• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
  • It learns Grass moves, and while it's special attack isn't that noteworthy, that can help. Haryama, however, doesn't get many ingame moves by level up (Competitively, it gets Fake out and Whirlwind, but those aren't useful ingame).

Years
  • Kanto update

Ok then! Caught meself a pidgy, and evolved it to pidgeotto :-D. Then i did he bridge thing (i saw ur feat in the grass lol) and then helped Bill. Then i beat the gym and realsid gyrados was part flying and grinded till it was nearly envolved in diglett tunnel and S.S. Anne and then beat Surge (difficult) and tha was all. C ya!

Ryu-kun

Dreeeaaaams...
    Years
  • Hmm... I'm thinking of taking up a side challenge for me. The problem is... I can't choose between Poison and Bug types...
    On the other hand... I actually have an ongoing Poison challenge... Sooooo... BUG IT IS!
    ... I just posted my whole team from my Grass challenge... Not going to do that again as the page refreshed itself.
    All I can say, is that Best is level 41, Bella 40, Saur 40 and my brand new Exeggutor 36

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • I think my name was taken off the list!

Please put it back on, I'm up to Platinum with Waters, but I started another challenge on it first. As soon as I finish that challenge, I'll finish up here.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Final Hoenn Update - In which Charmageddon learns the value of X items

So, I arrived at Sootopolis and promptly looked for somewhere I could buy a coke, but some idiot had locked all the doors. Steven moaned at me 'cos the rain was making his hair frizz up, so I wen to beat the crap out of an ancient behemoth. It was easy, I didn't bother catching it because I'm still living in hope of a shiny (which I have never ever seen sans Red Gyarados) and so I wanted to keep my Masterball. Steven thanked me and flew off without giving me a coke. I will get my revenge one day. I could tell how hard Wallace was going to be, so I cooked up a strategy. Flying on my mango-growing dinosaur to Lilycove, I picked up some Battle items, and headed back to Sootopolis. I sent Pogg out against Wallce, slapped on a Dire Hit, Guard Spec, several X Speeds and X attacks, and then swept his team with Earthquakes. It was a little bit beautiful.

Then loomed Wally. I SRed him a few times because his Gardevoir was darn tough. At some point along the line Lu-Tze got a critical Shadow Ball and then Cranberry swept the rest of the team (Blaze Kick for Roselia, Double Kick for Magneton and Delcatty, Pogg beat Altaria with Rock Tomb.

The Elite Four took several gos, so I cannot recall exactly how each of the battle went. Sidney was naturally easy, only Shiftry was annoying, in the first battle it used Double Team and got major evasionhax, eventually taking out Cranberry. Phoebe was not as difficult as expected, Marley came into his own here with great use of Leech Seed. It switched it, seeded, then switched out for Pogg to stall. Glacia was simple as you might expect.

Drake is where I really fell apart, mainly on that damn Salamence. On my first way through the E4, I was lvl. 45 and Salamence's Fly could OHKO my whole team. So I whited out, grinded, went back at lvl. 51 and still was OHKOed. So on the third try, I realised some tactics were needed, and so off I went again to Lilycove Department Store to fill my bag with battle items. Pogg again got jacked up on steroids battle items, several Guard Specs were used to prevent speed reduction from Shelgon's Rock Tomb, then 6 X Speeds, a dire hit and a few X Attacks and X Accuracies. Brick Break, Brick Break, Rock Tomb, Rock Tomb, Brick Break. /battle. :D

With Drake finally out of the way, I made my way into the champion's room to find.... that idiot with the Kecleon de-invisibilitator! I asked him where my coke was, but he kept rambling about a final battle so I resigned myself to kicking his arse. Blaziken OHKOed Skarmory with Blaze Kick, and Pogg defeated Aggron with Earthquake. Armaldo took out Blaziken with Aerial Ace, but Pogg saved the day. Then up came Metagross... Pogg was already weak, so Psychic beat him. Marley wasn't fast enough to get a Leech Seed in. I switched to my cannon fodder - Pog the Modest and therefore rejected Makuhita and Buster the Machop, while I healed Pogg. Switched him back in for an Earthquake... and Metagross got a crit! Grr. Lu-Tze did a little damage with Hi Jump Kick and I revived Cranberry while I was at it. Lu-Tze died to several Meteor Mashes, which had won my opponent an attack boost. It all seemed lost when Cranberry outsped Metagross and got a critical Blaze Kick. :D

Claydol up next, and I knew it was a type match-up I was never going to win, so I revived Marley and let Cranberry take an Earthquake for the team. Seeded, and what followed was probably the most excrutiatingly long battle of my life. Claydol had set up screens, to I alternated between healing my other Pokemon and going minimal damage with Giga Drain. Leech Seed was slowly killing him and healing me, and Claydol's Earthquake (which seemed to be the only offensive move it had) wasn't doing much damage. I eventually drained him to the red zone, and idiot used a Full Restore! Cue the same slow process again, I fully healed all my team, but when he got to the red again, he used another Full Restore! Eventually though, both screens faded and I got in a good Giga Drain to finally defeat him. Switched to Cranberry to finish off by whupping Cradily with Double Kick.

I demanded my coke. Steven refused. So I killed him and looked for one in the back room. There was just some lame computer in there, so I entered my team in the Hall of Fame instead.

hoeenchampions.jpg

May, Professor Birch, Steven's corpse and several police officers were waiting for me when I came out. I set Cranberry on them and began life as a fugitive in Sinnoh.

Final Team:

Cranberry (Blaziken)
    Spr_3r_257.png

Lvl. 52
    Blaze
    - Blaze Kick
    - Slash
    - Double Kick
    - Bulk Up

A very powerful Pokemon, Blaze Kick came in very useful, saving my arse against Metagross. Could've done with a better Fighting move than Double Kick.

Marley (Breloom)
    Spr_3r_286.png

Lvl. 52
    Effect Spore
    - Giga Drain
    - Hidden Power (Flying)
    - Sky Uppercut
    - Leech Seed

Leech Seed = win. Wouldn't have been able to beat Phoebe without it. HP Flying was only used against Ghosts to save Giga Drain's HP. Probably LVP in the whole game, but was integral in the E4 thanks to Leech Seed.

Pogg (Hariyama)
    Spr_3r_297.png

Lvl. 53
    Guts
    - Brick Break
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Tomb
    - Surf

This guy was extremely bulky, which helped to no end when stalling and when pumping him full of drugs battle items. If I had to choose, he'd be the MVP. Annoying that all his moves had to come from TMs though.

Lu-Tze (Medicham)
    Spr_3r_308.png

Lvl. 52
    Pure Power
    - Psychic
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - Calm Mind

An excellent all-rounder that could consistently be relied on to do good damage. Shadow Ball was a godsend against Phoebe, though having a weakness to Ghost itself made it somewhat of a glass cannon.

Honourary mentions to:
    Pog the rejected Makuhita!
    Buster the cannon-fodder Machop!
    Zigzagoon the pickup and HM slave!
    Equiano the totally awesome Tropius!

rew_s11

ERROR 404
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2016
    Player : Venom
    Badges: 16
    Game: Crystal
    Type: Poison
    Update: 7

- moved to SS.Anne
    - arrived in vermilion

LT Surge:
    Earthquake sweep

- moved to celadon

Erika:
    Send Jelly
    2HKO tangela with icy wind.Icy wind twice on victrebell,erika healed and Icy wind twice again for the KO
    Switch to gengar,OHKO jumpluff and 2HKO belossom with ice punch

- moved to safron

Sabrina:
    Send boo,OHKO mr.mime and espeon with shadow ball.Switch to jelly,icy wind and sludge bomb alakazam and I was 2HKO by psychic
    Send boo to finish him

- moved to fushia

Janine:
    thunderpunch x 2,fire punch x 2 and earthquake sweep

- moved to celadon
    - beat rocket,got machine part
    - found misty

Misty:
    Send boo
    Hypnosis,them shadow ball.Took a psychic than hypnosis ans shadow ball x 2
    Ice punch quagsire,and I was kod by earthquake
    Send jelly and surf it for OHKO.Sludge bomb lapras and stamie for 3HKO each

- delivered machine part
    - got radio card
    - caught snorlax for leftovers

moved to pewter

Brock:
    Ice punch x 2,earthquake sweep

- moved to seafloor islands

Blaine:
    another earthquake sweep

- back to viridian

Blue:
    Finally a good battle
    Send boo,did 80%(?) damage on pigeot with ice punch,got wirhwind.It send my hm slave,who was OHKOd
    Send boo again and finish him.Switch to jelly
    Blue send rhydon,but switch to alacazam while I surf it.Icy wind,got disable and KO it with sludge bomb.
    Icy wind rhydon(I forgot that surf was disabled) and be OHKO by earthquake
    Send boo and OHKO rhydon with ice punch.

Blue send gyarados.I hypnosis + curse it while blue used a full restore
    Next turn hypnosis and hydro pump missed.I hypnosed it again,shadow ball again and blue healed it again.
    Shadow ball,took a hydro pump and healed twice while curse KO him.

Switch to zina.Blue send Arcanine
    I was 2HKO by flametrower and gave good damage with earthquake.Send Drake to finhish him with return
    Drake 3HKO exeggutor with wing attack,while it keept spaming egg bomb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNQ0Z3LjDOA

- moved to silver cave:

Red:

Okay,this guy is insane as his espeon can outspeed and OHKO my entire team
    My tatic was beat pikachu with Boo,so he will use snorlax,who can't touch me while I use stat boosters
    Send Boo,switch to zina
    Fire/thunder punch until pikachus health is low enough to Boo KO it,but not too low so red won't heal it.
    Switch to zina,KO pikachu with shadow ball.
    Curse + hypnosis snorlax,used two x attack and a x speed.Snorlax woke up and used rest,Curse damage + 3 ice punchs beat it.
    Red send espeon,OHKOd by shadow ball
    Red send venosaur.I hypnosed it and ice punch way
    Red send Charizard.Shadow ball it and Boo was Kod
    Send Jelly,barrier,icy wind them surf way.Healing when necessary
    Red send blastoise
    Icy wind than span sludge bomb,healing when low health

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI8mmgiYzvs

Final team:
    gbc094.gif

Boo Lv 52 @ Focus Band(never worked)
    ice punch
    shadow ball
    hypnosis
    curse

Mvp overall.Hypnosis help me a lot,Curse take care of anything when sleeping
    Ice punch for general coverage and pwns lances dragonites.Shadow ball for that anoying psychics

gbc169.gif

Drake lv 52 @ exp.share/none
    return
    wing atack
    bite
    confuse ray

Lvp.He is very fast,but have a small coverage and don't hit as hard as I need

gbc034.gif

Zina lv 50 @ leftovers
    Thrash
    thunderpunch
    fire punch
    earthquke

I love this thing.STAB earthquake hurts a lot.Elemental punchs for coverage

gbc073.gif

Jelly lv 51 @ leftovers
    surf
    icy wind
    barrier
    sludge bomb

This thing is Okay.Icy wind allow me beat faster thing,useful specialy aganish red
    The only one in my team that can take hits,but I wish it had better sp attack

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • A's adventures in Pearl (not platinum)

Began, and got a Piplup (Caesar)
    Picked up a Bidoof (HM Slave 1) and Starly (HM Slave 2)
    Fought Roark, and won handily
    Other stuff that isn't as important as gym leaders
    Attempted to beat Mars, but lost
    Caught Buizel (Motor)
    Began grinding Motor, HM Slave 1, and Caesar.

Sora247_2009

Will Sprite for food!!
    Years
  • Sorry for not updaing, but I finished Kanto. I'm waiting for SS before I start Johto. I'll edit in my final team later.

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
  • Since the last update, I didn't do much things.
    I got my last badge of the game.
    Now, I'm training a lot my pokemon to be able to beat Red.

There is my team:
    Jumpluff - Lv 58
    - Leech Seed
    - Swagger
    - Toxic
    - Headbutt

Parsect - Lv 60
    - Leech Life
    - Spore
    - Slash
    - Dig

Vileplume - Lv 59
    - Giga Drain
    - Sleep Powder
    - Acid
    - Flash

Victreebel - Lv 60
    - Razor Leaf
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Cut
    - Stun Spore

Meganium - Lv 66
    - Strength
    - Earthquake
    - Razor Leaf
    - Iron Tail

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    First Sinnoh Update

After my brutal massacre of League champion, professor, awful trainer and several Police officers, I stowed away on a boat and found myself in Sinnoh. The element of disguise was needed, and so I took hormones to turn myself into a girl. In a small town called Tiwnleaf, Lu-Tze brainwashed a random woman into thinking that I was her daughter. My trademark ass-kicking Pokemon could give me away, so I let them free to roam and massacre. I now call myself 'Faith', cos she is awesome and super-strong like a Fighting-type. Then some random blonde kid ran up to me and started yelling in my face. He was very annoying and I could tell he was gonna be my rival, so I named him 'Buffy'.

Then a lot of stuff happened that I can't remember. Sorry, I started this game a while ago and played up to Floaroma so I could slather crap on trees until a decent Pokemon appears. I did catch a Heracross eventually, and named him Charlie for no particular reason. The first gym was easy, my flaming monkey combined with a poor imitation of Ricky got the job done. Monferno and Machop will remain on my team as support for Charlie (as I hate solo-ing), but they will be removed once I get a Ralts.

Question - am I allowed to used Ralts/Kirlia in gym battles, prior to evolving him into Gallade?

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
    Years
  • First Sinnoh Update

After my brutal massacre of League champion, professor, awful trainer and several Police officers, I stowed away on a boat and found myself in Sinnoh. The element of disguise was needed, and so I took hormones to turn myself into a girl. In a small town called Tiwnleaf, Lu-Tze brainwashed a random woman into thinking that I was her daughter. My trademark ass-kicking Pokemon could give me away, so I let them free to roam and massacre. I now call myself 'Faith', cos she is awesome and super-strong like a Fighting-type. Then some random blonde kid ran up to me and started yelling in my face. He was very annoying and I could tell he was gonna be my rival, so I named him 'Buffy'.

Then a lot of stuff happened that I can't remember. Sorry, I started this game a while ago and played up to Floaroma so I could slather crap on trees until a decent Pokemon appears. I did catch a Heracross eventually, and named him Charlie for no particular reason. The first gym was easy, my flaming monkey combined with a poor imitation of Ricky got the job done. Monferno and Machop will remain on my team as support for Charlie (as I hate solo-ing), but they will be removed once I get a Ralts.

Question - am I allowed to used Ralts/Kirlia in gym battles, prior to evolving him into Gallade?

The question can be asked 389096417864936518946051 times, and the answer will always be the same.

YES.

Zam, please update the first post with this.

rew_s11

ERROR 404
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2016
    Player : Ronaldo
    Badges: 3
    Game: Emerald
    Type: Poison
    Update: 1

- named myself Ronaldo
    - got starter
    - did everything until team aqua on museum,skiped brawly and a lot of trainers
    - caught Oddish
    - returned to dewford town

Brawly:
    I hate this guy,he healed all his pokemons
    Sleep powder and obsorb way machop
    sleep powder,absorb x2-3,poisonpowder and absorb way meditite
    sleep powder and absorb way makuhita

Boring.

- oddish evolved
    - beat rival
    reached malville city
    - beat wally

Wattson:
    Sleep powder + absorb/acid everybody
    stun spore on magneton

Boring.

Current team:
    emesprani044.gif
    ,modest Lv 29
    - absorb
    - acid
    - sleep powder
    - stun spore

Last edited:

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Well now, hold up on the Ralts/Kirlia/Gallade thing for a moment. If you'll recall, you can't use Eevee in Johto on a Water/Fire/Electric challenge because you can't get the required stone until after you've fought the elite four. Same with Poli in a Fighting challenge.

Yes, I know I'm being a jerk about this, but how about we set some sort of requirement for the stone evolutions? This way it's absolutely clear.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • Finally making my second update, almost a month after my first :P

I've got to Blaine by now and assembled a full team, including one HM slave:

Snorlax, Lv. 35
    Spr_1y_143.png

- Body Slam
    - Surf
    - Self-Destruct
    - Psychic

Pidgeotto, Lv. 36
    Spr_1y_017.png

- Fly
    - Wing Attack
    - Quick Attack
    - Swift

Raticate, Lv. 37
    Spr_1y_020.png

- Dig
    - Bubblebeam
    - Ice Beam
    - Hyper Fang

Wigglytuff, Lv. 39
    Spr_1y_040.png

- Flash
    - Double Edge
    - Tri Attack
    - Body Slam

Kangaskhan, Lv. 39
    Spr_1y_115.png

- Take Down
    - Earthquake
    - Mega Punch
    - Skull Bash

Dugtrio, Lv. 31 (HM Slave)
    Spr_1y_051.png

- Scratch
    - Cut
    - Dig
    - Sand Attack

I'll hopefuly update again soon...once I've beaten the Kanto league ;)

GrassGiant

Grass Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    UPDATE TIME! FINALLY!(Half of it got deleted e_e)

Caught Moleb/Shroomish
    Grinded a bit
    Argaw evolved to Lombre
    Defeated Roxanne(Now just click it, I'm doing like this right now
    Okeco evolved to Grovyle

Team:

Okeco M
    Spr_3e_253.gif

Lv 16
    -Pound
    -Pursuit
    -Absorb