• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen US or EU version

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
Years
  • (Having seen that I failed at reading the topic...)

The game card should have a serial below the main part of the Pokémon logo. With Pearl I believe it's "NTR-APAP-USA" if it's an American version or "NTR-APAP-EUR" if it's a European (unsure as to whether this is correct, having only owned American game cards).

I love how everyone is using the serial for reference. XD There's a much easier way to check the cartridge than that, and its a fair bit more noticable, too.

US Versions have an ESRB Rating on the bottom-left, while European versions (or at least UK versions) have "CE" in the bottom-right. Sorry to those who already pointed this out, since I didn't check through the thread completely.

As for me, I have a US version of each of Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, while I have two European Versions of Diamond and Pearl (why, I don't know, so don't ask XD; ) and a Japanese version of Platinum.

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
  • Well obviously.. I Got the US Version because of the Language :3.. Im from Philippines that's why.. * laughs *.. and im good at English.. that's all what i can say.

-Yasumin

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    Even though I'm in Europe, I got an American Pearl before the EU release date, cos I saw it in a shop and there was no sense in not getting it, as I had the money with me.
    The shop near me imports a few games is what I mean.

Back