• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

US Elections 2008: The Results, Voting Experience and Consequences

What is the MOST important Global/Domestic Issue for the next US Administration?

• Global Economy/Financial Reform

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Global Poverty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Healthcare Reform

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Environment

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Human Rights

• Terrorism/Wars in the Middle East

• International Trade

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nuclear Proliferation

• Don't Know

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
  • I guess I can't force you to not be that opinionated about the south. But you make it sound like there's something wrong with being Republican and/or religious.

You're flat our wrong about 9/11...and over 90% of the country will agree with me. Conspiracy theories have been long proven false, and even those to the very far left agree that it wasn't an inside job. Why don't you search google instead?

And I can accept your views about Bush. That's fine, and even I'll admit he's made mistakes.

I usually dont go into politics as its a very touchy matter but i wanna give my 2 cents:
    Mc Cain gets lected president something went wrong. And it could mea very bad things. I wouldnt be suprised fi he didnt follow bush's footsteps.
    Obama could make the change. Just that is if the racist minorities let him live long enough.
    edit:Aurafire did you just say a few posts up that only 300 people died in 9/11?!@_@ My god it was about 2000+ that were lost. I acually have the luck to have been living in new york the time it happened not to mention that my dad could have been there that day.

Uh....did you read my post? I said 3000....

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • Well technically I didn't vote in the real election... but my school held a mock election a few weeks ago. Obama ~80% and McCain was 11%. And I live in Utah! Well, Salt Lake City is pretty much solidly democratic, but I thought it would be a little closer.

My Mom voted about a week ago, she was in and out in 15 minutes. So next election I'm definitely voting early.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • I'm at my university and registered back in New York, so I did my absentee ballot and voted for Obama a couple weeks ago. Not exactly exciting, but I still voted!^^

Years
  • I voted for the first time today at my former high school. I was in and out with my mother in five minutes, most of which was chatting with a poll worker. My father voted the previous day because he is a poll worker in a different voting district. Also here is a link to streaming returns.

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • First results are coming in....Kentucky has gone to McCain, while New Hampshire and Pennsylvania, a key battle ground state, have gone to Obama. Based on early numbers, it's not looking good for McCain. (Not like we expected anything else XD)

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
  • Well, this election is pretty much over. Obama has 174 according to most places and he will get 55 more in California for sure, not to mention all of his other predicted wins. Looks like we know who the next president will be, not that we didn't already.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Election Results

Barrack Obama has been declared presidential elect by winning 284 electoral votes.​

Last edited:

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2012
    Yep, I'm happy as heck..
    OBAMA FOR YOUR MAMA!

Emii

I'll Keep Orbiting For You★
    Years
  • ..so I hope Obama will be as good as everyone thinks. Honestly, I've heard alot of religious people saying stuff that scares the crap out of me. although I'm not really the most religious person.. I hope nothing bad like that is true. I hope he'll be a good pesident. ^_^

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
  • YES! He won! Of course if you've been reading this thread I'm sure you already know that. :x
    I KNEW IT! I've known for a month Obama would win.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • woo!!!

Obama is president!!!
    like the last person said, i'm happy as heck! this is a wonderful day ppl! for 400 years, since the dawn of presidency, the presidents have all been white. but finally, a man has made history as the first African-American president!
    i almost cried tears of joy when i saw the results.

take that McCain! :P

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • All I can say is, I sure hope Obama can accomplish most of what he wants to. If he seems to be able to, more power to him. Otherwise it's going to be a long, cold 4 years of more "so!?! is it done yet!? Your amazing plan to fix the US!?!"

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Obama is president... I hoped for McCain, but oh well... Obama can handle well I suppose...

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    I'm still sort of in disbelief, but now I know that I've have truly witnessed history. For the first time in history, America has elected an African-American president. If Obama can live up to his promises, i'm sure the next four years will be one of the greatest presidencies in this country's history.

Back