• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I'm thinking of starting a Fire Monotype challenge, from FireRed, to HeartGold, to One of the 3rd gens to one of the 4th Gens. Maybe 5th Gen. Am I like, too late to join?

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
  • ^ no-ones is too late to join. Even next year (if this thread is still alive then)!
    On Topic:
    Just found a site that lets you play Pokemon games online. It's called playr.org, and I want to try a Blue Flying Monotype challenge on it. Gonna start with Charmander (duh).

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • You're userbars in the sig are really cool! You should make some more for the R/S/E!

And does Swampert only know 3 moves?

Oops, forgot to add Surf in there...thanks dude! I may do some more R/S/E ones, but it would take a while as I'm a Photoshop noob, lol. I think I will try and do a few. Really the only issue is getting the colors right... :S The solo one is obviously a custom one, though :D.

I'm thinking of starting a Fire Monotype challenge, from FireRed, to HeartGold, to One of the 3rd gens to one of the 4th Gens. Maybe 5th Gen. Am I like, too late to join?

It's never too late to join, this is an ongoing thing with no time limit. Just make sure you update your progress every once in a while so we know how it's going.

And now................Dun-Da-Da-Da!!!!

The Ruby Ground Mono-Type Challenge is now complete! I was getting ready to start Victory Road when last we met...read the spoiler tag for all the details! Pictures included! :D

Spoiler:

Next up, an Flying Ultimate Mono-Type Challenge! Dunno when I'll start, though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2013
    Pokmeon White update
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • started my dragon UMC on blue

Picked squirtle, my favorite pokemon, as my starter. After buying pokeballs, i hacked in Dragoon, the Dratini. Grinded him to level 10 and fought my rival. Ran through viridian forest and challenged brock. I died the first 2 times, but using leer a butt load of times, wrap killed it. I looked at dratinis move pool, and i realized how little damage i will be doing for a while..

Went to mt. moon, found water gun and taught it to dragoon and made it out with a useless hexil fossil.

Made it to misty's gym and died once. I killed her staryu right away, but had trouble against starmie. The second time, i took staryu out in a flash, paralyzed starmie, and wraped the crap out of it. In the end, i had 2 hp left.

Went to vermillion, got bike thingy, went through ss anne, caught a sandshrew, taught it slash, challenged Lt. Surge, and destroyed his whole team with slam.

Went straight past rock tunnel and into celladon. I bought a fresh water and got ice beam, and challenged erica. I 1 hitted everything except her victreebel.

I went to fuschia and got the golden strength and surf. I accidentally removed surf with bodyslam for dragoon..

I died against koga once, but the second time i killed him. He killed dragoon with self destruct, but i had my slaves alive still.

Saved silph co. When in sabrinas gym, Dragoon leveled up and evolved, now i have a hyper beaming dragonite! Sabrina died fairly fast.

Went to cinnabar from pallet, since its faster. Went through the annoying mansion. Found the key. Challenged and destroyed blaine.

Flew to viridian. Destroyed Giovanni. Easy. Glad i taught him surf.

Ran through victory road, bought a but load of revives, and challenged the elite 4!

Lorlie:

Lorlie was pretty easy. I died the first time, but i got a level up from it, so i challenged her again and won easy.

Bruno:

Bruno was nothing. I just used surf and hyper beams and they were done with one shot each.

Agatha:

Agatha gave me some trouble. Her gengars were the hardest things to kill, but the went down with surf.

Lance:

Lance was the easiest yet. Everything got one shot from either thunderbolt or ice beam.

Champion:

My rival was as easy as Lance. One shoted everything, even his alakazam, thanks to my handy-dandy hyper beam!

My Final Team

Dragoon/Dragonite

Level 66

-Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Hyper Beam

Obviously the MVP of this one. He one hitted everything. He made this game extremely easy.

I started the game at 10 somethin this morning, and played until now. The next game will be.. Silver, because i like the sprites better. I don't feel like playing right now, so i'll probably start tomorrow.

Years
  • Hoenn Update #1
    -Chose Treecko
    -Did all the early stuff, beat May ect.
    -Caught a Wingull
    -Caught a Wurmple that evolved into a Silcoon
    -On the way to Rustboro Silcoon evolved
    -leveled both my pokemon up to level 15
    Thats all for today, I'm exhausted.

Current Team
    Spr_3e_278.gif

Wingull (lvl 15)
    -Water Gun
    -Wing Attack
    -Growl
    -Supersonic
    Spr_3e_267.gif

Beautifly (lvl 15)
    -Tackle
    -Gust
    -Absorb
    -Poison Sting

Years
  • Ok, 3rd Edit. I found out, I cant switch between computers when playing so everything I wrote before is forgotten so all updates will have more detail in them except this one. I'll try remember it all. (I think I remembered it correctly)

-Name: Crackin
    -Rival: Nick
    -Chose Charmander
    -VS Rival
    --VS Squirtle: Scratch, Tail Whip, [<--], Scratch, Tackle [Critical], Potion, Tackle, Scratch [Critical], Squirtle Faints!
    -Go to Route 22
    -Grind to Level 16
    -VS Rival
    --VS Pidgey: Ember, Pidgey Faints!
    --VS Squirtle: Metal Claw, Tail Whip, Scratch, Tackle, Scratch, Squirtle Faints!
    -Destroy Viridian Forest
    --Pewter Gym: VS Brock
    ---VS Geodude: Metal Claw, Tackle, Metal Claw, Geodude Faints
    ---VS Onix: Metal Claw, Rock Tomb [Miss], Metal Claw, Rock Tomb, Metal Claw, Onix Faints
    -Boulder Badge earned!

My Team is;
    Spr_3f_005.png

Charmeleon [Flame] Lv19
    -Scratch
    -Growl
    -Ember
    -Metal Claw

Last edited:
    Years
  • Started my FireRed Water Monotype

-Named character Saria, Rival is Blue
    -Got Squirtle (Atlas)
    -Did the pokedex quest thing, Went to Viridian Forest, Atlas got poisoned to death
    -Went back to Viridian Forest, Stopped

Team:

Squirtle (Atlas)
    Level: 13
    Moves: Tackle
    Bubble
    Withdraw
    Watergun

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    I'm starting my very first ultimate monotype run today. I'll be tackling the Sinnoh region with Electric type Pokemon. First things first, let's go catch a Shinx.

Years
  • Continued from Pewter City to Cerulean!

-Started through the not-so-hard Mt. Moon
    -Obtained useless Helix Fossil! Dun-Du-Du-Dunnn!
    -Taught Mega Punch to Flame
    -VS Rival
    --VS Pidgeotto: Ember, Gust, Ember, Pidgeotto Faints!
    --VS Squirtle: Mega Punch, Squirtle Faints!
    --VS Abra: Scratch, Abra Faints!
    --VS Rattata: Mega Punch [Miss], Tail Whip, Mega Punch, Rattata Faints!
    -Destroyed the Path to Bill's House
    -Helped Bill and got my Ticket
    -Cerulean Gym: VS Misty
    --VS Staryu: Mega Punch, Staryu Faints!
    --VS Starmie: Mega Punch, Water Pulse, Mega Punch, Starmie Faints!
    -Obtained Cascade Badge!

My Team is;
    Spr_3f_005.png

Charmeleon [Flame] Lv31
    -Scratch
    -Mega Punch
    -Ember
    -Metal Claw

EDIT: Have Got Further In, Cerulean to Vermilion!

-Started on the SS Anne
    -VS Rival
    --VS Pidgeotto: Flamethrower, Pidgeotto Faints!
    --VS Wartortle: Wing Attack, Wartortle Faints!
    --VS Raticate: Brick Break, Raticate Faints!
    --VS Kadabra: Mega Punch, Kadabra Faints!
    -Left the SS Anne
    -Caught my New HM Slave: Meowth!
    -Vermilion Gym: VS Lt. Surge
    --VS Voltorb: Mega Punch, Voltorb Faints!
    --VS Pikachu: Brick Break, Pikachu Faints!
    --VS Raichu: Flamethrower, Raichu Faints!
    -Obtained the Thunder Badge!

My Team is;

Charizard [Flame] Lv38
    -Brick Break
    -Mega Punch
    -Flamethrower
    -Wing Attack

Meowth [HM Slave] Lv16
    -Scratch
    -Growl
    -Bite
    -Cut

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2016
    Can i do a Ground Ultimate Monotype Challenge plz

Username:queedol
    Order:Red>Crystal>Ruby>Diamond

Gonna try to catch a geodude as soon as possible :)

slight change of plan ive lost my copy of red so now its Leaf Green>Crystal>Ruby>Diamond

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2010
    Well, nobody seemed to notice my previous post asking if I could get signed up for the r/s/e water challenge (I'm using sapphire). So, I'm going to start posting my progress.

I'll start off by showing my current team:

Ocean, my azumarill at level 19. I got lucky and caught a marill with huge power on route 117. It knows tackle, defense curl, rollout (essentially my powerhouse move) and water gun.
    Monotype, my lombre at level 22. It knows astonish, fake out, absorb, and nature power.
    Zigzagoon, my hm slave, that I'm only mentioning for completeness.
    Tentacool, my level 17... Well, tentacool, obviously. It knows poison sting, supersonic, and constrict.
    Mudkipz, my starter and main powerhouse. Tackle for lack of anything better, mud shot for a ground move that has decent base power, and water gun for type coverage.

I'm training for wattson on the cycling road, which I should be able to sweep with marshtomp. Hopefully.

Last edited:
    Years
  • started my johto journey for my umc dragon challenge.

Picked totodile as starter, for challenge in the begging. Mafe it to mr. pokemons house and back. Hacked in a horsea. while grinding, i found my first shiny ever. I now have a pidgey whose name is SHINY!!!!. Brought Seahorse to level 10, then wen into sprout tower. died by the sages a couple of times, but i eventually killed them. Challenged falkner and destroyed him. I'm done for now.. since im sick, and the computer is hurting my eyes..

My Current Team...

Seahorse/Horsea

-Bubble
    -Smokescreen
    ---
    ---

Ataraxia

Wanderer
    Years
  • Ok... I now hate Firefox. I had an awesome post that I've been building for the last 3 hours (I'm not even kidding) and right when I was about to post FF decides to crash on me. Thanks a lot. -.-'

Suffice it to say I'm now at Lavender Town in my Poison UMC.

Nidoqueen - Level 30

Body Slam
    Poison Sting
    Thunderbolt
    Bubblebeam

Nidoking - Level 25

Horn Attack
    Poison Sting
    Thrash
    Double Kick

Ivysaur - Level 26

Body Slam
    Vine Whip
    Poison Powder
    Leech Seed

Venonat - Level 24

Tackle
    Confusion
    Poison Powder
    Supersonic

I don't trust pictures anymore. I think that's what may have killed my browser... anywho. There you have it. :S

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2018
    Alrighty, I have decided to do a Fighting type ultimate challenge on LG/SS/E/Pl

Wish me luck :D

Years
  • Just to let the folks in charge of this know, I'm currently working banners for the R/S/E Challenges, I'll post them once i've finished all 17. I've done 4 so far.

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Feb 19, 2013
    Uhhh..... not going to do this. Dropping out (sorry)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back