• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Unluckiest/Stupidest Moments

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    -Flannery had a shiny Torkoal.
    -Wally had all his pokemon as shiny pokemon except Magneton.
    -I released a Groundon on my Ruby by accident.
    -Killed a shiny Celebi.
    -Traded Eevee to Ruby, only to have it evolve into Espeon insted of Umbreon.
    -Killed a normal Celebi.
    -Once spend a half hour trying to catch Deoxys, and when i did, i forgot to save.
    -Once killed Lugia and had to restart the game.

jc_rcw

:God:
    Years
    How did you encounter celebi(cheats?) and how could two different gym leaders in the same game have shiny pokemon and how could a gymleader have more than one shiny??

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
    Let's see... I sold the masterball in order to get me some money. I threw all the rarecandies I've caught to make some space in my backpack. never do that.

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    There is a glitch called the Celebi Glitch.It is only in certain cartridges, and when you are on Route 121 or Route 123 (i'm not sure which one), you may encounter a Celebi.It is rarer to encounter one than a shiny pokemon though.Also, the only gym leader that has a shiny is Flannery.Wally is not a gym leader, he is just a second rival which you can battle as much as you want.

Inugami

Years
    He He
    ~totally un prepared(no pokeballs for a shiny)
    ~over 5 of my pokemon were lv 100 but I accidentally turned it off
    ~taght a Ralts phychic even though it learns it later
    ~my friend won my Jirachi in a tournament
    ~a glitch went on when i encountered a shiny
    ~a glitch went on with my saphire which had my deoxys destroyed it which forced me to restart my game

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
    very depressing

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
    Years
    Baddest luck...
    - I had a shiny Lairon use roar on me
    - I knocked out a shiny Golbat

...and for something lucky but stupid...

- I caught a Shiny Heracross on Colosseum, that's the lucky part, the stupid part is I used a net ball- ever seen a pokemon come out of a net ball on that game? It has netting -hence name of ball- around/over it that distracts from the 'Oh Shiny!' reaction... I'm never useing net balls again...

Ralts

Don't look at me like that !!!
    Years
    Too Bad....

~ I almost had shiny machop, but I knock it out
    ~ I almost get a Milotc with RASH natue, but I don't have enough berry
    ~ and many other awful thing........

ryo567

~Creator of TAP comic~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2006
    very sad...... sorry to make yu sadder but i've got another one. got a shiny castform,played till may,forgot about shiny,loss turn game off without saving. :(

denro

THE GORILLAZ RULE
    Years
    lol
    heres what did

i accedently restarted my sapphire while trying to see what all the starter pokemon were like. i know what i did was stupid and i was really far too lol,i had also found a wild golbat a named TOGETIC!!!(its name was capitalized and it had !!! all ready) and i caught it but luckily it did not delete my game or glitch up my game lol

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2008
    Not exactly on R/S, but on other versions though:
    -I found a shiny seaking in the safari(FR) and it fled. =(
    -Accidentally used a masterball on a exegcute(Red) but there was no space on the box, and I haven't caught mewtwo yet. And I saved.
    -(Not really sad) Had a shiny torchic on Emerald two days ago, but it's IV was really low(and it's nature was Sassy), so I traded it to Sapphire and restarted. I'm still trying to find a shiny torchic until now.

VanirElf

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    On monday I was playing emerald and training up a zigzagoon team...don't ask
    I was bored on my emerald version and a shiny pokemon appeared...my mind
    just blanked out , it's that thing that evolves into hariyama I was in the
    cave in dewford and with my weakest lv.12 zigzagoon I used tackle 'cuz I was
    soo sure that it would survive the hit and I'd be able to capture it, but the
    freakin' attack became a crititcal hit and I knocked it out...I was soo
    increadibly annoyed.

...I still can't remember that thing's name...soo lame.

anyway it would have been my 51st shiny pokemon, i'm on the hunt for more.

Sheepnut

Banned
    Years
    Hmm my worst moent was when i played the game for a large ammount of hours up to kyogre without saving then my battery went and lost my whole file :( im such an idiot...

BonzaiMudkip

Senior Trainer
    Years
    let's see:
    Sapphire:I killed kyogre and diddin't reset nor save when near it.
    Came unprepared when encountered Latias.
    Failed to catch a shiny tantacool(i think i misspeled it)

Emerald:Came unprepared when encountered Latias.

That's all i can remember

Robo-Arcanine

An Arcanine Trainer
    Years
    well i had very many stupid things
    1: in Blue Version i couldnt catch mewtwo with my masterball. i thought that automatically catches it?
    2: Dont ever fight a lvl 100 mew with a lvl 78 blastoise. (battled friend)
    3: Dont ever, ever, ever, EVER fight with a lvl 1 mewtwo against a lvl 99 latias
    4: unprepared when fighting mew LVL 100

hikkichan

Great Peace Keeper
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2006
    ^_^ I can only remember one really stupid thing I did and it was in my Sapphire game. (Trust me, someone as clumzy as I am has done many stupid things.. hee hee) Well here is what happened:

I was looking around for Relicanth for about an hour... getting annoyed by the stupid Clamperls and Chinchou that kept popping up from everywhere. Just when I was about to give up I saw a level 35 Relicanth! I was so very happy.. ^o^ I battled it and withdrew my Aggron becuase it was too powerful... but I did to lots of damage to the Relicanth. I switched and took out Torque (my Sharpedo)... that was very stupid of me.. because Relicanth attacked and Torque's rough skin killed it. -_- How very silly of me.

But after another hour of searching... I found another one! ^____^ I managed to capture it.... hee hee.. so now I'm happy.

Back