• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
Years
OWNED Lt Surge with Inomuu's Earthquake.
Beat Erika, Misty, and Sabrina. This is gonna be really fast. But Red wont be. I may need a lot of grinding.
Okay, beat Blaine, Janine, Brock, and Blue, but my pokemon are sorely underleveled. G-g-g-grinding time!
More to come!

Last edited:

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
Update
~Began my Johto Journey
~Picked Cyndiquil as my Starter
~did the basic delivery boy stuff
~fought my rival named him Trey
~PokeWalker'd a Paras and a Venonat and boxed Cyndaquil
~Trained Paras (Ando) and Venonat(Hiro) in the sprout tower
~Beat all the Sages in the Sprout tower obtained tm 70 Flash
~Currently Grinding to beat Faulkner.

46.png

Ando Lv.12
Scratch
Poison Powder
Stun Spore
Leech Life

48.png

Hiro Lv.09
Tackle
Disable
Supersonic
foresight

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2013
Pokemon Heart Gold Mono Ground (Huge long update)
The Zepher Saga!
-Trained Lucy (Phanpy).
-Crushed the vines of bellsporut tower and got TM70 Flash
-Faced the gym trainers of Violet city
-Faced Flanker
Lucy vs Pidgey: One take down.
Lucy vs Pidgeotto: One take down and a tackle
1st badge oetained

*The hive saga!
-When to the Union cave and caught a Sandshrew and nicknamed her Lola.
-Faced Team rocket at Slowpoke well
-Trained Lucy and Lola via gym trainers and wild Pokemon
Vs bugsy!
bugsy first sent out his scyther and U turned away to his Metapod, Lola used defence curl! Lola kept on defending herself from Metapod's tackles! She then scratched it to death! bugsy then sent out his Scyther again then it U-turned to his Kakuna, Lola shoot posion stings at it but it didn't to much damage to it...Lola then scrated it till it died! bugsy then sentout his scyther again! I swtiched out Lola before it could attack her and sent out Lucy to take the U turn! Lucy then rolled into it for revenge! Getting me the Hive badge!
2nd badge obtined!

The Plain Saga!
-Faced my Rival long story short:Lucy turned into a rolling mill! =D
-Got HM01 Cut
-Taught Lucy Headbutt!
-Arrived at Goldrenrod!
-Caught a Nidoran and called him Lennie
-Trained Lennie untill he evoloved into Nidorino!
-Faced the gym trainers!
Vs Whitly
Whitly sent out her silly fairy and I sent out Lennie, Lennie kicked the fariy twice but the stupid fairy made Lennie feel in love! NOOO!!!! Lennie was in love and had a chance of not kicking his lover, but he did and Lennie fail out of love yay! Then came the cow of nightmares! The cow that many a boy ragequit over! The cow stomped on Lennie wanting to kill him! He lived! Lennie kicked the cow twice trying to burst her udders but failed sadly! Lennie was switched for Totoslave then the cow started the dreaded rollout combo of doom! 2 hits killed the slave. then Lucy was sent out and took the cow's attacklike a pro, the cow's roll missed and Lucy took it down with take down and frail getting me the Plain badge!
-Got the Squritlecan
Time to take out the tree!
Fog, strom and mineral sagas next!

Team Lucy Level 19 Lola Level 18 Lennie Level 18.

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
Years
I've started to realise that I need to speed up a little if I'm going to complete the Ultimate Bug Mono-type before Christmas (I take my time), so I'm going to speed up a little!

Ultimate Bug Mono-type #2 – Firefight
Spoiler:

Current Team
12.png

Scarlet (Butterfree) Lv. 25
Tackle, SleepPowder, Whirlwind, Confusion
15.png

Deca (Beedrill) Lv. 25
Rage, TwinNeedle, FocusEnergy, FuryAttack
47.png

Phiona (Parasect) Lv. 25
Scratch, StunSpore, Dig, BulletSeed

Last edited:

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
I'll do an Ultimate bug, starting with Pokemon Red.

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
Years
My team for anyone that's interested.

Nyuura/Sneasel lv 54
gbs215.gif

Fury Cutter
Iron Tail
Dynamicpunch
Faint Attack
ownin' and ownin' never gets old. can ohko nearly anything with Iron Tail or Dynamicpunch (if it hits). Faint Attack is disappointingly weak, because it was still special.

Inomuu/Piloswine lv 54
gbs221.gif

Toxic
Powder Snow
Earthquake
Swagger
Toxic/Swagger takes out anybody, slowly, and Earthquake is overpowered as usual.

Laplace/Lapras lv 53
gbs131.gif

Surf
Perish Song
Ice Beam
Psychic
OHKOs everything. Literally. Well, maybe not the water types, but Psychic takes care of that.

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2013
The Fog saga!
-Faced and killed the rock tree
-Got to Euterk city
-Trained everyone to Level 25 Lola and Lucy evoloved
Faced Rival and won
-Defeated the grunt in the dance theater and got HM03 surf and caught it to the slave
-Faced the gym trainers
Vs Morty

Morty sent out a floating ball of gas, I sent out Lennie, Lennie had a new toy of the name of thunder, Lennie's thunder killed it in one shot! Morty then send out a floating head with to handsm it stabed itself with a sword to wound Lennie, Lennie then used Thunder to kill it, Lennie was hurt by the sword... Morty then sent out a ghost! Slave was sent out to heal Lennie, it died, Lennie used thunder as it look at Lennie meanly making him scared! Lennie paralyzed it!! The ghost then killed Lenie with two blobs of dark energy. Lola was sent out to kill the ghost! She tried the rollout combo but was put to sleep, the ghost kept on ambushing her with punches! Lola woke up and rolled into it 2 times killing it! Morty then sent out his last head with hands with stabed itself with a sword again and Lola rolled into it!
-Got the fog badge!
Next the Strom saga!

Team Lennie level 27
Lola level 27
Lucy level 27

Last edited:

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
Years
Update on my HGSS mono-poison challenge:
- I beat the Elite Four !!!

My hall of Fame team:
110.png

Weezing @ Zoom Lens - Lv 46
Rash - Levitate
- Sludge
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder
- Fire Blast

034.png

Nidoking @ Mystic Water - Lv 47
Bold - Poison Point
- Surf
- Shadow Claw
- Earth Power
- Double Kick

049.png

Venomoth @ Twistedspoon - Lv 47
Serious - Shield Dust
- Signal Beam
- Hyper Beam
- Psybeam
- Poison Powder

071.png

Victreebel @ Miracle Seed - Lv 47
Modest - Clorophyll
- Leaf Blade
- Sludge Bomb
- Leaf Storm
- Cut

015.png

Beedrill @ Poison Barb - Lv 49
Mild - Swarm
- U-turn
- Rock Smash
- Poison Jab
- Payback

024.png

Arbok @ Muscle Band - Lv 50
Jolly - Shed Skin
- Strenght
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Crunch

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
Years
well that's it. I beat Red.
Pikachu
Taken down after several of Inomuu's Earthquakes and Red spamming full restores.

Espeon
A few Iron Tails from Nyuura did the job here.

Snorlax
2 Dynamicpunches from Nyuura, with Snorlax luckily hitting himself twice.

Venusaur
Inomuu used Blizzard, and then was killed by Solarbeam. Laplace finished the job with an Ice Beam

Charizard
Went down after 2 Surfs from Laplace

Blastoise
Would have been the hardest, but it was red's last pokemon, so I just used Perish Song, then Laplace got trapped by whirlpool, so it was a mutual defeat. Only Nyuura was left alive. Also, all three pokemon had equal participation.

I wasn't expecting to easily beat red with only 3 lv 56 pokemon. And I only used 2 full restores, and no revives! Yeah, I'm good.

My team:
Nyuura/Sneasel lv 56
gbs215.gif

Fury Cutter
Iron Tail
Dynamicpunch
Faint Attack
Was good vs Red. Dealt heavy hits to Espeon and Snorlax, and didn't even faint. Very surprising.

Inomuu/Piloswine lv 56
gbs221.gif

Toxic
Blizzard
Earthquake
Swagger
It just used Earthquake vs Pikachu, and damaged Venusaur largely.

Laplace/Lapras lv 56
gbs131.gif

Surf
Perish Song
Ice Beam
Psychic
Picked up after Inomuu for Venusaur, and owned Charizard. Also, that last Perish Song against Blastoise was epic.

On to Hoenn, where I will start off with a hacked-in Delibird. I know, I'm so bad.

Last edited:

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 16, 2015
-Got HM07
-Headed through victory road
-Flew back to Pastoria to teach Hammer Magnet Rise
-Pre-Elite 4

Team:
Spoiler:

Showtime!

Vs. Aaron
Spoiler:

-Healed up, swapped Prinny's NeverMeltIce for a Miracle Seed and headed to the next room

Vs. Bertha
Spoiler:

-Briefly wondered why a woman who's signature move is massive seismic activity is standing pretty much directly under a large protruding rock...then healed everyone except Trashy, saved and headed to the next room

Vs. Flint
Spoiler:

-Healed up and headed out

Vs. Lucian
Spoiler:

Healed up, swapped Hammer's Rock Incense for a Sitrus Berry, headed out...

Vs Cynthia
Spoiler:

Victoryismine-1.jpg

Victory is mine! (Only after uploading this did I notice Lucky is pretty much blocked out of the image...fitting really)

Sure I used way too many items again, but my highest level going in to the E4 was 49, now Hammer's lv51, Aaron has higher levels than that...

MVP: Probably Hammer, early on he was pretty damn useless, but he really came through during the Elite Four, even though every one of them had something that could hit one of his 4X weaknesses.

LVP: Lucky, I'm sure if I had actually done the pre-E4 grinding I was meaning to he would've been able to hit something...unfortunately as I'm a lazy git he was just a defensively weak speedbump.

Next time! Back to Isshu.

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
Years
Sign me up for the Fighting type challenge for Isshu! I am going to tear stuff up with my favorite type of all time!

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2013
Sign me up for the Fighting type challenge for Isshu! I am going to tear stuff up with my favorite type of all time!
I think you have to do Kanto, Johto, Heoen and Shino before Isshu...

The Strom and Minaral saga!
-Got to Olivine city
-When to the lighthouse and was told by Jasmine to get some medience from Cainwood town
-Surfed to Cainwood
-Trained everyone to level 38
-Faced Esuine
-Got the sercetpotion
-Faced the gym trainers
-Vs Chuckie
Chuckie sent out an angry pig monkey and I sent out Lucy, it made copies of itself to make it harder to hit but Lucy charged into to it note quite knocking it out... It was healed and Lucy tried again but she hit the copies! it tried to use a powerful punch but Lucy lckly charged into it before it could attack! It then made several landslides making Lucy flinch and lknocked her out... Lennie then took over and jabbed his horn into the monkey. Chuckie then sent out a tadpole thing and Lennie used thunder making it weak but it ate a berry healing it, it then slamed it's body into Lennie but Lennie used thunder again knocking it out.
-Got the strom badge!
-Got HM02
-Flew back to Olivine and gave Jasmine the sercetpotion
-Evoloved Lennie
Vs Jasmine

Jasmine sent out a eye with mini magnets, Lennie justed kicked it to death! Jasmine then sent out s metal snake! Lennie was switched for Lola who used sand tom whihc only done a small amount of damage... Lola then rolled into a ball and rolled into the snake 5 times casuing it to eat it's berry, Lola was then knicked out by it's hard tail, Lucy was sent out next to take this metal foe also rolling into it 5 times then charging into to it NEARLY making it faint! She then frailed about but didn't knock it out... She was knocked out by it's hard tail also... Lennie was sent ouyt and jabed the snake with his horn making it faint! Jasmine sent out her last magnet eye and Lennie kicked it to death earning us our 6th badge!
-Obtained the Mineral badge
Now off to get my 7th!

Team Lucy Level 40 Lennie Level 40 Lola Level 39

Last edited:
Years
Right now I'm playing a regular Mono Flying on Soul Silver as a part of my PUAP challenge. Not that far yet, so updates will follow later.

Oh, and I still haven't finished that Sinnoh part of my Dragon UMC? Daaaamn. I'll have to do that at some point.

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
Years
You wanna know how long the Silence Bridge and such is? It took almost twice as long to clear the route from Lavendar to Fushia than it did to slaughter two gyms and a psuedo-gym. At least everyone's starting to look BEASTLY, as if they weren't already.

After clearing this route, the mainland of Kanto is looking pretty boring. Now what? I know! Surf south from Pallet to Cinibar! Along the way, I beat up all the swimmers and fishers camped out along the route. I have now arrived in Cinibar. After reviving my fossils and placing the Pokemon into the PC, I turn my attention to tackling the Pokemon Mansion. This is where I left off.

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2013
Glaicer and Rocket Saga!

-Got to Monaghy town
-Killed the Red Gryados
-Defated Team Rocket and got a Diglet named Luna
-Trained Luna
-Faced the gym trainers
Vs Pryce
Lennie just owned him with thunder and a crited double kick ._.
-Flew back to Goldrenrod and faced Team rocket again and saved the day!
I'm now off to BlackThron

Team: Everyone is at Level 43

Last edited:

Sapeiro

Random Trainer
Years
Somewhere, a couple of days ago.

With Sabrina out of the way, it was time to head to Cinnabar Island, and kick Blaine's ass. The way was pretty much uneventful.
On Cinnabar, we destroyed everything in the Mansion, and got to Blaine's Gym. We answered every riddle correctly, but battled the trainers nonetheless. Experience is Experience.

The fight was the easiest so far, with HentaiDude OHKOing everything but the Arcanine, who was 2HKO'd.

Giovanni's Gym didn't pose much of a problem either, this time with Atlan's Razor Leaf cutting our way through his Pokémon's defenses, except the Nidos, that were obliterated by HentaiDude's Surf.

Time for the Pokémon League! Oh, noez! Derp wants to fight!
Derp's Sandslash: OHKO by HentaiDude's Surf.
Derp's Exeggcute: OHKO by Kali's Ice Beam.
Derp's Kadabra: OHKO by Therion's Thrash.
Derp's Cloyster: 2HKO by Therion's Rock Slide.
Derp's Magneton: OHKO by Therion's Earthquake.
Derp's Flareon: OHKO by Therion's Earthquake.

After that, we went Legendary Bird Hunting, OHKOing every one of them (Rock Sliding Articuno and Moltres, and Ice Beaming Zapdos). Victory Road was a breeze. I don't know how I remembered the way through, seeing that I haven't played these games since I was like... 10.

Now: Elite Four!
vs. Lorelei
Spoiler:

Healed up, and then...

vs. Bruno
Spoiler:

vs. Agatha
Spoiler:

vs. Lance
Spoiler:

I healed up, Ether-ed, Elixir-ed, and all that jazz.

vs. Derp!
Spoiler:

I AM THE CHAMPION!!!

Roster:
:t003: Atlan, Level 51. Take Down - Toxic - Leech Seed - Razor Leaf
:t031: Kali, Level 52. Body Slam - Ice Beam - Thunderbolt - Double Kick
:t034: Therion, Level 51. Thrash - Earthquake - Horn Drill - Rock Slide
:t093: Mind Fart, Level 51. Hypnosis - Confuse Ray - Explosion - Psychic
:t073: HentaiDude, Level 50. Double Edge - Hydro Pump - Wrap - Surf

Badge Case
boulder-badge.png
cascade-badge.png
thunder-badge.png
rainbow-badge.png
soul-badge.png
marsh-badge.png
volcano-badge.png
earth-badge.png

The date is 10, October 2010. The time is 18:05

HALL OF FAME
mwr6m0.png
2nm06x.png
2lj44ra.png
28wi9ev.png
znasde.png

Thoughts:

I was really disappointed by the Elite Four. I remembered them to be a LOT tougher, specially Lance. Still, I had a lot of fun remembering the old, good times.

MVP. I must say, that the happy couple (Therion and Kali) were the pillars of the team. Without them, many battles would have been a lot tougher.
LVP. I can't find anyone fitting this category. Every one of the team pulled it's weight when it was necessary, and I must say I'm quite happy with their performance.

Johto, here I come!

Years
  • Seen May 1, 2012
Normal Challenge

hey, am up for doing the Normal Single Challenge on Platinum :)
one question. since most Flying types are also normal, can they be used in this?
just in case it could be confused for a Flying based team

will be doing this on Emulator DesMuMe No$GBA
DesMuMe lagging bad

Last edited:
Years
Soul Silver - Mono Flying

Started with Totodile (future slave), got a Pidgey (I wanted Spearow, but none spawned on R46 for quite a while, so I changed my mind) and soloed everything until after Falkner with it.
After obtaining the badge, I caught a Hoppip and a Magikarp, saved and got distracted by a very interesting Civ4 level as Washington were a small but extremely militaristic Incan and his big, backwards Japanese friend caused me quite some trouble but in the end I prevailed by rolling the Incan over with hordes and hordes of Riflemen mercenaries and outteching Japan so much that he was no longer a threat. Oh wait, I'm going off-topic again.

Anyways, my team:
Spr_4h_187.png

Draugr lv. 14 @ /
Lax/Chlorophyll
Poisonpowder, Synthesis, Tail Whip, Tackle
Spr_4h_129_m.png

Jormungand lv.10 @/
Careful/Swift Swim
Splash

I also have a lv. 17 Pidgey (Durpburd) and a lv.9(?) Totodile (SLAVE) on the box, and the Togepi egg in the party.

Last edited:

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
Update
~Was able to beat Faulkner due to great luck on my part
~ received the Togepi egg and boxed it
~defeated the trainer to union cave
~evaded most hikers in The Cave as I would not be able to beat them that easy
~Defeated Team rocket Easily thanks to Hiro
~Defeated Bugsy It came down to Hiro and his Scyther in the red luckily I got a critical
~Defeated my rival thanks to Hiro's Confusion
~ traversed Ilex forest headbutiing trees along the way
~Arrived in Goldenrod realized Paras was female so I named her Yaeko
~Caught a Pinsir in the bug catching contest renamed it Peter
~About to start training for Whitney

Current Team :

48.png

Hiro Lv 19
Confusion
Tackle
Supersonic
Leech Life

46.png

Yaeko Lv 16
Scratch
Stun Spore
Poison Powder
Leech Life

127.png

Peter Lv 14
Focus Energy
Bind
Seismic Toss
Harden

204.png

Penny Lv 7
Tackle
Protect
Sefldestruct

214.png

Hera Lv 5
Tackle
Leer
Horn Attack
Endure

I need to grind a lot going to get everyone to Lv 25 before whitney.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
I would just like to let everyone know in advance, two parts of my Psychic Monotype challenge were skipped due to a fail by Hypercam. I will be sure not to save until I know the video recorded correctly from here on out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back