• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
  • If the Machamp can take a Hyper Beam and can do decent damage with Rock Slide, you won't really need to take Thunderbolt. I would wait until you get to Lance's Gyarados until making the call, though.

I would recommend Strength over Hyper Beam, for the five extra turns of attack before running into struggle (Yes, I know that Hyper Beam has 5 PP, but you're only attacking once every two turns with it, so it's like it has 10) as well as the other five extra turns of attack (the aforementioned cool-down turn)

Personally, I would grind with Todd so that he can take a hit from electric and still get off a decent Ice Beam. May I recommend KO'ing Zapdos before attempting the Elite 4 as a test?

Except if you KOd something with Hyper Beam in gen1, then the recharge didn't occer. And it kills really well.

GrassGiant

Grass Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    FINALLY! UPDATE!

Owned Marowak
    Saved Mr. Fuji from Rockets
    Got to Fuschia on the Cycling Road with fighting only one or two Trainers. That means a lot of NPCs for Exeggcute
    Caught Exxeggcute(Ionam)
    Defeated Erika http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaCP4jHBttk
    Got my last HM slave

Team:
    Ionam @
    Spr_1b_102.png

Lv 39
    -Egg Bomb
    -Hypnosis
    -Reflect
    -Psychic

His Psychic is really strong. Egg Bomb still do decent damage and he's good on defense. Not evolving until lv 42 for Sleep Powder

Pames @
    Spr_1b_047.png

Lv 40
    -Slash
    -Mega Drain
    -Leech Life
    -Dig

That will be his final moveset unless I find something good for him.
    Dig do pretty decent damage

Ponel @
    Spr_1b_003.png

Lv 39
    -Body Slam
    -Poison Powder
    -Leech Seed
    -razor Leaf

That plant can be really good on hard and long battles. Should'had used him on Victreebell.

__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __

I know Erika's video is long. All because of her Victreebell's Wrap.
    I won without recording and she did not even used Wrap that time. sad thing... Sorry for that long Wrap mess.

Next update soon, as I'm going to Koga's GYM right now

Years
  • -decided to get cut and 'grind' (in quotes because it accomplished practically nothing) before facing Bugsy
    -beat Bugsy without much difficulty, let Wooper have the Metapod and Kakuna, and she got poisoned, then once scyther got sent out just get her in to tail whip the thing until she fainted, interestinlgy, bugsy never repeatedly used fury cutter, scyther always hit it, but then the next turn used quick attack instead
    -made way through ilex forest, got headbutt tm and taught it to wooper
    -was planning ahead and realised i needed bayleef for rock smash and strength, so grinded chikorita in ilex for literally an hour and a half
    -skipped trainers and went to goldenrod for supplies first
    -got the bike, and radio card. bought lemonade, and tms for ice punch for wooper, and headbutt of phanpy
    -trained phanpy in the underground tunnel, wooper in the route south of goldenrod, where wooper evolved
    -decided to do everything i could before battling whitney, so i headed north
    -got dig and rollout tms, was sad when phanpy couldnt learn dig, so quagsire got it, and phapy got rollout (wanted the opposite)
    -got quick claw of quagsire
    -beat all trainers prior to sudowoodo (also got the annoying thing where you have to talk to the girl near sudowoodo then go back for the quirt bottle out of the way. i never got the point of that )
    -went back and beat all the trainers in the gym, went to heal and prepared for a showdown with whitney, the gym leader who haunted my playthroughs in the 5th grade
    -i ended up walking right through her. defense curl + rollout FTW. clefairy got gust or something on metronome and missed a double slap, and it took 2 rollouts (phapny was faster at lvl 24), and miltank hit a stomp, which hurt a bit, but rollout almost killed it, it used milk drink, but rollout hit it again and it was done, the EXP was enough to evolve phanpy
    -got the squirtbottle, and took the guy in the gates spearow (fly slave, i'm THAT lazy)
    -caught a nidoran female. i did on yellow too, sadly, this one isnt getting used either.
    -ko'd sudowoodo with quagsire. i had him at a low hp, and might have caught him, but i cant use him so there isnt much point
    -got rock smash and taught it to bayleef
    -beat kimono girls for surf, taught to quagsire
    -beat rival in burnt tower
    -released lenegendary beasts
    -got even luckier against morty than i did whitney, as not 1, but 3 hypnosis attempts failed since they were all faster than dophans denfense curl + rollout FTW, but it ohko'd all his pokemon. thank you arceus

current team
    Spr_2c_232.gif

Donphan (Lvl 27)
    -Headbutt
    -Rollout
    -Defense Curl
    -Take Down

Spr_2c_195.gif

Quagsire (Lvl 26)
    -Surf
    -Ice Punch
    -Dig
    -Headbutt

HM Slaves
    Spr_2c_153.gif

Bayleef
    -Cut
    -Flash
    -Rock Smash
    -Strength (Later)
    Spr_2c_021.gif

Spearow
    -Fly (Later)

going to head to mahogany first. that way i can, hopefully access the ice path and catch swinub and have a decent ammount of time to baby it and once its hihg enough a level, train it normal before the battle with clair.

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Fire Monotype Challenge: Part 43 - Slow and Steady Wins the Race

Trainer Name: Seb
    Badges: 3
    Generation: III (on Emerald)

Log
    :
    After I defeated Wattson, I headed north. I heard that there was a place called the Fiery Path, where you could catch Fire type Pokemon. On my way there, I saw a huge desert. When I tried to go through it, the sand swirling around blinded me, making it imposible to travel through. I finally made it to the Fiery Path and caught a Torkoal. I named him Aegis.

I trained with Aegis before continuing on my journey. I went west of Mauville to go to Verdanturf. I met Wally again. He told me that he planned on training with his Ralts and that he was going to challenge the Gym Leaders. He also met his uncle and aunt. They mentioned something about their daughter, and how her boyfriend was trying to dig from Rustburo to Verdanturf (through the Rusturf Tunnel) by hand so as not to upset the wild Pokemon. I went over to investigate, and I met Wanda, Wally's cousin, as a result. I helped them out by using Aaron's Rock Smash on the leftover rocks. They thanked me by giving by HM04 Strength, and went back home.

I continued northward from Mauville. I decided to battle the Winstrate Family and take on their challenge. I beat them all with Aegis. They congratulated me, but mentioned something about their son being a really strong trainer. I also met up with an interviewer named Gabby and Ty, her camera-man. They asked me for a battle and an interview. I guess I'm becoming kind of famous or something.

I saw two men dressed in red uniforms in front of what looked like a cable car station, blocking it. I overhead something about a meteorite and Mt. Chimney and someone called Prof. Cozmo. I eventually got to Route 113, and there was ash on the ground everywhere! I couldn't even see the grass. More soot fell from volcano (apparently, it's called Mt. Chimney) above. It was freezing cold, and I could barely see the sky and the sun.

When I made it to Fallarbor Town, I overheard someone mentioning something about Prof. Cozmo, and how he had been gone for a while in Meteor Falls. I wanted to help, so I decided to go there. On the way, a woman named Lanette invited me to her house. She talked about her Pokemon Storage System on the PCs. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a rusty computer with an e-mail that ended, "... From Bill." That brought back some memories. I continued onward to Meteor Falls.

When I got in the cave, I saw those people wearing the red uniforms. Before I could stop them, Team Aqua and their leader, Archie, came in! The ones in red uniforms ran off. Archie stepped up to me and told me that they were known as Team Magma. He told me that they were enemies, and that they are not to be trusted. He told me to keep an eye out for them, and then gave chase. I went up to Prof. Cozmo. He said that he wasn't hurt, but he warned me of Team Magma's plans for Mt. Chimney.

I wonder what they are planning to do with that meteorite. Whatever it is, I'm going to stop it.
    Team:
    pkrs005.gif

Zara (Level 35)
    - Ember
    - Double Kick
    - Peck
    - Quick Attack
    pkrs105.gif

Aegis (Level 34)
    - Flamethrower
    - Body Slam
    - Curse
    - Ember

---

Oh my god, I love the Meteor Falls music. I forgot how awesome it was. I prefer Ruby/Sapphire's color scheme, though. Oh well. And I swear. The name "Aegis" has meaning, really.

GrassGiant

Grass Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    Small update, nothing much to say

Koga Defeated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbB-W38KJfc
    Caught Nofel(Tangela)

Team:
    Nofel @
    Spr_1b_114.png

Lv 33
    -Constrict
    -Bind
    -Absorb
    -PoisonPowder
    If you get any moveset idea for this, I'd be happy. I like the PoisonPowder Bind combo though

Pames @
    Spr_1b_047.png

Lv 42
    -Slash
    -Mega Drain
    -Leech Life
    -Dig

Ponel @
    Spr_1b_003.png

Lv 41
    -Body Slam
    -PoisonPowder
    -Leech Seed
    -Razor Leaf

Ionam @
    Spr_1b_102.png

Lv 42
    -Egg Bomb
    -Hypnosis
    -Reflect
    -Psychic

Lv 48 before evolving, not 42 -_-(or 47 maybe)

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2010
    Current Stats:

Player: Malfoy
    Badges: 6
    Pokedex: 10
    Time: 9:02
    Type: Dragon
    Current Version: Emerald

Current Team:

Salamence Level 54
    :t373:
    Headbutt
    Flamethrower
    Dragonbreath
    Fly

Nature: Mild
    Ability: Intimidate

Flygon Level 46
    :t330:
    Crunch
    Dragonbreath
    Faint Attack
    Dig

Nature: Rash
    Ability: Levitate

HM Slave: Linoone: Surf, Cut, Rock Smash, Strength

Done with my training. Woke up Groudon (Who is the biggest BAMF I've ever seen. He sleeps in a freaking pool of lava!) and am now chasing Aqua. Looks like I'm gonna need another HM Slave for Dive.

And yes, Salamence totally has Intimidate and not Rock Head :P

yuki3056

Grass Types own
    Years
  • I am on board for this I will be starting in yellow with ground types wooo!

Progress
    Started game named myself yuki
    Got pikachu nicknamed it useless
    Lost to rival lol
    Caught a nidoran male nicknamed it henry
    Caught a nidoran female nicknamed it liz
    Grinded to level 10
    went through vidiran forest
    Grinded both to level 16 for evolution
    Easily stomped brock
    Saved game outside of mt. moon

Current Team:
    Henry the Nidorino lvl. 18
    Liz the Nidorina lvl. 16

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
    Years
  • Nofel @
    Spr_1b_114.png

Lv 33
    -Constrict
    -Bind
    -Absorb
    -PoisonPowder
    If you get any moveset idea for this, I'd be happy. I like the PoisonPowder Bind combo though

Poisonpowder
    Constrict
    Bind
    Mega Drain.

Should be used like that. Lead with PP or Constrict, then the other, then Bind. Mega Drain if low on health.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    If the Machamp can take a Hyper Beam and can do decent damage with Rock Slide, you won't really need to take Thunderbolt. I would wait until you get to Lance's Gyarados until making the call, though.

You know what, I even forgot about that Gyarados. I may use Thunderbolt for that alone.

I would recommend Strength over Hyper Beam, for the five extra turns of attack before running into struggle (Yes, I know that Hyper Beam has 5 PP, but you're only attacking once every two turns with it, so it's like it has 10) as well as the other five extra turns of attack (the aforementioned cool-down turn)
    The man talks sense.

Personally, I would grind with Todd so that he can take a hit from electric and still get off a decent Ice Beam. May I recommend KO'ing Zapdos before attempting the Elite 4 as a test?
    I forgot that Dragonite had Thunder as well... man, I am gonna hate Lance.

Except if you KOd something with Hyper Beam in gen1, then the recharge didn't occer. And it kills really well.

Isn't that only if you switch out after?

EDIT:

U-U-U-U-U-U-UPDATE!

It feels like I've done a lot more than I actually have... Kanto had a lot of routes with nothing but a ton of NPC trainers. I beat the Fighting Dojo with Ricky (Machamp) first to claim a lovely Hitmonlee that I won't be using. Those people called themselves Fighters? Psh, I showed them a thing or two about Fighting-types. I then beat Silph Co, where the lovely Chuck Oak failed to give me any sort of challenge whatsoever. His Sandslash did a bit of damage to Ricky, so I switched out to Todd (Poliwrath) and Bubblebeamed him in the face. Ninetales, surprisingly, took two Bubblebeams, I guess she's sturdier than she looks. Cloyster wasn't too bad, I just sent it to sleep and spammed a few Psychics. I switched out to Ape Insane for Kadabra, so I could Mega Punch it
    before it had the chance to sweep. Dig + Jolteon = Dead Jolteon.

Giovanni was a similar non-issue. Nidorino got in a Double-Kick but went down to Psychic+Bubblebeam. Switched to Ricky for the Low Kick on Persian. Rhyhorn was just one Bubblebeam. Nidoqueen just took a Psychic and an Ice Beam. Then I cleared the route from Lavender to Fuschia, getting Todd and Ricky much closer to Ape Insane in terms of levels. Did the Safari Zone, taught Strength to Ricky and Surf to Todd. Will now head to *gulp* the Psychic gym, as Ricky is nearing lvl. 50 and I don't want him to disobey.

Team:

Spr_1y_057.png

Ape Insane (Primeape)
    Lvl. 47
    - Mega Punch
    - Low Kick
    - Screech
    - Dig

Spr_1y_068.png

Ricky (Machamp)
    Lvl. 45
    - Strength
    - Earthquake
    - Low Kick
    - Rock Slide

Spr_1y_062.png

Todd (Poliwrath)
    Lvl. 44
    - Psychic
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf
    - Hypnosis

Last edited:

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
    Years
  • xomj5u.jpg

I made it!! I finally made it!!

There's not really any need for this, but I feel like I have to write it:

Final Grass Entry
    Version: Platinum
    Badges: 8

Righto. The last time I posted, I was training for Candice. Well, she turned out to be disappointingly easy to beat. Then there was the whole Mt. Coronet and the Distortion World-drama. Cyrus took some hits before he went down, but eventually he did. I then decided to capture Giratina in the Master Ball, Cyrus gave me - Ya know, just because I felt like mocking him a bit. After that, I went to see Prof. Rowan, who was very impressed with me, and told me to go for the gold - Sunyshore's badge and te Pokémon League. So I thought to myself, hell yeah!
    I challenged Volkner almost as soon as I had got to Sunyshore, and gawd, he was even more boring than Candice - Torterra OHKO'd everything with Earthquake. So much for the toughest Gym Leader in Sinnoh.
    After whooping Volkner's ass, I made it to the Victory Road, and after some struggling around and some frustration, I came through. I then decided to train just a couple levels, then challenge the Pokémon League. But hey - Chris was there! (My rival) He went down, but he did manage to knock out a few of my Pokémon. After a quick healing, I challenged the Elite Four.

Aaron was a bit annoying, to be honest, but Torterra's Rock Slide and Leafeon's Aerial Ace took care of most of it.
    Bertha was a joke. I remember struggling against her over and over again during my Fire mono-run. This time, she went down to a couple Petal Dances and a perfectly delivered Ice Beam from Abomasnow.
    Now, Flint was a serious challenge. (O'rly?!) It turned out to be a pretty intense battle in the end, peaking at a nerve-wrecking battle between Infernape and Leafeon - Credit to Leafeon for getting a crit at Aerial Ace.
    Lucian was... Well. Meh. Torterra's Crunch and Wormadam's Shadow Ball did most of the work, but other than that, it was not an overwhelmingly thrilling battle.

Cynthia... Toughest battle, I can remember. There was a lot of near-fainting, Cynthia using Full Restore, me having to use Max Revive - Anyways, at the end of the battle, we both had only one Pokémon left each - She had Garchomp and I had my almighty Leafeon. Neither of us had much HP, because Leafeon, that BEAST, just survived a Flamethrower - Then kills Garchomp with Magical Leaf.

I think I jumped out of my seat. Must've looked extremely stupid.
    Anyways, here's my final team:

Spoiler:

All in all, this challenge has been fun... And, well... Challenging. I think, now that I have finished two Ultimate mono-runs, I only have two mono-runs ongoing, so I'm gonna have to start a third one. I'm trying to decide between Ice and Rock. The only problem is Ice, because I'm using emulators. For the Kanto run, I can just go with LeafGreen, and then trade in a Seel or something, because I can easily trade between the Gen III games. But for the Johto run, I don't know what to do - How do I trade in an Ice-type? And as for the Sinnoh run - Can you even get an Ice-type before the third gym? Oh yea, okay, if I go with Platinum again, (which I do) I can get Eevee. But then I'll have to use only Eevee for a darn long time, right? Anyways, the biggest problem is trading an Ice-type into my Johto run, if I choose Ice.

Anyone wanna decide for me? Ice or Rock?

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Actually, I think I've made Pre-Advance trades work using TGB-Dual instead of VBA.

Which reminds me, I still need to sit down and figure out how to convert VBA and TGB-Dual saves into each other. Or just scrap VBA for pre-Advance Pokemon once I clear the Johto leg of my Flying run...

EDIT: MY status update:

Oh, right, the Mahogany Town Rocket Base. Who was it that said Gligar was to remain south of Blackthorne City? I really REALLY want to see them play a flying monotype. IN THE MEANTIME, I will keep going on my current path, eventually catching a Gligar before even setting foot in Olivine...

Why hasn't Pokey evolved into Togetic yet? Does he hate me?

At least I'm overlevelled in comparison to the Rocket Grunts around here.

I've grown to love Woodsie. I'm wondering if I should "forget" about the Everstone that he's holding...

Oh, crap. If this were an Advance Pokemon game, the battle outside the Power Room would be a teams 2v2 battle. They wasted a perfectly good plot if they don't do this in HG/SS.

I should have known better than to send Woodsie up against a Murkrow... speaking of, they're Headbutt Enemies, right?

Togetic: The one flying type in 2nd Generation that can legally know Rollout. Pokey (finally) evolved! Oh and I picked up Whirlpool.

Wait... crap, I *still* have to beat Pryce before I can leave for Gligar? Crap crap crappity crap... This will make two gyms that Pokey has been my ace for. Thank goodness that Ice is weak to Rock (even though the reverse is also true...). Looks like Grey Eagle and Woodsie are playing Mezzer this gym... although Woodsie plays Mezzer most of the time anyway...

Pryce killed me the first time around, and nobody leveled in the attempt, so I went ahead and reloaded my save.

Take Two: Minimized Seel's accuracy, started a rollout. Quick Claw + Stage 5 Rollout = Win. I was afraid that I'd need to pull in Woodsie for Cotton Spore.

Can I PLEASE go to Blackthorne now? I need a Gligar!

G2_Rage.png

NO!?

AAAAAAAAAGH! ALL MY SEQUENCE BREAKING FOR NOTHING! Well, may as well clear Glitter Lighthouse...

Last edited:

subame

I control the spice!
    Years
  • Oh lordy, lordy.
    God I can't wait 'till I'm done....Sinnoh just irks me, y'know?..I hope I get updated on the Main Page soon
    -Beat Victory Road....
    -Does anyone else notice Gen 4 Dragontamers look like retarted vampires?
    -Fought Cure, I have to say, He was Pretty tough...That Snorlax is one of the most brutal things I've ever seen....
    -Next time E4..or grinding...whatever
    -I am tired

Seraph Lv49 F
    Poison Point-Impish-Big Root
    Shadow Ball
    Giga Drain
    Hyper Beam
    Attract

Bram Lv51 M
    Inner Focus-Quiet-none
    Air Slash
    Aerial Ace
    Dark Pulse
    Confuse Ray

Bonnie Lv50 F
    Dry Skin-Naive-Poison Barb
    Poison Jab
    Focus Blast
    Nasty Plot
    Mud Bomb

Jezebel Lv50 F
    Sniper-Bold-none
    Poison Fang
    Ice Fang
    Fire Fang
    Thunder Fang

Sinnoh has actually been pretty difficult...I am actually rather dreading the E4 and Cynthia..

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    raekuul said:
    NO!?

AAAAAAAAAGH! ALL MY SEQUENCE BREAKING FOR NOTHING! Well, may as well clear Glitter Lighthouse...

That sucks. I feel your pain. I hate it when you can't get the team member you desperately want/need because it's at the very end of the game. : (

We're supposed to get 24 inches of snow tomorrow, so all schools are shut down tomorrow and we haven't even seen a flake of snow yet. Heck yeah.

---

Fire Monotype Challenge: Part 44 - Zara and Aegis Kick Grass... and Fire

Badges: 4

Log
    :
    I found my way through Meteor Falls to end up in... Rustburo City? I guess that makes sense. I headed back to Mauville and up north again. I found that the Magma Grunts that had been blocking the cable car had gone. The woman working there offered to give me a lift up to Mt. Chimney. The view going up was amazing, though it was quickly obscured by the falling soot.

When I got out, I saw Team Magma and Aqua members battling each other! I also saw Archie being attacked by three Magma Grunts and their Poochyena. He saw me and told me of Magma's plan to use the Meteorite's power to cause the volcano to erupt! He insisted that I help him stop Team Magma. I wasn't sure if Team Aqua's plan was any better, to be honest, but I didn't know what else to do.

I fought my way to their leader, Maxie. He was standing over an odd looking machine, which held the Meteorite inside it! He finally took notice of me and mumbled something about hearing rumors about a child trainer. He then told me of Team Magma's plan to expand the amount of land for Pokemon and people alike. We then started our battle. He was a tough opponent, but they were still no match for Zara and Aegis. At the very end, Zara finally evolved into a Blaziken. After the battle, Maxie didn't seem to really mind. He said something about an "orb," and then he left with the others. Archie came up and thanked me, though he questioned the side I was on. I'd like to know myself, to be honest.

I was already on Mt. Chimney, so I treated myself to some of the local Lava Cookies. I also made my way down the Jagged Path. Zara and Aegis were still awesome.

I finally made it to Lavaridge Town. I found out that the Gym Leader in this town actually trains Fire Types! I battled my way to her, and we fought an amazing fight to the end. She gave my my new badge and told me that I reminded her of Norman. She has no idea how right she is.
    Battle Against Flannery:

• Unfortunately, Flannery deserves her own page as well for various reasons. So, the beginning of the fight was great. Zara beasted everything. Finally, it came down to her Torkoal. I wanted to make the fight incredibly epic, so I sent out Aegis. I realized about mid-throw that it was probably a stupid idea. Aegis's Body Slam isn't going to do a lot thanks to Torkoal's beastly defenses, and Flamethrower won't work either.
    • I decided to use Flamethrower, because one of Flannery's earlier Pokemon used Sunny Day. Flamethrower managed to take out a decent chunk. Torkoal then used Body Slam and... it paralyzed me? Really? Fine. NO. IT USED ATTRACT. I didn't want both working against me, so I healed up with a Full Heal. It used Body Slam and it paralyzed... again! I was getting frustrated, but I still Full Healed anyway. I literally called out, "I bet 50 dollars that this will paralyze me again!" a second before the third Body Slam connected. And guess what? I won 50 dollars with my hypothetical gambler because it paralyzed me... again! Then I yelled, "what the freak!?" out loud.
    • Instead of wasting my precious Full Heals, I gave up and resigned myself to beating the odds. I healed Aegis while Torkoal set up Sunny Day. Torkoal also used Overheat, so I went into a pattern of healing while Overheat did less and less. I finally chose Flamethrower, crossed my fingers, and hoped for the best. Aegis made it through paralysis and attraction! Thank god I chose him to be on my team. I can't believe I ever doubted him.
    Team:
    pkrs006.gif

Zara (Level 37)
    - Ember
    - Double Kick
    - Blaze Kick
    - Quick Attack
    pkrs105.gif

Aegis (Level 36)
    - Flamethrower
    - Body Slam
    - Curse
    - Ember

---

Lame pun for a title is done on purpose because it's a reference. And for some reason, I'm listening to "Together Forever" from the Pokemon anime. Yes, I'm really bored, and I just thought of the song while looking for said reference.

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    That sucks. I feel your pain. I hate it when you can't get the team member you desperately want/need because it's at the very end of the game. : (

We're supposed to get 24 inches of snow tomorrow, so all schools are shut down tomorrow and we haven't even seen a flake of snow yet. Heck yeah.

It's not so bad, as long as I remember to go catch a Gligar before cleaning Goldenrod up. More overlevelled, but I'll (a) need a Ground/Flying type for Red and (b) have the Exp. Share already.

Er, you're not in southern Ohio are you? We were supposed to get the same storm, only nobody ever gives the right forecast for Cincinnati...

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
    Years
  • Dragon Entry
    Version: LeafGreen
    Badges: 8

5xn9ee.jpg

What else can I say?
    I don't really feel like doing a major update, although I probably should. The Elite 4 was meh. I had a bunch of Full Restores, and I was overleveled as ****, so it wasn't much of a challenge.

Anyways, my "team":

pkfrlg149.png
    Dragonite, lv. 82
    Relaxed // Inner Focus // Cleanse Tag
    - Outrage
    - Surf
    - Fly
    - Earthquake

She refused to obey almost throughout the entire game, which was extremely annoying, but it made it a real challenge. But after getting the Earthbadge and making her obey, almost everything was a piece of cake.

Moving on to Johto!

EDIT:

I think I'll start a Rock-type mono. Yea. I'll do that.
    Update coming perhaps sometime tomorrow, if not later on today.

Last edited:

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    raekuul said:
    Er, you're not in southern Ohio are you? We were supposed to get the same storm, only nobody ever gives the right forecast for Cincinnati...

Nope. I'm a little bit east of that. I live in Northern Virginia.

We always get wrong forecasts too. Two days ago, we only expected a light dusting, and we got off school. A while ago, we were expected to get everything from sleet and ice to a few inches of snow, but it missed us completely, and we just got regular rain.

Apparently, our governor declared a state of emergency. I'd laugh if the snow missed us completely.

---

Fire Monotype Challenge: Part 45 - The Legend of Seb

Badges: 5

Log
    :

• Got the Go-Goggles from May. Went to the hot springs and got that Wynaut egg just for the heck of it.
    • Went through the desert. The Mirage Tower isn't there. Darn. And what the hell. Zara missed hitting a Sandshrew about 5 times in a row with Ember. I know it has Sand Veil, but sheesh.
    • These trainers and their stupid evasion moves. First there's Sandshrew, now there's Taillow with Double Team. That's great.
    • Got out of the desert and tried the Mach Bike Challenge. 11.05 seconds with 3 collisions. I used to be so good at that, too.
    • Sailed back to Petalburg to challenge Norman. Had Zara OHKO the entire gym. I knew that Aegis would get outsped by pretty much everything, and I didn't feel like deaing with that.
    • Got to Norman. I wanted an epic showdown between Slaking an Zara, so that's what I did. Double Kick brought it down to the low yellow, and then Slaking used Counter. I panicked for a moment, but it only brought me down to 29 HP. It only took one more Double Kick. Easiest Norman fight ever. I like the ending part where it says, "Seb received the Balance Badge from Dad!" I think it's a nice touch. I really like how this game has you facing your dad, as opposed to the other games where he is non-existent. Also got the Amulet Coin from Mom.
    • Got Surf (and caught a random Lotad named Lori) and went to random routes collecting items. Surfed to Dewford. Wynaut hatched in Dewford. I named her Wanda. Went east on that water route and explored the Abandoned Ship. Listened to The Legend of Zelda tunes on the way. As much as I love R/S/E music, I wasn't feeling it. So, I kicked up some Wind Waker instead. The sailing tunes fit, at least.
    • Got back to Mauville and was ready to go to Fortree... until Wattson stopped me and asked me to stop the Generator in New Mauville.
    • Stopped the Generator and got the useless Thunderbolt TM. I finally went to the Game Corner, though, and bought 4000 Coins and exchanged them for a Flamethrower TM. Taught it to Zara. I still have 109983 dollars, so I'm not worried about my money situation. I should still have enough to buy the Pokemon League's stock of Hyper Potions and Revives out.
    • Zelda music is epic. That is all I have to say. The strings and trumpets and drums and flutes and everything bring me happiness.
    Team:
    pkrs006.gif

Zara (Level 43)
    - Flamethrower
    - Double Kick
    - Blaze Kick
    - Slash
    pkrs105.gif

Aegis (Level 42)
    - Flamethrower
    - Body Slam
    - Amnesia
    - Ember

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Not in RBY. If you kill it, you can attack on turn 2 as well.

Really? Wow, Gen I is so awesome in its brokeness.

Congratulations to Pekin for completing the Grass challenge! I reckon Grass will be my next challenge after Fighting, as I've never used a Chikorita, Treecko or Turtwig. Then again I've wanted to use Yanmega and Gliscor for ages... maybe I'll just finish this one first. :) Damn my rapidly shortening attention span!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back