• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unpopular Pokemon.....Do you like them?

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
    There are 493 pokemon so far. So obviously, there are unpopular ones. SOme examples seem to be Paras, Jynx, Swalot, Mamoswine, Muk, Fearow, but the list could go on.

So, do any of you like the pokemon in the shadows? The ones they never seem to mention?

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    Mamoswine is certainly not unpopular (double negative?) and Muk is actually a favorite underdog, at least from what i've seen.

I think it's obvious by my avatar which unpopular one i like.

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
    Mamoswine is certainly not unpopular (double negative?) and Muk is actually a favorite underdog, at least from what i've seen.

I think it's obvious by my avatar which unpopular one i like.

Really? None of the people I meet seem to like him. So I just thought that. I used to have a level 76 Mamoswine until I lost my Pearl and my DS.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    I like Mamoswine alot he is one of my more powerful party members I also like Golbat one of the most unpopular I think

Bulbasaur15

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Stantler is amazing.when i was playing Heartgold the other day one came up on me and i was shocked at how good it was currently it is at lv.46

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2010
    I don't know if stantler is popular not but he is definately one of my favorites. I feel bad because i had to ditch him for raikou in my team.

The Girl Once named Tracie

She who tames Celebi
    Years
    I happen to be a big fan of Muk, actually :p Didn't you see Ash's Muk totally take down the Belsprout at the Indigo league? Total wipeout!

I also really like Chlingling, he is one of my favorites! And Cubone is my 100% favorite, although he is usually just ignored, not ragged on.

hi fi wi fi

Retired Poke master
    Years
    There are almost no popular pokemon except for the ones very rare or shown in the movies/ tv shows. Thats the way I see it by looking at everyone else who plays or enjoys watching the television show or movies. But I am starting to use any unpopular pokemon I can get my hands on to show I only care if they are pokemon and thats how much I like the game?

Shuckleman

The Awesome
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    Most people dislike shuckle, but it's max defense is over 1200, and with power trick.... yah....

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I think Zubat is a pokemon that should be categorized as unpopular. You always run into them, especially in caves. Not all caves have bats in them, but apparantly they do in the Pokemon world. :|

Other than the aforementioned, I see no other Pokemon being dumped into this spiteful category. There will always be a little fandom for those Pokemons rarely seen or shown. That's right, Paras, I'm talking to you!

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
    I think Zubat is a pokemon that should be categorized as unpopular. You always run into them, especially in caves. Not all caves have bats in them, but apparantly they do in the Pokemon world. :|

Other than the aforementioned, I see no other Pokemon being dumped into this spiteful category. There will always be a little fandom for those Pokemons rarely seen or shown. That's right, Paras, I'm talking to you!

Yeah, but Paras was voted the least popular out of all 493! Lower than BI-freaking-DOOF and MAGI-Freaking-KARP!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    There are two pokemon that I have used in more games than any other. I've recently come to learn that their unevolved forms are unanimously considered the most hated pokemon in the game. XD

Ayselipera

There are 493 pokemon so far. So obviously, there are unpopular ones. SOme examples seem to be Paras, Jynx, Swalot, Mamoswine, Muk, Fearow, but the list could go on.

I like all of those Pokemon. Especially Jynx, she's one of my favorites. To tell you the truth I like just about every Pokemon. The only one that I absolutely despise is Pachirisu. Although some annoy me I find a special place in my heart to put them. Although I will admit the IV generation Pokemon really stretch how far my love can go. I wasn't too big of a fan.

There are two pokemon that I have used in more games than any other. I've recently come to learn that their unevolved forms are unanimously considered the most hated pokemon in the game. XD

I personally think those are two of the best Pokemon in the game. I hate how they get overlooked just because their pre-evolved forms are common throughout the game. If people took the time to use them they would realize how powerful they really are.

Years
    I like all the Pokemon, and want to get around to using each one at one time or another. I love using Linoone, Mismagius, and Crawdaunt.

There is one Pokemon I do hate though... The one Pokemon I absolutely cannot stand is Jynx. I refuse to think that poor purple-faced women we've been enslaving all these years is a real Pokemon. G
    F accidentally skipped #124 as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

Coin

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    I dunno.
    Unpopular pokemon are very annoying to me. I'm one of those perfectionists who want "cool" looking ones on my team. :(

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Can I say Arceus? Because I hate that stupid whatever its supposed to be. Seriously, gamefreak needs to know when to stop.

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
    Yeah, but Paras was voted the least popular out of all 493! Lower than BI-freaking-DOOF and MAGI-Freaking-KARP!

... :( But I like Paras.

I actually find that if I truely dislike a pokemon, or at least I think I do, and then I try and make an attempt to use it on my team, I actually end up liking it quite a bit.

I do agree with the Jynx statement above however. I will never like Jynx.

Back