meinfoo

Spelling error? Spelling win!
    Years
  • Why didn't Game Freak give Liepard Dark Pulse? It's special stat is pretty good and I don't know why it shouldn't be able to learn it naturally. It really could have used moves like thunderbolt and stuff but I don't think it gets many powerful special moves because its a dark type.

It didn't get every move in existence like Persian. Honestly, where does the thing pull all of the different moves from???

レイジングブラスト

Back after a short break
    Years
  • Liepard was ridiculously hard to raise and when I did get it to evolve from a Purrloin it wasn't even worth it because its stats are not that impressive and it's move pool isn't much better. I gave up on that Liepard and ended up getting a Zoroark instead.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    I started a new game (without saving, so I can keep my save file) and I used Liepard. It was horrible until it got Thief, then it was slightly better. At Castelia City it evolved and it was amazing, then when I went to the desert it went bad, real fast. Then I got Claw Sharpen and it got a little bit better. Oh and as my team got better, Liepard, weirdly improved as well. Since Assist is actually usable since my only non-attacking moves at the time were Growth, Leech Seed and Thunder Wave. I'm currently standing at Opelucid City with a Lvl 40 Liepard. It was worth the wait and it is now taking stuff down like it's no one's business with Hone Claws + Assurance / Assist.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2012
    surprisingly, i didnt find liepard to hard to train but i left it at lvl 26 (4th gym) later on, i figured out there was a psychic and ghost time elite four and decided it would be easy with a dark type which is super affective against both. my mincinno is one of my strongest so im letting it stay in the pc while the others catch up. so far, im having no trouble really with leveling and evolving pokemon.

Smooky

You blinked, didn't you?
    Years
  • Liepard is a major pain, but I'm training her to level 100 because she's my baby. :P

Blitzle was also really hard to train.

Azurina

PKMN Ranger Carmen Sandiego
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2013
    It took me a long time to get my Whimsicott to the point where he wasn't KO'd with one hit every time he went into battle. I had the same problem with my Tranquill until she evolved.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2012
    weakest unova pokemon?

whats the weakest pokemon in your opinion?
    ((has to be gen V)NO MAGIKARP!)
    Mine would be pidove, but maybe i just got a pidove with bad IV's

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
  • Gothitelle, in my opinion, is one of the weakest Pokemon I've ever used. It's pretty frail, and it can't take very many hits, regardless of whether it's a physical or special attack.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    whats the weakest pokemon in your opinion?
    ((has to be gen V)NO MAGIKARP!)
    Mine would be pidove, but maybe i just got a pidove with bad IV's

This seems to be covered by our hardest Pokemon to train thread, because usually the Pokemon people find hardest to train are seen to be weaker.

Alternatively, there's also likes/dislikes where you can discuss if you think a Pokemon is weak in general or not. You could also try s&m's question thread, since the people there should be able to answer your question, mainly because most of the time the weakest is determined by stats and not by personal opinion.

I merged with hardest to train for now, anyway, since it'll be covering your topic!

Years
  • Gothitelle, in my opinion, is one of the weakest Pokemon I've ever used. It's pretty frail, and it can't take very many hits, regardless of whether it's a physical or special attack.
    Nawt really. I took out Grimsley's whole entire roster with just Gothitelle. No revives. No getting killed.

I also took out Ghetisis' Hydreigon with it. It depends on it's nature. Mine says "capable of taking hits". Night slash only takes away like less than half of my HP.

Enuff about mine, I'm saying that she maybe a fragile little girl, but she's just as competent as Hydreigon... at times even more.

great now everyone's going to think I'm a fangirl :[

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
  • Nawt really. I took out Grimsley's whole entire roster with just Gothitelle. No revives. No getting killed.

I also took out Ghetisis' Hydreigon with it. It depends on it's nature. Mine says "capable of taking hits". Night slash only takes away like less than half of my HP.

Enuff about mine, I'm saying that she maybe a fragile little girl, but she's just as competent as Hydreigon... at times even more.

great now everyone's going to think I'm a fangirl :[

Then I suppose you're one of the luckier ones. The one I've used (and the ones I've faced) weren't all that powerful. They could land hits, but couldn't take them. Caitlin's Gothitelle went down in one hit from my Zebstrika's (also level 50) Thunderbolt, and I know for a fact that my Zebstrika has a terrible special attack stat.

Anyway, rant over. :D

Years
  • Then I suppose you're one of the luckier ones. The one I've used (and the ones I've faced) weren't all that powerful. They could land hits, but couldn't take them. Caitlin's Gothitelle went down in one hit from my Zebstrika's (also level 50) Thunderbolt, and I know for a fact that my Zebstrika has a terrible special attack stat.

Anyway, rant over. :D
    Ahh I see. I'm glad I'm not a fangirl then XD.

Also maybe because mine was level 61 when I faught Ghesisis. (Still I could take out a level 67 Bisharp with one hit (n n) )

Enuff braggin Gothite! *goes to the kitteh kornur*

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • Hardest to train..My Petilil/(forget next evolution)/Leavanny. Couldnt really train it very well, so just smacked an Exp. Share on it and switched to my starter so while im beating up gyms he gets trained XD.

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
  • My Deerling was being a BIG pain when I first got it. I ended up just giving it the EXP share until it evolved. Now, it does okay, especially since it finally got a decent grass move (Horn Leech). Sandile was also a pain. I guess it's because I kept choosing Pokemon with weak defense and okay attack strength, but no attacks to back it up. ):

Years
  • I had the same intentions as you OP. I wanted a Purrloin/Liepard ever since the Pokemon was announced for Black/White. I thought it was so cute!

I trained one on my Black version when I first got the game, but not for long. By the time I got passed the 3rd badge, I REALLY REALLY wanted a Sandile. Of course, there's no need to have two dark-types on my team, and Purrloin doesn't have anything secondary, so I swapped it.

I don't think Purrloin/Liepard is hard to train. What gave me difficulty was Pidove/its evos, it is a physical attacker yet it learns mostly status and special attack moves. I hated it! I didn't have any good TMs at the time either.

Back