• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Unneeded or missing features?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I liked the send money to your mom feature that was awesome.
    Actually, this feature still remains luckily. Your mother still saves your money after every battle you earn cash from. There are also certain points in the game where she still purchases items for you as well, such as the Moon Stone like in the originals and more.

phone is totally unneeded, its so annoying when it just keeps on beeping
    Considering this feature links to the only way for rematches against the Gym Leaders and other trainers, then yes I see it as needed feature right now. If the VS. Seeker was brought back like it could have been, then I might have said the phone feature wasn't needed in the game, but still it plays a role no less.

shot571

i kno this wasnt in the original but i wouldve loved them to have put crystal onix in this game. and the orange islands. the loss of the underground is a dissapointemt as i was hoping that they would have made it wifi in hg/ss so it could be more fun. seriously why isi ds wireless communications. wouldnt it make sense to make it connectable over wifi. so yh the underground

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2011
    I think the reason they put the same battle frontier in johto is so they can later after the sinnoh part of the anime ash and company go back to johto and challenge the "new" battle frontier, well thats at least what i think.

Years
    I think the reason they put the same battle frontier in johto is so they can later after the sinnoh part of the anime ash and company go back to johto and challenge the "new" battle frontier, well thats at least what i think.
    I think it has to do more familiarity. If you have both games with the same Battle Frontier, you can plan out the usage of the Facility and which Pokemon to challenge with. It also helps if you've beaten a Frontier brain previously in D/P/P as I'm sure it'll make it easier the second time around.

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
    I really don't like how they put the Same Battle Frontier and practically the same move tutor moves and plus some other lame ones/

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I want my Vs. Seeker. :| I hate calling certain people on certain days for a rematch you may or may not get. I prefer running 100 steps and clicking a button around trainers. Much easier. :/

Years
    I want my Vs. Seeker. :| I hate calling certain people on certain days for a rematch you may or may not get. I prefer running 100 steps and clicking a button around trainers. Much easier. :/
    I understand what you mean but for a person that hasn't played the original G/S/C, like me, will prefer the new phone since it's a new thing. To be honest, I didn't utilize the VS. Seeker as much as I should have. The phone will make it easier for me since it reminds me of the rematches.

Guy

just a guy
    Years

I understand what you mean but for a person that hasn't played the original G/S/C, like me, will prefer the new phone since it's a new thing. To be honest, I didn't utilize the VS. Seeker as much as I should have. The phone will make it easier for me since it reminds me of the rematches.
    The phone is a nice feature and I say it's nice that it was kept like in the originals, however that isn't to say its purpose in the game couldn't have been altered since GSC. Have the phone used for the game's main storyline, and other minor details for calling other people within the game if need be. However, take away the rematch feature from the phone, and bring in the VS. Seeker as a bonus. As for the Gym Leader's keep it like it was in Platinum for their rematch during certain days and/or times of the week for another battle against them.

Back