• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen ~*!*~UGLIEST 1ST GENERATION POKEMON SPRITE~*!*~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    OMG!!! EVERYONE IT'S THE GHOST!!!
    rbspr014.png

Pidgey looks like an owl
    rbspr016.png

Boogey down
    rbspr070.png

Did Raticate turn into a zombie today?
    gby020.gif

Now those sprites are terrible.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    I've seen awful sprites among the new ones as well. Why did this thread only be for 1 gen? I could post an ugly sprite from, what was it, Emerald. It looks like my math teacher.

Pokemon Breeder Zoria

Normal Type Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2008
    Red/Blue Golbat sprite. Someone please gauge my eyes out. x_x The green Wigglytuff looks like it's on crack, I mean look at it's eyes. The Green ninetales always scared me. Pidgey looks like an actual bird, I don't know why, but thats weird. The red/blue Kadabra looks anorexic, my poor Spearow and Fearow were killed, and don't get me STARTED on Articuno. x_x

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • when I first got Charizard I never liked the battle pic. But then when I found that I needed to use him a whole lot after I evolved him I got used to it.

I never liked Ghastly. It did look like a bunch of dots connected by a purple aura

Raichu looked very strange in my opinion.

Dratini looked weird as well.

Ariel

tsugi no mai, hakuren.
    Years
  • LOL

Doesn't anyone remember Haunter's sprite from R/B? It was SCARY O_O
    Gengar's was also pretty creepy..and Ghastly was more odd than scary. He looked like a vampire.

And Pokemon Yellow's Dragonair Sprite was amazing. Best they made. BRING IT BACK NINTENDO!

eternalglory

Private Eye
    Years
  • parasect. he looks like a friggin table.
    oh yea and ivysaur's, just because he's standing, even though the pokedex PLAINLY says that he cannot stand. In the same version. Argh.

fate

PK Awesome
    Years
  • I don't know, I thought the G/S/C sprites looked rather good for the GBC. Some awkward poses, but otherwise good looking sprites.

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • Uh... Golbat. No doubt. Creeps me out and makes me wonder where'd they ever get the guts to put such a horrible sprite into a game.

fate

PK Awesome
    Years
  • I kinda miss the old Machoke/Machamp. They looked more beastly than human back then. I'm not to fond of their newer look.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back