• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unique Movesets.

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    What about Lickitung

Physical attacker Lickitung

Lickitung @ leftovers/(speed Berry)
    -spatk, +def
    (dump ev's into defense and special defense)
    Ability:Own Tempo
    -Belly Drum
    -Return
    -Earthquake
    -Rockslide

It would be slow, but with enough defense it can be a pain.

Special attacker Lickitung:

Lickitung @ leftovers/(special attack Berry)
    -atk, + spatk
    (dump ev's into special attack)
    Ability:Oblivious
    -Fire Blast
    -thunderbolt
    -Knock Off
    -surf

from looking at its movepool it looks like theres a way to make him a psuedo hazer I would just dunp all my ev's into special defense and give it disable and psych-up, like you would psych-up with the opponent then disable.

exploud=blissey counter?

Exploud @ choice band
    -spatk, +speed
    ability:Soundproof
    (dump ev's into speed and a little into attack)
    -earthquake
    -Brick Break
    -return
    -Rockslide/Fireblast

Switch in to this when you see Blissey to block its efforts to heal bell (soundproff doesnt allow it),
    or you can WOW Blissey with your special attacker when its sent in a special wall, after that you know a heal bell is
    coming so you can just switch into Exploud then and take him out when Blissey leaves eventually killing the evil menacing blissey
    you would need a specail and physical wall yourself though as you do with any choicebander. You could switch out rockslide for fireblast to teach Skarm a lesson on the prediction, after the first time you hit Blissey with a brick break their not gonna want to keep it in

Last edited:

Lion Heart

Banned
    Years
    Pseudo-Hazing Lickitung is something I've never seen.

Blissey usually packs Aromatherapy over Heal Bell, and Soundproof can't stop that I'm afraid.

I'd love it if Exploud could Focus Punch, it's a shame he can't, as I could see him making use of it, he has good enough Attack to pull it off.. And he has ARMS.

I think Belly Drumming with Lickitung may be a little risky due to his low speed..
    Then again, I think Belly Drumming in general is extremely risky, unless it's being passed from a Smeargle.

Not sure if husk has added it, but he turned the tables on my Dugtrio once with his Magneton with this set::

Endure/Thunderbolt/HP Ice or Grass/Not sure, probably Thunder Wave @ Salac Berry.

Max Speed I would assume, Endure the EQ, activate Salac, and HP for a OHKO.

It works, I would know. ;)

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    Aromatheropy.....forgot about that lol, and on the bellydruming I think youre right, I just figured if you could pour enough special defense and defense into it you could make up for it being so slow but then again you would get raped by subs.....or amybe you could dump all of its ev's into speed and give it a speed berry you think that would work?

Years
    not really an unique moveset, but am gonna post it anyway.

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 176 Spd / 82 SAtk
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Focus Punch
    - Hypnosis
    - Ice Punch
    - Thunderbolt

pretty much McGar expect Hypnosis over Sub,just use hypnosis first and focus punch whatever comes out,hopefully bliss.

Years
    PeTeY_Y said:
    not really an unique moveset, but am gonna post it anyway.

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 176 Spd / 82 SAtk
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Focus Punch
    - Hypnosis
    - Ice Punch
    - Thunderbolt

pretty much McGar expect Hypnosis over Sub,just use hypnosis first and focus punch whatever comes out,hopefully bliss.

But then they'll switch to there own gengar to make Focus Punch not work, and OHKO w/ phychic.And hypnosis has rubbish accuracy, so....

Years
    banette:@ salac
    adament nature
    252 evs speed and attack, 4 evs hp
    sball
    return or hp fighting/brick break *not sure if it learns it* (for normal types to take damage)
    destiny bond
    endure (u endure and dbond when u know u r gonna die) *rockblast and other multiple hitting moves arent affected by destiny bond, a rydon killed banette even tho i dbonded.

Sin

^^
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2006
    another reason why we need a mod for strats and mses. meanwhile lets just keep bumping this thread up

Years
    Yeah.

Nice bantetee, kirby, endurebonder :P

SPPF thought up this little killer 2v2 combo, thought id pop it up here.

Start of with zam and medicham.
    Make zam use skill swap on cham
    Swicth cham w/ wak(W/Thick Club)
    swap pure power on to wak
    Sword dance a few times
    Sweep like bloddy hell.

Zam should be replaced w/ something w/ staying power, i know, but it was the first thing that came to mind :P . Works w/ any cbander, but works best w/ wak.(Cos of TC)

Scince zam needs to go, something decent needs to come in. Dusclops.

Dusclops (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 170 HP / 170 Def / 170 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Skill Swap
    - Taunt
    - Pain Split
    - Will-O-Wisp

What do ya think of that? I think w0w or taunt should go, but i dunno what to replace it w/. Mabye shadow ball?

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    kirby00 said:
    banette:@ salac
    adament nature
    252 evs speed and attack, 4 evs hp
    sball
    return or hp fighting/brick break *not sure if it learns it* (for normal types to take damage)
    destiny bond
    endure (u endure and dbond when u know u r gonna die) *rockblast and other multiple hitting moves arent affected by destiny bond, a rydon killed banette even tho i dbonded.
    So to make sure I understand this, you would use this if say youre up against a pokemon that has speed boost so you could endure to activate the salac berry and successfully d-bond them on the next turn?

Years
    or just if u know they r faster and they will kill u need turn, so u endure, and surprise them w/ dbond the turn they r gonna finish u off... alwso like i said b4, azumarill has a better ability than medicham

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    Alexander the great v2 said:
    Yeah.

Nice bantetee, kirby, endurebonder :P

Sword dance a few times
    Sweep like bloddy hell.

Zam should be replaced w/ something w/ staying power, i know, but it was the first thing that came to mind :P . Works w/ any cbander, but works best w/ wak.(Cos of TC)

Scince zam needs to go, something decent needs to come in. Dusclops.

Dusclops (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 170 HP / 170 Def / 170 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Skill Swap
    - Taunt
    - Pain Split
    - Will-O-Wisp

What do ya think of that? I think w0w or taunt should go, but i dunno what to replace it w/. Mabye shadow ball?

Claydol uses psych up on medicham

Next turn medicham switches out for slaking

claydol used skill swap on slaking.

Whoamg I"ve got a slaking without truant and with Pure Power.

=P

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
    Years

Sword dance a few times
    Sweep like bloddy hell.

Sin and I set this up on NetBattle. Except we Baton Passed a Belly Drum to Wak as well as Skill Swapping Pure Power. Wak ends up with an attack of 4000 or 5000 and something.

Now for something that came to me while me and Lion Heart were in the school cafeteria this morning.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers

~Sub
    ~Focus Punch
    ~T-Bolt
    ~Toxic

ToxiBoah. The general idea is to be a Skarmbliss counter thats unexpected. If its Blissey, Sub incase its a Twaver then either FP or Toxic. If its Skarm just Tbolt. Anyway, the idea is to trick the Skarmblisser into bringing out the wrong pokemon. ie- Once you use Toxic they will either AT the Blissey you have been Tbolting on purpose or switch to Skarm. If they keep Bliss in hit it with an FP. Its a pretty longwinded explaination but I think you lot can figure out how it works.

EDIT: This is my 800th post! Hoorayness!

Last edited:

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    5000 attack is overkill isnt it? That mean s youre spending too much time setting up

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    Theres a counter to that strat :P Pure power slaking..... god. So its counterable.Well, it wasnt me who created it.

BTW Medicham should fake out whomever it thinks will attacks Claydol

also, that start works in two turns and one of the turns one of their pokemon isn't attacking

Back