• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
  • The types are apparently already confirmed.[S-HIGHLIGHT] For the bolded part, No one ever said they were supposed to be[/S-HIGHLIGHT] .

As for opinion based. I want Tsutaja's Final Evo to change. out of the three, I find that one the least appealing. Rating wise, Miju 8/10, Poku 6/10, Tsuta 2/10.

Hopefully within a week or so if someone is capable of cracking it to get all the info from it.

I know they weren't supposed to be, but it's kind of expected. You don't see Bulbasaur and Turtwig all of a sudden standing upright in their final stages after being quadrupedal for two stages in a row (primarily because they have plant(s) to support on their back). As far as I have seen, if a starter family starts off quadrupedal, they're likely going to remain quadrupedal through the final stage. Same goes for bipedal.

The Cyndaquil, Mudkip, and Chimchar families are the only starter families AFAIK that "switch" their 'pedalism'. For those families, I see them alternating between both bipedalism and quadrupedalism at times. With the current rumored final stages of the Gen V starters, the Pokemon seem like they would have a very hard time alternating between movements; as a result, they only engage in one type of movement. There doesn't seem
    to be any particular reason why Mijumaru, who was able to walk fully upright for 2 stages, is now restricted to using all four extremities for movement. With Pokabu, I can see its hindlegs 'becoming strong enough to support Pokabu's evo's whole body', but the change doesn't really seem plausible, IMO...

Bipeds usually stay bipeds, quadrupeds stay quadrupeds, unless they gain the ability to alternate... Then again, evolution is all about drastic changes, so movement could be subject to such great changes as well...

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Whew, dodged a flame war there, anyhow I like that pokabu is quadropedal, even if its evos aren't because it seems like all the quadropedal pokemon are grass nowadays, its a refreshing change

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I know they weren't supposed to be, but it's kind of expected. You don't see Bulbasaur and Turtwig all of a sudden standing upright in their final stages after being quadrupedal for two stages in a row (primarily because they have plant(s) to support on their back). As far as I have seen, if a starter family starts off quadrupedal, they're likely going to remain quadrupedal through the final stage. Same goes for bipedal.

The Cyndaquil, Mudkip, and Chimchar families are the only starter families AFAIK that "switch" their 'pedalism'. For those families, I see them alternating between both bipedalism and quadrupedalism at times. With the current rumored final stages of the Gen V starters, the Pokemon seem like they would have a very hard time alternating between movements; as a result, they only engage in one type of movement. There doesn't seem
    to be any particular reason why Mijumaru, who was able to walk fully upright for 2 stages, is now restricted to using all four extremities for movement. With Pokabu, I can see its hindlegs 'becoming strong enough to support Pokabu's evo's whole body', but the change doesn't really seem plausible, IMO...

Bipeds usually stay bipeds, quadrupeds stay quadrupeds, unless they gain the ability to alternate... Then again, evolution is all about drastic changes, so movement could be subject to such great changes as well...

Starters aren't the only Pokemon to do this. Slowpoke to Slowbro/king goes from Quad to Bi. Meowth goes from Bi to Quad. Its more common for Pokemon to switch than you think.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    After seeing the evolutions, I think Mijumaru might be the best... Well... uhhh... not counting the unicorn-like final evolution. X33 But Futachimaru looks absolutely adorable, but I REALLY miss the orange clown nose it lost once it evolved from Mijumaru... No more clown jokes. D:,

Tsutaja's (OK, I REALLY am confused, so many people spell Tsutaja either: Tsutaaja, Tsutarja or Tsutaja... what's up with that?) second evolution looks very feminine-like, but I really like that about it. It's been a while since we've had an even slightly femmie starter (I guess it ended with Chikorita...). But has anyone payed attention to the disappearance of the yellow ring around its eyes that Tsutaja had? I really liked that. 3:

EDIT: Oh, wait... Shouldn't I be saying this in the Starter Discussion thread...? Sorry, Forever. D:
    Lol, I really suck at obeying the rules... x3
    It's okay, since you were discussing the final evolutions, but when people just have one or more posts discussing the confirmed ones, then yeah, that'd belong in the starter discussion thread.
    I don't understand? What do you mean by censor bypassing?

I'm almost 100% sure the final evos are real, now that we've seen Pokabu's evo on that page with Aloe in the new Coro Coro scans, which was revealed along with the final stage evos.

Using ********** to represent words (lol that didn't even represent anything).

Mhm, but still, until they're confirmed, I can still keep my hopes up (though I think the designs will change a bit, considering Futachimaru isn't the same as it was in the original beta artwork, or the "leaked" artwork.

Bluemoon

Bluemoon
    Years
  • Just a while ago I visited poke beach. I checked nall the pokemom that have been revealed so far. I HATE the pokemon that looks like an ice cream and the pokemons that has smiley face on them they looked so unreal and lame!!!!

Years
  • Just a while ago I visited poke beach. I checked nall the pokemom that have been revealed so far. I HATE the pokemon that looks like an ice cream and the pokemons that has smiley face on them they looked so unreal and lame!!!!

Well, the Pokemon with the supposed smiley face... that's just an accessory in the Pokemon Musical. And the ice cream Pokemon is rather... uncreative... but that's how Pokemon started out in the first place, I guess. xD

Rankurusu

WHITE VERSION AT LAST!!
    Years
  • Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread

Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread

I give these two a thumbs up and a spot on my team. If pokebeach was right, and they are real.
    Pictures from Pokebeach.com

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Also the Ice cream one is only fan art I hope the real Ice cream cone looks cooler...I just remember wasn't there a ice cream vendor in some city...I wonder if they give you that pokemon's basic form...

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I can't see what people are so crazy about for those two Ghost Pokemon. I want to like them really badly, but I just can't. :( They don't tickle my fancy one bit, apart from their typing. I really hope the official artwork makes me change my mind.

The Red Chain

So those are our presumed Fire/Ghosts? I gotta say, they look very interesting, especially the basic form. It's very cute. <3 I hope it actually comes out looking like that. :'D The lanturn is a little silly, but the itty bitty candle is love.

I agree with the other users above, the ice cream cone is a pretty dumb idea to me. I really hope it doesn't look like that fanart, and isn't JUST an ice cream cone with a face. Otherwise this'll be the first Pokemon of Generation 5 that I'm disappointed in. D:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • So those are our presumed Fire/Ghosts? I gotta say, they look very interesting, especially the basic form. It's very cute. <3 I hope it actually comes out looking like that. :'D The lanturn is a little silly, but the itty bitty candle is love.

I agree with the other users above, the ice cream cone is a pretty dumb idea to me. I really hope it doesn't look like that fanart, and isn't JUST an ice cream cone with a face. Otherwise this'll be the first Pokemon of Generation 5 that I'm disappointed in. D:

It would be ironic is the Ice cream cone became OU or Uber :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    I am looking forward to every 5th gen pokemon so far..confirmed or not I havent had issues with any of the pokemon in any gen really...Though I am looking forward to the candle , Ice cream and trashbag pokemon :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    Remember kids dont keep your ice cream pokemon in the sun...or bad things will happen.

Back