• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga uguu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    FLCL sure made up for that with Pillows goodness.

I always get really sad when dubs cut down or remove the OP/EDs for licensing reasons or whatever it can be. Like Space Dandy. Have not seen many episodes, but both OP and ED are impeccable. Especially the ED which, while at first not appearing to fit theme theme of the show, both seems to carry significance to the show's setting and happens to be performed by Yakushimaru Etsuko which immediately makes it top tier. Meanwhile the Toonami version gets your typical instrumental music over montages.

...Not that I watch Toonami or even have it in my country to my knowledge. Just a darn shame.

Years
    FLCL sure made up for that with Pillows goodness.

I always get really sad when dubs cut down or remove the OP/EDs for licensing reasons or whatever it can be. Like Space Dandy. Have not seen many episodes, but both OP and ED are impeccable. Especially the ED which, while at first not appearing to fit theme theme of the show, both seems to carry significance to the show's setting and happens to be performed by Yakushimaru Etsuko which immediately makes it top tier. Meanwhile the Toonami version gets your typical instrumental music over montages.

...Not that I watch Toonami or even have it in my country to my knowledge. Just a darn shame.

Toonami trims 'em because they have to make room for more commercials as well as both their bumps and Adult Swim's bumps. Most non-children's anime retain their OPs and EDs these days.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Though, to be fair, Toonami in its prime tried to make up for the lack of openings (they generally kept the endings, though, possibly with edits) with some really snappy preview songs. Back then was still basically the time when Japanese openings were nonos- well, that's still a thing, but in regards to anime targeted at older audiences. Though, with that in mind, it was always a treat in the rare occasion where they'd show something like a Dragon Ball Z movie or a strangely unedited episode of Yu Yu Hakusho where they kept the theme song.

Ah, Weekday Toonami. Good times.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    Like, you can set up a torrent to download an entire series, and set the priority to high for the first few episodes. Then you can watch indefinitely after ten minutes.

Even if your internet's all throttled up by Netflix like mine is, torrents are still pretty fast.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    I'd say space is a bigger menace than time. Especially when you're like me and want the best available quality when you watch an animu.

There's a site for that, but it hurts to have to make the choices between FLAC, 10-bit, 8-bit, and Dual-Audio. Worse when you're like me and you're a gamer that's already hampered by the number of games on your drive.

I've gotten better about deleting my anime and games, but there was a time when I was barely managing to keep my 2 TB from being full. I still have nightmares.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I'd say space is a bigger menace than time. Especially when you're like me and want the best available quality when you watch an animu.

There's a site for that, but it hurts to have to make the choices between FLAC, 10-bit, 8-bit, and Dual-Audio. Worse when you're like me and you're a gamer that's already hampered by the number of games on your drive.

I've gotten better about deleting my anime and games, but there was a time when I was barely managing to keep my 2 TB from being full. I still have nightmares.
    ugh tell me about it. I have 1.5TB for myself here. 1TB external and 500GB on my laptop. I'm barely scraping by with that amount of space. My external HDD is full of anime while my laptop is 60% games and 40% anime. And making space for any new addition drives me crazy. :(

Looking for stuff to delete and make space for my Metal Gear Solid V - The Phantom Pain was a pain in the ass. Same for the one I installed yesterday - FFXIII. I didn't delete anime, though. If made to make a choice, I'd rather delete games.

It hurts either way. :(

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
    But that's too time consuming.

Real anime fans use RSS feeds to automate downloads ok? search it up and you'l find what a joy it is to set it up and then forget downloading manually.

I realize that streaming anime still isn't a complete solution if you wanted to watch every anime legally say, if you are on premium on CR but funimation got the rights to a show you wanted to watch. It's not likely you'd purchase both just for the sake of completion. so perhaps fansubs will still be around in the future if this gap exists (if you tried to go fully legal)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back