• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Unnamed FireRed 721 Project

Which TM set do you want in the patch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • next. update is soon?
    I have a history, sprites and a great job to create my hack Rom and your base is amazing, only need finishing that project.
    suggestions: for new evolution method use base emerald 650, and have more attacks
    for news abilities use fire red 720 theses bases can help you to create the beast and complete base Rom.
    good job and please do nd abandon this

and more a little help, only if you know, together you ips/ups files add a support. for a-map 1.92,G3ht, and mores usable tools

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • next. update is soon?
    I have a history, sprites and a great job to create my hack Rom and your base is amazing, only need finishing that project.
    suggestions: for new evolution method use base emerald 650, and have more attacks
    for news abilities use fire red 720 theses bases can help you to create the beast and complete base Rom.
    good job and please do nd abandon this

and more a little help, only if you know, together you ips/ups files add a support. for a-map 1.92,G3ht, and mores usable tools

Just wondering how close you are to finishing the next release!

Do you have a working version of this?

I hope you can release it soon, can't wait to see it. Keep up the good work.

The project has been on hiatus for quite a while, mostly due to the inactivity of Slopwkope13. Since there's already a lot of things done, I may try to finish this base and soon release it. It will take some time, though. But if everything goes smoothly, I may give you guys beta with I think all 4gen Pokemon in two or three days.

BadEgg~

Pokémon: Volant Version Developer
    Years
  • The project has been on hiatus for quite a while, mostly due to the inactivity of Slopwkope13. Since there's already a lot of things done, I may try to finish this base and soon release it. It will take some time, though. But if everything goes smoothly, I may give you guys beta with I think all 4gen Pokemon in two or three days.

Thank you! I'll be watching this space.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • The project has been on hiatus for quite a while, mostly due to the inactivity of Slopwkope13. Since there's already a lot of things done, I may try to finish this base and soon release it. It will take some time, though. But if everything goes smoothly, I may give you guys beta with I think all 4gen Pokemon in two or three days.

OH YEEEEAAAHH! <3
    This is exactly what I wanted, a ROM Base with the 4th Gen. <3
    This'll be awesome, i'll be waiting for it <3

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Nice 4th gen is coming really soon can't wait to see the full 721 in the future keep it up

Years
  • So.. 3 days.
    Is it ready? Is it? Is it? Is it? Is it? Is it? Is it? Is it? Is it? Is it
    <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

There is a problem with added pokemon. They can't be set in the wild by any map editor. That means you'd have to do it by hand in a hex editor and I'm not sure people would like that. I may still release it but as I'm saying setting wild Pokemon is going to be a pain.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • There is a problem with added pokemon. They can't be set in the wild by any map editor. That means you'd have to do it by hand in a hex editor and I'm not sure people would like that. I may still release it but as I'm saying setting wild Pokemon is going to be a pain.

It definitely sounds like a pain..
    Would there be some way to fix it? ;_; ...
    I don't mind if we need to wait a little more for it xD

Years
  • It definitely sounds like a pain..
    Would there be some way to fix it? ;_; ...
    I don't mind if we need to wait a little more for it xD

I'm afraid not. If FBI finishes his new engine, I may do this once again. Though, you'll have to wait a lot of time for that, I'm sorry.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2024
    There is a problem with added pokemon. They can't be set in the wild by any map editor. That means you'd have to do it by hand in a hex editor and I'm not sure people would like that. I may still release it but as I'm saying setting wild Pokemon is going to be a pain.

I think you can hex-edit Advance Map to allow more Pokémon. I read it on a thread for a similar base to this, here is the link:
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=334997
    Look in the "How to expand Advance Map" section (near the bottom of the original post, just above the bugs section), hope this helps.

Years
  • I think you can hex-edit Advance Map to allow more Pokémon. I read it on a thread for a similar base to this, here is the link:
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=334997
    Look in the "How to expand Advance Map" section (near the bottom of the original post, just above the bugs section), hope this helps.

I know that. The problem is a bit more complicated, though. While I was expending stuff, I put lots of important tables, including one responsible for pokemon names, at offsets starting from 0x1000000. A-Map 1.92 can't read past 0xFFFFFF which means it's unable to get name, so instead of Bulbasaur you've got "2x@agT " and so on. A-Map 1.95 on the other hand is able to read from large offsets but you're limited to setting only first 411 pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2024
    I know that. The problem is a bit more complicated, though. While I was expending stuff, I put lots of important tables, including one responsible for pokemon names, at offsets starting from 0x1000000. A-Map 1.92 can't read past 0xFFFFFF which means it's unable to get name, so instead of Bulbasaur you've got "2x@agT " and so on. A-Map 1.95 on the other hand is able to read from large offsets but you're limited to setting only first 411 pokemon.

Oh well, I'm no expert but I'm sure there is a solution somewhere. Keep up the good work though, I'm really looking forward to the finished base and I've already got plans for what to do with it when it's out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back