• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ataraxia

Wanderer
Years
  • Ugh... ok, well I got to Celadon City on the Ultimate Dragon but then I realised how 'un'-challenging this is and that I'm going to go through all the games with a maximum of three pokemon...

So I'm going to cancel my Dragon challenge and go for a Poison one on the same games... sorry about this... X(

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2013
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    Second, maybe third to last update...

Spoiler:

Next time, the final battle? Or is a 12-17 level gap too much for my awesomeness to overcome?

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2010
    I started a monotype water challenge today, and I'm about to start the petalburg woods. Is it too late to enter?

Years
  • I started a monotype water challenge today, and I'm about to start the petalburg woods. Is it too late to enter?

Nah, there is no time limit.

Just a tiny bit of progress on Platinum:

-Started game
    -Met my annoying rival (Xilfer)
    -Got Piplup (Tyr)
    -Beat Xilfer
    -Went to the lake, met Cyrus
    -Went to Sandgem Town, then to Jubilife City
    -Got the Poketch, Battled Rival
    -Caught Bibarel (HM Machine)
    -Battle through route 203
    -Stopped in the Cave

Current Pokemon
    Piplup (Tyr)
    Level: 15

Bibarel (HM Slave)
    Level: 4

Once again:
    1. In DPPt, Can you trade using the GTS?
    2. I've Completed the Johto water monotype, so add my name please.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2010
    Good. Can I get signed up for the monotype water challenge for pokemon sapphire?

Years
  • I finished Johto in my Ultimate Flying Monotype Challenge
    -Beat the Pokemon league fairly easily after level grinding to level 45
    -Beat Sabrina with Scyther
    -Beat Janine with Togetic
    -Beat Erika with Noctowl
    -Beat Misty with...everyone
    -Everyone is level 50 at this point
    -Beat Brock and Blaine with Gyarados
    -Beat Blue and LT. Surge with team efforts
    -With 16 badges in hand, all that's left to do is defeat Red
    -After grinding, i managed to defeated red.
    I regret not capturing the end screen with the emulator
    Final Team
    Spr_2g_164.png

Noctowl (lvl 53)
    -Confusion
    -Hypnosis
    -Take down
    -Fly
    Spr_2g_176.png

Togetic (lvl 53)
    -Shadow Ball
    -Psychic
    -Double Edge
    -Rollout
    Spr_2g_123.png

Scyther (lvl 60)
    -Slash
    -Fury Cutter
    -Swords Dance
    -Pursuit
    Spr_2g_130_s.png

Gyarados (lvl 60)
    -Surf
    -Strength
    -Icy Wind
    -Dragonbreath

HM Slaves
    Totodile: Cut, Surf, Whirlpool
    Psyduck: Flash, Waterfall, Rock Smash

Onto Hoenn!!!

Also I can Update my R/B/Y electric monotype Challenge
    -I beat all the trainers on the nugget bridge and on the way to Bill's house
    -Beat Misty really easily
    -Went to the SS Anne and beat my rival and got cut, which i taught to my bulbasaur
    -Skipping Lt. Surge so Pikachu doesn't hog all the EXP
    -Went to Rock Tunnel.
    -Lost to the first guy with the Cubone several times, but eventually pulled through
    -Got poisoned, so i had to leave, and it seemed i got an encounter every 3 steps. EXTREMLY ANNOYING
    -Also annoying are the Hikers, did my best to avoid them, but one is unavoidable. Saved in front of him. For now, I'm stuck here.
    Current Team
    Spr_1y_025.png

Pikachu (Lvl 31)
    -Thundershock
    -Mega Punch
    -Quick Attack
    -Thunderbolt

Last edited:

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2013
    Ok, I finished the Kanto part of the UMC Psychic. My team consisted of 5 pokemon and lots of training before the elite four. I had Starmie, Jynx, Mr. Mime (was a girl so I named Mrs. Mime), Kadabra, and Exegutor. My savior was defenitely Mrs. Mime.

tachikaze316

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    Spoiler:

Isshu Elite Four rematch, complete!

PureGoober

Minecrafter
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2014
    I will do this.
    I will go: FireRed, Shiny Gold X, then Emerald.
    If I choose too, later on I will do, HG then Diamond.

My type is.. Dark!

tachikaze316

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    Caution: The following spoiler contains spoilers relating to something which isn't actually the plot as far as I can tell of a 5th gen game...

Spoiler:

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Update on the Ruby Ground Mono-Type Challenge.
    Spoiler:

This game is taking longer than I thought lol. I have to say that although the Hoenn region is probably my least favorite region, it is by no means bad at all :D.

Last edited:

PureGoober

Minecrafter
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2014
    Ultimate Monotype Challenge, Dark!

Okay, so, this is what has been done.
    - Character named, Pescal
    - Rival named, Gato
    - Got starter pokemon, squirtle
    - Used advanced map to get my 6 pokemon in route 1
    - Got 6 masterballs to catch them with (Gameshark)
    - Got Pokeballs, and Pokedex.
    - Caught my 6 pokemon
    - Got the Teachy TV

Next time I update I shall be heading through Viridian Forest.

Team
    Spr_3r_215.png

Sneasel(F) / Cassidy
    Level 5
    Impish Nature
    Moves
    Scratch
    Leer
    Taunt

Spr_3r_318.png

Carvanha(M) / Butch
    Level 5
    Gentle Nature
    Moves
    Bite
    Leer

Spr_3r_302.png

Sableye(F) / Ramona
    Level 5
    Hardy Nature
    Moves
    Scratch
    Leer
    Foresight

Spr_3r_198.png

Murkrow(F) / CatWoman
    Level 5
    Sassy Nature
    Moves
    Peck

Spr_3r_228.png

Houndour(M) / Volcanus
    Level 5
    Gentle Nature
    Moves
    Ember
    Leer

Spr_3r_261.png

Poochyena(F) / Molly
    Level 5
    Adamant Nature
    Moves
    Tackle
    Howl

Years
  • I guess I can't use the same team on Fire Red anymore. Lord. I'll just use Sharpedo theen, since only 1 hacked Pokemon is all I can do..
    I'll be updating from the 6th gym up.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • Electric - Hoehn - Emerald
    Update:
    -grinded a ton with my electrike till it evolved
    -defeated mauville gym leader
    -traveled to fallarbor city and investigated team magma and team aqua
    -traveled to mt chimney and defeated team magma
    -reached lavaridge town
    -had some trouble getting to flannery but i beat her pretty easily with my superpowered manectric
    -traveled to petalburg and defeated the gym leader easily
    -got surf
    -went to new mauville
    -caught a magnemie and voltorb
    -headed to fortree city with some grinding along the way
    -defeated team aqua at the observatory
    -defeated may
    -reached fortree city and got the devon scope
    -defeated the gym leader
    -currently at fortree city getting ready to go to the safari zone so i can catch pikachu

Current team:

Ezra/Manectric lvl 38
    -spark
    -quick attack
    -howl
    -t wave

Electrode
    - spark
    -sonicboom
    -screech
    -t wave

Magneton
    -spark
    -sonicboom
    -supersonic
    -t wave

Ataraxia

Wanderer
    Years
  • Quick update after I just realised I haven't actually posted my progress... xD

Ok so...

- Went through the story etc etc until I finally got let off my leash in Viridian
    - Headed west and caught Nidoran male and Nidoran female
    - Trained them both to 11 and put Pikachu in the box
    - Thrashed rival (forgot what I called him)
    - Blazed through Viridian Forest
    - Double Kicked Brock to death, then headed to Mt Moon
    - Both Nidoran evolved into Nidorino and Nidorina in the same trainer battle on the way!
    - Blazed through Mt Moon, collecting a valuable Moon Stone (I just need another now...)
    - Emerged in Cerulean, took Pikachu out of the box and pumped him full of potions til the lady next to the Pokemon Center gave me the Bulbasaur
    - Headed north, beating rival along the way, and surprisingly found a Venonat in the grass! I've never found one there so I caught it.
    - Evolved Bulbasaur on the trainers, and saved outside Bill's house after helping him restore his humanity!

Will update this post with my team tomorrow, need sleep for now... xD

Years
  • The elite four on my steel UMC..

Sydney:

Sydney was easier than i anticipated. I started with chompers so i could take advantage of his fighting weakness. It took a while due to him using a full restore on his mightyena. I had to use a hyper potion once, but thats it. His next pokemon was sharpedo. I took it out with lodestones spark. Cacturne i used Rocket and took it with 2 shots of air slash. I had to turn to Chompers again for absol, and then finished his shrifty with Rocket.

Phoebe:

Phoebe was annoying. She started with her dusclops, and i started with chompers again. I used fake tears a few times and killed it with crunch. The she sent out her second dusclops, i got 1 fake tears on it, but then it used earthquake. I sent out Rocket and started using steel wing. It killed it with a few shots of ice beam, so i brought out my slaves and heal skarmory and finished the dusclops. Her next pokemon was bannete. I sent out mawile, 2 fake tears and it dies by crunch. For her sableye, i sent out dino. It got annoying with the whole attract thing, but i eventually killed it. And her last bannete died like the first.

Glacia:

Glacia was troublesome. I started with chompers for fire blast. I used fake tears 3 times, because her glalie used light screen. One fire blast killed it. Her next 2 sealos were OHKO'd by lodestone. Walrein killed everyone one my team at least once. In the end, lodestone killed it. And for her second glalie, 2 fake tears and a fireblast and its done.

Draco:

Draco was so much easier than i expected. I took out every one of his pokes with Dinos blizzard.

Steven:

Steven.. Was easy. He started with his skarmory, and i started with Lodestone. 2 sparks and it was done. Next was his Aggron. I countered with my aggron, who is surprisingly faster! I used 1 earthquake, died, sent out rocket, revived and healed dino, then finished it with an other earthquake. Next on his line up was Aramaldo. I used metal claw and killed it within a few shots. Claydol died by skarmory, eventually, and Cradily died by dino. His final pokemon was metagross. I sent out skarmory and just waited for him to use all of his earthquake pp. When that happend, i sent out Dino, and he was finished.

My hoenn journey for my Steel Ultimate Monotype Challengew is DONE! My least favorite gym was brawlys. It took way to much time.

My Final Team

Dino/Aggron

Level 52

-Take Down
    -Metal Claw
    -Blizzard
    -Earthquake

Dino was easily the MVP of this team. He started out weak, but that's only because he was freshly caught aron against brawly. But he became the soul of my team after that.

Chompers/Mawile

Level 48

-Fire Blast
    -Fake Tears
    -Crunch
    -Brick Break

Chompers useful in the begging, useless in the middle, and excellent in the end. She took out brawly by herself, basically, and took out the first 2 elites with ease. If i didn't teach her any moves, she would be useless.

Rocket/Skarmory

Level 49

-Air Cutter
    -Steel Wing
    -Spikes
    -Fly

Rocket was a great in this adventure. I didn't get the move set that i was wanting, but it was good enough. She helped lots with pokemon that had earthquake. If I didn't have her, have used up a lot more revives.

Lodestone/Magneton

Level 46

-Spark
    -Lock-On
    -Tri Attack
    -Thunder Wave

Lodestone was the LVP on the team. No because he was weak. Because there weren't many opportunities to use it. I wish there were. And I didn't get all the moves that i was hoping for.

Since i STILL don't have a gen. 4 game, I think i'll do dragon UMC next.. I think i'll get platinum very soon, so, when that happens, my Dragon UMC challenge will be on hiatus. I will do every UMC until i've done them all... possibly. I'll start my dragon on blue soon. I'm tired of playing right now.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Ruby Ground Mono-Type Challenge update. Pretty long one, as I am at the entrance to Victory Road.

Spoiler:

Elite Four, here we come! Prepare yourself!

P.S. Can someone comment on the userbars I made in my sig? I think they are pretty good, although there are some alignment issues.

P.S.S. Ataraxia, I just noticed that you don't mention what Pokemon you are using for your USC in your sig. I know it's Scizor, but only because I looked in the USC thread :D.

Last edited:

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2013
    Ruby Ground Mono-Type Challenge update. Pretty long one, as I am at the entrance to Victory Road.

Spoiler:

Elite Four, here we come! Prepare yourself!

P.S. Can someone comment on the userbars I made in my sig? I think they are pretty good, although there are some alignment issues.

P.S.S. Ataraxia, I just noticed that you don't mention what Pokemon you are using for your USC in your sig. I know it's Scizor, but only because I looked in the USC thread :D.

You're userbars in the sig are really cool! You should make some more for the R/S/E!

And does Swampert only know 3 moves?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back