• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unpopular Pokemon.....Do you like them?

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
  • Unpopular Pokemon.....Do you like them?

God, yes. I love Crobat. It's not much good for anything but annoying in the 2nd gen but that's probably why I like it. I dislike Zubat and Golbat, however.

I don't think Electrode is that popular but I have one on Blue and Silver and find they can be pretty useful (Especially for their monstrous speed).

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I love finding Pokemon that i dont think very many other people like... I know there are some, but I really like Roserade and he isn't the most popular but other examples are

Arbok
    Weezing
    Ratatta (seriously, so cute)
    Kecleon
    Jynx

Years
  • There are a few Pokemon that people disregard that I like to use, like Paras and Parasect. I like being different and using Pokemon nobody else does. (Or any other game for that matter, like CoD using guns that are rubbish but others dont use :D)

Ever since they started releasing the 3rd Generation (2nd Gen wasnt too bad) I though th Pokemon were getting worse and worse. (Old school you see :D)

With new evolutions like Magmortar, Electrivire, Rhyperior etc. people seem to forget about the other cool evloutions in the line like Magmar, Electrode, Rhydon

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    I don't know who posted, "I will never like Jynx", but.. Jynx is actually very strong if you have the right moves. :)

My Favorites are:

-Jynx
    -Starmie
    -Cloyster
    -Glalie.

I don't know if they're unpopular, but I love them. :)

Years
  • Probably the most unpopular Pokemon are those annoying ones that rapidly occurs in a wild battle for example, Zubat and Geodude. I dislike these since you can't run away from them in the beginning of the game. ):

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I used Geodude in SoulSilver to take on the 1st 3 gyms, lol.

Steelix8

The Undertaker
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2014
    I'm a big fan of Sableye. Even though it's essentially a weaker Spiritomb, I love it all the same.

Distortion World

Steel/Flying
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    A lot of Poison- and Bug-types are un-popular -_-
    Is there anyone that uses Parasect?

I actually use one, but I use all of them since I'm E.V training them all.
    but i think thoug he's popular in the anime, you see NO ONE use Meowth/Persian anymore. Quite sad.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
  • looks above. Hmm while waiting for my HG, I might do a run through with fire red using unpopular pokemon I haven't used before, like paras! Actually there's lots of pokemon I havent used before.... better get started

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Nosepass and Probopass are mentioned fairly often but NEVER in a positive light. And they happen to be two of my favourite Pokémon ever. ;_; So I guess they definitely count.

You only hear about Cherrim a lot on PC because of me. I guess recently it's been getting a bit more popular but for ages I was the only person I knew who even gave it a second glance. D:

Otherwise most of my favourites are pretty typical and popular. u_u

ILoveDragonite

~~Do the wave~~
    Years
  • Nosepass and Probopass are mentioned fairly often but NEVER in a positive light. And they happen to be two of my favourite Pokémon ever. ;_; So I guess they definitely count.

You only hear about Cherrim a lot on PC because of me. I guess recently it's been getting a bit more popular but for ages I was the only person I knew who even gave it a second glance. D:

Otherwise most of my favourites are pretty typical and popular. u_u
    I have a cherrim, But lol Probopass
    Unpopular Pokemon.....Do you like them?

Gyarados Girl

Atrocious
    Years
  • I love Parasect, poison types, and so on. I actually have a little toy Parasect sitting in front of my monitors.

I used a mono-poison team for a while online in Battle Revolution, and regularly use a Parasect. I have others that I suppose would be considered unpopular too, but I'm probably not the best judge of popularity anyway.

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    azumarill is the most kick-ass poké i ever had, my sapphire game was completed with a lvl100 azumaril and a lvl100 magcargo.

2 most under-rated characters by far.

PachiPachi

The Pachirisu freak!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    I don't mind most pokemon except Shellos and Jynx. I mean, how can something as cute as Smoochum evolve into THAT? I also can't stand Shellos because it looks so much like a Slug.

DXrobots

Just a passing through trainer
    Years
  • I don't get much variety in my teams ever. Pokemon I've used before in my main games are: The Starters, Pidgeot, Alakazam, Gengar, Golem, Gyarados, Nidoking, Fearow, An eeveelution, Magmar, Magneton, Electabuzz, Houndoom, Scyther, and Lapras. Those are all some pretty well known and loved pokemon.

Back