• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen UK event!? Woolworths! DARKRAI!!

burningfoot

Prepare Yourself!
    Years
    My only chance is Liverpool. I must get there at all costs! How convenient it is that I will be in St Helens that day. But they could have put some in places where more people want like say Nottingham and Lancaster.

So, it's English language versions. That's good, my Diamond's American.

Does anyone know if there's anything like this planned in Sweden?
    Lucky brits

We get it because we invented one of the most spoken languages on Earth and we used to have the greatest Empire. Plus it's called GREAT Britain. So we deserve lots.

mikeallen123

lucario no1 fan :)
    Years
    2 in Scotland that is offensive
    and none in the north
    i wish i still live in Portsmouth i live 5 minutes away from were it was

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Woohoo!! An event in England finally:D! But...I'm living in a town nowhere near the events. oh well, I guess I'll just have to travel 3 hours to Bromley. The only event i have ever had near me able to get to is Manaphy. But I supose that is all part of the fun. I won't be one of the first fifty in though.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Guess that's your loss. I drove 3 hours for the JAA events, 1.5 hours for the gamestop tourny, and all the TRU events are 1 hour away. the showdown tourny in orlando is 6 hours from me, that will make the farthest i've driven for an event.

We're not used to driving for so long to get to places in the UK :) Usually about a 10/15 min drive to get to shops, only takes me a 15 min walk to get to my nearest supermarket. Longest I've been in a car is about 1 1/2 hours and that was when I was going on holiday o.O

That made me laugh so hard!

Is Stockton on Tees a real place then? I thought it was just a typo they had made haha.

Thanks Jorah but theres none in Wales not even Cardiff/Swansea
    Nooooooo! lol

EDIT- Just saw Newport but to far!

So that's 1 in Wales, 2 in Scotland and the rest in England? Wow, that's really not fair.

How annoying that my brother's didn't inform me of this! :O I feel mighty offended!

I'll be going to the Bristol one also - nice to see another Bristolian :D Although the change of place is annoying; I'll have to find another way to get there. At least I can go! x]

Woah, a goodie bag! I'll have to be there early xD But a Pokémon goodie bag would be accce imo. :]

Cool! I'm not even sure if I'm going to be able to get there (it's by the Tesco's with the escalators, right? XD) but my brother says buses go there

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    Buses should go there; after all, buses go almost everywhere here.
    And yeah, the one with the escalators :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2008
    Finally found some people as excited as I am! Anyway, I haven't been to one of these before, what are the numbers generally like? I am looking at camping outisde to be the first 50? or an hour before, just as it opens?

Advice would be appreciated! I shall see anyone who goes to the Liverpool one then probably! Unless I decide to go to the Hanley one, I'm thinking more people will be at the Liverpool one since it's a Sunday.

Advice appreciated

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    If I go, I might bring my camera along to take pics of the event if there's anything interesting (maybe one of the staff will have their face painted? XD)

Finally found some people as excited as I am! Anyway, I haven't been to one of these before, what are the numbers generally like? I am looking at camping outisde to be the first 50? or an hour before, just as it opens?

Advice would be appreciated! I shall see anyone who goes to the Liverpool one then probably! Unless I decide to go to the Hanley one, I'm thinking more people will be at the Liverpool one since it's a Sunday.

Advice appreciated

Last time I went to one (and the very first time, the 10th anniversary) it as mainly loads of little kids...haha. I didn't know where to line up so I ended up cutting the queue (unintentionally) and didn't have to wait behind the 15 or so kiddies. I wouldn't have thought there would be *loads* of people, but you never know. I wouldn't have thought you'd have to wait ages outiside to have a chance of getting your giftbag, I suppose just turn up when the shop opens. But I don't know, when I went last time it was about midday.

Buses should go there; after all, buses go almost everywhere here.
    And yeah, the one with the escalators :P

My brother says the 36 could get there...haha, everyone knows the Tesco with the escalators XD

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    I feel sorry for you guys having to travel for hours to get to one of the places. I guess I'm lucky then I don't need to go anywhere, it's only minutes away from me.

Last edited:
    Years
    We are not ignored!! There's gonna be Pokemon events around the UK to get Darkrai!! Woohoo! Well, excecpt Ireland. So I suppose I should say Britiain. It says you must have an ENGLISH version of the game.

https://www.woolworths.co.uk/web/jsp/browse/index.jsp?cat=cat1006744

Dates and locations

https://www.woolworths.co.uk/web/jsp/browse/index.jsp?cat=cat1006754

From the 6th-31st August

6th - Edinburugh
    7th - Glasgow
    8th - Newcastle
    9th - Stockton on Tees (?)
    10th - Liverpool
    12th - Hanley
    14th - Chesterfield
    15th - Staines
    16th - Milton Keynes
    17th - Norwhich
    20th - Exeter
    21st - Bristol
    22nd - Gloucester
    23rd - Newport
    24th - Swindon
    27th - Bromley
    28th - Bexleyheath
    29th - Beckton
    30th - Basingstoke
    31st - Portsmouth

I'm going to the Bristol event!! I'm not quite sure how I'm going to get to Hartcliffe though. Why isn't it in the Mall like it was before? Oh well. Haha I'm really excited now

At certain stores there will also be face paints (may as well XD not sure if I want to if I take the bus o.O), "Battle the Pokemon Trainer" and Pokemon Battle Revolution and Ranch

The first 50 in the store will get a Pokemon goodie bag! XD
    https://www.woolworths.co.uk/web/jsp/browse/index.jsp?cat=cat1006753
    Well, the UK nor US gets anything good like Japan does. Platinum, Ranger 2, Movie 11, need I say more? They screw everyone BUT Japan.
    Aw man, I don't live anywhere near any of them cities! :( Curse me living in the tiniest village ever!

I've never been to an event before, are you guarenteed to get a Darkrai when you go? Like, do they have a limited amount or anything?
    Well if you can't make it, I have a TRU Bold Darkrai, but you would need something good, as I'm not TOO interested in giving it up, but if you don't have one after these events pass, you could fork over something good and get a TRU Bold Darkrai! Offer unavailable in stores! :P

Becky_x

Looking for a shiny Bellossom
    Years
    Well, the UK nor US gets anything good like Japan does. Platinum, Ranger 2, Movie 11, need I say more? They screw everyone BUT Japan.

Well if you can't make it, I have a TRU Bold Darkrai, but you would need something good, as I'm not TOO interested in giving it up, but if you don't have one after these events pass, you could fork over something good and get a TRU Bold Darkrai! Offer unavailable in stores! :P

Hehe :) Thanks for the offer, I'm gonna beg my Mum for the next month and see what she says nearer the date. Lord knows I don't have the knack for getting really rare type Pokes that everyone wants but I'll keep that in mind :P

Years
    well I guess you read it before i needed to PM it! oops... Well it sucks to be the UK seeing how the shaymin event ain't till over 1 year... USA only has 10 months! WE'RE ALL SCREWED! SCREW JAPAN! Anyone else agree that its bullcrap that japan always gets EVERYTHING before us?

Guitar God in Training

Glam Metal Rules
    Years
    Just realized it's impossible for me to get it.

I can't go to Liverpool because I will be near Norwich on the 10th of August but I can't get it from Norwich because I'll be back before the 17th. Just my luck.

ѕℓσωвяσ

PK Rockin' ★☆
    Years
    I don't live near any of those places. That sucks. ;-; I might try and go the the MB one. But I'm not sure if I'll be able to go that day.

Back