• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Ultimate games? Famitsu says…

CrashmanX

Mechamon
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 22, 2016
    Platinum: 36/40 (9, 9, 9, 9)
    Diamond and Pearl: 36/40 (9, 9, 9, 9)

Oh whut? IMO D/P/PT are the worst of the pokemon games, how did it get those scores? None-the-less, I think HG/SS Deserve the score it got simply because the Second gen games were the best with the ability to go back to Kanto and Fight the gym leaders again, gave you something to do after the Elite 4. Though I really wish Nintendo would take advantage of the WiFi ability and release things like Updates and such, ya know put it on a HUGE cart (Like 1+ GB or something) and release updates and Expansions of sorts as time goes on, though Sadly they wont do this.

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
    Years
  • More review snippets have come out, from the reviewers:
    The game's not due out until September 12 in Japan (and next spring in the US), but Famitsu reviewed it in this week's issue nonetheless, giving it three 9's and a 10 for a total score of 37 points. "I got addicted to the collecting, raising, and battle aspect," one reviewer wrote. "It reminded me of how well-made a game [the original] Gold/Silver was at its core. Being as universally known as it is, there are few surprises here, but the game is so exquisitely balanced that getting addicted is a natural process."
    Very little bad was said over all about the Gold/Silver update besides the old "no major surprises" chestnut. "The base story is the same as the original, but the way it feels couldn't be more different," another concluded. "There's a lot of newness among the nostalgia." Another agreed: "Pokemon has a kiddie image, but there's no reason adults can't get addicted."-- From 1UP.com
    Oh my, those are some rather exciting little hints they left in the review.......

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • It's always a good sign when a game garners more than a 35 in its Famitsu review...makes me want this game just a little more than I used to. ^_^

Kaisuki

Purplicious.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2009
    Wow, if they're that tough then this should be awesome.

Can't wait.

Years
  • This is making me looking forward to the game even more. I'm so jealous they get the game first but i'm glad they gave HG/SS a better score than Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.
    Spoiler:

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
    Years
  • Nintendogs is probably a great game, I am not denying that, but seeing as how I never have played it, and never well since the premise is entirely uninteresting to me, I will never be able to rightly say if the 40/40 is truly undeserved or not.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • This is good signs. I knew the games are going to be good. I just was hoping it wasn't because we are pokemon fans. Still cool to know. Can't wait for the US versions.

Years
  • Well, only one reviewer upping their opinion of HG/SS doesn't say much of the game as a whole. What I can get, though, is that HG/SS won't disappoint people who thought Platinum was good. Still, a good sign.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • The way Famitsu reviewed HG/SS makes me want to get it even more.

"It reminded me of how well-made a game [the original] Gold/Silver was at its core. Being as universally known as it is, there are few surprises here, but the game is so exquisitely balanced that getting addicted is a natural process." - this part especially. What I wanted from the game is exactly phrased in this quote.

Years
  • Yes that Nintendogs was bull but whatever we can't do anything. But as very strict scorers I have to agree with this score. Like how Dragon Quest IX deserves that perfect 40 this deserves the highest score for a Pokemon game.

Off Topic: Dragon Quest IX definitely deserved 40 :D

On topic: Considering that Famitsu is very harsh on their reviewing, I believe that HG/SS is receiving a very good response. Which, is a very good sign for how this game is going to turn out. The little snipet of hints are very intriguing. This may mean there's more surprises than we think. I can't wait for this game.

Years
  • What I can get, though, is that HG/SS won't disappoint people who thought Platinum was good. Still, a good sign.

Here's to hoping Move Tutors are the same. Platinum grossed out battling enough. Any changes this soon and I might need a slurpee.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • It makes me a little sad that one of them said there were few surprises, that kinda blew a little bit of it for me, but other than that I still can't wait for this game.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
  • Wow! I am now even more excited to play this game,
    I wish I was japanese Media! I should get to play the game early (I wont give the reason)

Back