• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Upcoming Events Information & Events Discussion Thread

Which game do you plan to get Jirachi on?

• Diamond

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Pearl

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Platinum

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • I don't plan on getting it

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    An Event Morality Question

This upcoming Shaymin event will be the first I've gotten to go to. I plan on getting multiple Shaymin by transferring it over from diamond, starting a new game on diamond and repeating. Now, I have always felt cheating is wrong, and have never used it when playing with wi-fi, like competitive battling. I was wondering, however, if I were to use run through walls to get to jubilife and to oreburgh faster, if you guys would first consider the Shaymin hacked, and second, would you consider it morally wrong for me to do that, or would you find it ok?____________________________________________________________________Thanks, Jlizard27__________(sorry about these underscores, my spacing won't work on this site, so I have to use underscores to act as spaces, or what I would be using my return key for)

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    It was obtained legitimately, so of course they canot be considered hacked. And it isn't particularly morally wrong either, since you're spending your own time obtaining them by legitimate means. And at the end of the day, you don't even have to tell people how you obtained all these shaymin, people don't really care in trading forums so long as they're legit and UT.

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
    I don't think it matter how get from place to place in the game, as long as the Shaymin is legit and the way you obatined it is not by hacking, then It's not immoral.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    A hacked Pokemon is defined as a Pokemon that wouldn't exist in your game without the assistance of an external device.

Downloading a Wonder Card from an event location does not constitute hacking, regardless of however you get to the Poke Mart to pick up your new Pokemon.

Moreso, no one would know you used Walk Through Walls to get there...or at least, they couldn't tell.

As for it being "morally" wrong or right, I think that's kind of dumb. It's a video game. Whatever happens in your game is no one's business but your own. Now upon trading, someone can be as picky as they want and have every right to know how it was obtained. But if it stays in your game, no one should care.

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    A hacked Pokemon is defined as a Pokemon that wouldn't exist in your game without the assistance of an external device.

Downloading a Wonder Card from an event location does not constitute hacking, regardless of however you get to the Poke Mart to pick up your new Pokemon.

Moreso, no one would know you used Walk Through Walls to get there...or at least, they couldn't tell.

As for it being "morally" wrong or right, I think that's kind of dumb. It's a video game. Whatever happens in your game is no one's business but your own. Now upon trading, someone can be as picky as they want and have every right to know how it was obtained. But if it stays in your game, no one should care.

lol just the same with cloning i just received a lugia after asking for one in the quick trade thread now i' asking to trade my lugia for a ho-oh lol....

btw is an Arceus event likely in the summer since thats when he debuts in a movie?

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Yeah.... but I'm not too much into cloning, I think it's a bit different. I don't mind much when the GTS Glitch is used though.

Sorry!!!, off topic. I'll stop =)

The events seem to appear a few months after the movie though, at least from what I've seen. I may be wrong though.

Tac One

OWN new Emld, Sapp and FR & LG
    Years
    Where can I find out if a TRU near me is holding the Shaymin event?

If it's a TRU it should be apart of the event. I don't think they pick certain ones. I know Gamestop does those. but I would call and ask as it gets close to the event.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2023
    I'd be going to the TRU in Times Square. I imagine they'd be holding the event since they're one of the biggest TRUs.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2023
    Yeah. I think it's a safe bet they'd have it.

Speaking of the Nintendo World store, do they ever have anything special?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    I hope I can go to the event to get two of those shaymins. One from my diamond and the otehr for my pearl cart. I already have the japanese movie shaymins and regis.

Roconza

Crazy girl say wha?
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Mar 16, 2014
    Toys r us event shaymin

Tomorrow marks the start of the Toys 'R Us event shaymin give away 8th - 14th

Well who else is getting there event shaymin from Toys R us tomorrow I know I am. It's the only way (with out cheating)to get the sky form of shaymin in English platinum.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I know that I'm getting it hands down!!! plus my sis is getting one too...so that mean we'll have two shaymins...

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Getting hopefully around 15 by the time it ends. Getting one on my Pearl, then using this process:
    Restarting DIamond, going through the game to get Mystery Gift, getting Shaymin, transferring Shaymin to pearl, and repeating.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I wish I didn't lose my copy of Pearl... but I am definitely getting a Shaymin! (In Diamond, of course.)

Back