• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

US Elections 2008: The Results, Voting Experience and Consequences

What is the MOST important Global/Domestic Issue for the next US Administration?

• Global Economy/Financial Reform

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Global Poverty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Healthcare Reform

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Environment

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Human Rights

• Terrorism/Wars in the Middle East

• International Trade

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nuclear Proliferation

• Don't Know

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
Years
  • obama is number 44, but he is number one with being the 1st african american president. woot woot.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Best. Election. Ever.

Obama deserves to be the president of the USA, and to be the first African-American, epic.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • Great!

Finally it looks like the US will have a decent President. I hope David Palmer Barack Obama can instaurate the countermeasures needed to fix that bureauratic mess. In practical terms I highly doubt so, but when we look at the hardships and the achievements that have marked the history of african-american US Presidents so far, one can only hope.

Now let's hope he next President is either a woman, a transgenic, an indocumented immigrant or a mystery writer. Little by little the US will recover its bright, common sense will reach again the brains of the people, and the absurdities of the Monroe Doctrine will be finally left behind.

Oh... by the way... I originally rooted for Hillary. Still, right now I'm more than happy.:D

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • Guess what McCain did:

MCCAIN CONCEDED THE ELECTION

So I guess that means:

Obama IS OFFICIALLY The President.

God Bless this Country. I'm so damn proud of Virginia.
    I'm just shocked that Florida was a blue state. 0.o

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Eh, Obama is a fine president. I was leaning to McCain, but Obama does not seem to bad. The only thing I didn't like about him was that he takes all the money from the people who work for it and gives it to people that need to work more, I might be wrong.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I hope that Obama can go through with his promises for America, and change the US for the better.

I was sure he would win anyway, though.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Now, let's wait to see if anyone besides me actually LIKED of feels sorry for McCain!

~Mooshykris

Guest123_x1

I'm not expecting much better in an Obama administration, especially when it comes to economics, social programs, and foreign policy. Same would've been for McCain.

I made this banner and used it in my signature on some other message boards I post to (including the Michigan Radio and TV Buzzboard)
    moreofthesame2.png

According to libertarian columnist and writer Lew Rockwell on his LRC Blog at LewRockwell.com:
    Bush Defeated

That is the one clear message of this election. Like Herbert Hoover, W. is paying the price for a Fed depression he helped ignite. Actually, not like Hoover, since he was a man of peace. Bush is covered in innocent blood.
    Anthony Gregory is also responding to the whipping of the GOP:
    Ha ha, Republicans

I'm already dreading Democratic monopoly government. And yet, I have to laugh at the Republicans right now.

After 40 years, you finally captured Congress in '94. You worked with Clinton to expand the government. You covered up his crimes.

Six years later, you got the presidency. For eight years now, you've had it all. You've doubled the national debt in less than a decade. You've slaughtered a million people. You've torn the soul out of the Bill of Rights.

Today, Americans said no to your ridiculous character politics and politics of fear of the other.

Today, Americans decided they didn't want at least your particular type of sick warmongering.

Today, they said they don't trust you with their wallets any more than anyone else.

Today, they decided they hated you so much, they'd even prefer the Democrats to you. Hahahahaha.

Sometimes we have forgotten how bad the Republicans are. No matter how bad the future is, let us not forget again.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • Eh, Obama is a fine president. I was leaning to McCain, but Obama does not seem to bad. The only thing I didn't like about him was that he takes all the money from the people who work for it and gives it to people that need to work more, I might be wrong.

I think it's a fair trade-off. (I've always supported the thing with "everyone has roughly the same amount of money")

I just hope the Secret Service does a VERY good job protecting Mr.Obama =/
    The ONLY thing I don't like about this is that for the next 4 years I'll have to listen to my grandfather whining about a black guy being president (and various other negitivity against Obama)

Emii

I'll Keep Orbiting For You★
    Years
  • Now, let's wait to see if anyone besides me actually LIKED of feels sorry for McCain!

~Mooshykris

I felt sorry for McCain.. XD if Obama lost, I would have felt bad for him too, though.. I feel sorry for people alot though, I'm just sensitive that way.

anyway.. WHY doesn't this country choose by the popular vote? they should.. Obama would still win, and it makes alot more sense, IMO.

but who cares, I'm off to Canada within a few years. XD

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • I felt sorry for McCain.. XD if Obama lost, I would have felt bad for him too, though.. I feel sorry for people alot though, I'm just sensitive that way.

anyway.. WHY doesn't this country choose by the popular vote? they should.. Obama would still win, and it makes alot more sense, IMO.

but who cares, I'm off to Canada within a few years. XD

I do too, haha. It's a little unfair. Sometimes I almost think the losing candidate should receive a lower ranked position somewhere in office, rather than spending all that money for nothing. *shrug*

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • I do too, haha. It's a little unfair. Sometimes I almost think the losing candidate should receive a lower ranked position somewhere in office, rather than spending all that money for nothing. *shrug*

That's what they used to do. President got elected, and his opponent scored VP. And then they found out that putting two people who have been at each others' throats and opposing each others' views for almost a year in a position where they had to work together was a bad idea. XD (If I recall correctly, that was one of the problems with Jefferson's term. Or was it a slightly later president?)

Of course, this was also back in the day when people really fought dirty in elections.

Otherwise, my views on the next four years can be summed up essentially by the first line of Otter's last post.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I just want to say that I woke up just to see that Obama had won by a great difference. I'm so happy right now, and I'm happy the US didn't disappoint me yet again. Bye Bush. Hello change. I hope he lives up to his hype... and then the world will be a much better place.

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
  • The only thing I'm not so excited for with Obama is the fact that he's going to raise income taxes for people that make over a certain amount and my family does. :\ So our taxes are going to go up, but other than that, I'm excited to have a Democratic President and listen to someone that actually has public speaking skills!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • The only thing I'm not so excited for with Obama is the fact that he's going to raise income taxes for people that make over a certain amount and my family does. :\ So our taxes are going to go up, but other than that, I'm excited to have a Democratic President and listen to someone that actually has public speaking skills!
    Taxes go up as you make more money anyway - regardless of party. It's called progressive taxing. I dislike progressive taxing and I dislike regressive taxing. I don't think anyone should be paying more because they're more successful. I don't think there should be cuts for the which either. I'd like a flat proportional tax.

That said, I think Obama's method will be good for a while because the middle class (and lower) is hurting. Big corporations like tax breaks, but I don't know if the incentive is there. By taking work to other shores they still may be making more money than if they kept workers here and took Obama's tax break.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Yes the secret service will do a god job. Hopefully such a good job that when walking obama will have a human shield wall around him. Hmm are the troops still in iraq? If ao then he needs to get them out of there!

Guest123_x1

Now that the Republicans are continuing their downfall, the Conservative movement, the Smaller Government movement, the liberty movement, the fiscal responsibility movement, the free markets movement, the GOP itself-all have been terminally damaged from the implosion of the Bush Regime.
    I'm expecting this Democratic majority to last MUCH LONGER than 40 years-maybe even permanently! (forget the mantra from Karl Rove about a "permanent Republican majority"-any hopes of such were hosed long time ago by the Bush Regime and its tactics.)
    According to "Digital Driver" at the Great Lakes Atrium forum (and another Libertarian, similar to me):
    "This Republican administration has presided over the biggest government expansion in U.S. history, and they're finally being held accountable for it. I have no sympathy."

Anyways, with Obama now President-elect, maybe the nightmare caused by the Bush regime will finally end, but I'm not too confident that it will.

On to the state and local-level races...
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back