• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
Years
id like to try a ghost type mono in pearl/heartgold but i dont know how to hack, can someone trade me something for a ghost type egg or something? Btw, i have a question. Could i beat the first gym with my starter and then use ghosts to do my mono so i could use wifi cause i only have one ds
Gastly's are still available in Sprout Tower on HG/SS, right? /attempting to be helpful

-----------------------------------------------------

ANYWAY, onto a quick update: I've beaten up everyone west of Lavendar and in the Rocket base in Celadon. Surprisingly, my fellow ground-type user was way too easy for me to beat; of course, it helps that he's got a couple of normal types and all of my Pokemon currently know a fighting-type move. (:
I've also beaten my rival in the Tower in Lavendar. Now, I'm battling the crazy people in the Tower. Oh, they make me laugh. (:

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 16, 2015
^ Yeah, Gastly's available in Sprout Tower. It doesn't learn any non-ghost damaging moves other than curse before level 22 (Sucker Punch), arguably Confuse Ray (Lv19) works too, but it's there.

Also, I'm pretty much done with Pokemon White, I think. Just got a quick question before I call this run over.

WARNING: Ending and Postgame Gen V spoilers ahead...
Spoiler:

I'll post my final update (for now) later today.

Sapeiro

Random Trainer
Years
Chapter 3: On Water and Lightning

Took up at the top of the Nugget Bridge. Trained Slash battling the trainers on the way to Bill's. Took out Misty after that. It wasn't that difficult.

Ground a little more on S.S. Anne, and the trainers East of Diglett Tunnel; then took on Lt. Surge; finally beating him on the third try, because of crithaxes all over the place with that annoying shockwave -_-''

Got to Rock Tunnel, captured a Voltorb to use as Flash Slave, called it a night.

Current Team:
:t015: Sting (Lv. 28, Sassy)
* Poison Sting.
* Twineedle.
* Fury Attack.
* Focus Energy.

:t030: Janis (Lv. 25, Naughty)
* Scratch
* Bite
* Water Pulse
* Double Kick

:t034: B.B.King (Lv. 25, Jolly)
* Peck
* Mega Punch
* Horn Attack
* Double Kick

:t069: Slash (Lv. 25, Lax)
* Vine Whip
* Growth
* Acid
* Sleep Powder

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
I'll do SS then with ghosts.

Username: Solarowl
In game name: Red
Sign me up! :D

Last edited:

dragonite149

I am not male
Years
Beating the Bugs...and Pink Things...and Ghosts!

School has been getting in my way...but my PWNsome Fire team have been beating lots of Gym Leaders. 3, in fact.
Beating the Bugs
Spoiler:

Beating the Pink Things...In GOLDenrod
Spoiler:

Beating the Ghosts
Spoiler:

tachikaze316

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 16, 2015
Finally done, I think...as usual, Gen V spoilers ahead.

Spoiler:

Roll Credits

Okay, strictly speaking, there's some more I *could* do, including something roughly equivalent of the Red battle in G/S/C/HG/SS, but this time there aren't 8 gyms to help with the pain of ~30 levels of grinding...so, is it over?

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Hmm...I'm not quite sure of the whole Black/White story yet, as I'm still playing through the game. I'm thinking that the end for the 5th Gen Monotype could be after you defeat the Elite Four the second time. If there's anyone here who does know the full plot of the games, your opinion would be appreciated. :D

Years
Time for me to get back into the Monotype Challenge, I'm gonna do the Ultimate Flying Monotype Challenge on Blue, Gold, Ruby, Pearl, and when I eventually get my hands on black or white i will use one of those to finish both this, and my old Ultimate Water Monotype.

Kanto Update #1
-Named myself Jacob (my real name) and my rival Edward (yeah, a twilight joke)
-Started with Charmander which I named Jorge
-Beat Edward's Squirtle
-Went to the Pokemart and got the parcel
-Got my Pokedex
-Headed north, leveling Jorge up to level 9 so it learned Ember before going into the Varidian Forest
-Metaphorically burned the forest down
-Jorge was level 12 going into Pewter Gym
-Caught a level 5 Pidgey...which after thinking about it, I decided not to use
-Jorge evolved into Charmeleon
-Caught a Level 8 Spearow
-Going through Mt. Moon
-Caught a Zubat. Not using it either.
-Got through Mt. Moon
-Beat Edward on the Nugget Bridge
-Thats all for the night
Current Team:
Spr_1b_005.png

Jorge the Charmeleon (Lvl 21)
-Scratch
-Ember
-Leer
-Mega Punch
Spr_1b_022.png

Fearow (Lvl 20)
-Peck
-Growl
-Leer
-Fury Attack

On a side note, I'm kinda upset Dratini is SOOOO much more expensive in blue than red... I don't wanna mess around in the safari zone.

Kularian

Talespinner
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 14, 2014
Okay. Started on my Johto journey on Crystal tonight, though I didn't get all that far, really.

Here are the quick highlight recaps:

Started out, naming myself Frosty as per the challenge.
Chatted with Elm, picked up Totodile since my rival having a grass pokemon worked pretty well last time.
Wandered all the way out to meet Mr. Pokemon, got the egg and the Pokedex.
On my way out, got a call from Elm. Looks like some **** went down.
Passing through Cherrygrove, some douche attacked me. I beat him, the doucher, and was on my way to Elm's.
Once I got there, apparently the kid that had attacked me also stole a pokemon from here. When they asked for his name, I gave him the best one I had: Douche.
Gave Elm the egg and got ahold of his assistant's balls.
Headed outside, and found a Swinub just chilling outside. Used Totodile to catch her, named her Tuski.
Banked Totodile and began to train up my new Swinub.
Got her to level ten and got Powder Snow; now it was showtime.
Beat Joey and Mikey, and then Wade. Got Joey and Wade's numbers, but Mikey was being whiny about losing.
While I was checking out Dark Cave, mom called and was upset I left without saying goodbye. I felt bad for a minute but shrugged it off.
About to go into Sprout Tower when Joey called for a rematch. Beat him and his damn Rattata again.
Went back to Sprout Tower and Powder Snow'd everything in sight.
Beat the Leader and got Flash. Tuski can't learn Flash, so I went back down to mess up Falkner.
Joey called again; went and beat his ass real quick.
Went in to the Flying Gym.
Punked everyone with Powder Snow, and got Mudslap, which works rather well with Swinub.
Headed through the Ruins of Alph, and put together in ten minutes the Kabuto puzzle that apparently archaeologists couldn't do in ten years to make the Unown appear.
Beat up some Unown.
Headed south from Azalea onto...some route. Beat some trainers, but I'm calling it a night. Camping under the stars with Tuski.

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
Years
Another quick update: defeated all the Mediums and their crazy in the Tower. Calmed the Ghost of Cubone's mother and defeated the Rockets harassing Mr. Fuji. Got the Pokeflute and failed to capture the Snorlax blocking the path to Cycling Road. Now training on Cycling Road.

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2010
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Anyway, I am up to the 8th gym in Platinum, which is an electric type gym. It's gonna be hard with my Flying type team!

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Finally a got a short updated. I got a new team members and some pokémon evolved. I beated team rocket, the fighting dojo, Erika, Lt. surge, Silph. co, my rival and the pokémon tower. I'm now in front of Sabrina's Gym.

Jungle the Venusaur
Lv. 37, Quiet nature
- Tackle
- Sleep powder
- Leech seed
- Razor leaf

I like this thing, I owned Gary's Charizard with Sleepseed and Tackle.

Missile the Beedril
Lv. 37, Jolly nature
- Aerial ace
- Brick break
- Twineelde
- Pursuit

Read his name and you now everything. It hits like a truck and destroys every pokémon it sees very nice guy

Rina the Nidoqueen
Lv. 38, Careful nature
- Bite
- Body slam
- Dig
- Double kick

This is a cool one to. Body slam and Dig rapes everything it don't resists

Anaconda the Arbok
Lv. 37, Quiet nature
- Screech
- Glare
- Poison sting
- Bite

Mwah not very strong bad moves. But glare is very cool it can put of some Paraflinch

King boo the Hauntar
lv. 37, Rash nature
- Shadow punch
- Confuse ray
- Giga drain
- Night shade

Why is'nst Ghost Special! The only real strong move is Giga drain.

Arnold

...?
Years
Update for now.

:t220: - Lv. 31 - Strength, Powder Snow, Endure, Mud-Slap
:t131: - Lv. 41 - Surf, Body Slam, Ice Beam, Confuse Ray
:t215: - Lv. 40 - Ice Punch, Faint Attack, Iron Tail, Fury Swipes
:t225: - Lv. 40 - Icy Wind, Fly, Headbutt, Present
:t157: - Lv. 51 - Flame Wheel, Thunderpunch, Dig, Strength
:t245: - Lv. 40 - Surf, Waterfall, Whirlpool, Cut

Okay, I exchanged Typhlosion with a previously caught Jynx and grinded Swinub until he evolved into a Piloswine. Eventually I got out of Ice Path and ended up grinding everyone to level 41. I later defeated Clair and did the Dragon's Den challenge and fought trainers back to Littleroot. I took my first step onto Kanto and defeated everyone there. Defeated Rival (???) and prepared for the Elite Four. Defeated Will, Koga, Bruno, Karen, and Lance successfully. Became the Champion and headed to the S.S. Anne for my quest in Kanto. My team is bad except for mostly Lapras, Jynx, and Piloswine but whatever.

:t225: - Lv. 43 - Icy Wind, Fly, Headbutt, Present
:t124: - Lv. 46 - Powder Snow, Ice Punch, Body Slam, Shadow Ball
:t131: - Lv. 45 - Surf, Ice Beam, Body Slam, Dragonbreath
:t215: - Lv. 45 - Ice Punch, Faint Attack, Iron Tail, Fury Attack
:t221: - Lv. 44 - Powder Snow, Strength, Earthquake, Rock Smash
:t245: - Lv. 40 - Surf, Waterfall, Whirlpool, Cut

Years
-Bgeat everyone in the northern routes
-Beat Misty with Fearow
-Only used Fearow on the way to, on the route east of Vermilion and on the SS Anne
-Used Jorge's Dig to destroy LT. Surge
-Caught a few guys to have 10 in the dex to get HM05
-Got my bike
-I was using Bellsporut for cut, but when i found he couldnt learned Flash, i opted for a farfetch'd for fly and cut, and my drowzee for flash
-Heading to Rock Tunnel
-Will go through Rock Tunnel tomorrow
Current Team
Spr_1b_005.png

Jorge the Charmeleon (Lvl 31)
-Seismic Toss
-Ember
-Dig
-Mega Punch
Spr_1b_022.png

Fearow (Lvl 32)
-Peck
-Growl
-Leer
-Fury Attack

HM Slaves
Spr_1b_083.png

Dux the Farfetch'd
-Cut
Spr_1b_096.png

Drowzee
-Flash

tachikaze316

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 16, 2015
Quick and fairly short update on my Pokemon White challenge:

Spoiler:

Yeah, next update'll probably take a while. I have a lot of grinding to do.

Years
-Made it through rock tunnel
-Went straight to Celadon
-Jorge evolved
-Beat Giovanni in the Rocket Base
-Taught FEarow some TM moves to replace Leer and Growl
-Beat Edward in the Pokemon Tower
-Scaled the Pokemon Tower
-Beat the Marowhak ghost and all the rockets
-Rescued Mr. Fuji and got a Pokeflute
-Beat both of the Snorlax
-Got a Super Rod
-Went down the Bike path to Fuschia
-Went into the Safari Zone, and 28 Safari Balls later caught a Dratini, level 15
-Picked up HM03 and HM04
-gave Dratini a Rare Candy

-Gonna grind Dratini tomorrow. Might be a prick and use thunder wave/wrap a la Lance in Pokemon Stadium

Current Team:
Spr_1b_006.png

Jorge the Charizard (Lvl 39)
-Strength
-Ember
-Dig
-Slash
Spr_1b_022.png

Fearow (Lvl 39)
-Drill Peck
-Double Edge
-Razor Wind (Why isn't this Flying type?)
-Fury Attack
Spr_1b_147.png

Dratini (Lvl 16)
-Wrap
-Thunder Wave
-Leer

HM Slaves
Farfetch'd: Cut, Fly
Drowzee: Flash

Not sure what i'm gonna teach Dratini. Thunderbolt and Ice Beam for sure. Not sure about the other two moves. Suggestions anyone?

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
I'm uploading Episode 3 now. After that's finished (which will be in over an hour, lol) I'll post the links for both Episode 2&3

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
Years
So, I beat up all the guys on Cycling Path. My team consisting of Geo the Graveler, Nido the Nidoking, and Ms. Nido the Nidoqueen is now all at level 41 and counting. I entered Fushia and decided to get my Surf HM from the Safari Zone, where I caught a couple more Pokemon to add to my Pokedex count, since so many cool items require certain Pokedex counts. I flew up to Saffron and decided to do some exploring in Silph Co. That's where I saved my adventure last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back