• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Upcoming Events Information & Events Discussion Thread

Which game do you plan to get Jirachi on?

• Diamond

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Pearl

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Platinum

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • I don't plan on getting it

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    A poll doesn't mean anything.

In addition to the poll:
    Pokebeach said:
    The official GTS website journal has posted a question asking, "Which of these is your favorite game feature?" The options you can vote for are Pikachu, Piplup, Shaymin, and Meowth. This is the first time Shaymin has been acknowledged on an official English Pokemon website. Could this random question be foreshadowing an upcoming Shaymin reveal?

The poll itself doesn't have any meaning. But the fact that Shaymin is an option and is revealed on an official english Pokemon site is pretty interesting. As for foreshadowing an upcoming Shaymin reveal, I think it is just an accident.

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
    You can't say Shaymin was officially announced as a US Pokemon event yet. Just because it's on an English site, doesn't mean anything. Piplup and Meowth are on there. Does that mean there are Piplup and Meowth events too? That's basically what you're saying about Shaymin.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Piplup and Meowth are on there. Does that mean there are Piplup and Meowth events too? That's basically what you're saying about Shaymin.

...What? Neither Piplup nor Meowth had yet to be acknowledged on an official English site. How exactly is that even close?

True Justice

Years
    You can't say Shaymin was officially announced as a US Pokemon event yet. Just because it's on an English site, doesn't mean anything. Piplup and Meowth are on there. Does that mean there are Piplup and Meowth events too? That's basically what you're saying about Shaymin.

No one is saying Shaymin has currently been announced as an event. You told Mence Master to move the discussion of Shaymin's English reveal from his old thread (which you closed), to this thread. His old thread never mentioned any event being revealed, it was simply stating that the English Pokemon site has officially/accidentally revealed Shaymin's existance. So I'm not quite sure where you're getting the assumption that we're saying an event is coming out.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I figure I might as well give getting an event a shot today. I wonder if they will let me use my Platinum card to get it?

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I know that, but Platinum hasn't been released in the US yet and neither is there a tentative date for it to be released. so i makes me wonder if the people working at TRU will accept it as a legit card.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I know that, but Platinum hasn't been released in the US yet and neither is there a tentative date for it to be released. so i makes me wonder if the people working at TRU will accept it as a legit card.

Japanese card accepting an English event? I wouldn't count on it working.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    I figure I might as well give getting an event a shot today. I wonder if they will let me use my Platinum card to get it?

The sign at TRU specifically says "English copy of POKEMON DIAMOND or POKEMON PEARL."

While this might be some BS that NOA is pulling off (because NOA refuses to acknowledge the existence of Pokemon Platinum or Shaymin), it probably won't work.

However, I've heard second hand accounts of English carts working at the Movie events for Darkrai and Shaymin.

True Justice

Years
    Toys R Us (TRU) Dragonite:
    Level: 50
    Ball: Cherish
    OT: TRU
    ID: 11088
    Nature: Mild
    Apparently had a fateful encounter at Lv. 50.
    Moveset:
    Draco Meteor
    Thunderbolt
    Outrage
    Dragon Dance
    Item: Yache Berry
    It does NOT have a Classic Ribbon

Well I just got back from the event. Since CME has most of the info already posted, I edited the post with all of the data for those who are trying to get one from the GTS or Wifi Trade Corner.

Last edited:

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    Japanese card accepting an English event? I wouldn't count on it working.

The sign at TRU specifically says "English copy of POKEMON DIAMOND or POKEMON PEARL."

While this might be some BS that NOA is pulling off (because NOA refuses to acknowledge the existence of Pokemon Platinum or Shaymin), it probably won't work.

However, I've heard second hand accounts of English carts working at the Movie events for Darkrai and Shaymin.

well I tried it anyway and got the answer straight from the TRU employee guidebook for Nintendo Events.
    "All TRU events are for English games only. No foreign cards will work" well I guess I was lucky I had my diamond and Pearl cards there so I was able to get 2 dragonites.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I've finally got Dragonite it's my first event I've gotten at the exact place. Not trading.

Toushiro319

10th Squad Taicho!
    Years
    I just got my D-nite. =D It only comes in Mild =/ Makes it's Attack lower, but raises Sp. Atk.... Though it does have Draco Meteor and T-Bolt... Which are Sp. Atks... So, I guess it's ok.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    I just got my D-nite. =D It only comes in Mild =/ Makes it's Attack lower, but raises Sp. Atk.... Though it does have Draco Meteor and T-Bolt... Which are Sp. Atks... So, I guess it's ok.

Mild raises special attack and lowers physical defense. Neutral affect on physical attack.

Good for choice Specs set.

Back