• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga uguu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I have to start both hero academy and Kabaneri, both look sooooo good. Also, anyone who still won't watch Dragon Ball Super simply due to principles should jusy give up and get back on the hype train. This Future Trunks arc is 100% no bullshit.

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
    I still need to catch up on dragon ball and not stall it but I finally caught up to Assassination Classroom and Kiznaiver the other day. Both seem to be a bit of a let down though due to trigger having a much better show this season and classroom not being as fun as season one.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    I'm having fun with Dragon Ball Super, and I really like the Slice of Life episodes where the cast just shows that friendship they built over 500 episodes. But other than that, the plot seems weaker than ever for Dragon Ball, one might even say that GT had a better story and characters. Beerus and Whis are fun, but the Universe 7 cast was really forgettable, and the whole arc was handled poorly. Seeing Trunks back sounds like it will be fun, but the promotional posters had Mai on them, which asks the question, is that even the same Future Trunks? From screenshots I've seen it seems to be the same Future Trunks, but it makes no sense having young Mai there. I know I know, looking for some sort of sense in DBZ is pointless, but this really sticks out.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    I'm having fun with Dragon Ball Super, and I really like the Slice of Life episodes where the cast just shows that friendship they built over 500 episodes. But other than that, the plot seems weaker than ever for Dragon Ball, one might even say that GT had a better story and characters. Beerus and Whis are fun, but the Universe 7 cast was really forgettable, and the whole arc was handled poorly. Seeing Trunks back sounds like it will be fun, but the promotional posters had Mai on them, which asks the question, is that even the same Future Trunks? From screenshots I've seen it seems to be the same Future Trunks, but it makes no sense having young Mai there. I know I know, looking for some sort of sense in DBZ is pointless, but this really sticks out.
    7 had potential, though. Frost was a missed opportunity if I ever saw one, the bear and the bot were just kind of there, the Saiyan (whose name escapes me) had a pretty fun fight and made for a solid Vegeta episode, and as far as fights go, I'd say Hit's fight currently holds the top spot in Super. That fight felt really good, especially as for longtime fans.

But yeah, at the beginning I was thinking that Future Trunks was indeed a different Future Trunks, based on the timeline where they defeated Cell and Kid Trunks grew up to a...different ruined future. But they pretty much disprove that right away. As for Mai, it's iffy, but it's possible. Piccolo died a year after Goku, and it might have happened before that because butterfly effect...silly, but this' Toriyama we're talking about. Might as well suspend that disbelief up the wazoo.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
    Is anyone else watching Space Patrol Luluco? I started 2 days ago randomly and I have to say that it was the best decision I've made, coming late into the season. It's made by Trigger so expect crazy action and comedy.

FIGHT FOR JUSTICE!

jappo

[b]Thank you for being you![/b]
    Years
    Genocyber, yeah i heard about that, and those other mentioned. They don't have the best stories there is, but the blood factor is quite there. Battle Royale High school, definitely something that I will check out.

I'm starting to remember how much I enjoyed Blood C (i only saw it like last year) and i even talked about it here when i was soooooooooo active in A&M's DCC. That was like a few months ago. However, it was no Blood+, and I felt that Blood C could have been better if there were at least MORE THAN 13 episodes.. and Blood C was released back in 2011, the trend of 13 episode anime's didn't really exist at that time. But hey at least I did see The Last Dark (AND IN ENGLISH DUB <3) because I really needed to finish everything about the Blood C storyline and well.. at least The Last Dark was a much better experience than the 13 episodes that i had to go through.

Speaking of animes, I've been reading and checking info about Koutetsujou no Kabaneri:
    uguu?

I was reading through 2016's list of anime releases and this was one of the first few things that caught my eye. And right now, I've been checking out various clips or some highlights from said series. I kinda think it might be interesting so I'll be dabbing in here. Also Yukina is muscular lady.

uguu?

Now i feel that i need to lift. DO YOU EVEN HM STRENGTH BRO?

Also, i remember talking about Devilman in this thread. Both the anime and the manga. Every Devilman related thing. Such wow, such rawr. I wonder what happened to the people who i recommended Devilman as something to read >: ))))

I need to watch Koutetsujou no Kabaneri as well! I was waiting for season 1 to be finished, so I can bench it. Is it already complete (season 1)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Koutetsujou no Kabaneri:
    So i just watched my fair share of it and i got to say. Whatever good things the people did say about the anime, I'm quite sold so far.

And because donny had to mention Gunime (aka one of my most favorite things in the world, aside from DOOM and League of course, and D.Va's bodysuit)... I figured i dwell into a bit of Upotte!! because moe-personifications of Firearms... well I've heard about it way back, heck I even told something in this very thread months ago that the greatest crossover would be Strike Witches (Aircraft) + Kancolle (Warships) + Girls und Panzer (Tanks) + Upotte!! (Firearms) and that would basically give me a fully COCKED shotgun for a couple of days, even if its just in Doujin form.

(also VGdcc is turning into a Rant thread so i might as well avoid any of the salt for now)

Spoiler:

M-14Chan... <3 because i love my blue eyed blondes (and my US army issued battle rifles)

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    I sometimes feel like I missed my opportunity with some of these franchises, as I didn't watch them when I was more open to everything, and now I'm too busy working on specific anime. Strike Witches is something I'd want to experience at least once in my life, but I could probably find 10 excuses not to see it. Same goes for the Index franchise I'm curious to check, but being 100 episodes and not really my cup of tea, I could probably find 10 other shows to watch instead. I'm only 24 and already feel like an old man when it comes to anime.

Years
    24 is pretty young to be a Strike Witches fan anyway. You still have plenty of time for that.

Raildex is fun in places but only if you can enjoy battle shounen and light novel cliches. If you ever do decide to give it a crack I'd suggest watching the Sisters Arc (the series crown jewel ) from the spin off first, as oppoesd to Index s1.

Years
    I enjoy Raildex better in print, personally (disclaimer: I've yet to see the Railgun adaptation, but I've read the source material). The Index adaptation skips over some things that make the lore make more sense.

That said, the Railgun story, despite the first arc taking place before the first Index arc chronologically, is written in such a way that having watched/read the equivalent of Index Season I is almost a prerequisite. Index Season I covers the first 6 Index novels. Season I of Railgun cover the first 17 chapters of the Railgun manga and then goes into an anime-only filler arc that's non-canon for the second arc of S1.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    Well I guess in Japan with each year the otaku grow, they like their anime girls younger. By the time they reach 40s they're already into toddlers. But I guess that's why Kodomo no Jikan and Fate/Illya exist.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    ^ lmao

I haven't really seen Kodomo no Jikan. But Fate/Illya is on my ptw list. So I plan to check that out sometime. One thing that surprised me about the series was how lewd some of the kisses between kids were. I mean, god damn, they were more lewd than most of the hentai out there.

...not speaking from experience of course. A friend told me that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back