• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen ~*!*~UGLIEST 1ST GENERATION POKEMON SPRITE~*!*~

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Golbat's is just... wow.

I think we should all be happy these have improved... XD

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Vileplume
    rbspr045.png

o_o

Xintetsu

Vagabond
    Years
  • is it just me or does mews head look like its been parted in 3 places by a shovel..
    and its feet ran over by a tank
    it also looks pretty malnourished to.
    i shed a tear for the poor first gen mew...-crys-

ItzMike

Has made a triumphant comeback
    Years
  • Because Satoshi Taijiri pulled them off. He is evil I tell you!

Also, Slowbrow.

rbspr080.png

Is it just me, or does his shell look like spikey poop?

And this does not look like a Geodude. When I first battled Brock in Blue, I shouted "That thing cannot be a Geodude! WTFOMGBBQ!"

rbspr074.png

I caught a geodude early in the first gen's games

His Nickname was PCorn (PopCorn)

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2008
    Green version charizard was the ugliest it looks like it was drawn by a four year old.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    What? That Mew is cool!
    I can agree with the Green verion's Lizardon, though, but the new sprite is very bad as well. The only good ones were Blue and Yellow.
    I like the old sprites better (not all, because some new are better), Ghose/Ghastly looks like a cannonball nowadays and the ghosts are purple instead of black. I think Ghost/Haunter looks like a shadow in the old games, don't know what it is in the new ones, but it looks less ghostly anyway.
    One thing I like about the G/R/B/Y sprites is that they often look different from each others. For instance, a Green and Blue version's Lizardon/Charisard looks less alike each others than a Silver and Diamond version's do.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2012
    rbspr092.png

.....Is that a Gastly?? That's what the name says, but it sure doesn't look like it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back