• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Upcoming Events Information & Events Discussion Thread

Which game do you plan to get Jirachi on?

• Diamond

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Pearl

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Platinum

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • I don't plan on getting it

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Wonder if anyone is offering that Movie Shaymin over Wi-Fi, cause I didn't get a chance to get one! But, the next event is definietly the Lv.100 Regigigas, which unlocks three caverns in Sinnoh containing Regirock, Regice, and Registeel.

it wont work cause it has that annoying Classic Ribbon, which banns trade of the PKMN over Wi-Fi (annoying, right?)

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    No. That's not true Bloodex. You can't trade it over GTS. You can trade it however to other players using the blue basement wifi in the Pokemon Center.

I've got a few. I pmed you.

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    crap i forgot it cant be cloned thx to that damned classic ribbon
    I'm still SRing for natures on my Pearl guess I'll trade my Diamond one for something I want....

aceglen

Professional Trainer/Breeder
    Years
    Shaymin Question

Ok, so I got the Shaymin from the Toys r us event and i was expecting to get the oaks letter which activated the event on route 225, (or whatever route it is outside victory road), but instead i just got shaymin right off the back. I kinda liked it cuase it meant i didnt have to go out and have to catch it. But this made me wonder a couple of things:

Can I still get the Oak's letter somehow?
    and
    If I can, can i still catch ANOTHER shyamin?

Just wondering.
    Thanks

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Ok, so I got the Shaymin from the Toys r us event and i was expecting to get the oaks letter which activated the event on route 225, (or whatever route it is outside victory road), but instead i just got shaymin right off the back. I kinda liked it cuase it meant i didnt have to go out and have to catch it. But this made me wonder a couple of things:

Can I still get the Oak's letter somehow?
    and
    If I can, can i still catch ANOTHER shyamin?

Just wondering.
    Thanks

Events for pokemon are different than events for items to get pokemon. Sometime late this year/ early next year there is expected to be an event in America to get Oak's Letter in Platinum. The fact that you have already received a Shaymin through TRU doesn't mean you can't get Oak's Letter. The two events have no relation except for the fact that they both involve Shaymin.

The Shaymin you received is not the Shaymin that is in Flower Paradise, meaning that, yes, once you get Oak's Letter you can get another Shaymin. Only in Platinum though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2023
    Unless you use an Action Replay to either activate the event or use the Walk/Run Anywhere cheat and get to Flower Paradise.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Unless you use an Action Replay to either activate the event or use the Walk/Run Anywhere cheat and get to Flower Paradise.

Not quite.

In Plat, Darkrai and Shaymin aren't just waiting there. The in-game event must be activated. Otherwise, their respective islands will be empty.

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    I was just wondering please correct me if i'm not posting the right spot but is the wi-fi mystery gift gonna work on platinum or is it just for the Japenese Versions?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    I think I did a bad thing...

Well, a while back there was a Darkrai event and I wanted it, but I forgot and remembered the day after it was over, so that same day, my friend came over and coincidently, he brought his action replay (TEMPTATION), so... I used it HESITANTLY and got the event ticket, and caught Darkrai, is what I did wrong? And is my Darkrai hacked?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Well, it is hacked, cause you did use AR to get the ticket. So it isn't necessarily legit. But other than that, it is the same as a legit....just don't do it again cause I heard it might mess up your game if you do it continuously.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Well, a while back there was a Darkrai event and I wanted it, but I forgot and remembered the day after it was over, so that same day, my friend came over and coincidently, he brought his action replay (TEMPTATION), so... I used it HESITANTLY and got the event ticket, and caught Darkrai, is what I did wrong? And is my Darkrai hacked?

The ticket for D/P was never released.

The ticket is ONLY available for Japanese Platinum.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    The ticket for D/P was never released.

The ticket is ONLY available for Japanese Platinum.
    Well, I checked on the pokemon website, the english Pokemon website and it said at Toys R Us there would be a Darkrai Giveaway, but I had to catch him the old fashion way.

EDIT: I meant the Member's Card, not an event ticket.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Well, I checked on the pokemon website, the english Pokemon website and it said at Toys R Us there would be a Darkrai Giveaway, but I had to catch him the old fashion way.

EDIT: I meant the Member's Card, not an event ticket.

TRU HAS distributed the ALAMOS Darkrai, which is distributed via Wonder Card. Is that what you meant? No one has distributed any event tickets outside of Japan.

But none of the 4th gen key items have been distributed outside of Japan. Japan has gotten the Secret Key for Rotom, Member's Card for Japanese Darkrai, and will be getting Oak's Letter for Japanese Platinum Shaymin.

The US is set to get the Secret Key for Platinum, and TRU has an upcoming giveaway of a special Regigias which'll unlock the Bird trio in Platinum.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Well, since my original post was erased when the original thread was moved...

As far as this forum is concerned, the Darkrai that you obtained through that method is hacked. Whether what you did was right or wrong, however, is up to you, as long as you are the only player affected. Still, trading that Darkrai on this forum, as already noted, would count as trading a hacked Pokemon and thus would not be a good idea.

The US is set to get the Secret Key for Platinum, and TRU has an upcoming giveaway of a special Regigias which'll unlock the Bird trio in Platinum.

...I know that you meant to type this, but just for clarification for those who are not as aware: the upcoming Regigigas event is actually meant to unlock the Regi trio, not the Legendary Birds.

Back