• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: ur mcscused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    I joined this site when I was like 12. Made for a lot of noob years days. Hard to believe that I've been here for almost 6 years, though from 2012-2015 I logged in once every six months.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    You know... PC actually has a much more mature (both biologically and mentally, heck i'll include emotionally as well) than some other boards I've been on. CoD forums... not to fire shots on them but never again. Sometimes i feel ashamed when i try to sound or act "edgy" on a thread where i end up sounding more like an idiot. I keep forgetting that Pokemon is such a timeless franchise that many of our most vocal of members are much more hardcore and experienced fans than i am.

I'm probably one of the youngest members around, I joined at December 31st, 2014, the same night i downloaded a bunch of roms for VBA, and of course for Liquid crystal as I can't lie about that.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    I can only imagine how much stupidity must be lurking within a CoD forum.

It was a dark and stormy night years ago, we were discussing the results of the boxing match of Manny Pacquiao and Oscar Dela Hoya. I actually made some comments about how Manny dumpstered Dela Hoya throughout that fight in a non-biased manner and when some members saw that I had a Filipino Flag, Boom racist remarks. Like ultra racist remarks and trash talk everywhere. I laughed at the attempt though.

That stupid. And it wasn't even about CoD. But there were still areas that looked pretty legit, mostly on those areas where people talked about CoD4 and CoD2. I could easily relate. But the off-topic threads.... Jesus Christ in Heaven.

Heck since i mentioned it, I might go on a covert operation on the CoD forum i used to visit. >:)))))

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
    I wouldn't doubt any of that for a second. One of the main reasons I quit playing CoD was the piss-poor quality of the conversations people would be having.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Well i wanted to say something about League but yeah, its something that's bound to happen to F2P + popular gaming communities. Well CoD isn't exactly f2p but its one of those game series that are so easy to pick up and play that low quality people do exist... kinda like in League..

I won't say much though, being at the higher ELO ground is sorta a blessing for me at least where toxicity is far less.

Also, here's a moment that i had in a not to be identified CoD forum years ago. The background may look familiar for some really old and experienced people but I'll keep. I don't want to be accused of promoting other sites
    Spoiler:

And like every other site ever, they also had a "Random Insanity" or "Off topic" section with a "Rate the above user's avatar" game. Well that guy sure just called Gundam 00's Tieria Erde (A man) a "chick" and was probably enjoying himself with it too. I couldn't resist. Also, LOL'd at a sig i did years ago.. I was too much of a CoD Guy back in the day.

I couldn't get any screenies of the really hilarious arguments i often got myself into from a bunch of Codders. Too Edgy 4 PC. I'd rather keep our good ole forum clean rather than stain it with the piles of scarab dung i got myself into when people in those forums tried to invoke a negative reaction from myself.

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    New notifications bar I see.

I kind of liked the old one more...

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    They take a while at getting used to. I kinda like how it matches with the black bar above as I'm using the Forum Default. That Groudon and Kyogre Background still helps me relax though

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    I like the new black notifications bar. I was also on last night when (presumably Jake?) added it and for a while there was both the new notifications bar and the old one at the same time, which looked pretty funny since they overlapped.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back