• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen UK event!? Woolworths! DARKRAI!!

KurosakiKun

Shoop da whoop!
Years
  • The Bexleyheath one was alright. I walked in and was like ''Oh ****', kid fest, with a side platter of emo!'', but I met some pretty cool people. I managed to get two Darkrais, (one with my litter sister's Diamond) and incase you're wondering it's one per cart. Beleive me - I treid - the DS gloats ''you have already received this mystery gift', so yeah.

We union-roomed, battled, the usual. I had a go on PBR too. Had a laugh with the battle the trainer guy dressed as Ash (his name was David I think), but I couldn't battle him as I only had a level 50 team on me at the time.

If anyone went, I was the kid with a red top, jeans, white trainers and a pouch over my shoulder. Overall, nice Birthday present, as my 15 birthday was yesterday. :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2009
    lol

only just looked through this thread (new to forums)i got darkrai from gts.i saw it by having a battle with my japanese friend. (so he would get it first)i just went for the goody bag :plolhavent opened it yethope i dont find mouldy sweets

PKDante

Mr Legs
    Years
  • I went to the Chesterfield event, to get my Darkrai.

The Dave guy was cool, I gave him some tips on how to make his team better so he could beat more people as the tour went on that seemed to make him happy!

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
  • Where do you find out where in AMerica there are going to be events? I've looked some places, but I couldn't find any dates.

There usually advertised on most popular Pokemon websites. The key is to just keep checking back. :D

Also I have had my one Darkrai for a week now as I got one from last weeks event in Glucester. I have just realized I have a Timid Darkrai. Never reset either. I checked Smogon and apparently a Timid is a good Darkrai. :D

Kryssi

I think I'm decomposing!
    Years
  • Oh Jeebus, I didn't even know about this event... I only thought they held events like this in the States.... I could've gone to the Milton Keynes one if I'd have known sooner.

Years
  • I went to the Chesterfield event, to get my Darkrai.

The Dave guy was cool, I gave him some tips on how to make his team better so he could beat more people as the tour went on that seemed to make him happy!
    I went to the Chesterfield one, and didn't see any nutters dressed as Ash. What time were you there? I was pretty late, and there were only about 10 people when I got there.

balthamos

Eeveephile, nom nom!
    Years
  • Well anyone going to the last event in portsmouth? :3 Im going tommorow! I cant wait X3;;
    im going an hour early cause I want some freebies <_<

Taking my shaymin plushie XD

PKDante

Mr Legs
    Years
  • I went to the Chesterfield one, and didn't see any nutters dressed as Ash. What time were you there? I was pretty late, and there were only about 10 people when I got there.

I was there til the end of the event, so you probably saw me, Dave wasn't dressed as Ash that day so you probably wouldn't have recognised him.

Did you hang around, or just come in, download Darkrai and go?

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    The Bexleyheath one was alright. I walked in and was like ''Oh ****', kid fest, with a side platter of emo!'', but I met some pretty cool people. I managed to get two Darkrais, (one with my litter sister's Diamond) and incase you're wondering it's one per cart. Beleive me - I treid - the DS gloats ''you have already received this mystery gift', so yeah.

We union-roomed, battled, the usual. I had a go on PBR too. Had a laugh with the battle the trainer guy dressed as Ash (his name was David I think), but I couldn't battle him as I only had a level 50 team on me at the time.

If anyone went, I was the kid with a red top, jeans, white trainers and a pouch over my shoulder. Overall, nice Birthday present, as my 15 birthday was yesterday. :D
    What time did you get there? I was at that one too… though only for five minutes xD

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Sweet, I get my own event on the 15th :P! (It's nice having a region of England with your last name.)

Well, it's good to see the UK finally get an event. I'm in the US, so I'm used to the event luxury... but now you can too :D! Now only if Canada can get more...

minh1022

Bleach Fan
    Years
  • Did anyone go to the Basingstoke Woolworths Darkrai event?

It was smaller than the others, but nonetheless, it was awesome! I didn't manage to get the goody bag, although I got a poster and played Mystery Dungeon 2 and Pearl.

Years
  • I was there til the end of the event, so you probably saw me, Dave wasn't dressed as Ash that day so you probably wouldn't have recognised him.

Did you hang around, or just come in, download Darkrai and go?

Just went in, and escaped to the pub pretty quickly.

We were pretty recognisable. Both early twenties, I have dreadlocks, and my mate is tall semi-Japanese. Smooth, and smartly dressed to boot.

balthamos

Eeveephile, nom nom!
    Years
  • Well I went to the portsmouth one! took some videos and met some really cool people. I went with my BFF And his gay friend and we met some irish fella =o
    They all got goodie bags and gave me the cards xD; I have two manaphy now ;3; so precious! It was really fun, one guy got a manpahy egg instead of Darkrai xDDD;
    had fun in general :3 left and stayed at a friends place, it was coool ^^

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
  • I'm surprised there isn't one bang right in the middle of London, right by a guy who'll nick the kids DS's.

Back