• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Ultimate games? Famitsu says…

Mitchman

Banned
Years
  • Yes that Nintendogs was bull but whatever we can't do anything. But as very strict scorers I have to agree with this score. Like how Dragon Quest IX deserves that perfect 40 this deserves the highest score for a Pokemon game.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I give it a ten without even playing it. The pre release info tells much. and I believe Famitsu gave Nitendogs a 40 because it was quite impressive when DS was new.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • Hmmmm 37, thats a pretty good score, but I would of thought it would have been sightly higher, at least 38, but they may not be as big pokemon supporters as us. But from other scores he has given, this sounds pretty good.

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
  • Not really definitive, but guess what Famitsu gave Pocket Monsters Heart Gold & Soul Silver?

37/40

Of a review pane of four people (as all Famitsu reviews are handled), it scored a 9, 10, 9, and 9. That's one point higher than Diamond and Pearl, actually (which had a perfect 9 across the board). A list of the review scores (thanks to the internet):
    Platinum: 36/40 (9, 9, 9, 9)
    Diamond and Pearl: 36/40 (9, 9, 9, 9)
    FireRed and LeafGreen: 32/40 (8, 8, 8, 8)

On a side note, Famitsu is known as one of the toughest, and most trusted game reviewers in Japan. (Though perhaps to give Nintendogs a perfect 10 across the board was a little much.)

What is the categories? like 9 for gameplay, 10 for sounds. idk.. :)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • What is the categories? like 9 for gameplay, 10 for sounds. idk.. :)
    He clearly states how each score is a score given by 4 reviewers. Whoever that 10 is I applaud him cause its so true. I mean its a beautiful game sound wise and graphic wise not to mention its gs in ds.

MAizHxC

HG FC: 3395 8610 0902
    Years
  • Not really definitive, but guess what Famitsu gave Pocket Monsters Heart Gold & Soul Silver?

37/40

Of a review pane of four people (as all Famitsu reviews are handled), it scored a 9, 10, 9, and 9. That's one point higher than Diamond and Pearl, actually (which had a perfect 9 across the board). A list of the review scores (thanks to the internet):
    Platinum: 36/40 (9, 9, 9, 9)
    Diamond and Pearl: 36/40 (9, 9, 9, 9)
    FireRed and LeafGreen: 32/40 (8, 8, 8, 8)

On a side note, Famitsu is known as one of the toughest, and most trusted game reviewers in Japan. (Though perhaps to give Nintendogs a perfect 10 across the board was a little much.)

How did you read the text on the Famitsu webpage? Its all in Japanese symbols. Did you use Google Translate?

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    A remake of R/B(FR/LG) with the DS graphics would be awesome
    Probably won't happen, but if they'll keep remaking some remake would come eventually in the next console(s). Plus, with HGSS's Kanto and probably a few more DS hack tools which might come in some years will give us a VERY easy opportunity to make it.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Hopefully I'll be agreeing with those scores when I get to finally play these games. I do have high hopes for it. :P

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • HeartGold and SoulSilver's rating is considerably high, which is a good foreshadowing of how well the game might be to players once released considering Famitsu is a pretty well known and trustworthy source when it comes to rating of the games. As for the rating of Nintendogs, its score really bases on different aspects considering age, effects, and all.

Good to know all together though, because for some it'll tell them whether the game will be worth purchasing or not. Nevertheless of its rating for me however, I would have still tested it myself seeing how well its been showing itself to be.

Kyo Wolf

HG/SS Kanto Lover
    Years
  • Woah, thats a real good score...makes me not wanna wait even more...T_T
    I'm so jealous of them getting it this early though! xD

But...they gave Nintendogs a perfect 10? Uhm...a bit suprising I should say. The game was good but...xD

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    That image of pallet town looks nice.
    I really wonder what made this game 1 point better then Diamond and Pearl and Platinum though.

Back