• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Upcoming Events Information & Events Discussion Thread

Which game do you plan to get Jirachi on?

• Diamond

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Pearl

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Platinum

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • I don't plan on getting it

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters

KinaWolf24

Unleash the Hounds
    Years
    I don't know what to do with it >.> I'm afraid to train it in case I need to trade it later.

Same thing with some legendaries and shinys I've got.

I'm re-doing FireRed so I can get all of the starters and the legendary dogs. :D I got to the Victory Road and called it a day.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    Got myself a couple of Pichu's a few days ago, I'm not really impressed with them though. XD

They are my first legit shinies though, but too bad I didn't really catch them myself. I am looking forward to the Jirachi event though.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Which was the last non wi-fi event in the uk and are there any upcoming ones? Thanks.
    I believe the last was the Regigigas event last summer. I'm pretty sure we'll be getting an Arceus event some time soon (maybe over the Easter holidays), but there's nothing confirmed.
    I got it yesterday <3

Volt tackle has recoil damage ;x IMO it's worthless
    Volt Tackle also has 120 base power and 100 accuracy, as well as a chance to paralyze. It's easily the best physical Electric move in the game (aren't Pikachu and Raichu's Attack stats generally higher than their Sp. Atk?).

KinaWolf24

Unleash the Hounds
    Years
    I believe the last was the Regigigas event last summer. I'm pretty sure we'll be getting an Arceus event some time soon (maybe over the Easter holidays), but there's nothing confirmed.QUOTE]

When's the next US event, do you know? What about the Jarachi event? I haven't heard anything confirmed on it (I haven't go to check yet, because the school's server blocks it.) I'm hoping it's a Gamestop event, so I can get it.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I know this doesn't have anything to do with the Gamestop Pichu, or the Draco Meteor Jirachi, but wouldn't it be cool to have Anime events?

I mean Pokemon that appear in the Anime but make a wi-fi event for that pokemon.

After watching DP142, "Where no Togepi had gone before", I was thinking that it would be cool to have a Pokemon event based after the Togepi, like this.

Upcoming Events Information & Events Discussion Thread
    @ Petaya Berry
    Female
    Trait: Hustle
    Nature: Naughty
    OT: DP142
    - Substitute
    - Psychic
    - Flamethrower
    - Attract

I think that'd be nifty.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    When's the next US event, do you know? What about the Jarachi event? I haven't heard anything confirmed on it (I haven't go to check yet, because the school's server blocks it.) I'm hoping it's a Gamestop event, so I can get it.
    Yeah, there's a Jirachi event at Gamestop happening soon. The exact details of dates etc aren't known yet. See the official Pokémon website.

Why can't these be released over WiFi?
    Nintendo wants you to go into Gamestop and buy their games :P

EDIT: Supposedly, the dates are 27th February until 13th March.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Yeah, a lot of places don't held the events. However, at least there is Wi-Fi where you can trade for the events? ;o
    Then again chances are, you'd have to have some good pokémon to trade in a fair matter.

I do recall a customer asking about the Jirachi event in Gamestop while I was getting the Pikachu-Colored Pichu. The man responded that there will be one (as Wichu said) so I'm pretty sure I'll be wanting to get it. Though I am not a huge Jirachi fan, I'm an event collector so when the release date is confirmed I'll be sure to head to Gamestop. ;]

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    Anyone wanna explain how I would get the event pokemon? I happen to live a block away from a gamestop xD, So would I just go there and hop on there wifi or something and it will automatically download it into my game or what? xD

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    ^ In order to obtain an event through Gamestop, all you have to do is go there and turn on your game. In the start menu, select Mystery Gift and 'Receive through Wireless'. >_>; If I remember correctly it's either that or 'Receive with Wi-Fi'. Once all the information goes through, start your game up and go to the nearest pokémart and you will see a man dressed all in green. Make sure you have an empty slot in your team party and he will give you the event. :3

KinaWolf24

Unleash the Hounds
    Years
    Anyone wanna explain how I would get the event pokemon? I happen to live a block away from a gamestop xD, So would I just go there and hop on there wifi or something and it will automatically download it into my game or what? xD

All you should have to do is go in, turn on your DS, start pokemon, and a messege should pop up. Just follow the instructions. If your Gamestop has the event, they'll have a poster up. The pokemon you recieve will be waiting at a shop.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    ^ In order to obtain an event through Gamestop, all you have to do is go there and turn on your game. In the start menu, select Mystery Gift and 'Receive through Wireless'. >_>; If I remember correctly it's either that or 'Receive with Wi-Fi'. Once all the information goes through, start your game up and go to the nearest pokémart and you will see a man dressed all in green. Make sure you have an empty slot in your team party and he will give you the event. :3
    Thank you so much :3, ^_^

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
    UK Arceus GAME event confirmed!

Saturday 13th March
    Glasgow Fort - 285 Provan Walk, Glasgow Fort Shopping Centre, Junction 10 - M8, Glasgow, G34 9DY
    Castle Court, Belfast - Unit 55, Castle Court Shopping Centre, Belfast Ireland, BT1 1DD
    The Fort, Manchester - Unit 18, Manchester Fort, Shopping Centre, Manchester, Lancashire, M8 8EP
    Nuneaton - 7-9 Queens Road, Nuneaaton, Warickshire, CV11 5JL
    Swansea - Unit 2, The Pod, Morfa Retail Park, Swansea, West Glamorgan, SA1 7DF
    Oxford St, London - 100 Oxford Street, London, W1D 9LL
    Brighton - 43-44 Western Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 2EB

Sunday 14th March
    Dundee - ...
    Craigavon - Unit 16, Rushmere Shopping Centre, Craigavon, BT64 1AA
    Meadowhall, Sheffield - Unit 29, High Street, Meadowhall Centre, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S9 1EN
    Bedford - 27-29 Midland Road, Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK40 1PL
    Cardiff - 92 Queen Street, Cardiff, South Glamorgan, CF10 2GR
    Norwich - 2-10 Back of the Inns, Norwich, Norfolk, NR2 1PT
    Portsmouth - 226 Commercial Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO1 1HG

Saturday 20th March
    Gateshead - 17 Red Pathway, Metro Centre, Gateshead, NE11 9HX
    Preston - Unit 8, Fishergate Centre, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 8HJ
    Selfridges, Birmingham - 2nd Floor, Upper Mall East, Bullring, Birmingham, B5 4BP
    Aylesbury - Units 36-37, Friars Sq. Shopping Centre, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP20 2SP
    Cabot Circus, Bristol - SU16 Cabot Circus, Broadmead, Bristol, BS1 3BH
    Kingston - 64-66 Clearence Street, Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, KT1 1NP
    Plymouth - 81-83 New George Street, Plymouth, Devon, PL1 1RB

Sunday 21st March
    Newcastle - 3 Chevy Chase, Eldon Square, Newcastle, Tyne and Wear, NE1 7XP
    Liverpool - Unit 44, South John Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, L1 8BU
    Wolverhampton - 55 Dudley Street, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WW1 3EY
    Harrow - 68-70 St Anns Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 1JX
    Hanley - 214-215 The Potteries, Hanley, Staffordshire, ST1 1PS
    Reading - Unit 18, Oracle Shopping Centre Reading, Berkshire, RG1 2AQ
    Monks Cross, Callington - Unit B, Monks Cross Retail Park, Huntington, York, YO32 9GX

Sources:
    https://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=13168&cm_sp=pokemon-_-topnav-_-participatingstores

https://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Back