• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

11wildy

Me!
Years
  • Another update.

I cleared the radio tower.
    Caught Suicune for HM slave waterfall, Cut and Whirlpool.
    Wen ttrough the ice path
    Beat Clair easily with Vaporeon's Aurora beam and Kindra with Lanturn's Spark.
    Now on my way to teh league.

Team:
    Vaporeon lvl 40
    Surf
    Aurora beam
    Sleep Talk
    Rest

Lanturn lvl 40
    Surf
    Hidden power, yet to find out which type.
    Spark
    Thunder wave
    I deleted Flash on him and gave Shuckie Flash.

I want 1 more team member, will catch it on my way to the league, or at Kanto when I have the Super Rod.

UNtil next time!

Years
  • Alright, the Kanto challenge has begun! Lt. Surge was a OHKO fest thanks to Quagisre, but Sabrina was a lot harder.

Espeon vs Slowking
    I used Swagger first, and then used surf to take it down. Not so difficult, as it's only damaging moves were Swift and Psychic

Mr. Mime vs Feralagtr
    I used Swagger first, and then let the alligator deal with it, as Slowking was low on health.

Alakazam vs Gyarados
    I used Skulkraken due to it's high Spec. Def and attack. Dragonbreath paralyzed on the first turn while Alakazam used reflect, and after that it was a simple matter of stalling out until reflect ended. Once it did I used thrash for the win.

My Team:

Strength
    Leer
    Bite
    Surf
    Quagsire

Surf
    Amnesia
    Earthquake
    Sludge Bomb

Slowking

Icy Wind
    Swagger
    Surf
    ConfusionPoliwrath

Body Slam
    Hypnosis
    Submission
    Waterfall
    Skulkraken

Thrash
    Dragon Rage
    Leer
    Dragonbreath

zarithron

Still learning!
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    hey ill give it a try :) with fire team, red,silver,emerald,and idk about 4th gen game yet ;P :D

11wildy

Me!
    Years
  • I"M THE NEW LEAGUE CHAMPION! (AKA update)

I went trough teh victory road, beat my rival really easily.
    I bought stuff for me league challenge.

The battles:
    Will: He was easy, Spark for the Xatu's and Slowbro, Aurora beam for Executor and Surf for Jynx.

Koga: He was probably the hardest, but not really hard at all. Surf for everything but Crobat, he was beaten by Spark.

Bruno: Easy, Surf on HItmontop, he loses more than half of his health. he uses Dig. I switch to my HM slave and he dies. Switching back and KOed him with Surf. The rest also just Surfing...

Karen: I needed 4 Surfs to KO Umbreon, Aurora beam for Vileplume and Surf for the rest.

Lance: Was definintely the easyest, Spark for Gyarados, Aurora beam for all Dragonites and Surf for Charizard and Aerodactyl.

Now at SS Anne.

Team:

Lanturn 46
    Spark
    Surf
    Take Down
    Thunder wave

Vaporeon lvl 47
    Surf
    Aurora beam
    Rest
    Sleep talk

back to Kanto!

Last edited:

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Give me a U!
    Give me a P!
    Give me a D!
    Give me an A!
    Give me a T!
    Give me an E!

So, my Pokemon and I have come far since our last update. Let me tell you the story of our most perilous journey...

We fought our way to Hearthome City, zooming down Cycling Road and clambering through Mt. Coronet. All of them, save Bibarel, were around lvl. 23 when I reached Hearthome. I healed my Pokemon and set up towards the Contest Hall, where I met my mother and entered Pingu (Prinplup) in a contest. This reminded me why I never enter contests in Sinnoh. With not much else to do, I headed to the gym.

Wesley (Buizel) took down most of the trainers with Pursuit, but I made a point of training Slughorn (Shellos) as well. When I reached the gym leader, Wesley was at level 25 and just on the verge of gaining a level, not 100 EXP away. But I was foolish, and entered the battle anyway.

Leading with Slughorn, I set up a Rain Dance, then used Water Pulse to take down Duskull. Fantina chose her most powerful Pokemon, Mismagius, so I chose Wesley. He tried his best, but his low Special defence was exploited by a powerful Shadow Ball, and Wesley was down. Stuck for Super-Effective moves on my most trained Pokemon, I decided to go with the Pokemon that had served me so well in the last match - Gyarados.

Skulkraken, as he was called, performed excellently, despite being underlevelled. He started off with a Bite, and though he took a Powerful Shadow Ball, he survived it and used Dragon Rage to finish the battle. I decided to keep him in to face Haunter, and his Dragon Rages did not disappoint.

With the Relic Badge pinned to my jacket, I began the long trek to Solaceon and then Veilstone. First though, I had to face my rival. He ambushed me on the way out of Hearthome, and the battle began.

Wesley hit his Staravia hard with a Rock Tomb, and though the opponent tried to avoid the attacks with Double Team, with Swift at my disposal he had no chance. Pyro, my rival, sent out another Buizel to face mine. Mine was lvl. 26 now, having grown a level beating Staravia, and so soundly beat the snot out of his doppelganger. Then my real challenge appeared - Grotle. I decided to take no prisoners and pull out my trump card, Skulkraken. Dragon Rage, Dragon Rage, dead Grotle. Shellos took care of Ponyta with Water Pulse, and Pyro's spirits were once again dampened (ba-dum-ching!).

What? Wesley started evolving after the battle! My Wesley evolved into FLOATZEL!

On my way to Solaceon, I picked up a Good Rod, and quickly headed back to Sandgem town, where I fished up a Finneon, and named it Zoey. Training Finneon took a while, but the VS seeker helped, and eventually she reached lvl. 26 with all my other Pokemon. I made it to Solaceon, rested a while, then carried on the long route to Veilstone. I must note that during this time, Wesley was an absolute beast, as was Skulkraken when I called upon him.

I reached Veilstone, and realised that I could now catch a Remoraid if I went southwards, so I did, and guess what happened? Slughorn and Zoey finally evolved into a shmexy Gastrodon and Lumineon. Finally! I fished up a Remoraid, and now I'm breeding for one with a better nature. I wouldn't normally do this, but the first two I caught both had natures that hindered the Spcl. Atk stat, and since I'm planning a moveset of Charge Beam/Ice Beam/Flamethrower/Psybeam, I really need a decent SA stat.

My team so far:

Wesley/Floatzel
    lvl. 30
    Ability
    - Swift
    - Aqua Jet
    - Rock Tomb
    - Crunch

His speed and power has certainly come in useful, and is an absolute beast with Crunch, but the downside that if he doesn't OHKO something, he's in trouble.

Slughorn/Gastrodon
    Lvl. 30
    Sticky Hold
    - Water Pulse
    - Rain Dance
    - Mud Bomb
    - Body Slam

Finally! This thing is no longer ugly and has gained a Ground sub-type. While it was leaning towards being deadweight before, it's getting a lot more useful after evolving.

Zoey/Lumineon
    Lvl. 31
    Swift Swim
    - Gust
    - Water Pulse
    - Safeguard
    - Attract

Same story as Slughorn, really. Although Attract and Safeguard are occasionally useful, as is the flying-type move.

Pingu/Prinplup
    Lvl. 30
    Torrent
    - Metal Claw
    - Bubblebeam
    - Return
    - Peck

One word for this thing: Solid. He's not bad, and he's not brilliant, but he does his job and takes down most opponents. He should be the star of my team when he evolves and gets one of the best typings in the game.

Skulkraken/Gyarados
    Lvl. 26
    Intimidate
    - Leer
    - Tackle
    - Bite
    - Dragon Rage

Though he's underlevelled, he's still strong enough to beat most opponents with Dragon Rage, the preset damage is very useful. His role is to beat annoying Grass-types like Roselia that could otherwise sweep my whole team.

Tweedledee/Bibarel
    Lvl. 21
    Unaware
    - Water Gun
    - Cut
    - Rollout
    - Rock Smash

How sad it is that once an important member of my team is now relegated to nought but a HM slave. At least it's still bulky enough that I can stick it out in important battles, and it can take a couple of hits while I heal.

Rabid Ditto3 8

Migrating Coconut
    Years
  • Hello everyone, today I begin my Poison Ultimate Monotype challenge!!!

I will be playing through the following games:
    LeafGreen -> Gold -> Emerald -> Platinum

First up, LeafGreen, and I can actually use my starter, Bulbasaur.

So um, that's all for now; I hope to update soon. :)

Years
    • KY
    • Seen Aug 29, 2022
    Time for an update! I know I haven't updated at all yet, but here you go. I beat the first gen using Water Types. Here's my Team:

(what? It's a cool name)

Last edited:

Rabid Ditto3 8

Migrating Coconut
    Years
  • Here is my first official Poison Ultimate Monotype Challenge update!!!

I (Rabid) begin my journey in my room and head my way downstairs... (skip in time) ... and I save right in front of the Bulbasaur Pokeball. And so begins a series of SR'ing to get a half decent nature for my Bulbasaur which I named "Solartank"; I hoped for Modest, settled for Quirky (neutral). I saved once more and proceeded to defeat my rival (Bowser , cool name I know) in my first ever battle, surviving with 3 Hp. After of course delivering the parcel and receiving the Pokedex I traveled to Viridian Forest just past Viridian City, along the way picking up a Pidgey "slave" named Griffin.

Fortunately in the forest I had not needed to return to a Pokemon center. Solartank learned Vine Whip so that helped and I escaped the forest with 0PP in all attack moves. I made haste to a Pokemon center in Pewter City. Obviously just for fun I let that guy East of Pewter City take me to the gym and I bursted through the doors. Solartank's Vine Whip made quick work of Brock's only guard. And after a quick PP restoration at the Pokecenter
    came eagerly back.

The Boulder Badge was fairly easily won. Vine Whip tore through Geodude and out came Onix. Growl and Leech Seed crippled the massive beast and allowed and easy finish with Vine Whip. Solartank emerged victorious and earned me the right to use Flash outside of battle and of course the Boulder Badge as a symbol of my triumph. A quick heal sent me east to Route 3, but not before obtaining the running shoes (yippee!)

I decided to battle Lass Janice and destroy her assortment of lvl 10 Pokes. After the battle a mysterious glow enveloped Solartank and a new creature greeted me. It was an Ivysaur, a new, more mature face. After battling two more chums I healed and came back, and this is where my story halts... for now.

Current Team

Solartank level 17
    -Tackle
    -Poisonpwder
    -Leech Seed
    -Vine Whip

Griffin level 4
    -Tackle
    -(soon to be Cut)
    -(eventually Fly)​

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
    Years
  • 3rd Johto entry
    Version: Crystal
    Type: Grass

Alright, since last time, I've been moving slowly, but steadily through Johto, collecting gym badges and kicking Team Rocket's ass. Recently, I challenged the Pokémon League and failed major. Then I grinded my Pokémon a bit, and now I'm gonna give another try.

Damn, I seriously can't wait to move on to generation 3. Sceptile, Tropius, Ludicolo, Breloom, Cradily, Shiftry, Cradily... It's not gonna be easy deciding on a team.

Anyways, here's my team so far:

Meganium, Lv. 56
    Holding Mysteryberry
    - Headbutt
    - Razor Leaf
    - Body Slam
    - Iron Tail

Parasect, Lv. 56
    Holding PRZcureberry
    - Giga Drain
    - Solarbeam
    - Spore
    - Slash

Weepinbell, Lv. 56
    Holding Miracle Seed
    - Slam
    - Acid
    - Razor Leaf
    - Sleep Powder

Exeggcute, Lv. 56
    Holding Amulet Coin
    - Confusion
    - Hypnosis
    - Solarbeam
    - Strength

Gloom, Lv. 56

- Cut
    - Petal Dance
    - Moonlight
    - Acid

...I know. I desperately need some evolution stones.

11wildy

Me!
    Years
  • Pekin, once you got 1 leaf stone, can't you clone it, or maybe get a Sun Stoen too.

I'm going great! I cleared 5 gyms in kanto already and I only need 3 more!

Lt Surge didn't give Lanturn problems, Surf was enough.
    Janine has really low levels, no problem at all!
    Erika was no problem for Vaporeon's Aurora beam.
    Sabrina was easy with Surf.
    Spark's for Misty!

Team:
    Vaporeon lvl 56
    Surf
    Aurora beam
    Sleep Talk
    Rest

Lanturn lvl 56
    Surf
    Spark
    Thunder Wave
    Zap Cannon

I have to go back to JOtho to get teh radio card so I can continue to Brock. I think I won't go train another pokemon. Can i clone Vaporeon and Lanturn for beating Red?

Charmageddon

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Pekin - If you win the Bug Catching Contest then you get a Sun Stone. Just wait until the day it's on (tomorrow, I think), then save and SR until you get a Pinsir or something and win it.

Charmageddon

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Little update - Can everyone please welcome the newest member of the team, Gunn the OCTILLERY!

Gunn/Octillery
    Lvl. 31
    Suction Cups
    Modest nature
    - Octazooka
    - Aurora Beam
    - Psybeam
    - Focus Energy

Yep, Gunn has made a comeback, apparently evolving from a Pelliper into an Egg, into a Remoraid and then into Octillery. Huh. That makes no sense at all. How would a fish evolve into an octopus?

Anyway, Gunn did some major training down Route 214 (love that place, so many Rock/Ground types to train my water-types against), evolved, and took down all of Maylene's goons with Psybeam. The gym battle itself was a lot harder, I couldn't fight Meditite with Psybeam, so I used Focus Energy and then Octazooka. Gunn's Octazooka is a beast by the way. That took down Meditite, then a crit Psybeam for Machoke. Lucario was a lot harder. Gunn used Octazooka for decent damage, but Lucario used Drain Punch, knocked our Gunn and healed itself. Grr. So I tried my hard hitter, Wesley the Floatzel. I suddenly remembered that Crunch, Rock Tomb and Swift would be useless, so I was left with just Aqua Jet. I did decent damage, but Lucario just Drain Punched it all back again.

Slughorn (Gastrodon) saved the day here. I used Water Pulse and got and lucky confusion, then Lucario kept hitting itself while I used Mud Bomb. Dead Lucario. A bit lucky, but who's counting. Onwards to Pastoria!

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
    Years
  • 4th Johto entry
    Version: Crystal
    Type: Grass

I know how and where to get evolution stones, but thanks anyway (;
    So... The last time, I updated, I was about to challenge the Elite Four. And guess what? I won! (Wauwz...) So, anyway, I took the S.S. Anne to Vermillion City, where I startet taking out the Gym leaders of Kanto one by one. Mostly for the fun and for the training. While owning Kanto, I received a phone call from Gina, the picnicker, who said she had found something for me - And just as suspected, she handed me a Leaf Stone, when I finally got to her! The very second after, I evolved my Exeggcute - Finally!

Team:

Meganium, Lv. 66
    Holding Mysteryberry
    - Headbutt
    - Razor Leaf
    - Body Slam
    - Iron Tail

Parasect, Lv. 64

- Giga Drain
    - Solarbeam
    - Spore
    - Slash

Exeggutor, Lv. 65
    Holding Amulet Coin
    - Psychic
    - Hypnosis
    - Solarbeam
    - Strength

Weepinbell, Lv. 65
    Holding Miracle Seed
    - Slam
    - Razor Leaf
    - Acid
    - Sleep Powder

Gloom, Lv. 65
    Holding Focus Band
    - Cut
    - Petal Dance
    - Moonlight
    - Acid

Now, I just need to win the bug catching contest (which seems to be harder than I thought..) to get a Sun Stone and show Bill's grandpa an Oddish to get a Leaf Stone, and I'll finally have a fully evolved team!

Charmageddon

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Wake has fallen! The battle of the Water Titans mk II has ended with victory for me!

I taught Pingu (ie. Prinplup) Grass Knot and Shadow Claw, then swept through the gym. With difficulty, actually. I made it to the gym leader, and he was very annoying. I led with Wesley (Floatzel) against his Gyarados, and used Rock Tomb for minimal damage. Gyarados responding by kicking my arse with Bite. So I decided, fight fire with fire, and sent out Skulkraken. Skulkraken is awesome. A few Dragon Rages, and no more Gyarados. I switched to Pingu for Quagsire, and 1HKOed it with Grass Knot.

Then Floatzel came along. He used Crunch and lowered my defence, I responded with Grass Knot but he came back again with another Crunch to wipe me out. So I sent out Slughorn the Gastrodon, my wonderful tank.
    Crunch, minimal damage.
    Mud Bomb, sucker!
    Crunch, minimal damage. (:P)
    Body slam and parahax!
    Things were going well until Floatzel had a tiny slither of HP left, and I was about to finish it off when.... Hyper Potion! Then a critical hit Waterfall to knock out Slughorn! :grr:

But remember when I said that Skulkraken was awesome? He really is. I sent him out, Floatzel couldn't do a thing with instantly lowered attack and repeatedly using Waterfall. I Dragon Raged my way to victory, and the Fen Badge!

I wanna keep Skulkraken. He's so awesome it hurts. And Lumineon has the most pathetic attacking moveset in the world. Gust and Water Pulse? Is that it? Only problem is that I don't want to make it too easy for myself... maybe I'll just ditch Lumineon completely so I won't have to waste time training it.... but it's so cute? What do you guys and gals think I should do? You know, if anyone's actually reading this.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    I started the Bug challenge. I'll be doing Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum. I started already! :) I wanted a type which was challenging, and at the same time, allowed diversity.

Without further ado, let's start our Kanto journey!

I got my Pikachu, and then speedrun'D till Veridian forest so I could get my very first bug pokemon: a deadly Caterpie! Caught her, and named her Linda. After that, I went to google and did some research on how to trade pokemon on the same PC. After almost 3 or 4 hours od searching and trying (with no results), I had finally got the answer.

And then my PC crashed.

Yeah. >_>' And apparently, it's the linking program that makes my computer crash. So I decided I could break the rules and hack the pokemon I wanted (Weedle), but imposing myself one condition:

- I can NEVER use it whenever its level is higher than the level-cap established by each badge, in what concerns obeyance of a traded pokemon. So for example, I can't use it if it's at level 10 and I still don't have Brock's badge. This rule basically takes away all the benefits I could take from hacking (since, on a normal scenario, I'd get Weedle anyway -.-'), and takes our the advantage of level boosting. So I think it's a pretty fair trade. Please, topic creator, if you still won't allow it, tell me.

In any case, I grinded both Linda and my sharked Weedle, who I named 'Predator'. I grinded both of them to level 10. That means that they are now fully evolved Butterfree and Beedrill. I deposited Beedrill (since I won't be able to use her until I get Brock's badge), and am now going to face the rival near Indigo Plateau (I haven't even defeated a single trainer aside from him at the beggining... xD)

EDIT:

Decided to keep the Beedrill in the box forever. I only beat random pokemon with it, so no biggie there.

In any case... Butterfree solo'D all the way till Brock, which it defeated with 4 or 5 confusions. It continued soloing through routes and hords of trainers, until it met its new friend, Funghi, at the tunnel. Funghi is a Paras who will be the 2nd member of my team. Together, their power overcame the obstacles of Mt. Moon, and made short work of the Nugget Bridge and following trainers. When I went to face Misty, Linda was at level 24, and Funghi at level 19. Easy Peasy.

Right now, I just got myself a bike. I went to the town where the Pokemon fan club is held, and got the bike voucher. Needless to say, all the trainers in the way were reduced to atoms by the powers combined of Linda and Funghi.

Here's my team so far:

Butterfree 'Linda', lv 25
    Confusion
    PoisonPowder
    SleepPowder
    Supersonic

Paras 'Funghi', lv 23
    Scratch
    Stun Spore
    Leech Life

Last edited:
    Years
  • I finally continued a bit today. I beat Sudowoodo, got the Rock Smash HM, beat my rival and saw the dogs/cats/whatever escaping from the burned tower. Wanted to beat the Kimono Girls but apparently they replaced them by a single Rocket Grunt with a low-level Koffing. That sucks, the Eeveelutions were great for Exp...
    Team is pretty much the same, just everyone is 1 or 2 levels higher and Butterfree learned Psybeam.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back