• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread

Yams

Polursaring!
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    Also the differences in the beta artwork compared to the supposedly comnpleted art of the second stage starters further prove that they are real. If someone was copying them wouldn't they try to copy them perfectly. However if they are real it makes sense that they would be tweaked from the original artwork.

And can people stop saying how obvious it is that they are fake, when while it may seem obvious to them it is just as likely that they are real.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Hoping they are real only because Water is overdue for a badass starter final form. Grass has had its moments and Fire gets one almost every region. Its Water's time to take the spot light XD

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    I like that they seem to finally be having a bulky Fire-type starter. Even though I hope it is not Fire/Fighting-type, if it is at least it would be different enough in other regards, like stats.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread

Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread

The Beta Art isn't final. Yes, Jessi and James are in the same pose as the beta art, but Meowthe is not. I think Meowthe may have had a little tweeking from the earlier series. I don't remember him having blue in his eyes before.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • *Crosses fingers and hopes the new starter evolutions are fake*

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
  • I'm not believing anything until it's 100% confirmed beyond doubt that the final evolutions of Smugleaf, Boarbeque and Wotter are real. As long as there is a chance, however small, that they're fakes, I'll keep clinging to it. I love the three basic starters, and their first evolutions, but the final stage ones are simply just not what I was hoping for, none of them. I'll still choose Tsutaja, but seriously, I think they could have done better (assuming, again, that they're real, which I hope is not the case).

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • *Crosses fingers and hopes the new starter evolutions are fake*

My hope exactly. Those anthromorphic Pokabu evos are huge turn-offs. And I was hoping the final evo would have a bomb worked into its rear design... I know Game Freak and Ken Sugimori are capable of much better 5th-gen starter evo masterpieces than those atrocities that are being rumored as real...

Years
  • I'm not believing anything until it's 100% confirmed beyond doubt that the final evolutions of Smugleaf, Boarbeque and Wotter are real. As long as there is a chance, however small, that they're fakes, I'll keep clinging to it. I love the three basic starters, and their first evolutions, but the final stage ones are simply just not what I was hoping for, none of them. I'll still choose Tsutaja, but seriously, I think they could have done better (assuming, again, that they're real, which I hope is not the case).

are Smugleaf, Boargeque and Wotter the comfirmed english names?

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
  • are Smugleaf, Boargeque and Wotter the comfirmed english names?

LOLNO. Their evolutions haven't been confirmed yet, so why would you think their English names are? We don't even know the rest of the Isshu Pokemon. XD

no, they are just fan made names. Some of the japanese names are hard to remember for foreigners.

I actually have no trouble remembering their Japanese names; I just think their Internet nicknames are lulzy.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Been reading 2ch and come up with this:

くろおびを持たせてLVアップで
    かくとうタイプのデュアル

やわらかいすな持たせてLVアップで
    じめんタイプのアスラ

メタルコートを持たせてLVアップで
    はがねタイプのスティル

なつき度最大&りゅうのウロコ持たせてLVアップで
    ドラゴンタイプのドリュー

これマジ情報な
    Pretty much the poster says this information is serious.
    There are going to be 4 more eeveelutions:

The first is level up while holding the black belt into a fighting type.
    The second is level up while holding soft sand into a ground type.
    The third is level up while holding a metal coat into a steel type.
    The last is level up while holding dragon scale into a dragon type.

Personally, these sound really fake.
    EDIT: I highly doubt this information as it was coming from a thread that was about thinking up eeveelutions, but the poster seemed to think that it was serious.

Last edited:

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
  • Ohh happy days! and some douche called me a n00b because I wanted these to be real when they thought they were fake :P sucks to be you!

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Been reading 2ch and come up with this:

Pretty much the poster says this information is serious.
    There are going to be 4 more eeveelutions:

The first is level up while holding the black belt into a fighting type.
    The second is level up while holding soft sand into a ground type.
    The third is level up while holding a metal coat into a steel type.
    The last is level up while holding dragon scale into a dragon type.

Personally, these sound really fake.
    EDIT: I highly doubt this information as it was coming from a thread that was about thinking up eeveelutions, but the poster seemed to think that it was serious.

Considering two of those are Trade to Evolve Items, this seems very likely to be fake. This looks like an idea from a Pokemon RP forum.

Bamboo Basara

Pokemon Historian
    Years
  • The grass one is awesome, all 3 stages are great.
    The water one turned out much better than I was expecting and I would definitely consider picking it as my starter.
    The fire starter is too bulky for me. I don't think that evolutionary family will be growing on me, although I do love Pokabu.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • My hope exactly. Those anthromorphic Pokabu evos are huge turn-offs. And I was hoping the final evo would have a bomb worked into its rear design... I know Game Freak and Ken Sugimori are capable of much better 5th-gen starter evo masterpieces than those atrocities that are being rumored as real...

I know right? =P I particularly agree with what you've put in bold there: it just dosen't seem like any of Sugimori's styles for pokemon.

I think Tsutaja's final stage in particular is a big turn off. Having no limbs is going to seriously limit its capabilities. And, call me old fashioned, but I don't recall any pokemon who lose limbs upon evolution altogether (except coccoons, who regain them when they evolve).

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • On the Mijumaru evo, it's not the first starter, let alone the first Pokemon in general, to go under such a drastic change in evolution:

Charmander did it with Charizard (yes, this goes all the way back to Gen 1), turning from a simple salamander into a fire breathing dragon, yet it was still recognizable, Torchic did the same with Blaziken, it was kinda recognizable, but not as drastic as Mijumaru did. Even the Sinnoh starters did this with the evolutions, yet Turtwig was still a turtle, and Piplup was still a penguin.....

On non-starters, we were given Magikarp to Gyrados, and Dragonair to Dragonite, which were the first to use such an evolution, then we were given Furret, Scizor, and Tyranitar, Trapinch was just like Mijumaru, now Flygon is one of the most popular Pokemon out there, the list goes on:

Eevee essentially LOVES this trope
    Smoochum to Jynx
    Elekid to Electabuzz
    Zigzagoon to Linoone
    Seedot to Nuzleaf to Shiftry
    Nincada to Ninjask
    Slakoth to Vigoroth to Slaking
    Feebas to Milotic
    Snorunt to Glalie and Froslass
    Clampearl to Huntail and Gorbeyss
    Bagon to Shelgon to Salamence
    Beldum to Metang to Metagross
    Bronzor to Bronzong
    Bonsly to Sudowoodo
    Mime Jr. to Mr. Mime
    75% of all Bug Pokemon

Basically, Mijumaru seems to be going after this trope, who knows really, this evolution might just become one of the most popular Pokemon, just like Flygon did.....

Back