• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • While I've been home sick with the flu, I beat my G/S/C Fire Monotype Challenge. Speed button on Emulator made is really fast.
    PokemonGold.png

Do I have to type out everything?

Final Team
    Spr_2g_157.png

Typhlosion (lvl 55)
    @Charcoal
    -Flame Wheel
    -Earthquake
    -Rollout
    -Headbutt
    Spr_2g_126.png

Magmar (lvl 55)
    @Amulet Coin
    -Flamethrower
    -Thunder Punch
    -Dynamic Punch
    -Fire Punch
    Spr_2g_136.png

Flareon (lvl 56)
    @Quick Claw
    -Shadow Ball
    -Bite
    -Flamethrower
    -Quick Attack

Last edited:

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • AW man!
    this is getting to easy for me! i gotta get a tougher opponent, i hope Giovanni is what he's cut out to be!

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2011
    Ultimate Ground - Kanto - Update 3 (Final)

Elite four recap:

Lorelei:
    - Nidoking at level 54 won the gold medal in his taking down of Dewgong, Cloyster, Dewgong and Jynx. He badly damaged Lapras before going down.
    - Fortunately, Lapras' berry healed it just enough to keep Lorelei from using a potion on it and Nidoqueen took it down with a Superpower.

Bruno:
    - Both Onix fell to Nidoking's surf.
    - Marowak took out Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan without difficulty.
    - Sandslash took down Machamp after several rounds due to Bruno feeding it Full Restores.

Agatha:
    - Nidoqueen made liberal use of Bite taking down both Gengars and the Haunter.
    - Rhydon got some action defeating both Golbat and Arbok.

Lance:
    - Nidoking took down Gyarados, both Dragonair's, Aerodactyl and Dragonite with his Ice Beams.

Rival:
    - Rhydon shot down the Pidgeot.
    - Blastoise ravaged my team with Hydropumps until he THANKFULLY ran out of them. Once he was reduced to using Bite I revived Nidoking and took him down.
    - Exeggutor and Alakazam fell to Nidoking's Megahorn.
    - Arcanine and Rhydon fell to Sandslash's Earthquake.

VICTORY!

On to Johto!

The final Leaf-Green Ground Mono Team:

:t028: L.54 Razor the Jolly Sandslash
    Slash / Brick Break / Sand-Attack / Earthquake

Very useful and good all around attacker. Has a good physical moveset from TM's even if it doesn't learn a ground attack move on it's own. Will probably use Sandslash through any of the other games he's available in.

:t034: L.57 Kapow the Docile Nidoking
    Megahorn / Thunderbolt / Surf / Ice Beam

Absolutely my MVP. He has the highest special attack of my team and can learn the key special attack moves via TM that other ground types just can't access. Nidoking was the force that let me defeat the elite four. Especially Lorelei and Rival's Blastoise.

:t031: L.51 Minxie the Bashful Nidoqueen
    Bite / Body Slam / Shock Wave / Superpower

Was pretty strong in the earlier parts of the game but ended up becoming Nidoking's backup. Often if I needed to switch after Nidoking went down she would be my choice. While not as powerful as Nidoking, Nidoqueen filled some gaps for type moves that Nidoking didn't use. (Fight and Dark in particular).

:t051: L.50 Duchess the Adamant Dugtrio
    Rock Slide / Mud-Slap / Magnitude / Dig

In all honesty, felt like a total waste of a slot. I hardly made use of Dugtrio throughout the game execpt to level it up. While she was really fast, she lacked the defense and HP to take any kind of damage. The only action she saw during the elite four was when I swapped her in to take a fall while I gave Nidoking a Max Revive.

:t105: L.52 Cynthia the Lonely Marowak
    Bonemerang / Sandstorm / Headbutt / Hidden Power (Bug)

A very powerful sweeper. With a thick club and Bonemerang she could consistantly 1-shot pokemon at her level and above. I'd never used a Marowak before this run and I was blown away by that power. She also had the highest special defense of my team which allowed her to shrug off some of the powerful special attacks that would wipe out her team mates.

:t112: L.50 Aegis the Adamant Rhydon
    Rock Blast / Double-Edge / Horn Drill / Dig

Massive attack, defense and HP made Rhydon an excellant tank and physical attacker. He replaced Graveler on my team. I wanted to give him more showtime but his low special defense made him too risky to devote levels to for the Elite Four. He did some use against Rival, however.

Years
  • its been a while since i updated this one, since i haven't made THAT much progress in a single sitting with this one, so some of this info is a few days old
    -beat Wake. Drifblim did most of it, but Gliscor ko'd Quagsire
    -chased the grunt and got the secret potion from Cynthia
    -Healed the Psyducks and also bought some moomoo milk
    -Headed north and found TM30, sweet!
    -Beat Cyrus in Solaceon
    -Got HM03, which i taught to Finneon
    -Stopped by the valley windworks and picked up TM24
    -Went to Iron Island to train. upon leaving everyone was level 40
    -Beat Byron
    -Listened to Rowan's lecture
    -Before heading to Lake Valor, once again employed the move tutor, teachring Gliscor Fire Fang to deal with those annoying steel/psychics, and to hopefully help with Candice.
    -Beat Saturn at Lake Valor
    -beat Mars at Lake Verity
    That's all for today's update.
    Current Team
    Spr_4p_398_m.png

Staraptor (lvl 41)
    -Fly
    -Close Combat
    -Aerial Ace
    -Steel Wing
    Spr_4p_416.png

Vespiquen (lvl 42)
    @Quick Claw
    -Heal Order
    -Defend Order
    -Attack Order
    -Power Gem
    Spr_4p_426.png

Drifblim (lvl 40)
    @Spell Tag
    -Ominous Wind
    -Shadow Ball
    -Baton Pass
    -Thunderbolt
    Spr_4p_472.png

Gliscor (lvl 42)
    @Earth Plate
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Fang
    -Fire Fang
    -Swords Dance

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
  • I've played LG for like 4 hours, now I'm in Cerulean, ready to take on Rock Tunnel!

As far as I'm now, the Gym battles were easier, except for the Brock one, it was a pain.

Ah, I've also decided to add Murkrow to my team, in exchange of Mew.

EDIT: Passed Rock Tunnel, defeated Trainers in Routes 8 and 10. Also completed Rocket Hideout, Pokèmon Tower and defeated Celadon Gym. Bought a Leaf Stone, and TMs Fire Blast, Iron Tail and Shadow Ball (last two from Game Corner).

197.png
    ~ Lv. 35 ~ Iron Tail, Faint Attack, Dig, Confuse Ray

229.png
    ~ Lv. 37 ~ Bite, Fire Blast, Secret Power, Smog

247.png
    ~ Lv. 36 ~ Bite, Rock Slide, Brick Break, Thrash

274.png
    ~ Lv. 37 ~ Fake Out, Faint Attack, Razor Wind, Nature Power

319.png
    ~ Lv. 35 ~ Bite, Crunch, Water Pulse, Slash

198.png
    ~ Lv. 36 ~ Shadow Ball, Thief, Faint Attack, Fly

Last edited:

Saiddun Uzkha

Obsessed and Proud!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    Ok, I've done a RBY Monotype ith Normal types on my other account (pleryt16), so if I do a Ultimate would I have to restart? Because I want to do an uktimate Normal challenge

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • HUGE FINAL update on Crystal portion of Ultimate Flying Monochallenge. Crystal is complete!

Blackthorn Gym → Red:

Spoiler:

The Hoenn region is up next on Emerald.

Team Fargo (Final):

Spr_2c_169.gif

Venom (Crobat, F) - L58 @ Metal Coat
    Moves: Fly, Confuse Ray, Bite, Steel Wing

Spr_2c_130_s.gif

Thrasher (Gyarados, M, Shiny) - L59 @ Mystic Water
    Moves: Thrash, Thunderbolt, Hyper Beam, Surf

Spr_2c_018.gif

Skylar (Pidgeot, M) - L58 @ Pink Bow
    Moves: Hyper Beam, Return, Quick Attack, Fly

Spr_2c_123.gif

Blade (Scyther, M) - L59 @ Leftovers
    Moves: Wing Attack, Steel Wing, Swords Dance, Fury Cutter
    Spr_2c_054.gif

Squeak (Psyduck, F) - L13 @ Psncureberry
    Moves: Strength, Whirlpool, Rock Smash, Waterfall
    Spr_2c_152.gif

Green (Chikorita, M) - L5 @ Gold Berry
    Moves: Tackle, Growl, Flash, Cut

Most Valuable Pokemon:

Johto MVP: Thrasher. Even though he was the latest addition, he was able to take on foes that the other three were just unable to, especially against Jasmine, and his good overall defensive stats allowed him to take hits the others couldn't. Thrash was the power move for him. Blade was a close second due to his showing against Whitney's Miltank and overall badassness.

Elite Four MVP: Thrasher. He was the only one able to take on Lance, and Surf was needed against Aerodactyl and Charizard.

Kanto MVP: Skylar. Return made him an essential part of my team. He was the one to beat Surge and also finished off Blue. His STAB Quick Attack enabled him to beat some foes even while paralyzed.

Red MVP: Venom. Confuse Ray and Steel Wing saved me and enabled Blade to set up for the final blow.

LVP: None. For a time in Johto, Skylar was weak after the first few gyms because his moveset was bad, and even after I got Fly, he wasn't able to take on as many Pokemon as the others. Venom had Confuse Ray and Bite, which made up for her relatively weaker defensive stats as Golbat, and after she evolved into Crobat, her speed was off the charts. Once Skylar got Return, though, he was one of my best Pokemon, especially in Kanto.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ok, im going to start an ULTIMATE mono type challenge and i shall pick POISON as my chosen type. Im goin to start my journey on POCKET MONSTERS GREEN (yes, in japanese) on ROM.

I will edit presently with the first update...

EDIT: firstly, i would be interested in a "shoddy" battle against someone after this is over? also, how do i gt the nice graphic to show which pokes im using into my posts?

Last edited:

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
  • Defeated TR in Silph Co.
    Defeated Karate Dojo (Hitmonlee chosen), Koga, Sabrina and Blaine.
    Now grinding in Sevii Islands.

PS: Nuzleaf was grinded from level 47 to level 49 with Rare Candies, to learn Extrasensory and evolve him quickly.

197.png
    ~ Lv. 47 ~ Iron Tail, Faint Attack, Dig, Psychic

198.png
    ~ Lv. 46 ~ Shadow Ball, Steel Wing, Faint Attack, Fly

229.png
    ~ Lv. 46 ~ Faint Attack, Fire Blast, Secret Power, Toxic

247.png
    ~ Lv. 48 ~ Crunch, Rock Slide, Brick Break, Strength

275.png
    ~ Lv. 49 ~ Swagger, Faint Attack, Extrasensory, Giga Drain

319.png
    ~ Lv. 48 ~ Surf, Crunch, Water Pulse, Skull Bash

Years
  • Ok, sorry to change my mind again, Im going to do the ULTIMATE CHALLENGE starting with POCKET MONSTER GREEN. but dont know what type to choose.

So you guys can choose for me! the first prson to answer this post with a type will be the one il follow (bear in mind im ROMing so no trade ins (so dont choose dragon!) and that im starting from the originals so no steel or dark.) thanks guys!

Last edited:

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • Zing! here are my pokemon:

Raichu: LVL 45
    Jolteon: LVL 42
    Voltorb: LVL 16 (Still in training)
    Mew: LVL 14 (HM slave)
    Wartortle: LVL 16 (IN BOX)

Edit: Follow water!!! (just for fun)

Saiddun Uzkha

Obsessed and Proud!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    Ok, sorry to change my mind again, Im going to do the ULTIMATE CHALLENGE starting with POCKET MONSTER GREEN. but dont know what type to choose.

So you guys can choose for me! the first prson to answer this post with a type will be the one il follow (bear in mind im ROMing so no trade ins (so dont choose dragon!) and that im starting from the originals so no steel or dark.) thanks guys!

How BOUT........

Spoiler:

Good choices in first gen

Years
  • HAHA, oh noes!

i thought someone might go for that actually! ok, Bug it is. Time to dig out my shorts, whicker hat and net and get catching!

off to bed now, will start playing tomorrow night and post some stuff up. Now how can i take sprite pictures from (for instance) a pokemon wiki and inbed them in a post. Do i have to host the picture speratly, or can i pop them straight in or what?

Saiddun Uzkha

Obsessed and Proud!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    OK, since noone answered me about my question, I'm just going to go ahead and start an ultimate with Normal, starting with Silver 'cause I already did Red.

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • After getting my Snag Machine back I went and found Mirror. B and snagged his Nosepass. I then went to the Chipper Key Lair and snagged Zook's Zangoose. I then continued in to the Lair where I snagged a bunch of Pokemon including a Pidgeotto. I am currently still in the Lair wondering when Golbat will evolve.
    Shadow Pokemon Snagged: 40, Purified: 28.
    166.png

Redian (Ledian) Lv41.
    Moves: Psybeam, Refresh, Aerial Ace, Supersonic.
    042.png

Nostenfer (Golbat) Lv41.
    Moves: Wing Attack, Confuse Ray, Air Cutter, Bite.
    178.png

Natio (Xatu) Lv40.
    Moves: Wish, Future Sight, Night Shade, Aerial Ace.
    017.png

Pidgeotto Lv30.
    Moves: Shadow Blitz, Shadow Panic.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
  • Ok, now I defeated the Pokèmon League, and I'm taking on the Sevii Islands quest, while training a lot.
    Do I have to beat E4 again and catch Mewtwo to complete Kanto challenge?

EDIT: Kanto challenge finished. Team Rocket quest completed, defeated Elite 4 again, and catched also Mewtwo, Suicune, and the Legendary Birds.

Moving on Johto!

197.png
    ~ Lv. 66 ~ Iron Tail, Faint Attack, Dig, Psychic

198.png
    ~ Lv. 65 ~ Shadow Ball, Steel Wing, Faint Attack, Fly

229.png
    ~ Lv. 67 ~ Crunch, Flamethrower, Strength, Toxic

248.png
    ~ Lv. 68 ~ Crunch, Rock Slide, Dragon Claw, Thunderbolt

275.png
    ~ Lv. 67 ~ Sunny Day, Faint Attack, Extrasensory, Solarbeam

319.png
    ~ Lv. 68 ~ Surf, Crunch, Ice Beam, Skull Bash

Last edited:
    Years
  • OK so, started up the Pocket Monsters Green ROM (this is my first time playing this one). Looks very simmilar to Pocket Monsters Red and very simmilar also to pokemon red and blue. Such a nice feeling starting these early games up. The time pokemon red came out i was about 10 or so and they were were the best days of my life. Super Game Boy in the Snes, pokemon up on the TV and no work to worry about! anyway here we go..

(disclaimer. I dont speak Japanese, not well anyway. I am playing a JAp version to assist me with my japanese studies) il try to translate as i can as we go along)

-Named myself Satoshi, oponent names Shigeru
    -Took potion from my home pc, always take the potion
    -Picked Hitokage so my opponent would take Zenigame, whos neither super efective nor weak against bug types.
    -With Zenigame beaten i started off on the road to Tokiwa city!.... Oh that was quick!
    No sooner do i arrive then a parcel is shoved into my hand by some rude merchant screaming japanese at me, Sheesh! i only wanted to buy some pokeballs!
    -OK, so parcel in hand i trudge solemly back to Masara town.
    -Traded parcel for Pokedex, Back to Tokiwa and on to finally catch some bugs!
    -So far spent about 5 minutes walking back and forth in the wods. Feel like a right 'ol pervert. All i come across are Transel and Cocoons!
    there no good, cant spend all my battles using Katakunaru (harden)!
    -Finally a Lv 4 Caterpie appears! nows my chance. Cap turned 180 degrees? check! heroic stance? check! Pokeball thrown and Caterpie caught. Getto de ze!!!!
    -Quick trip back to the Pokecentre, heal up and deposit Hitokage. Now to try and catch a Beedle with my Caterpie...

Current Team...

Caterpie LV 4
    - Taiatari (Tackle)
    - Ito o haku (String shot)
    -
    -

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
  • Update on my SS mono-Rock challenge:
    - I get my fifth badge.
    - I get my sixth badge.
    - I beat the Team Rocket in Magohany Town.
    - I get my seventh badge.
    - I beat the Team Rocket in Goldenrod City.

My team:
    Graveler - Lv 37
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Blast
    - Rock Smash
    - Self-Destruct

Sudowoodo - Lv 37
    - Strenght
    - Low kick
    - Rock Slide
    - Faint Attack

Rhyhorn - lv 38
    - Rock Blast
    - Iron Tail
    - Stomp
    - Take Down

Onix - Lv 38
    - Payback
    - DragonBreath
    - Dig
    - Secret Power

Corsola - Lv 38
    - Surf
    - Blizzard
    - Shadow Ball
    - Aqua Ring

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
  • Johto Challenge Update

I've changed my team, Weavile instead of Mew, and Red Gyarados as HM Slave.

I'm in Blackthorn, training in Routes 45 and 46 for the last Gym.

EDIT: GOT THE LAST BADGE! Already arrived in Victory Road Gate, just to delete Whirlpool in exchange for Surf, to Gyarados. Now taking on Ho-oh... Catch or defeat?

197.png
    ~ Lv. 48 ~ Iron Tail, Assurance, Dig, Confuse Ray

198.png
    ~ Lv. 48 ~ Shadow Ball, Sucker Punch, Night Slash, Fly (Honchkrow)

229.png
    ~ Lv. 48 ~ Bite, Flamethrower, Sludge Bomb, Thunder Fang

247.png
    ~ Lv. 49 ~ Earthquake, Rock Slide, Dark Pulse, Crunch

275.png
    ~ Lv. 49 ~ Razor Leaf, Faint Attack, Extrasensory, Swagger

215.png
    ~ Lv. 49 ~ Dark Pulse, Metal Claw, Ice Beam, Revenge (Weavile)

130.png
    ~ Lv. 30 ~ Surf, Strength, Rock Smash, Waterfall (HM Slave)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back