• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Upcoming Events Information & Events Discussion Thread

Which game do you plan to get Jirachi on?

• Diamond

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Pearl

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Platinum

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • I don't plan on getting it

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
    Years
    its not that bad!!! its a pretty good move to have on pikachu. :(
    I like the move, it's just the animation that I'm dissapointed with. The animation isn't horrible, but it would have been cooler IMO if it was some kind of cross between Spark and Giga Impact. It doesn't really look like it makes physical contact with the opponent, after all, it is a physical move.

But believe me, I'm excited to have a Shiny Pikachu with Volt Tackle. :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2012
    HELP!

Did i see previously that it is not possible to do the shaymin/ prof. oak's letter event on pokemon pearl?

Is this true!?

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    I have no clue why I'm answering this.
    YOU MAY ONLY OBTAIN OAK'S LETTER ON PLATINUM.
    Sheesh, do you ever check Pokemon.com? And I'm sure this question has been answered a thousand times before.

Shiny Shaymin

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    Yeah, well the next event, which is the Azure Flute event, will be compatible with Diamond and Pearl, too.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    Ummmmmm.....

How do you know it's going to be the Azure Flute? It's probably going to be released as a Movie Arceus, similar to the way Shaymin was first released.

It's most likely so. I'm presuming a movie Arceus not on the Internet and the Azure Flute on the Internet.

Yeah, well the next event, which is the Azure Flute event, will be compatible with Diamond and Pearl, too.

That's speculation. Some people think DP aren't getting them because of the glitches and the Azure Flute is unaffected by the glitches, so will be released. But I highly doubt that.

Years
    It's most likely so. I'm presuming a movie Arceus not on the Internet and the Azure Flute on the Internet.
    Thought so.

BTW, have you noticed that the Arceus shown on the Pokemon Platinum website is NOT in a Cherish ball? Just a regular old pokeball. But it IS at LV 100, tho. Weird.(Azure Flute Arceus is at LV 80)

That's speculation. Some people think DP aren't getting them because of the glitches and the Azure Flute is unaffected by the glitches, so will be released. But I highly doubt that.

If the Azure Flute is released, it'll likely be in Japan first. Other countries seem to mirror Japan with about a 6 month gap, so I'll have to see it show up there before I have any faith in it.

And what glitches are we speaking of?

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    The Surf glitch in Aaron's room allowed the obtaining of Shaymin and Darkrai in Japanese DP. And 'tweaking' (moving in special ways that stops the overworld from loading properly) allowed it in English DP.

Shiny Shaymin

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    I guess I meant to say the next event that you can catch a Pokemon in. I wasn't talking about events where they just give you a Pokemon. I should have specified.

scyfer

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    theres a new arceus event november 7th-15th at toys r us
    for diamond, pearl, and platinum
    and its a special arceus that will unlock an event in heart gold/soul silver in the ruins where you can choose either a dialga, palkia, or giratina, all in lv.1, and they each have special moves
    palkia: hydro pump
    dialga: metal burst
    giratina: shadow sneak

thought you should know
    -scyfer

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
    My question is:

With the Toys-R-Us Arceus, what are some clues to look for in the Arceus for those of us who aren't going to be able to access the event (though the event's last day is the day after my birthday, so I'll probably be able to go get an Arceus)?
    Do we assume OT TRU/Cherish Ball, or do we play it safe and wait for someone to post it all over the web first?

*WishMaker*

- the guy over the wall
    Years
    *sigh*
    Might as well post what i have on my thread here, as bobandbill locked it because of this thread.

According to Nintendo Power (Nintendo Magazine)the English Arceus is going to be distributed from Toys"R"Us from November 7th to the 15th!

Nintendo Power: The final addition to your Pokemon Diamond, Pokemon Pearl, and Pokemon Platinum version Pokedex is nearly here.
    We're not kidding- this is the last Pokemon that will ever be discovered in Pokemon Diamond, Pokemon Pearl, and Pokemon Platinum versions! From November 7th through the 15th, the rare, Normal-type Alpha Pokemon Arceus will be available for distribution at all Toys "R" Us stores in the US and Puerto Rico. Just bring your Nintendo DS with one of the games mentioned above and Arceus is yours! You'll definitely want this Pokemon on your team since it has the ability Multitype that allows it to change type along with its color with use of certain items. With such a versatile Pokemon on your side, you'll be ready for just about anything the opposing trainer can throw at you!

I do not claim the paragraph above to be mine in any way. Full credits for the paragraph goes to Nintendo Power.

Any thoughts?

I wonder, is the Arceus going to be at Lv100 like the Jap. one?

Years
    Nov 09 Event Arceus D/P

It'd be nice if you would clarify that Arceus is a USA only Toys-R-Us event. I do not believe it will also be available in European TRU's in Nov 09 (boo-hoo). Unless anyone knows otherwise, of course.

Years
    It'd be nice if you would clarify that Arceus is a USA only Toys-R-Us event. I do not believe it will also be available in European TRU's in Nov 09 (boo-hoo). Unless anyone knows otherwise, of course.

Serebii dot net said the Rotom TRU Event was US when I first heard of the news. I got it from Canadian TRU and live in Canada. I think the mention of US may mean North America.

bluecat

just another day
    Years
    Well it's ncie to see they finally confirmed this is a TRU event. Thankfully I have one near my house. I'm glad it lasts a week too, should be able to stop by on a free day. I was afraid it'd be a weekend thing only or something...

SCV058

The Able Vet
    Years
    That Arceus is gonna be awesome. As explained on the official pokemon site, Arceus will be contained in a Cherish Ball, be holding a Rowap Berry, and have the moves Judgment, Shadow Force, Roar of Time, and Spacial Rend. It will also unlock the Shinto Ruins in HGSS.

This event is occuring ONLY in United States and Puerto Rice

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Well, the timing sucks. I'm gonna be by my local Toys R Us next Wednesday (before the event..). But if it had been later (i.e., December) I would have been really mad since I wouldn't have easy access then:/

Eh, I guess I'll just take the bus out there again. It's only $1.50 each way and I can stop in a nice restaurant afterward for a decent lunch for a change :P

Might as well pick Arceus up to complete the Pokedex, even if I have no intention of actually using it.

Still would've been better as a Mystery Gift thing... make people waste gas/public transportation money just to run out there... I wonder if Nintendo and Toys R Us have some deal going on with Exxon Mobil or something.

Okay, my rant's over XD

Back