• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Unsolved Mysteries? Pokemon Z Evidence?

MiniMinun

Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!
Years
  • So, all over the community and other sites I'm seeing a bunch of little mysteries and 'theories' about X/Y. One of these, which most of you probably know of, is the startling appearance of Mrs. Hex-Ghost in Lumiose (It scared me so much I slammed my DS shut). Another would be the two women in Jaune Plaza that talk about the Lava Dome Pokemon, probably Heatran. Could there possible be an undiscovered Heatran in-game or maybe some upcoming event related to it? And does the Strange Souvenir have some purpose?

So YEAH... After looking at all this, I got to some sort of conclusion: That these were implemented to troll us or to prep for Pokemon Z. Think back to Black/White, where we saw that random ghost-girl on the bridge and knew nothing about her. Then, in the game's sequel, we get a whole backstory on her. If X/Y does get a sequel, maybe we will get more on Mrs. Hex-Ghost and maybe there will be a catchable Heatran, ect.

Anyways, just got that random thought and wanted to share it. What do you guys think about these 'unsolved mysteries'? Do you think that it's possible evidence for Pokemon Z? TELL ME! :)

Years
  • Someone in this forum suggest mystery, and I agree with him.
    There are so much thing which not understood to us-why lysandre hate so much peoples, what happaned to our father, the mystery of luimose city, and kalos unexplaind war(exept the war that was 3000 years ago there was another war in kalos 800 years against other regions).
    The best to explain all of this is to relive at least most of those events.

ProfDunsparce

And now I become Dunsparce...
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2014
    Personally, I think the random inclusion of Zygarde without evidence of why it's there is reason enough to believe there will be a Z version. Kinda like how Kyurem's role in Black/White was fairly insignificant and then got magnified in Black/White 2. I think Zygarde and Terminus Cave will play a bigger role in Z. Perhaps a stronger form of Zygarde will also be released

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2015
    I just got the strange souvenir. Would they really program an item in game that serves no purpose? I mean the description isn't much of a hint really of anything up coming. Also if they just wanted to hint at the release of an up coming game wasn't the hiker enough with all his rambling about his far away home?

I guess its just wishful thinking but i am hoping that there is more to be discovered or added to the current installment about these mysteries. I mean technically you can run into the ghost girl twice, why use her that much without a purpose or event in this game? oh well guess i'll just wait for the answers in the squeal with everyone else.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I have a theory. Sorta.
    That "Hex maniac" ghost girl. There was someone in one town who mentioned something about how cool it'd be if there was a machine that could change people into Pokemon. What if that Hex ghost girl was the human form/ spirit of that pokemon that crusty old, tall guy had, before she became a Flabe'be, and just as he's wandering the region looking for his fairy friend, the human spirit/ ghost that Flabebe used to be before getting turned into a pokemo, is going around looking for him, as well? Maybe to curse him or something, since she's a Hex maniac type character?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I have a theory. Sorta.
    That "Hex maniac" ghost girl. There was someone in one town who mentioned something about how cool it'd be if there was a machine that could change people into Pokemon. What if that Hex ghost girl was the human form/ spirit of that pokemon that crusty old, tall guy had, before she became a Flabe'be, and just as he's wandering the region looking for his fairy friend, the human spirit/ ghost that Flabebe used to be before getting turned into a pokemo, is going around looking for him, as well? Maybe to curse him or something, since she's a Hex maniac type character?
    It's certainly a crafty idea, but the ending of X and Y wouldn't really fit with that theory.

There's a lot of question marks left hanging at the end of the games, that I'd certainly like answers to. I wonder if they did that on purpose to follow up with sequels a la Black 2 and White 2.

MiniMinun

Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!
    Years
  • ProfDunsparce said:
    Personally, I think the random inclusion of Zygarde without evidence of why it's there is reason enough to believe there will be a Z version. Kinda like how Kyurem's role in Black/White was fairly insignificant and then got magnified in Black/White 2. I think Zygarde and Terminus Cave will play a bigger role in Z. Perhaps a stronger form of Zygarde will also be released

(First of all I just want to point out how amazing your name is!) Yeah, I forgot to mention that part. It's probably the biggest reason I think there will be a Pokemon Z. The same pattern has repeated itself since Gen IV:
    D/P: Giratina can be caught in Turnback Cave, an unimportant side-location. At this point Giratina had no story or meaning (From what I remember!)
    Platinum: Giratina now becomes one of the main focuses of the game, and is the version mascot.
    B/W: Kyurem, again, is pretty much just another "side-quest" found in the Giant Chasm, a dungeon that has no pertinent impact on the game.
    B2/W2: Kyurem is now the version mascot and the main focus of the game. The game's routes alter so you need to go through the giant chasm.

Soooo pretty much there is always a side-legendary who then becomes the mascot next game. I see this in Zygarde's future :)

Years
  • That Hex Maniac ghost could be related to one of the event Pokemon Hoopa. If Hoopa really is Psychic/Ghost, it'd fit the profile of a Hex Maniac perfectly but that's just my guess.

As for Zygarde, I'm guessing it'll be the main legendary for the next game and there isn't really much reason to think otherwise.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2014
    the Strange Souvenir could have just been like that item from gen 4 that they didn't say anything about. A later use could be just for a new TM or something. Either that, or a collection of enough, combined with an event ticket could lead you to some sort of Battle Frontier-esque place.

I just can't wait for them to reveal what's hidden in the coding and such.

Iskandar

The Seeker Of Light
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2014
    Theres a new event pokemon @_@? everyones talking about it but i checked serebii and found nothing @_@

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    What's with this Pokemon Z talk, we don't even know if the next game is going to be called Pokemon Z.
    Just enjoy the X and Y games that are out now

Years
  • bit of a stretch, but Ill post my thought about the strange souvenir (just came into my mind) soo If I remember correctly, their was talk about how future games may be somewhat backwards compatible? (could be wrong, something to do with the pokebank I think) anyways, what if this item is something like a trade to evolve item/form changer for a future game? just my quick thoughts.

could even be a future mege-stone of sorts >.>

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think Zygarde is based on a Root...which will fit with the root eating serpent of Norse myth xD. I think it'll gain a forme where it's large and has longer arms in the theorical Z.

I think the Hex girl will appear in a possible third version or sequel.

magolor

hsssah!
    Years
  • X Y and Z are the coordinates for anything three-dimensional, correct? I think that's why these games got their names in the first place-- since it's the first 3D Pokemon game. I'm definitely expecting a Z... maybe a sequel, or maybe it'd be an Emerald or Platinum-like addition. Either way, I'm hoping we'll hear something of it soon!

Years
  • X Y and Z are the coordinates for anything three-dimensional, correct? I think that's why these games got their names in the first place-- since it's the first 3D Pokemon game. I'm definitely expecting a Z... maybe a sequel, or maybe it'd be an Emerald or Platinum-like addition. Either way, I'm hoping we'll hear something of it soon!
    I expect we'll hear about them in early 2015 for release that year as most third versions (and B2W2) come out the same year as the second movie of a generation (which features the mascot of that third version (or sequels for Kyurem's formes).)

27thColt

The Collector
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2023
    Perhaps a stronger form of Zygarde will also be released

Don't you think Gens 3 - 5 gave us enough forms already? XD I'm tired of forms, just stick with the Zygarde we have today. It may look stupid, but at leas it doesn't have a form.

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
  • Z is pretty much inevitable. Zygarde the 3rd legendary who's name just so happens to begin with Z, the letter that just so happens to follow X & Y, and is a third chromosome. Zygarde's pokedex entries also imply that it will intervene in some sort of catastrophe of the future, as it 'monitors the eco-system'. We also have evidence of past third (and fourth) game releases with Emerald, Platinum and Black & White 2 using Rayquaza, Giratina & Kyurem as their leads, and X & Y contain perhaps the most blatant implications that there is more to come out of any of the generations of games. There is a small chance that we will see X & Y 2 as opposed to Z if they think they will make more money that way, but they have set themselves up pretty perfectly for a Z title, and I for one welcome it, as it encourages improvement and new features on some already fantastic games, and also looks to answer a lot of questions posed by certain aspects in X & Y. Not to mention, Emerald & Platinum were 2 of the best games in the entire series.

Years
  • Z is pretty much inevitable. Zygarde the 3rd legendary who's name just so happens to begin with Z, the letter that just so happens to follow X & Y, and is a third chromosome. Zygarde's pokedex entries also imply that it will intervene in some sort of catastrophe of the future, as it 'monitors the eco-system'. We also have evidence of past third (and fourth) game releases with Emerald, Platinum and Black & White 2 using Rayquaza, Giratina & Kyurem as their leads, and X & Y contain perhaps the most blatant implications that there is more to come out of any of the generations of games. There is a small chance that we will see X & Y 2 as opposed to Z if they think they will make more money that way, but they have set themselves up pretty perfectly for a Z title, and I for one welcome it, as it encourages improvement and new features on some already fantastic games, and also looks to answer a lot of questions posed by certain aspects in X & Y. Not to mention, Emerald & Platinum were 2 of the best games in the entire series.
    I agree, it feels that they must do Z since Zygarde is shaped like a Z and has one in it's name...
    If they do sequels they could name them Z and W.

Pinta77

I'm 1000% sure there's gonna be a pokemon z version. It's a chance for them to make even more money with minimal effort :P

Back