• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Stayed home sick, may as well do something about it.

Grey Eagle evolved on the way to Cianwood, got the Loaned Shuckle for the lawls, picked up the Secretpotion and the Fly HM, thrashed Eusine.

Now for Jasmine, the Woman of Steel.

Lost once... twice... three times... would have been four if I hadn't been smart and actually used my anti-paralysis items (and hadn't gotten lucky with a missed thunderbolt at the end).

I can FINALLY go to Blackthorne now! Cue the Dancing Lobstahs!

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Phew, beating 4 gyms in a half-hour really takes it outta you... Koga was first on the list, and he was an absolute pain, much harder than I expected. The first Venonat died to a Psychic from Todd (Poliwrath), but the second survived a Dig from Ape Insane, and I missed a Mega Punch afterwards so had to endure a Psybeam and a Psychic. Thankfully the third fainted from on Earthquake from Ricky (Machamp). But that Venomoth.... I switched in Todd for a Psychic but it outsped me and killed him in two Psychics, while I got him down to about half. Then it outsped and OHKOed both Ricky and Ape Insane. I switched to Hitmonlee the Cannon Fodder, and luckily it wasted a turn on something stupid, giving me time to both revive and heal Todd. Same happened again, he outsped me and I got him down to just a slither of health with Psychic. I was convinved I was going to black out, but for some unfathomable reason Koga used an X Attack instead of finishing me off, so Todd knocked his Venomoth out with Surf. AI=Fail.

You can guess how easy Sabrina was. :cer_shifty: Abra took three Surfs from Todd (it just spammed Flash in retaliation), and Kadabra was just one Dig from Ape Insane. But Alakazam just swept through my team... Machamp managed to get two Earthquakes in but it had set up Reflect already. I tried Hypnotising it, but Hypnosis missed three times in a row, and then when it finally hit, he woke up after a single turn! :cer_pissed: So I blacked out, and went to grind a bit. I wiped out Cycling Road and the routes to Seafoam and Cinnabar, and then just for the hell of it I went into Seafoam Island and killed Articuno. Back in Saffron with Ape Insane and Todd at lvl. 51, and Ricky at lvl. 49, I beat Sabrina in a disappointingly easy battle. Dig for Abra, Dig for Kadabra, Dig for Alakazam. That was it. I felt kinda cheated...

Blaine and Giovanni were non-challenges. Todd beat Ninetales, Dugtrio and Rhydon with Surf, Ape Insane defeated Rapidash with Dig and Persian with Low Kick, and Machamp took care of Nidoking, Nidoqueen and Arcanine with Earthquake. Only Nidoqueen and Arcanine were 2HKOs, rest were OHKOs.

To the Pokemon League!

EDIT: I'm right in thinking you can't get any Fighting-types in Crystal until Goldenrod, right?

Last edited:

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    The snow is getting really heavy now. I love it because it just looks so freaking gorgeous. I'm pretty sure it doesn't look pretty to anyone who's stuck outside in traffic right now, but I think it looks nice.

---

Fire
    Monotype Challenge: Part 46 - In Which Our Hero Meets Awesome Again

Trainer Name: Seb
    Badges: 6
    Generation: III (on Emerald)

Log
    :
    I decided to catch a Wailmer and I named her Whitney. I headed east of Mauville to continue on my journey. I met up with that TV reporter again and her cameraman. Then Steven showed up again! We talked for a bit, then we went our separate ways. When I went up north, I saw a frustrated-looking biker. He mumbled something about not being able to rid his bike in the tall grass ahead. I slowly made my way across the grass. I also caught a Tropius and named her Thea, because Tropius are awesome.

After being attacked by many ninjas, I came across a bridge. To my surprise, Team Aqua was blocking it! I went into the nearby Weather Institute to discover that it had been taken over by Team Aqua. I battled my way upstairs to face what looked like the commander. Zara and Aegis beat her easily. Then, another Aqua Grunt came up and whispered something to the commander. I heard something about Team Magma and "Mt. Pyre." The commander seemed surprised and ordered the rest of the Grunts to retreat. As thanks for saving them, the scientists at the institute gave me a Castform.

As soon as I got out of the building, May stopped me! She asked for a battle, which I happily agreed to. We defeated her once again. I was ready to continue on when... what?! It's that stalker Scott again! Damn it! I thought I had gotten rid of him. He asked me if I was going to challenge the Fortree Gym. Well, of course I am!

When I arrived in Fortree (the place is made of tree houses! That's awesome!), a guy told me that I smelled "singed," and then asked me if I had been in a volcano. He has no idea. I strolled to the gym only to find that it was... blocked? By an invisible object, too. I continued heading east only to run into the TV reporter... again! Why are there so many people stalking me? Geez. I destroyed them easily.

Then I saw another familiar face, Steven. He seemed to be staring intently at one place on the bridge he was on. I only noticed it when I got closer. There was a shadow in the water, but I couldn't see anything that could make the shadow! Steven then pulled out an odd looking device. He said it was called a Devon Scope. He told me to get ready for battle. Suddenly, the Devon Scope revealed what the shadow was. It was a Kecleon! I sent out Zara to defeat the Kecleon. Steven then gave the Devon Scope to me.

I went to the gym and defeated the Kecleon blocking my way there. I slowly made my way through the gym. Without too much difficulty, I defeated the leader, Winona. When I came out, my PokeNav beeped. It was Scott... again! He congratulated me on my victory and told me that I may be the "trainer he's looking for." What the heck is he talking about?! Haven't I already proved myself a million times already? It's not like I'm a beginner! And how on earth does he keep finding me anyway?!
    Team:
    pkrs006.gif

Zara (Level 48)
    - Flamethrower
    - Double Kick
    - Blaze Kick
    - Slash
    pkrs105.gif

Aegis (Level 47)
    - Flamethrower
    - Body Slam
    - Amnesia
    - Heat Wave

---

... yes. I really do hate Scott for various reasons, most of them are dumb ones.

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Time to plough through the Ice Path. With a team weak to ice.

Er, how much are Max Repels?

Time to go get Waterfall and Gligar. Good thing I've practically got Ice Path memorized.

Now for hunting Gligars. Joy.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2010
    Generation III Complete! Also, I've got enough posts that I can put more than crappy Trozei smilies in my posts.

Final Stats:

Player: Malfoy
    Pokedex: 11
    Time: 11:11
    Type: Dragon
    Current Version: Emerald

Final Team:

Salamence Level 61
    150px-373Salamence.png

Dragonbreath
    Double Team
    Brick Break
    Fly

Nature: Mild
    Ability: Intimidate

Flygon Level 46
    150px-330Flygon.png

Crunch
    Dragonbreath
    Faint Attack
    Earthquake

Nature: Rash
    Ability: Levitate

HM Slaves:
    Linoone
    : Surf, Cut, Rock Smash, Strength
    Sharpedo: Dive, Waterfall

Smashed aqua, woke Kyogre, saved the world, and went to the Elite Four. I know there are some people making their way through the Dragon challenge, so let me just say that trying to beat the E4 SUCKS. Majorly. The first couple are easy. Then comes Ice. Brick Break on my MixMence wannabe did pretty good damage, and the pokes were low enough that ice attacks did massive damage instead of OHKOing. Except Walrein. After that, there's the Dragon guy, who can put the hurt on you with Dragon Claw. The worst part, though, is the champion. His first three pokes are super durable and can OHKO a level 60 Salamence with their Ice Beam/Blizzards. TBH, I wish I'd just focused on levelling Salamence over Flygon, who only got action when I ran out of Dragonbreaths to gank the Kingdra. I replaced Flamethrower with Double Team on Salamence and just save scummed. Not gonna lie there. I figured a bit of dishonorable use of save states is a reasonable substitute for powerlevelling Salamence to like 80. Yeah.

On to Gen IV. Unfortunately, I have to run my game on an emulator ATM, and it looks like I'll be slogging through at 80% or so speed.

Years
  • Player: mondays suck
    Badges: 1

Generation: III (Ruby)

Well, I started with Mudkip because it's such a good HM Slave and did all the early stuff quite easily. But now I have to beat May below the Cycling route with my level 20 Marshtomb, and that just doesn't work, since it's 4x weak stupid her stupid grass thingy's Absorb. Seems like I will have to do some massive grinding and thus will have a 40-ish Swampert when I finally reach that Swablu place...

Player: mondays suck
    Badges: 2

Finally beat May at level 28, earlier than I was expecting. Absorb could only 3HKO at that time while Mud Shot 2HKOd. Beat Wattson and rushed the way to Fallarbor. Caught a Swablu, named it Tyltalis, which is Altaria's japanese name, uncreativity shows up again. Currently leveling Tyltalis up. Marshtomb is at level 32 and boxed so I can carrry more Pick Up Slaves, I will get it back from there by the time I get Surf.

Spr_3r_333.png

Tyltalis / Swablu f Lv.19 @ /
    Gentle Nature / Natural Cure

- Peck
    - Secret Power
    - Steel Wing
    - Sing
    Dragon types have way more problems with Special than with Physical attacks, so I hope Gentle should work out.

Last edited:

Charmageddon

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Kanto leg complete!

Lorelei was up first. Ape Insane (Primeape) took Dewgong down with a couple of Low Kicks, and same with Cloyster and Lapras (though he did receive a nasty Hydro Pump from the latter. Slowbro and Jynx were more of a challenge, the first went down to two Earthquakes from Ricky (Machamp) and for Jynx I sent out Todd (Poliwrath) to put her to sleep, and then Surf her to death. I'm glad I outsped her, because she woke up straight away and she would have killed me if she had gotten a shot in.

Bruno was a non-issue with Todd on my side (that frog is a beast). Surf for the Onixes, Psychic for the fighters, only Machamp was not OHKOed (and could only use an X Attack in retaliation. I crown myself King of Fighters now.

Agatha was very forgettable. I just remember that each of my team killed at least one of hers with Psychic, Earthquake or Dig.

Lance was easier than expected. I taught Ape Insane Thunderbolt in the end, and it scored a critical on Gyarados, leaving Lance with one fried fish. (Ape is awesome, he outspeeds Gyarados). I sent Todd out to hit Dragonair with an Ice Beam. It left him with a slither of HP left, Lance used a Hyper Potion but I used Ice Beam again and froze it, then finished it off with Surf. Then the other Dragonair was sent out… and the exact same thing happened! :D Aerodactyl was almost my downfall, he used Fly and scored a critical, leaving Todd with just 16 HP. Luckily one Surf took it down. I switched out to Hitmonlee the Cannon Fodder to be fried by a Critical Fire Blast (overkill much?), while I healed Todd. Surprisingly when I switched him back in he outsped Dragonite and OHKOed him with Ice Beam.

And so it came to the final battle. O-Chul .vs. Chuck Norris. Who else was gonna win? Todd defeated Sandslash with Surf to start off. Then the dreaded Alakazam came into the mix… but Ape Insane managed to outspeed him and get a Dig in. Zam just survived, and healed, but another two Digs took care of him. Todd appeared again to beat Ninetales with Surf and Exeggutor with Ice Beam (surprisingly the latter took three Ice Beams, I never thought of it as being bulky before). Ricky made a small cameo to beat Cloyster with Low Kick, not before taking a hefty hit from a critical Clamp, but Ape Insane sealed the deal, defeating Jolteon with a well-aimed Dig.

All hail the new Kanto Champion!

Final Team:

Todd (Poliwrath)
    Spr_1y_062.png

Lvl. 62
    - Psychic
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf
    - Hypnosis
    MVP on the Elite Four alone. This set gave him massive coverage, and Hypnosis helped me out of a couple of tight spots. I love this frog.

Ape Insane (Primeape)
    Spr_1y_057.png

Lvl. 61
    - Mega Punch
    - Low Kick
    - Thunderbolt
    - Dig
    I couldn't have done it without this guy and his speed. He started off great, mainly due to overlevelling, became less useful as time went on, but then returned in style to thrash several members of the E4. Outspeeding Gyarados and Alakazam was a godsend.

Ricky (Machamp)
    Spr_1y_068.png

Lvl. 61
    - Low Kick
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Strength
    Couldn't be bothered to get Hyper Beam in the end, this set worked just fine. Ricky was my most powerful team member for a while, but was curiously absent during the E4.

Will start Johto later today. I'm just gonna solo with Cyndaquil until Goldenrod, that OK?

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    These "diary-style" logs are getting longer and longer. I'm noticing a trend here, and it's kind of annoying me.

---

Fire
    Monotype Challenge: Part 47 - Studies Have Shown That Grunts' IQ Levels Have Decreased Significantly

Trainer Name: Seb
    Generation: III (on Emerald)

Log
    :
    After beating Winona, I flew back to Fallarbor and gave the Meteorite back to Prof. Cozmo. As thanks, he gave me the TM for Return, which I taught to Zara. I flew back to Fortree, and I headed south down another route filled with tall grass. Thanks to my great luck, I just had to have run into a thunderstorm. It cleared up pretty quickly though. It was amazing how clear and beautiful the sky was after the storm. I headed east and ran into Team Aqua. They were heading south to a place called Mt. Pyre.

I followed them up Mt. Pyre and into the thick fog. Up ahead, I saw Archie. He said something about Blue and Red Orbs before leaving with everyone else. I couldn't stop them in time. An elderly couple there told me about the Red and Blue Orbs, and how they shouldn't be separated. They also told me that Team Magma had taken the other orb! They gave me something that one of the Team Magma Grunts left. It was some sort of medal that had Team Magma's symbol etched onto it.

I continued east and arrived in Lilycove. I met up with May again and we battled once more. She told me that she would be heading back to Littleroot to help her father's research. East of Lilycove, I saw Team Aqua grunts, as well as one who seemed to be trying to train a pod of Wailmer. I also saw an odd looking building hidden behind some rocks. I surfed over only to find myself in what seemed like Team Aqua's Hideout! The guards didn't seem to care. In fact, they tipped me off to Team Magma's actions in Mt. Chimney.

I flew to Lavaridge and headed up the Jagged Path. Halfway there, the earth started shaking! It pulled out the medal I got earlier. It seemed like the emblem was reacting with the volcano! Suddenly, part of the rock crumbled away to form a large hole. I knew that Team Magma's Hideout was here. I battled my way through the hideout until I got to the very end. Throughout the way, I heard some Magma grunts talking about a Pokemon called "Groudon." I ended up in a room with a huge pool of lava and a giant Pokemon! I knew that it must have been Groudon. I also saw Maxie, the leader in the back of the room. Before I could stop him, he held aloft the Blue Orb and Groudon awakened. But it didn't listen to Maxie's commands. It disappeared back into the lava! Maxie finally took notice of me and blamed me for Groudon's disappearance!

After I defeated him, he fled with the rest of Team Magma. I flew back to Lilycove and into the Aqu Hideout. Before I could get a word out, one of the guards mentioned something about going to Slateport City, but he wouldn't tell me what they were planning. At the same time, the other guard mentioned something about jacking a submarine, but he wouldnt tell me where.

... jacking a submarine in Slateport?! What?! I started my journey back to Slateport. I just hope that I'm not going to be too late.
    Team:
    Same. Just higher levels. We're all in the 50s, now. And no, I'm not getting a Vulpix.

Years
  • Player: mondays suck
    Badges: 4

Got Swablu to a decent level by beating skipped trainers (this includes Brawly). It evolved somewhere in Flannery's gym so I got my first Hoenn Dragon type now. Flannery was easy, Altaria's Sing never missed and Dragonbreath at least 2HKOd everything. Got the Desert Glasses and caught a Trapinch. Taught it Dig and Rock Tomb (I know it's near useless, but it still gives great coverage...) by TM.

Team:
    Spr_3r_334.png

Tyltalis / Altaria f Lv.35 @ King's Rock

- Peck
    - Dragonbreath
    - Steel Wing
    - Sing
    I never really used an Altaria before, but up to now it's doing a great job. It doesn't like the likes of Aron though.
    Spr_3r_328.png

Omnom / Trapinch f Lv.20 @ Blackglasses
    Lonely Nature / Arena Trap

- Bite
    - Sand Attack
    - Rock Tomb
    - Dig
    Looks like I am going to have massive issues with powerful physical attackers later on....

Player: mondays suck

Beat Norman. He was pretty difficult, as always. My first strategy to simply kill the Slakings with Trapinch's Dig didn't work, since I have to outspeed them for that. Instead, the first Slaking could OHKO Trapinch with a non-boosted Facade. Being underleveled is not a nice thing. Altaria did stuff better, but Dragonbreath would sooner or later paralyze something, leading to my loss. So I had to develop a different strategy to win. Steel Wing was the move of my choice, and with the occassional defence boosts from it (that Slaking took a lot of Steel Wings), Altaria became a defensive beast and killed one Slaking and the Vigoroth. The last Slaking got a crit with something though which killed Altaria and I thought I was screwed. But it was the right turn to use Dig now, so I spammed it, and Slaking never hit me and died.
    Got Surf and cleared the whole Petalburg-Dewford-Slateport route to let Trapinch (which - of course - evolved somewhere here) catch up to Altaria.
    Beat Team Magma at Weater Institute. Beat Winona, she was easy with Altaria's Ice Beam (I even got an unneccessary freeze on Skarmory) and Vibrava's Rock Tomb.

Team: (now again with these way better looking but annoyingly huge sprites)
    altaria.png

Tyltalis / Altaria f Lv.43 @ King's Rock

- Ice Beam
    - Dragonbreath
    - Aerial Ace
    - Sing
    I need to get rid of Sing, it's too unreliable.
    vibrava.png

Omnom / Vibrava f Lv.44 @ King's Rock
    Lonely Nature / Levitate

- Crunch
    - Dragonbreath
    - Rock Tomb
    - Dig
    Nickname doesn't fit to it's appearance anymore. It still can Crunch though.
    I thought this can learn Flamethrower, so I bought the TM. But apparently it can't. Maybe it has to be Flygon for it...

Last edited:

Charmageddon

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Yep, Flygon can learn Flamethrower.

I started Crystal, named myself Trio, chose Cyndaquil and did a lot of boring stuff until I reached Goldenrod. SRed for a Tyrogue in the egg (not shiny though), hatched it, named it Andrew and grinded. After a LOT of bait-and-switching, and almost blacking out from some guy's Kadabra (was only saved by a Ditto I caught for breeding), it evolved into Hitmontop. Bred for two more eggs, and hatched them into Jonathan and Warren (yep, more cookies available for this geek reference). Blah blah, lots of grinding, beat Sprout Tower which I had left for this purpose, the two are close to evolving.

Team so far:

Andrew (Hitmontop)
    Spr_2c_237.gif

Lvl. 25
    - Tackle
    - Dizzy Punch
    - Rapid Spin
    - Dig

Jonathan (Tyrogue, will become Hitmonchan)
    Spr_2c_236.gif

Lvl. 18
    - Tackle
    - Mud-Slap
    - Swift

Warren (Tyrogue, will become Hitmonlee)
    Spr_2c_236.gif

Lvl. 17
    - Tackle
    - Headbutt

Yay for moveset fails.

GrassGiant

Grass Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    BIG UPDATE!

Defeated Jael(Rival) at Silph http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxmsfEstKlI
    Defeated Giovanni and saved SILPH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7m51w-hi9M
    Cleared Fighting Dojo
    Defeated Sabrina http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Joy6EmssOPc
    Ionam evolved into Exeggcutor
    Defeated Blaine which was a pain because of Fire Spin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDdqvHC9Tj4

Team:

Ionam @
    Spr_1b_103.png

Lv 48
    -Egg Bomb
    -Hypnosis
    -Reflect
    -Psychic

Pames @
    Spr_1b_047.png

Lv 50
    -Slash
    -Mega Drain
    -Leech Life
    -Dig

Ponel @
    Spr_1b_003.png

Lv 48
    -Body Slam
    -PoisonPowder
    -Leech Seed
    -Razor Leaf

Nofel @
    Spr_1b_114.png

Lv 48
    -Constrict
    -Bind
    -Absorb
    -PoisonPowder

EDIT:
    Defeated Giovanni's GYM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYVqzwoQb10
    Defeated Rival for the ... well... a lot of time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBSk5jgN2DA
    Went through Victory Road
    Now grinding

Not adding my team again. Only changes are 3/4 more levels each and exeggcutor got Explosion instead of Reflect

Last edited:

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Caught Suicune... after about three attempts. Too bad I can't trade hir to my Gold Version via VBA... anyhow, on to Clair!

Wait, where is my strength slave?

It was close, but one poorly-timed Hyper Beam that didn't KO Pokey (who was on Rollout Stage 4) ensured that I won...

Interesting to note: If you're trying to kill Woodsie using just Dragon Rage, it can't be done. I'll recover HP faster than you can remove it from me. Between Mega Drain, Leech Seed, and Posion Powder, you need something else!

Anyhow, since my party was full, I didn't get a free Dratini, Extremespeed or otherwise. Anyway, right now I need to grind up my newest addition, Fallser the... Magikarp?

I need a waterfall slave and didn't have any pokeballs when I fought the Lake of Rage Gyara. The best part about using a Gyaraslave? Four HMs on one person: Strength, Whirlpool, Surf, and WATERFALL (which I remember having to do when I first played Silver version), which means that instead of juggling eight pokemon, I only need to carry six on me at all times:

Pokemon%20Crystal%20-%20Party,%208%20Badges.PNG

Pokemon%20Crystal%20-%20Grey%20Eagle,%208%20Badges.PNG
    Pokemon%20Crystal%20-%20Grounder,%208%20Badges.PNG
    Pokemon%20Crystal%20-%20Pokey,%208%20Badges.PNG
    Pokemon%20Crystal%20-%20Woodsie,%208%20Badges.PNG

Well, until next time where I start to declare war on Kanto, starting with the Pokemon League Champion!

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
    Years
  • Normal entry
    Version: Crystal
    Badges: 16

So... Today, I finally pulled myself together and did something about this Normal mono, where I got kinda stuck somewhere in Kanto.

It's been a somewhat busy day. I woke up at 6 o'clock AM, and checked in at work at 7. At 6 o' clock PM, I was finally on my way home, fuelled by coffee and a desire to come home to get something to eat. Anyway, after having had a bite to eat, I started moving on in my Normal mono-run. After beating all the Gym Leaders, I started grinding at Mt. Silver. And grinding. And grinding. And then I grinded some more. It's now 03:02 AM here in Denmark, and gawd, I'm tired.

And then I beat Red!!

First up, Ursaring OHKO's Pikachu with Slash, then takes out Espeon using Faint Attack twice, taking two Psychic attacks in the process. Then Noctowl kills Snorlax by using Return twice - The second turned critical. Then Furret kills Blastoise with three Thunderpunches - I think Blastoise used Rain Dance and Whirlpool, which missed. Then, there was an annoying long battle between Noctowl and Venusaur, because Venusaur wouldn't stop using Sunny Day and Synthesis - Eventually, I manage to knock it out with Fly, though. Finally, Furret kills Charizard with two Surf attacks after surviving a critical Flamethrower.

Final team:

gbc217.gif
    Ursaring, lv. 83
    - Strength
    - Faint Attack
    - Slash
    - Thrash

This one quickly replaced Furret as my main guy. He did great.

gbc162.gif
    Furret, lv. 82
    - Headbutt
    - Thunderpunch
    - Surf
    - Iron Tail

I've always thought of Furret as a sort of beta-version of Linoone. Am I the only one? Anyway, I've never really used Furret before, but he turned out alright. His stats aren't magnificent, but as many other Normal-types, he has a great movepool.

gbc164.gif
    Noctowl, lv. 82
    - Return
    - Hypnosis
    - Dream Eater
    - Fly

Well... I'm looking forward to getting Girafarig in Hoenn instead of this wannabe-Psychic type. Apart from that, it did decent. Not the favourite member of my team, but it definitely helped me out every now and then.

Moving on to Hoenn!

Years
  • short update. spent the day reading Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident (if you haven't read it, I recomend it highly), working, and now watching UFC 109 haven't played much but don't wanna forget what i've done

-headed to Mahogany
    -ko'd red gyarados
    -didn't have any trouble in rocket warehouse, didn't even have to leave to heal
    -the gym was a bit of a nightmare. dewgongs and cloysters were a night mare, but i did okay IMHO
    -the battle with pryce was kinda close. quagsire took out seal easily, dewgong was a little bit of a struggle. tried to rollout to poliswine, it was in the red, pryce used a hyper potion, rollout missed, and donphan got hit with blizzard, OHKO. i sent quagsire back out, and i got really lucky. i used dig, and the quick claw activated, so blizzard missed, next turn it didnt, so blizzard missed again. that happend a few times. eventually he ran out of blizzards and i headbutt him to the point he fainted.
    -sadly, i can't go to the ice path until AFTER beating jasmine and chuck. gonna try to skip as many trainers as i can in the light house and the routes to olivine so i can use them to level up swinub.
    current team is the same as last time only quagsire is level 33, and donphan is level 32

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
  • -story line until galactic in eterna...

Monferno Lv.can't be bothered checking
    Flame Wheel
    Mach Punch
    Can't Remember
    Can't Remember

Machop Like lv. 20 or something

Karate Chop
    Seicmic Toss
    Low Kick
    I think Leer

I want a Ralts... It gonna be a Gallade so bad

I dunno what to get...

Toxicroak
    Heracross
    or
    Whatever other Fighting type in this game (Platnuim btw)

Years
  • Update! I beat Gen 3 (Ruby version) So gen 4 Flying types here i come.

Basic Info:
    Player: Jayster23
    Character: Brendan
    Badges: 8
    Hall Of Fame : 10:24 hours

Team:

Salamance lv 62
    Crunch
    Earthquake
    Dragon Claw
    Flamethrower

Skarmory lv 50
    Steel Wing
    Fly
    Swift
    Air Cutter

Swellow lv 58
    Wing Attack
    Aerial Ace
    Endeavour
    Quick attack

Altaria lv 60
    Aerial Ace
    Ice Beam
    Dragon Breath
    Dragon Dance

HM Slaves
    Zigzagoon- Cut, Rock smash, Strength, Surf
    Wailmur- Dive, Waterfall
    Roselia- Flash
    Skarmory- Fly

Moving on to 4th gen (Platinum)

Piece out- Jayster23

P.S Sorry i couldn't be bothered playing it until today.

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
    Years
  • Normal entry
    Version: Emerald
    Badges: 0

So, today I started my third part of this challenge - Hoenn. There's not much to say, cos' I've only just made it to Petalburg. Caught myself a Taillow a little while ago and trained it a few levels.
    Because I wanna test my team at the Battle Frontier after completing the challenge, I want a full six-member team, and it's probably gonna be Linoone, Swellow, Exploud, Girafarig, Castform and Dodrio. I've never really used Exploud, Castform, Girafarig or Dodrio that much before, so this oughta be fun.

My team so far:

emesprani263.gif
    Zigzagoon, lv. 11
    Lax // Pickup
    - Headbutt
    - Growl
    - Tail Whip
    - Tackle

emesprani276.gif
    Taillow, lv. 10
    Adamant // Guts
    - Peck
    - Growl
    - Focus Energy
    - Quick Attack

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Well, seeing that I'm getting bored with Poison, I think it would be better for me to do a new challenge. I'm going with Rock now.

GrassGiant

Grass Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    FINAL UPDATE FOR KANTO!

Finally I'm done with the league.
    -Defeated Lorelei http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbtOz4YOqfU
    -Defeated Bruno http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xymNkcJqV8g
    -Defeated Agatha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGTPGwAiY9E
    -Defeated Lance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXmwBxGV7ik
    -Defeated Jael http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOQobTqDMFo
    -Entered Hall of Fame http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7vJe2n8YBs
    -Prepared for Pokemon Silver

Final team:

Ionam @
    Spr_1b_103.png

Lv 61
    -Egg Bomb
    -Hypnosis
    -Explosion
    -Psychic

One of the MVPs, Psychic destroyed almost everything and it's defense was good too.Not seen in the final battle though.

Pames @
    Spr_1b_047.png

Lv 61
    -Slash
    -Mega Drain
    -Leech Life
    -Dig

No Psychic types could survive this and it took away poison types if I was wanting to keep Ionam's PPs

Ponel @
    Spr_1b_003.png

Lv 62
    -Body Slam
    -PoisonPowder
    -Leech Seed
    -Razor Leaf

The other MVP. It could defend well against everything, even if it got type-trumped. Fire Blast from Rival's Charizard which was three level higher did only cut 50% of Ponel's health.

Nofel @
    Spr_1b_114.png

Lv 60
    -Constrict
    -Bind
    -Absorb
    -PoisonPowder

Probably my LVP, it was usefull sometimes on Pokemon with not so good defense that I wanted to not attack. Tangrowth and a better moveset in Gen 4 for sure.

So I'm going on silver now. I'll be adding videos when they'll be uploaded for the E4

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back