• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Progress on Yellow Monobug:

~ Clared the S.S. Anne with Funghi, after having taught him Dig (which has proben mighty useful against Rock types)
    ~ Funghi evolved into the almighty Parasect!
    ~ Got a Digglet and made it my Cut Slave.
    ~ Defeated Lt. Surge in one shot (Dig FTW!)
    ~ Only then realized I did not have a Venonat -.-' Got one, named it Psycho!
    ~ Funghi learned Spore! Linda learned Psybeam! Leech Life prooved to be SO useful. When used by Funghi, it does REALLY nice damage, and heals him.
    ~ Went to the Rock Tunnel, making my Pikachu my Flash Slave.
    ~ Defeated all the trainers and the grass gym (Psybeam > all), while levelling up Psycho. He evolved into a Venomoth!
    ~ Defeated the Rockets and Giovanni with Psybeams from Linda, Confusions and Leech Lifes from Psycho, and Scratches and Digs from Funghi!
    ~ Went to the pokemon tower. Psybeams and Confusions wiped it out.
    ~ Beat the fighting Dojo and got Psychic TM from Mr. Psychic. Taught it to Linda. Psycho will get it at level 50.
    ~ Battled some trainers on the way to the Safari Zone... where I got HM Surf, Golden Teeth, and my last two team members: Slasher (Scyther) and Crasher (Pinsir)! (extra points if you get Pinsir's reference)

~ I'm now thinking on a series of topics:
    - Who should get Mega Drain? Funghi has STAB but Psycho and Linda have better special. I'm tending to Venomoth now.
    - Is there a Cut/Surf/Strenght slave?

11wildy

Me!
    Years
  • I BEAT POKEMON CRYSTAL!

Not feeling like going to describe my easy Blaine and Blue fights...

Here was my red fight:

Pikachu VS Lanturn
    PIkachu used Charm.
    Lanturn used Thunder Wave, Pikachu is paralysed.
    Lanturn used Surf
    Pikachu is fully paralysed.
    Lanturn used Surf.
    PIkachu used Thunder.
    Lanturn used Surf.
    PIkachu was KO!

Vaporeon VS Espeon
    Espeon used reflect.
    Vaporeon used Toxic, Espeon is Poisoned.
    Vaporeon used Detect.
    Espeon used Psychic.
    Espeon used Psychic.
    Vaporeon used Surf.
    Vaporeon used Detect.
    Espeon used Psychic.
    Espeon used Psychic.
    Vaporeon used Surf.
    Vaporeon used Detect.
    Espeon used Psychic.
    Espeon got KOed by Poison!

Vaporeon VS Snorlax
    Vaporeon uses Toxic.
    Snorlax uses Amnesia.
    Vaporeon uses Detect.
    Snorlax uses BOdy Slam, atack missed.
    vaporeon uses Surf.
    Snorlax uses body slam.
    Vaporeon uses Detect.
    Snorlax uses Body Slam, atack missed.
    vaporeon uses Surf.
    Snorlax uses body slam.
    I use Max potion.
    Snorlax uses body slam.
    Vaporeon uses Surf.
    Snorlax get Koed by poison.

Vaporeon VS Venusaur
    Venusaur is charging Sunlight.
    Vaporeon used Aurora beam.
    Vaporeon used Detect.
    Venusaur used Solarbeam, attack missed.
    Vaporeon used Aurora beam.
    Vaporeon used Detect.
    I use Max ether on Detect.
    Vaporeon used Detect.
    Venusaur is charging sunlight.
    Vaporeon uses Aurora beam.
    Venusaur is KO!

Lanturn VS Blastoise.
    Blastoise uses Whirlpool.
    Lanturn uses Zap Cannon, Blastoise is paralysed.
    Lanturn uses Zap cannon, attack missed.
    Blastoise fully paralysed.
    Blastoise uses Whirlpool, attack missed.
    Blastoise uses Whirlpool.
    Lanturn uses Zap cannon.
    Blastoise is KO!

Vaporeon VS Charizard
    Charizard uses Wing attack.
    Vaporeon uses Surf.
    Vaporeon uses Surf.
    Vaporeon uses Surf.

I beat Jotho! On to the most boring region, hoenn!

Last edited:
    Years
  • - Who should get Mega Drain? Funghi has STAB but Psycho and Linda have better special. I'm tending to Venomoth now.
    - Is there a Cut/Surf/Strenght slave?
    Teach Venomoth Mega Drain, it has better stats and typing than Buttefree, which really helps especially against Lorelei. Parasect does better as a physical set-up sweeper with Spore+Swords Dance imo.

As a HM slave, i'd say Krabby would be a good choice.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016

Teach Venomoth Mega Drain, it has better stats and typing than Buttefree, which really helps especially against Lorelei. Parasect does better as a physical set-up sweeper with Spore+Swords Dance imo.

As a HM slave, i'd say Krabby would be a good choice.

Yeah, I was just going to do that. Specially cause Butterfree already got a TM and is likely to get another one (Razor Wind possibly). So here are my movesets so far:

Linda: Psychic, Psy Beam, Gust, Poisonpowder
    Funghi: Scratch, Dig, Spore, Leech Life
    Psycho: Psybeam, Confusion, Disable, Supersonic (one of them to be replaced by mega-drain)

and Crasher and Slasher still with basic moves.

On to train them now!

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I have my final team assembled!

I'm gonna squeeze all the EXP out of the Lost Tower, then head to Canaclave.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Just got to the E4. Nothing worth noting, aside from:

- Slasher and Crusher got their names changed for Ace and V-Gun.
    - Parasect solo'D Giovanni after 3 SD with Dig, even if Giovanni's pokes were 13 or 15 levels higher.
    - Psycho's a beast with Psychic.
    - Sold some TMs, and completely revampled the movesets.
    - Caught a Krabby who was my Surf/Strength/Cut slave. Thanks monday sucks!

Anyway, before I start my E4 challenge, let me show you my full, ready team.

V-gun is, I believe, my weakest poke, and also the biggest letdown. While holding massive attack, his lack of movepool make him rather limited. I can't even get EQ. Basically, he attacks stuff on the physical side. Plain and simple. Double-Edge and Submission are there to hit harder whenever I'm getting kinda desperate and am about to lose Pinsir anyway.

This thing just got its Wing Attack, which will be useful for Ghosts. Like V-Gun, Ace is meant for physical side attacking. He can, however, boost up his Speed and Attack in order to attempt a sweep. Also, he Crits often, due to his high speed (which is considered in the critical ratio formula on RBY) and to the fact that, by itself, Slash already provides higher critical ratio.

Funghi was the nicest surprise. Not as slow as I thought he'd be (he's not fast, but he can outspeed on certain ocasions), not only he has the SD + Slash combo Ace also has, but has the all-mighty Spore too. Spore allows you to set-up. Dig is there to deal with the Fire types who get all cocky for getting him with 4x damage, and for Rocks who also SE Funghi.

Not as weak as I'd expect. Actually, Linda is reasonably sturdy. Psychic and Psybeam make a redundant combination, but I need the PP. Razor Wind is normal-type in this gen, which sucks. Solar Beam is just there for Rock/Ground/Water. Not that great, but it's not like I couldn't get much better. Maybe I should have gotten Reflect somewhere in there... I didn't want to have any more status moves (aside maybe from Supersonic, but it has low acc anyway), because...

because Psycho has Toxic. Also has Psychic and Psybeam, and Megadrain for Rocks/Grounds who think they're so smart. Megadrain comboes nicely with Toxic, since it allows more stalling turns. This thing is a freaking beast when it comes to sweeping on the special side.

Well, I'm going now. Wish me luck with the E4!

EDIT: I'm officially done with the 1st gen part of the Ultimate Monotype Challenge, Bug version! Here are the battles with the E4 and Champion:

E4 Lorelei, a.k.a. 'Stop Funghi, Stop!'
    Spoiler:

E4 Bruno, a.k.a. 'Stop Psycho, Stop!'
    Spoiler:

E4 Agatha, a.k.a. 'At least I didn't get as humilliated as the last two.'
    Spoiler:

E4 Lance, a.k.a. 'I R k3wl cuz I haz drag0nz!!!11oneoneoneleven'
    Spoiler:

Pokemon League Champion Gary, a.k.a. 'Not all criticals are good for you.'
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    This challenge looks really neat and I would like to start but I'm still kicking around which type I would like to use.
    I've narrowed my choices down to Psychic, Normal, Rock, Water, and Grass. Possibly Ground since there are so many of the type...and maybe bug though since in all games it's right there at the start...then again, flying would be neat...
    Any recommendations?

Charmageddon

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Water is too easy. Ice and Ground, and you're done. I picked Water because I didn't want to level grind. For other types, you will have to grind. Also, they're are lots of Pokemon to choose from, which means you aren't stuck using the same Pokemon in every game.

Psychic is pretty easy in Gen I, and pretty hard in Gen III. Interesting, but beware that you will always be using Abra.

Excluding the Rock-type gyms early on, Normal types would be probably the easiest option due to their massive movepools.

Starting a Rock monotype made me hate Geodude with a fiery passion. I'd advise against it.

Grass would be pretty neat, a balance between having lots of that type, but not too many. They have a lot of weaknesses, but get lots of status effects. Go for Grass if you want a challenge.

Ground is a great type, STAB Earthquake wrecks anything. Too powerful? Possibly.

Bug is one for the challenge. You'd have to use the worms at the start, but you'd get Heracross, Scyther and the like later on. I may start a Bug monotype after this one
    actually, although I'm thinking about doing a Platinum LP instead. I could do some work I suppose...... haha, yeah right.

Flying is the easiest, next to Normal, because basically everything is paired with Flying, and you get some beastly flying-types early on (Pidgey/Starly and Zubat are annoying, but evolve into damn good Pokemon).

In other news, Byron went down like a sack of potatoes, and I almost got swept by some Ace's Tropius.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    Wow, thanks for the help. I think I'll go with Bug, starting on my Yellow since I can think up my team pretty quickly... and even though I can't get Beedrill I really don't plan on using it ever anyway.
    Okay, I've started and it went like this

• Started the game with Pikachu (Named it Flash:))
    • Beat my rival and his Eevee
    • Delivered Oak's Parcel
    • Bought some Pokeballs (5)
    Okay, now I'm going to have to catch myself a Caterpie and I'll probably train it but for now, I'm out of time.

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
    Years
  • 5th Johto entry
    Version: Crystal
    Type: Grass

This is going to be a looong update...

So... After beating the Elite 4, I started my journey through the Kanto region. I started by taking out Lt. Surge, and then I trashed the rest of the gym leaders one by one, grinding my team in the process. When I had collected all the badges, I went to see Prof. Oak, who allowed me to go to Mt. Silver. This is where I have spent the entire day, grinding and grinding (Of course, grinding is a little easier, when you use an emulator, so I quickly got my team leveled up pretty badly) until my entire team had reached level 85, except Meganium, which I leveled up till level 86. While grinding, Gina called me again, and said she had found yet another Leaf Stone! I was completely stoked, when I received the Leaf Stone from her, and even more stoked to see my Weepinbell evolve into a fierce Victreebel! But anyway, I got all my Pokémon grinded up to at least level 85.

And then I challenged Red.

First up, Meganium vs. Pikachu. This turned out to be way easier than expected - A single Razor Leaf attack delivered by Meganium, and the rodent goes down. Then, he sends out his Venusaur, and I send out Exeggutor. Red quickly withdraws Venusaur and sends out Espeon. After a few tries, I manage to hypnotize Espeon and kill the damn thing with Strength. This is where he sends out the Pokémon, I've been fearing; Charizard. I keep using Exeggutor, hoping to hypnotize the stupid thing, but of course I fail TWICE and end up getting killed by Charizard's Flamethrower. Then I do something unbelievably stupid - Can you believe it? I send out PARASECT, hoping to put Charizard to sleep with Spore! Yes, I send out a rather slow Bug/Grass type against a faster Fire/Flying type - Of course, Parasect is instantly killed by a perfectly delivered Flamethrower. So I send out Meganium, who delivers a critical Body Slam, which paralyzes Charizard and almost kills it. After a weak Fire Spin by the douchebag, I finish him with a Body Slam. Then, Red tries sending out Venusaur again, which end up getting killed by three Body Slam attacks after having used Sunny Day and a weak Solar Beam attack. Now, he sends out Snorlax, and I send out Victreebel, cos' I want to use my entire team in this battle. Victreebel quickly puts the lazy guy to sleep with Sleep Powder and then slowly kills him with a few Razor Leaf attacks. Now, Red only has Blastoise left, so I send out my Gloom to finish it. Gloom's Petal Dance almost does the trick. The Blastoise delivers a Blizzard attack, cutting more than half of Gloom's HP, but then Gloom finishes it with another Petal Dance.

F*CK YEAH!! MOVE ME TO HOENN!!

My final team:

Meganium, lv. 86

- Headbutt
    - Razor Leaf
    - Body Slam
    - Iron Tail

This guy has to be the strongest in my team. His moveset is decent, imo, and great for grinding at Mt. Silver. I still like Typhlosion better, but Meganium has definitely gained my respect. I'm gonna miss this guy.

Gloom, lv. 85
    Holding Focus Band
    - Return
    - Petal Dance
    - Cut Acid

Gloom was like, meh. He never really helped me out big time, but he did finish off Red, although seeing as he was facing a Water-type Pokémon, the victory was pretty much almost certain. Sadly, I didn't get to evolve this guy. I guess he would've been great as a Vileplume or a Bellossom, but he ended up being my weakest Pokémon.

Exeggutor, lv. 85
    Holding Amulet Coin
    - Psychic
    - Hypnosis
    - Solarbeam
    - Strength

If anything, I'm gonna miss having an Exeggutor on my team. I dig Psychic-types, and I love killing everything with a powerful Psychic attack. This fella did great, both in the Pokémon League, when he was just an Exeggcute and in the battle against Red, although he got fried by Charizard eventually.

Parasect, lv. 85

- Giga Drain
    - Solarbeam
    - Spore
    - Slash

Parasect was... Decent. I'm not gonna miss her, but she did well. Getting killed by Charizard was my fault. The stupid moveset is my fault, too. She could've been a great member of my team, and she could've done excellent against Red, if it wasn't for me.

Victreebel, lv. 85
    Holding Miracle Seed
    - Slam
    - Acid
    - Razor Leaf
    - Sleep Powder

After learning Slam, this girl proved herself to be a very decent member of my team. And after evolving into Victreebel, she quickly became one of my favorites together with Exeggutor and Meganium. I'm gonna miss her. I once said I was fed up with Grass/Poison dual-types. I take that back. I'm just fed up with Oddish and its evolutions.. Except Bellossom.

So, yeah, move me to Hoenn!

Years
  • I beat Morty now, without having done all the stuff west of Ecruteak yet. Pie, which i should rename because it isn't a Caterpie any more, destroyed the underlings and Morty's Gastly, but lost against Gengar, which woke up too early. Eeek beat the rest quite easily with Shadow Sneak, i got lucky when the first Haunter's Hypnosis missed and the second Haunter used Curse at less than 50%.

Team:

Pie / Butterfree f Lv. 27 @ /
    Modest Nature / Compoundeyes
    - Gust
    - Shadow Ball
    - Sleep Powder
    - Psybeam
    Very nice in Morty's gym, but sadly not against the Gengar, Psybeam couldn't even 3HKO it...

Eeek! / Ariados m Lv. 25 @ /
    Jolly Nature / Swarm
    - Poison Sting
    - Night Shade
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Dig
    Despite having low BP, Shadow Sneak did huge damage against Morty's Ghosts, i can't wait to get Sucker Punch (but the AI is sometimes quite unpredictable, which might make Sucker Punch difficult to use...)

Forry / Pineco f Lv. 22 @ Quick Claw
    Sassy Nature / Sturdy
    - Take Down
    - Protect
    - Selfdestruct
    - Bug Bite
    With Normal and Bug type attacks, it can't do anything to all these Ghost/Poisons, so it's underleveled

HM Slaves:
    :t158: Lv. 6 (Scratch, Leer, Surf, Cut)
    :t074: Lv. 3 (Tackle, Defense Curl, Headbutt, Rock Smash)
    :t021: Lv. 20 (Leer, Fury Attack, Pursuit, Aerial Ace)

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
    Years
  • 1st Hoenn entry
    Version: Emerald
    Type: Grass

Right, here goes.. I only recently started my Hoenn challenge, but I figured I'd post an update. I'm still somewhat uncertain about my final team, but I'm definitely gonna have Sceptile, Ludicolo and Tropius. Then, I'd like Cacturne or Shiftry. Breloom would be kickass, too. And then Cradily or Bellossom.

Anyway, here's my team so far:

Treecko, lv. 10
    Bold Nature // Overgrow

- Pound
    - Leer
    - Absorb

Lotad, lv. 10
    Serious Nature // Swift Swim

- Absorb
    - Growl
    - Astonish

Charmageddon

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I don't think you can get Ludicolo and Shiftry in the same game without trading. Luckily Cacturne has the same typing, and IMO a better moveset.

Years
  • Seedot is in Emerald, you can trade one for a Ralts in Rustboro, or you can catch one one the route between Oldale and Petalburg, but they're rare, their chance to appear is 1%.

I made a lot of progress today and already had almost completed the Rocket Hideout at Mahagony (i already had received the last password from Murkrow), but the Rom Image crashed (again) so i think i'm back at Ecruteak now, after beating Morty, which sucks.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    I started Crystal today and am already right after the Ice Gym. Here are the highlights of the game so far:

- Picked up Chikorita cause I wanted a challenge (a rival with a type that beats mine)
    - Caught a Weedle and a Spinarak. Named them Predator (this time I get to play with him!) and Webmaster. Predator quickly became a Beedrill. Did the bellsprout tower with them, faced Falkner when they were level 13 and won.
    - Beat Bugsy thanks to Focus Energy + Fury attack by Predator. Easy.
    - Continued till Azalea Forest. Once I got Headbut, got myself a Pineco (Shellshock) and Heracross (Bughamut).
    - Webmaster evolved!
    - Defeated Whitney by quickly disposing of clefairy (Bughamut used Headbut - I bought 2 TMs of this attack, one for him, one for Shellshock), and then poisoning Miltank (thanks Webmaster for that Poison Sting) + Stalling with shellshock (Protect resets Rollout's counter).
    - Defeated Morty using a combination of Night Shade from Webmaster, Rollouting from Shelshock (via TM), healing, and death-foddering with everyone else.
    - Defeated Chuck with some difficulty, using Night Shade and Headbut. Ended the match by Selfdestring my Shellshock.
    - Got myself a Shuckle, named it 'Shuck'. (Shuck Norris wouldn't fit :()
    - Went to face the Red Gyara, collected the Red Scale, traded it for an EXP Share, and equiped it on Shuck. He won't be getting an useful move in some time, so he'll be gaining experience on the bench.
    - Defeated Jasmine with TONS of luck (thanks Iron Tail for missing over 9000 times!), using Rock Smash and Counter from Bughamut, Nightshade from Webmaster, and an almost-damageless Selfdestruct from Shelshock.
    - Defeated Team Rock in Mahogany. Got the Sludge Bomb TM and realised I could have BOTH Webmaster and Predator with it if I bred.
    - Went to get more Weedles and Spinaraks and did some breeding-games until I finally got a Spinarak and a Beedrill with Sludge Bomb. Raised the new 'Webmaster' and 'Predator'. The old ones went to a special box. After comparing the stats, I'd say the new ones are better.
    - Beat the Ice Gym with Night Shade and Dig from Webmaster. (which I taught after breeding)

So here is my team right now:

Bughamut (Lv 27 Heracross): Counter, Rock Smash, Endure, Headbut
    Webmaster (Lv 28 Ariados): Night Shade, Sludge Bomb, Leech Life, Dig
    Predator (Lv 30 Beedrill): Twineedle, Fury Attack, Pursuit, Sludge Bomb
    Shelshock (Lv 28 Pineco), holding Quick Claw: Headbut, Protect, Selfdestruct, Rollout
    Shuck (Lv 31 Shuckle), holding Exp. Share: Encore, Bide, Wrap, Mud-Slap

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    Alright I'll do a water mono type run in blue:

-I started my adventure
    -Withdrew the potion from the PC
    -Picked my starter (Hydron)
    -Battled my rival, Jacob (Won)
    -Proceeded through route 1, got a potion from some guy who works at a mart, and trained Hydron up two levels (level 8) and learned Bubble
    -Healed up at the Pokemon Center
    -Got Oaks Parcel
    -Went back to Pallet Town, reached level 9 with Hydron on the way
    -Delivered the parcel
    -Got a Pokedex
    -Got the map from Daisy
    -Went back through route 1, reached level 10 with Hydron on the way
    -Arrived back in Viridian city, finding a potion hidden in a tree
    -Went out to route 22 and battled Jacob again.
    -My rival won this first round. It was near impossible because of sand attack, leech and growl.
    -Trains Hydron up to level 13 (up 2 levels)
    -Rematches Jacob (Wins)
    -Went through route 2
    -Battled through the forest reaching level 14 with Hydron and found the items: Potions (2), Pokeballs, and Antidote (2).
    -Reached the end of Route 2
    -Entered Pewter City
    -Battled the gym trainer, reached level 15 with Hydron and learned Water Gun
    -Battled Brock, reached level 16, Hydron evolved
    -Got the BoulderBadge from Brock, along with TM 34 - Bide
    -Went out to Route 3, skipping as many trainers as possible but Hydron reached level 18 anyways.
    -Bought Magikarp (Fear) of a man in the Mt. Moon Pokemon Center
    -Trained Fear up against the trainers I skipped.
    -Trained my team, Fear evolved at level 20 and Hydron reached level 25

More tommorow :P

11wildy

Me!
    Years
  • Huge update!

I chose Mudkipz as my starter.
    Went to Petalburg city, helped Wally to catch a Ralts and then continued to Rustboro city.
    Beat the Rock gym easily with Water Gun from Mudkip, which evolved after the gym leader.
    Got the devon goods back and went to Dewford.
    Beat the gym by using the X-Defense, Special and Accuracy I found.
    Delivered the letter to Steven.
    Went to slateport and went into the musuem to rescue capt Stern.
    Beat Wattson easily with 3 Mud Shots, none missed.
    Continued and beat team Magma and retrieved the meteorite.
    Beat Flannery by a few Muddy waters.
    I went back to Petalburg to challenge my father.
    2 Muddy waters for the Slakings and 1 for the Vigoroth.
    Then, I went Surfing and caught a Maril, gave him the rare candy I found and he evolved. I'm now on my way to Slateport so I can continue.

Team:

Azumaril lvl 33
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Strenght
    Rollout

Swampert lvl 43
    Surf
    Mud Shot
    Strenght
    Rock Tomb <- Must be replaced soon.

Thatr's it for now!

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Update on Ultimate Monotype Bug Challenge, 2nd Gen:

- Beat Claire easily with Sludge Bomb
    - Caught Suicune
    - Almost caught Raikou and Entei x)
    - Went all the way till the Victory Road, humilliated my Rival, and bought all the necessary items.

So, I'm going to face the E4. This challenge has been loads of fun. Here's my team for this playthrough (all of them are level 41):

Predator
    ~ Sludge Bomb
    ~ Swift
    ~ Pursuit
    ~ Twineedle

This thing isn't as tough to beat as I'd like it to be, but it does its job fairly well. Sludge Bomb is his main means of attacking, and he's good enough to ease the work for the rest of my team.

Webmaster @ Quick Claw
    ~ Sludge Bomb
    ~ Dig
    ~ Leech Life
    ~ Night Shade

A fairly better version of Predator. Sludge Bomb is his main attack, though Night Shade allows some constant damage. Specially on Steels. Dig goes for Rocks and Steels as well, two types I usually have trouble with, due to my limited movepool. Leech Life is better than I expected, just like it was with Venomoth when I played Yellow. Quick Claw makes up sometimes for her not-that-high speed.

Shellshock
    ~ Headbutt
    ~ Protect
    ~ Rollout
    ~ Explosion

This thing is hard to take down. Protect is helpful for stalling (and saved me from Miltank's all-mighty Rollout-sweep), Rollout is VERY useful on him (since he does survive enough turns to hit REALLY hard), Headbutt is there for quick disposal, and Explosion for desperate measures. Like that Kingdra dude >_>'

Shuck @ Mistery Berry
    ~ Sandstorm
    ~ Bide
    ~ Rest
    ~ Encore

Okay, so he's not that great. He doesn't have Toxic, cause I still can't get it this early. He has Sandstorm though. With insane defenses, his primary goal is to stall. Sandstorm will get more useful now, and Bide is very handy sometimes. Mistery Berry is there because with so much stalling, he'll need his PP back.

Bughamut @ Amulet Coin
    ~ Return
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Rock Smash
    ~ Counter

My main damage dealer. Quite effective, even though I'd LOVE a good fighting attack. He can't even learn Dynamic Punch in this generation. I wish Brick Break was 2nd gen :( In any case, Rock Smash hits harder than I expected, but most importantly, lowers defense. EQ is arguable the best offensive move out there, and Return hits fairly hard too. Amulet Coin is there just because. >_>

Well, I'm off facing the E4! Wish me luck!

EDIT:

It has been done ^^ Quite easy actually. For those who care, here is an overview of each battle.

Natu Battle
    Spoiler:

Koga Battle
    Spoiler:

Bruno Battle
    Spoiler:

I-don't-know-her-name Battle
    Spoiler:

Lance Battle
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    Today:

-I got through Mt Moon, Fear reached level 23 on the way
    -Battled Jacob at the bridge, Fear killed everything with Bite
    -Battled my way up to Bills house reaching level 26 with Fear again learning the move Dragon Rage, which certainly helped against those rock types.
    -Turned Bill back to a Human and got a Ship Ticket
    -Beat Misty and The Cerulean Gym, Hydron reached level 26 in the battle.
    -Battled a Rocket outside the city, who gave me the TM for dig.
    -Caught a HM Slave (Bellsprout) south of Cerulean and went through the underground path
    -Battled the trainers reaching level 27 with Fear and 28 with Hydron
    -Reached Vermilion City and went east to fight some trainers
    -Went on the SS (Cue "I'm On A Boat!" Song)
    -Beat all the trainers and Jacob. Everything on Jacobs Team was OHKOed by Body Slam from Fear (Taught Hydron Bubblebeam and Mega Punch and Taught Fear Body Slam)
    -Got HM 1 - Cut - from the captain of the ship and left
    -Went to challenge Lt. Surges Gym. I wasn't too confident about it... Both of my team members were at level 31
    -Somehow I won without taking any damage! Fear killed everything quickly with a deadly Body Slam!
    -Got the thunderbolt TM, somehow Fear can learn it. I don't want it to though.
    -Went back through the underground path, east of Cerulean and battled my way to rock tunnel
    -Began the adventure through Rock tunnel
    -Reached the end of Rock Tunnel, battled my way to Lavender Town
    -Trained against the trainers to the south, Hydron evolved into a Blastoise
    -Went west to Cealedon city, via the underground path
    -Got Eevee (Aquarys) and evolved it using a Water Stone
    -Gave a girl some drinks in exchange for 3 TMs, containing Ice Beam, Tri Attack and Rock Slide!
    -Bought a fresh water to bribe the guards who stopped me going through Safron earlier
    -Found a secret switch behind a poster in Cealadon game corner. Pressed it.
    -Battled Team Rocket
    -Battled Giovanni, won easily, got the silph scope

I think I'll leave off here. Next time I'll take on Erika!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back