• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen ~*!*~UGLIEST 1ST GENERATION POKEMON SPRITE~*!*~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Me2UJus4Free

It's peanut butter jelly time!
Years
  • And this all is made by professional graphic designers? I bet that a kid could draw them better =="

Aaah, I wouldn't say that. They look no better than most fakemon you see out there. Give them some slack. It was there first game after all. Just be happy they learned their lession and started to make purdy sprites.

I love Squirtle's sprite from Green. It looks like it wants a hug. =3

greenspr007.png

Aww, he just wants some love.

Though, I'd say it's Blue sprite is no better.

rbspr007.png

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    I must say I like Green's Dewgong, Mewtwo, Rapidash would be OK considering it looks hardly anything like a Pokemon, more like a Unicorn...

Clefable's is good... Muk is ok... Staryu and Starmie, how could you mess those two up? Dratini is better than Red and Blue's by far... Magikarp looks by far the most like he does today...

Besides that, if I were a Japanese kid this games graphics would probably make me cry...

Also, why doesn't Weedle have any legs?

Me2UJus4Free

It's peanut butter jelly time!
    Years
  • Also, why doesn't Weedle have any legs?

Because Satoshi Taijiri pulled them off. He is evil I tell you!

Also, Slowbrow.

rbspr080.png

Is it just me, or does his shell look like spikey poop?

And this does not look like a Geodude. When I first battled Brock in Blue, I shouted "That thing cannot be a Geodude! WTFOMGBBQ!"

rbspr074.png

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
  • when i got my red version as a 7 year old, I didn't know about the siph scope thing so all the unidentified ghosts in the poke tower scared me sooooooo much I just started crying it was so scary to me,how u couldn't attack it and its sprite was weird and scary...

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    What were Nintendo on when they did these? .___.;;

Most of these are either fat, demented or strained. The Green sprites compared to Blue and Red, although some are a little better, they seriously are... wacked. Okay, there are SOME decent ones :3

Clicking random Pokemon Green pokemon on PE2K.com...

greenspr149.png

.___.;; His head is as big as his body. What's he trying to get out?

greenspr074.png

His brains are popping out! OH NOEZ

greenspr017.png
    < - >
    greenspr018.png

Is there much difference between the two? There's nothing wrong, much, with the sprites, but there's hardly and difference. LMAO. Pidgeotto is pregnet >w<

greenspr094.png

... ATTACK OF THE ... Fat Ghost?

greenspr107.png

He's hiding from the press >w<

greenspr097.png

... His nose is.. big. D:

greenspr118.png

It's a fish unicorn! Look at the size of that horn!

greenspr066.png

... Whoa. ._________.;;

greenspr067.png

... WHOA .___________________________.;;

greenspr114.png

Last night's speggeti.

greenspr103.png

The one on the left is the scariest. It's trying to hypnotise me!

And, then, there's the most famous of them all!!
    greenspr151.png

The Mew with it's brain popping out of his head! WHEEE.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • I think that The r/b blastoise looked like an obese goblin from LOZ. Lickitung looked like a pig, and rhyhorn looked like a skeleton of Lickitung. And Omanyte from Yellow was just...Wierd. I always thought machop was made of paper(in blue)

Last edited:

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
  • when I got yellow when i wuz 8 I though articuno looked like a dog w/ wings just look at it

gby144.gif

I thought the beak was a nose...

Orochi

Orochi - ShimaKage
    Years
  • The Ugly Pokemon I saw.

One of then is definitely the dewgong,its hideous! the first time i saw it was when i battled Lorelli. i called it a swimming chicken leg lol.

Monzae

Poison Technician
    Years
  • Mew looks like he has a malignant tumor or three on his head, but come on, honestly what the hell is with Exeggutor. That thing looks like it just waltzed out of a vat of radioactive waste.

greenspr103.png

Nuff said.

Years
  • I actually HAVE to agree with the golbat one. I remember first time I saw it I recoiled from the screen. I think I was pretty glad I hadn't spent time raising a zubat to evolve it...

I would also say Mr-Mime but then I have a bias against Mr. Mime. I've never liked that pokemon anyway.

Monzae

Poison Technician
    Years
  • This is for the people following the hype about Golbat being incredibly ugly.
    I know I wanted to see it for myself, and get all nostalgic about it

I immediately regret that decision.

rbspr042.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back