• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Underrated Pokemon You Use

Years
  • LOL, I honestly based it on the reaction of people when I said I wanted one for competitive battles. :P

Not really sure how to qualify something as underrated, so I just used that as a measure with this one.

What were their reactions? If they said Gale Wings Talonflame was ****, then they don't know how overpowered Gale Wings Talonflame is. It might drop off a bit in usage once new 'mon hype fades, but right now Talonflame is far from underrated.

If you don't believe me, below is Top 10, Talonflame at 3 right behind Aegislash and Greninja, respectively.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I love using my Altaria. I've captured it while I was on my way to Victory Road. Its nature is Adamant, which is good as it gives boost to its Attack stat. This Pokémon's got a lot of physical-based moves in its arsenal, so the more Attack it has, the more advantage that it can take of those moves. Right now, Altaria knows the following moves: Dragon Dance, Outrage, Roost, and Earthquake. Earthquake and Dragon Dance are the ones that I use mostly. I use Outrage only when the opponent's down to their last two Pokémon. d: As for Roost—it's there just so I can keep its health at a balanced level.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Spoiler:
    Klefki, wait wut. I must've missed an important competitive breakthrough with Klefki. ._.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    Furfrou, I love this pokemon. It has so much troll potential in battle with the right build and move set.
    I did have someone on a twitch steam when i battled him pretty much insult my furfrou xD i loled. I use pokemon i like to battle with, win or lose, not ones just to win thats boring.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • What were their reactions? If they said Gale Wings Talonflame was ****, then they don't know how overpowered Gale Wings Talonflame is. It might drop off a bit in usage once new 'mon hype fades, but right now Talonflame is far from underrated.

If you don't believe me, below is Top 10, Talonflame at 3 right behind Aegislash and Greninja, respectively.

Spoiler:

Well, to me the only real surprise in that list is actually Scizor. Of course the people who tried saying Talonflame sucked were on IRC ... lol. Aegislash is overrated to me, but it doesn't surprise me that people use it a lot. As I said, I just had the opinions of some people to go on when making that call, so I concede it may not be as underrated as I thought.

Years
  • Klefki has Prankster. With good bulk it's an extremely useful utility Pokemon. Not only spikes, but it's useful for laying out dual screens. Its typing and good defensive stats compared to other Pranksters 'mons really benefits it as well. Though I'm still a bit surprised at it making top 10. Its usage will probably drop off a bit as metagame develops but nonetheless Klefki is a solid utility 'mon IMO.

Troll Klefki is probably the most popular. Parafusion is an incredibly annoying combo, and using Foul Play after Swagger nets huge damage.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    as far as underrated goes i enjoy using gliscor, ninetails, crobat, gigalith, and clawitzer. and manectric or kangaskhan as my mega. and atm i'm raising an accelgor that i'll prob throw in the mix as well

Garlana

The boy who never grew up.
    Years
  • Pinsir...he's awesome, aesthetically, attack wise and he still gives me that feeling of nostalgia I had in my very early teen years when playing red/blue,(I'm 27 and still play these games!) I'm currently trying to masuda one. I'd use it over heracross any day.

ProjectMisfit

The fear of an inconceivable ending.
    Years
  • My Electivire seems under-rated, although it's my baby :3 I've got it leading my team for ranked battling.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I have got a sneasel cant find a razor claW.
    It has such bad IV according to the judge guy but I still like him and keep him :D

Moriarty

Lord of Areagan
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2017
    Beedrill. Giovanni's Beedrill was so awesome that I always use a Beedrill now.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I used Swanna during the main story. It does nicely as long as it's not fighting an electric type. I wanted to use one last gen but Samurott was my starter.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2018
    Flareon, Seviper and Swoobat are my go-to Pokemon of the past few gens (Swoobat since last gen). Flareon is widely considered the worst of the Eeveelutions which is probably why I have a soft spot for him... I always root for an underdog. Not to mention he's an adorable Fire-type ;) Seviper was an instant fascination for me, too. Great design, varied movepool and can be a lot of fun to use. As for Swoobat, he's remarkably cute in an unorthodox way! He has great speed, I like his dual typing and with Calm Mind/Future Sight he can be really beneficial to use.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • In my Y version, I FINALLY used a Yanmega who I named Delta Heavy. I'd been craving to use one forever!! I used her as my Psychic and Fighting counter and it was awesome. She demolished too many OP Psychics to count.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    I use Armaldo a lot nowadays, if the team match-up is well fit, it can be a very good wall or a decent sweeper, and it's ability Battle Armor is very useful as well if it's up against someone with Stone Edge, but it doesn't take it well either way if poor EV trained.

And also Arcanine, it's getting kicked into a trash can nowadays with better Fire types being introduced, but I think it's quite useful when the right moment arrives.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    I beat Y with a fairly standard team it seems. (Charizard, Lucario, Doublade, Gardevoir, Azumarill and Krookorok) The gymleaders, team flare and E4 were a faceroll. And the champ was a faceroll until Gardevoir, and then it took out all but two pokes.

So, in X, I'm doing something nonstandard but fun so far. A team of Eeveelutions. Sylveon, Espeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Vaporeon and Umbreon. So far it's been a bit more of a challenge, but it has been fun and still fairly easy. I think with any thought about a multi-utility team to take on most possibilities, that you can use whatever pokemon you want to and enjoy.

I know that the Eevee family has never really been competitive, but I have always liked the idea and the looks of all of them. I very much look forward to getting the other half of the Eevee types over the coming years/games.

Last night I went through two gyms, Lumiose and Laverre. Jolteon with dig, facerolled Lumiose. Laverre was a bit of a battle, since there was no really strong Poison or Steel attacks at that point in the game that I was able to dig up. But still, only had 1 fainted poke at the end.

Making for a pretty enjoyable second playthrough.

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
  • I like using my heracross. Caught him at lv. 30 in froend safari and now it's lv 60 from training it in battle chateau. Loved him since 2nd gen. And another one, don't know if it's underrated or not, aurorus, sooo coolto use in battle.

Back