• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unhappiest Pokemon? - who would it be?

Kavii

forever my furret
Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    So I was playing Soul Silver and thinking about Happiness levels - how they are gained and how they are lost - and was wondering which Pokemon would be the least happy by default if one follows the 'rules' on how Happiness levels are gained or lost. If one goes by the anime and manga series, I suppose the 'rules' might be a bit different.

Considering that Pokemon lose Happiness when fainting, I was thinking that maybe the Self-Destructing and Cursing Pokemon might be the unhappiest if only because they keep fainting themselves!

In which case, I vote for the Koffing and Geodude family - they're always Self Destructing every time I see them!

Any thoughts or ideas?

MrGhost

Spooky Scary~
    Years
  • In technical terms, I'd say Electrode, Graveler, and Weezing due to their high suicide ratings.
    But realistically, I'd say cubone. Apparently the cracks on it's bone head/helmet are tears stains. It cries because it misses it's mother, which it supposedly will never see again.
    Now that's a depressed pokemon. Very cute though.

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years
  • i think that magikarps must be pretty unhappy, disregarding the game mechanics (though they do die easily in the wild)

they're pretty vulnerable and neglected, having nothing to do but splash around until a generous trainer comes along and trains it to a gyarados

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    In technical terms, I'd say Electrode, Graveler, and Weezing due to their high suicide ratings.
    But realistically, I'd say cubone. Apparently the cracks on it's bone head/helmet are tears stains. It cries because it misses it's mother, which it supposedly will never see again.
    Now that's a depressed pokemon. Very cute though.

I totally forgot about Cubone and yeah, I agree with your sentiment that such Pokemon with such kinds of pasts/histories would be most unhappy.

Additionally, I would think that any Pokemon who has been neglected by their Trainer would be severely depressed.

The Stray Charmander episode really hit that point home. He wasn't about to fade away just because he got hurt but because he got neglected and was stuck in really poor circumstances.

i think that magikarps must be pretty unhappy, disregarding the game mechanics (though they do die easily in the wild)

they're pretty vulnerable and neglected, having nothing to do but splash around until a generous trainer comes along and trains it to a gyarados

Yeah, that would make sense. Though when I think about the Lake of Rage and how the fish were so unhappy about being evolved too soon, it makes me wonder. Also, the Magikarp are apparently being caught by fishermen; I don't know if that would make them happy, either!

Speaking of which, I've caught a boxful of Magikarp and I don't think I've ever caught a Jolly one before.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • I'd say any Pokemon that can OHKO a Pokemon 12 levels higher than itself with Frustration is the pinnacle of neglected, and yes, I've seen it happen.

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    I'd say any Pokemon that can OHKO a Pokemon 12 levels higher than itself with Frustration is the pinnacle of neglected, and yes, I've seen it happen.

Yeaaaaaaah. Say, do you remember which Pokemon it was who was able to do this? Was it one of those exploding/self-destructing/cursing Pokemon?

Cubone. Poor little guy lost his mom in R/B/Y and FR/LG. :[

... Makes me wonder if you could ever catch a wild Jolly Cubone considering its background story.

mmm I would say Primape. That vein on its head never goes away.....

LOL! Frustrated for sure! If I ever caught a Jolly Primape, I'd have to wonder.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2010
    Well.... specifically, the Marowak in the Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town. It seems pretty sad to me.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Among these woeful beings, I'd like to insert Mewtwo. Poor emo kid comes into being as a cheap copy of another being, tests all day long, runs away from home, sits in a cave all day and night, and gets hisself caught.

-____-

Mechanics-wise, he also has one of the lowest base happiness ratings among all Pokemon.

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    I'd have to say tangrowth because he doesn't get enough love(in terms of usage =P) so he hides his real form behind those big bushes of hair since he thinks no one would want to see it anyway lol

but hey, he's got a fan right here <---

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    Well.... specifically, the Marowak in the Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town. It seems pretty sad to me.

Come to think of it, the Electrodes at Team Rocket's hideout in Mahogany Town looked awfully sad to me, too. All hooked up to the machines so their electricity can be sapped away. I actually ended up capturing 2/3 of them so I wouldn't have to faint them.

Also, I think if you take them back to the Hideout, their dialogue conversation shows them being really scared or something. *goes to check* Electrode is trembling!

D'awww.

Among these woeful beings, I'd like to insert Mewtwo. Poor emo kid comes into being as a cheap copy of another being, tests all day long, runs away from home, sits in a cave all day and night, and gets hisself caught.

-____-

Mechanics-wise, he also has one of the lowest base happiness ratings among all Pokemon.

The lowest base happiness makes a heck of a lot of sense considering his backstory. Poor guy.

I'd have to say tangrowth because he doesn't get enough love(in terms of usage =P) so he hides his real form behind those big bushes of hair since he thinks no one would want to see it anyway lol

but hey, he's got a fan right here <---

I think a lot of under-used and underappreciated Pokemon would probably be unhappier compared to their more appreciated peers.

I'm remembering the first episode of Pokemon where Ash's Pokedex said that wild Pokemon are often jealous of caught Pokemon.

Sam_

Taking care of Business.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2012
    Geodude.
    Due to the fact that NO ONE EVER battles him, everyone just bails on him.

The Girl Once named Tracie

She who tames Celebi
    Years
  • Zubat.

No one even bothers to run into him in the wild, just stocks up on repels when the are going through a cave, and get massive headaches by him whenever they run out and have the flee from him every ten steps.

Also, I have yet to see someone other than a silly computer battle with Zubat... can you say neglect?

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • Mewtwo is pretty depressed, in a sort of "FML and everyone else" kinda way.

I'd also say Feebas. Look at his little fishy face! Look how glum he is! It's not because he has a fishy mouth because Whiscash manages to be exceedingly happy. Feebas is sad because he is raggedy!

But I still love him. :D

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
  • And Lucario. In the anime he hated Ash or pretty much any human that wasn't Sir Aaron. And not to mention his in-game sprite shows him as if he were mad at something...I also agree with Mewtwo. In the anime he was mad that he wasn't a "real pokemon" but instead a clone. He even started going on a killing rampage.

Back