• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Vale Institute of Magic (M) (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perplexity

The Crazy One
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 28, 2013
Porsche
Porsche sat there on the gym floor, her mind wholly uninterested at the evaluations around her. She had no time for these trivial matters. Neanderthals trying to show their strength. If not for the idiocy, she might have laughed and enjoyed such a barbaric display. As it stood though, she just thought them all moronic and beneath her, as they naturally were.

Turning the page with a quick lick and flick of her finger, she was curious what lay in wait on the next page. It was a scientific journal, its main focus on the inner workings of electronic circuitry. She was enraptured by it, taking in every page like it was gold. Gold, oddly enough, she knew a ton about, just like any metallic element. Her parents had seen to that. Gold was actually fairly common in circuits, she had come to learn. Maybe that was a reason electronics and her seemed to…react.

Her studious trance was broken in a moments notice. Where at once she was happy and alone, she had a man, a teacher she guessed, looming over her and nagging her with questions. She sighed and stood up, sticking the book back into her messenger bag. Straightening her clothes and looking him in the eye, she fired off the necessary information.

"Porsche, sixteen, metal, you're welcome." Porsche smirked sarcastically, her face contorted in a smug mock at the man in front of her. "I hardly need a prop," she whispered and focused her energy downward, her feet feeling at once heavy and light. Porsche could feel the magnetic fields of the Earth beneath her feet. Iron, mercury and other assorted traces, she could pick them out individually as she extended her touch on the poles.

Ever so slowly, she began to hover, her petite body lifting off the floor and hanging as if upon nothing. She began to push more and more, rising higher and higher. As she came to the ceiling, she touched it with a hand and gracefully let herself back down.

Landing with a thud heavier than her body should have made, she sat and pulled her book out again. "We done?"​

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2020
Maristella Reilly​

Nicholas looked deep in thought, apparently analyzing her words. They just stood there awkwardly for a long time. Aris didn't quite mind, however. She got lost in her thoughts a lot too, and she appreciated when people just let her think when it wasn't too urgent instead of rudely snapping her out of it. Snapping was really rude, actually. It was very showy and flashy, and sort of mean to those who couldn't snap. Aris could snap, but a few of her friends couldn't. Then again, the ones that couldn't snap tended to be sort of snappy...

Soon Aris was deep in thought as well, thinking about snapping and people and expressions and more. Thus, she was even more shocked when there was a blunt, heavy pain in the back of her head. She didn't have time to react before her knees gave out from beneath her and she blacked out.

--------------------------​

Aris woke up without much fanfare, blinking away her tiredness and yawning a few times before somewhat fully absorbing her surroundings. It was pretty much completely stark white, although there were three other boys in the room with her. One blond guy was standing in the middle of the room, staring down another guy with brown hair sitting up on a bed a few beds down from her. The last she almost didn't notice, on the far side of the room laying face first.

"Hmmmm?" Aris said a bit quietly but still very audibly, not quite all there yet. Her head was throbbing for some reason, and she was still only piecing together where she was and why she was there.

Maristella Reilly​

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Scarlett Rose
Pyromancer from the "Rose" family
Vale Institute - Kraken's Den.

"Yeah... Same here. I..." Michael replied. Scarlett smiled softly at him. "I am not very good with talking to people though..." Michael confessed. Scarlett had already noticed this fact though and wasn't suprised to hear that. "I get along better with animals. They don't make fun of me, bully me, or run away from me, and I don't even have to talk a lot to them..." He smiled faintly. "Nonetheless, I came here. I'm not very good at using my powers, so coming here was a good idea..."

Scarlett completely understood what Michael was saying. She also got along better with animals but she was never allowed to have any. Even the cat plushes she had kept being burned down at night and made her upset and feel guilty. "Maybe I could help you with that?" Scarlett replied. "I've always been pretty open. There are people I prefer don't talk to, sure... but I'm not too shy I think. Maybe I could help you feel more at ease around people?" She patted Lance's back and scratched behind his ear. "I've always wanted a pet but I was never allowed to have any... so I always played with the cats of the neighbours."

Scarlett sat on her knees and looked up at Michael once again. "We have more in common that I thought." She suddenly said with a smile across her face. "I never thought I'd meet someone on this school who've been through the same things as me..."

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Michael Lee

Gently Angelic

Chapter I ― Part VIII
"Behind the Vale"

Michael's Room
x

"Maybe I could help you with that?" Scarlett replied. "I've always been pretty open. There are people I prefer don't talk to, sure... but I'm not too shy I think. Maybe I could help you feel more at ease around people? I've always wanted a pet but I was never allowed to have any... so I always played with the cats of the neighbors... We have more in common that I thought. I never thought I'd meet someone on this school who've been through the same things as me..."

Michael was listening quietly, watching his feet as he lightly kicked them over the side of the bed. By the last sentence, though, he looked to her, smiling as well. "Yeah... It's nice to have someone here who knows what it's like." Micheal reached into his bag, pulling out a cat toy: colorful feathers hanging on a string attached to a plastic rod. He smiled and watched Lance play when he flicked it around. After a few seconds, he looked back at Scarlett with a timid smile. "I-I'd like that..." His face was glowing red, completely out of his control. "Getting help being able to talk to people, I mean..." He handed the cat toy to Scarlett to give her the opportunity to play with Lance.

"I don't understand why people have to fight in this school, though." His face had flushed back to normal complexion, his eyes deep pools of blue as he thought out loud. "I thought the point of the school was to prevent disasters and help us use our powers productively... Why are the initiations all fighting?" He frowned as he looked down, crossing his arms as he rested them over his knees. "I'm lucky I was able to get in by just trying to show control... I don't think they're going to let me do that next time..." He sighed. "I don't like fighting..."

ChaosCrystal

黒竜 影
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 16, 2014
Crystal Nightwish

Infirmary -> Gym -> Dorms - A restfull night

When the teacher called the end of the match, Crystal fainted, having spent all her magic power.

Crystal awoke a while latter, in what she could guess, was the infirmary, there was no one else in the room, so she asumed this was a different room from where the other students had gone before. Just as she was lost in these toughts a figure entered, who she tough was the nurse, and got close to her. *Well, it's good you are awoke now, you worried a few when you fainted.* Crystal listened and suddenly recalled the duel she was having, but she couldnt recall the ending.

-So, i guess i lost in the end?- Crystal looked at the nurse who was checking her arm. *Oh not at all dear.* The nurse removed a bandage from it and smiled. *The match was declared a draw, seems you put that boy you were fighting into quite a predicament in the end, so the teacher declared it a draw.*

The nurse moved to a desk and writes a few notes, then looking back at Crystal smiles and hands her a small map of the campus. *Well you should go to your room and rest. Your body suffered no real injury asside from your arm, but your body is exausted, so you need to go rest.* Crystal took the offered papers and smiled. -Thanks, i will go and do that. So... no chance of me being able to miss tomoroow classes, on account of being too exausted?- The nurse looked at her rising an eyebrow and laughed a bit. *I'm sorry but no, you are not that bad actually, for such an intense display of magic, you and your partner fared quite better than most of the other students. I'm still amazed that your only injury was such a swallow cut in your arm, especially after fighting against a metal user.*

Crystal stood up, a bit uneasy but steadied herself on the bed before heading for the door. -It probably was thanks to his personality, he never tryed to hurt me, even tough i probably tried to kill him at the end.- Crystal left the infirmary and headed back to the gym, where most of the students stayed clear from her, except for a small group of girls that rushed at her and started asking tons of questions, much like groupies would do.

Confused by this, and unnable to actually understand all of them talking at once, Crystal just told them that she was tired and headed off to the dorms. As she was wandering the hallways, she started thinking about all that had happened, and started giggling a bit and talkign to herself. -Well, that was unexpected and funny, boys lookign at me in fear, while girls rush at me like a group of fangirls.- Crystal toughts then went to the fight. -I wonder how Jason is, I hope I didnt hurt him at the end of the fight. Geeze, why i dont remember what happened at the end of the fight?-

As Crystal was thinking she arrived to the dorms, and eventually to her room, when she went inside, she was amazed at the room size, plus it came fully equiped. But she didnt gave it much tough since she went straight for the bed and droped herself on it, slowly drifting to sleep, still a bit exited about what tomorrow would bring with the start of the classes.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Sytano Morgan [and Lia Campani]- Rec Lounge

Sytano took a moment to relax once he arrived near the classrooms, his back hurting him slightly from the burns- and he sat at the middle of the hallway as he took a breather. He let out a low whistle as he felt the burns sting. She got me hard... he thought, quietly. Guess I should be more on the defensive next time, huh? He chuckled to himself as he got back up and continued walking. The best thing to do is probably get some exercise or something, I suppose. This began a long chain of thoughts revolving around burns, and exercise, and just about everything to do with those two topics, which would explain why on his way to the Rec Lounge he accidently bumped into someone.

"Oh, um..." He quickly recuperated from the slight shock. "Good afternoon," he began, noting that it was a female. "I'm quite sorry for this. Are you alright?"

Lia blinked for a moment and adressed the boy that had just walked into her. "I'm completely fine. Just a little suprised that's all." She took a step back and looked the boy over. Long black hair and brown eyes to go along with it. Looming over her five-four stature, he stood at what she guessed as around six feet tall. And one final observation that she made was that the guy wasn't bad looking. She raised an eyebrow and gave him a smile. "My name's Lia! What's your's?"

"People refer to me as Sytano, but some people just use my surname, Morgan." He bowed. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Lia." He took a quick glance at her features. Brown hair, light skin, and large... hazel-ish eyes? They were almost yellow, from what he could tell. She was a good eight inches shorter than him, which didn't really surprise him much, since he was taller than many of the people he knew in his old school. Interesting, to say the least. "How are you?" He said eagerly, in a feeble attempt to strike up conversation.

"I'm doing pretty good, but I burned my mouth earlier. It hurts like hell." She gave a giggle thinking of her first interactions with Yuri. What a second... this guy looks really familar. Then Lia's giggle turned to laughter after she realized who she was talking to. "Ha! You're that kid who got their ass handed to them by the Rose girl!" She kept laughing for a moment before stopping herself. "Sorry about that, but she's quite the fighter, I don't think even I would stand a chance."

Urk, she knows about that. He sighs. "I guess that isn't good for my reputation, is it? Shame it's already gotten out so soon, too..." His dissappointment is shown in his voice, but then he brightens up again. "Well, yeah, they do say she's one of the best out of all of us. Apparently, here, people think your family is just about everything. For example, this Igna girl who defeated a certain Indigo Rodgers... Apparently her family is great, too. But..." He looks away, embarassed. "...My family's supposed to be the worst in handling their abilities, so people are congratulating me for making it out of there consciously. I actually won a few bets like that, believe it or not." He chuckled quietly. "Did you get evaluated? Who did you happen to go up against?"

"Aww, sorry about that." She immediatly started to feel remorseful in bringing up the subject. She gave him a reassuring grin and decided to give him a little boost. "My family barely does any magic themselves. We're just known for our athletic ability!" She pats Sytano on the shoulder. "I actually didn't get evaluated. I got kinda bored waiting in there watching everyone, so I just left and came here. I do love some competition but, I can't stand just sitting there."

"It's alright. But my family isn't athletic, either." He shrugged. "My magic is more for practical uses." He grinned. "Like, if you lose something, other mancers would burn up in rage. But I'm able to track it using one of my spells, which is passed down in my family. I guess that comes in handy, if you're a pacifist. But I'm afraid I'm not. Anyways... if you weren't evaluated, you could be in a serious predicament." He frowned. "Perhaps... well, I'm sure you can test your abilities somehow. But even if you don't, they probably won't quarrel with you. The only thing that'll go wrong is that the teachers don't know what you know." He streched, yawned, and rubbed the bandage over the bridge of his nose. "Oh, well. How's your time here been so far? All mine has been is tiring."

"It's been pretty fun! I made a friend that left a few minutes before you came. We had a good time talking but, I burned the insides of my mouth with some tea." Lia smiles. "I didn't think so at first but, I think i'm gonna like it here." She walked over to one of the cushioned chairs and falls back onto it. "Anyways, where do you come from? You don't seem like you're from around here."

"Oh, that sounds pretty nice! Well... except for the burning part." He winces slightly as he sits down, his back still not fully healed. "That sounds alright though- your experience with the school, I mean. I've looked around the dorms and all, this place is better than any home I've ever been in." His eyes then showed a bit of enthusiasm. "I'm from Oklahoma. Well, I mean, that's where I've lived for most of my adolescent years so far, so I suppose that works. And you?"

"Wisconsin! My dad played for the Packers so we live near Green Bay." Lia noticed signs of enthusiasm from Sytano and perked up a bit. Okay, I think we're getting somewhere! She grabs her bookbag from her back and rummages in it for a few seconds. She pulls out a fresh Nike basketball and tosses it towards the boy sitting opposite of her. "You said your family's not very athletic, but do you play any sports?"

He catches it quickly. "I don't... but I can." He stands up and dribbles it for a moment. "It's been a while though. I got caught up in learning about magic with my grandparents a while ago, so it's no surprise that I might be lacking in skill. However..." He stood up and acted as if he were going to shoot, making the whole motion but keeping the ball in his hand. "...I think I still have, as they say, my touch." He tossed it back. "Shame there isn't a court, but I wouldn't be able to play regardless, in my condition."

"Your form could use a little work." She gave a playful smile. "You're not so bad for someone who got a thrashing as bad as yours. Maybe when you get better I could make us a court and we can play. Speaking of which." Lia rummages through her bag once again. "What type of magic do you use?" She pulls out her jar of sand. "I'm a geo magic user!"

"Me?" Sytano grins. "I'm a pyromancer. Garanteed destruction... if my spells were more destructive." He looks onto the ground, seeing a lone leaf just sitting there. Picking it up, he snaps his fingers and the top of the leaf bursts into flames, the flames eating the leaf away. Near the end, the flame simply goes out, leaving only the stem. "It would almost be beautiful..." he muses, "...if it weren't so destructive. But it's still pretty amazing, right?"

"Wow... That's so pretty." She looks with awe. "I wish my magic could do things like that, but I can still do some amazing things with what I've learned." Lia took a bit of sand out of the jar and concentrated it just enough to create a small cup. "With the right amount of dirt, I can make about anything! I just get really tired out after more complex things." She pointed at an empty spot in the fields behind the rec lounge. "I'm planning on making a basketball court over there."

Sytano looked on, interested. She creates, and I destroy... that's some wicked comparison going on there. "My power hasn't proved to be that great, though... nevertheless, that should be just enough showing off for now. If we ever need to duel- assuming that we will duel more- you will already have known most of the spells I have. I would rather wait until then..." He looks towards the empty spot. That's pretty cool, really- the basketball court. I couldn't do anything like that for my life! "So, what happens now. Do we simply wait for the matches to end?"

"Not really sure. A friend of mine headed to class a short while ago." Lia's face made an expression of deep thought before she broke out into another smile. "I'm not really sure but, I'm getting kind of tired of this place. I'm gonna go walk around, wanna come?"

Sytano showed a slight bit of discomfort. "...I should be getting to my dorm room, to be completely honest with you. I need a change of clothes, and my back is killing me." Urgh, I sound like an old man! "I'll see you again, Lia." He smiled as he waved, turned, and walked towards the dorms; specifically, Phoenix's Nest.

Finding his room, Sytano walked in to see his bags already there, along with a bag labeled "Bets; Morgan v. Rose, [1]." He was surprised to see the bag [, approaching it carefully. He looked in there, then turned back and locked the door, prompting his own, silly reaction. Make it raaaaaaaaain. After a few minutes of, well, throwing dollar bills into the air, he picked them all up and put them neatly into a locked drawer, shaking his head at his foolishness. He changed into long, brown pants, a white tee shirt, and a blue, short-sleeved, unbuttoned and open shirt on top of it. He looked in the mirror and took the bandages off the crest of his nose; he smelled the air, and he grinned quietly even with the light red burn mark stretching across the space between his eyes and his nose. "The nurses here are amazing, if it healed so quickly..." He muttered to himself as he exited the room.

"It's high time I actually looked more at the classrooms..." he said to no one in particular as he exited and locked the door to his dorm room, stretching and walking off.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
Kristen Vale

"Yes, that's good enough. Do continue to work on it, though."

Kristen dusted off her clothes, removing some of the dust created from the dirt falling to the ground. She then proceeded to readjust her clothes, returning them to their professional image. The girl, Marisa, was looking particularly rough, with dirt caked to her like she had been working in a construction yard. It wasn't a look befitting a Mancer. Kristen sighed very lightly. She would much rather her new students maintain a level of pride on par with what she had for them, which meant that she wanted them to care for their appearance as much as their abilities. What could you say, she was old fashioned.

"Get yourself cleaned up. There'll be an announcement very soon, and I'm sure you wouldn't want to look like some street worker. You'll have to excuse me, but there are some pressing matters I need to attend to."

Kristen continued to walk off after her little statement. Her little side project needed to be checked on before the announcement was made, so she exited the gym and took off to her office on the third floor.

Allen Hawke

The girl, who had listed her name as Porsche (like the stuck up car company), was levitating, and Allen knew it was either through wind magic or metal magic. Since there was no breeze he assumed it was some sort of polarity changing magic, which was pretty common to metal magic. Regardless, it seemed a decent enough showing to satisfy him. She lowered herself back down to the ground, making a rather noticeable thud while landing.

"We done?"

He was used to these types. Showy, supremacist tendencies seemed to be one of the more common personalities he had dealt with while a teacher. They didn't particularly bother him, but he'd rather mess with a new gadget. That could be said about any type of person in his eyes.

"Yeah, we're done. Work on that grammar, though."

Allen looked around for any other students that needed evaluations, but unable to find any obvious subjects he just decided to pace about the gym. He left Porsche behind, to read her book no doubt. Not that it mattered to him.

Zane Reav

Zane watched the hipster continue his hipster ways as he shrugged. The mere concept of the motion personified the values of a hipster. They didn't care what others said, but Zane made a gamble that this one was a little fierier, but that wasn't the case. All the hipster did was rebuff the comments.

"Say whatever helps you sleep at night Blondie, no skin off my bones. I got beaten by an Igna, which, apparently is to be expected, but despite that I at the very least managed to do some decent damage to her despite never fighting another mage properly in my life."

The girl before must've been an Igna, at least, that's what the hipster suggested, and if his information was right then the girl was also supposed to be strong, which made it an even bigger reason to spitefully go after her.

"You know what that means my friend? Means I've got natural talent within my grasp. Idle threats from pretty boys like you won't make me worried in the slightest."

The boy winked after this statement, which dug at Zane's façade. Zane really wanted to shoot the boy in a place where it'd hurt far worse than it'd do damage. The foot came to mind, seeing how he was already going to be on crutches. Yep, definitely the foot. If the hipster said one more smart aleck remark, he was getting a point blank bullet hole smack dab in the middle of a foot. Luckily, that didn't seem to be the case.

"Still, if you wanna know why I'm here... well I'm not sure really, my best guess is that an old friend got me in here. Not sure how he did it, but I guess you could say this place was the best thing he could have given me before he… broke off contact."

Well, the foot shooting would have to remain on hold for now. This dribble about some old friend killed any mood to shoot the poor boy. The dark look that the boy flashed also indicated that the person he was talking about was more than likely closer to him than a friend. Zane figured it was a caregiver, like a grandpa or a dad. It seemed appropriate.

"Right then, my name's Indigo Rogers in case you didn't know, but Indigo or whatever you want will do really. What about your name? Or am I not 'qualified' enough to know it?"

There was that smart aleck attitude again. With a quick quip Zane was back to wanting to put a shot into Indigo's foot. At least he finally introduced himself. Before making a hasty decision, Zane decided to hold back on the foot shooting, instead opting to see how the conversation would play out. He donned his fake smile, the one not even a lie detector could catch, and shifted to Indigo's bedside through the use of his Vector Shift.

"My name's Zane, and it's nice to meet you Indigo. Once you're better I wouldn't mind testing out your potential to my rarity. Apparently, only one of my kind come around every fifty years or so. That's what a teacher said, at least. They say I'm a Luxomancer, but that's just fancy talk for my ability to use light magic."

Zane waited for a bit, just to let those words to sink in before continuing. He wanted to make sure Indigo finished processing what he had told him, just so what was about to follow would be that much sharper. Think of it as retaliation to all of the sarcasm.

"I'm still gonna go after the Igna girl. I also stand by the fact that there's nothing you can do to stop me. Fame and prowess go hand in hand with each other, and I'm sure that many would agree with me. That just doesn't leave you in the same league as me and Miss Igna. Maybe your potential will change that, but for now you have a handicap," he chuckled. "In more ways than one. Still, I wouldn't mind it if you wanted to be friends."

After his lines were over, he held out his hand as a sign of acceptance. Even if Indigo didn't like his words, Zane wanted to extend his friendship, if only just to torture him more.

Last edited:

Impossiperiod

The Impossible Period
Years
5BBs2.jpg

Yukio "Yuki" Higashi, 15

So This is Vale Institute?
----------------------------------------------

Yukio Higashi, a midnight black haired girl with curious, shining green eyes, looked over the sea of students in front of her from her spot on the bleachers. She sat up high, away from most of the crowd. It wasn't because she was anti-social it was so that she could see everything there was to see in these initiation fights.

In her lap was a black, suede violin case and under that was a folder. From the folder peeked a piece of paper with various musical notes scribbled onto it. The paper wasn't stained with standard ink of official music sheets but was instead smudged with eraser marks and graphite fillings. It was Yukio's latest piece of work that she had started on her travel to Vale Institute. The travel was a long one as it was a long way from Tokyo.

Yukio drummed her fingertips on the hard cover of her violin's case and looked down to the training fields. There were intense battles being held and Yukio was thankful that she wasn't called down to the intiation. She wasn't sure if she'd be able to keep up with the seemingly powerful attacks that many of the students had managed to conjure. It was a scary prospect that eventually, sooner or later, she'll be fighting another student to prove that she belonged, to prove that she had actually learned something in this school, or to just establish a place in the pecking order that was surely arranging. Apparently, as overheard by the louder students gathered tightly at the bottom of the bleachers, a girl from the Igna family had already been placed at the top of the totem pole. Yukio hadn't seen her but she'd make note to learn more about the Igna girl, be it by eavesdropping or other means.

The girl allowed her eyes to wonder to another girl that ascended to the ceiling before descending to talk to a man that appeared to be a teacher. There was a exchange of words that Yukio hadn't heard before the man had sauntered off. Even before this incident a boy with aqua blue hair had came from higher up in the bleachers and approached a teacher as soon as the announcement for the reason many of the students had been called to the school had been given. Yukio made another note to learn about him. His hair was so blue and its tips were white as snow. It was a perplexing thought, what could cause hair to be so blue?

The man whom had evaluated the floating girl caught Yukio's eye again. If he was a teacher surely he'd be able to get her out of the gym faster. Yukio had taken another note that the aforementioned boy with blue hair had left early after talking to a teacher. As much as Yukio wanted to stay and watch the fights she'd much rather go to her room and set up her things before her potential roommate got there.

She set her things aside on the empty spot beside her and stood. Her hands pressed down her black, school girl, skirt and she adjusted the white ribbons in her hair that held the onyx strands together to form two pigtails from top of her head. The pigtails were tiny in comparison to the amount of free hair she had flowing in a black stream from her scalp to the small of her back. She adjust her top too before fleeting down the steps to the bleachers in dress shoes. Yukio wasn't a tall girl, only five foot three inches as told by her recent doctor's appointment.

"Sensei!" she called unknowing to the pacing man on the gym's floor, hand waving in the air to get his attention.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
- Marisa Haldine

Marisa hardly even heard the professor's words, the exhaustion setting in hard. She watched the headmaster walk away, as to why, Marisa didn't care, but all she knows is that she passed whatever assignment to get in at least.

She barely managed to pull herself back into her own chair, yet after that, things went a bit easier. Wait, did she say something about an announcement? Maybe she should stick around... what was that about cleaning up? Oh! Marisa giggled to herself, her thoughts finally connecting. "Should... probably clean up... made a mehehess..."

She slowly wheeled into a nearby bathroom. Her arms screamed in pain, telling her to rest, but she's already got her mind on cleaning and gosh darn it she's gonna clean. It took a few minutes, but she manages to clean herself off... relatively well.

The ride back out is slow, and her head bobs down every once in a while. She ends up stopping herself outside, arms too exhausted to even bother trying to move her. With a sigh, she leaned her head back against an outside wall, just trying to not fall asleep.

Dualik

Eloquent Trainer
Years
Indigo Terrance Rogers --- Infirmary

"My name's Zane, and it's nice to meet you Indigo. Once you're better I wouldn't mind testing out your potential to my rarity. Apparently, only one of my kind come around every fifty years or so. That's what a teacher said, at least. They say I'm a Luxomancer, but that's just fancy talk for my ability to use light magic."

Indigo glared at Zane blankly, as if wondering wether or not to take him seriously. "Luxo... mancer?" He seemed to be physically struggling to hold back laughter as he spoke the word slowly, however despite this he couldn't help but show the massive grin growing on his face.

"It... it sounds like some sort of washing machine brand or something! Ha!" Indigo grasped his damaged ribs tightly while buckling over from his contained laughter. "New triple turbine action! If your linens come out ragged... swap to Luxomancer! Oh damn it I can see it now... Hahaha!"

Indigo placed his hand up in the air for a moment, as if to say he wanted to take a break, before calming himself down and speaking again. "Damn... talk about an unlucky naming process, my apologies, Zane, wasn't it? But I find that definition unbearably funny for some reason." He raised a hand to wipe his now watering eyes, finally seeming to have gotten over the name "Luxomancer".

"I digress though, I wouldn't mind taking you on sometime, not like I've got all that much experience in one on one combat. However we've all got to start somewhere right?" A sly smile came to his face as he carefully hid the subtlest of insults in his words.

However that smile quickly faded at Zane's next remark.

"I'm still gonna go after the Igna girl. I also stand by the fact that there's nothing you can do to stop me. Fame and prowess go hand in hand with each other, and I'm sure that many would agree with me. That just doesn't leave you in the same league as me and Miss Igna. Maybe your potential will change that, but for now you have a handicap," Blondie laughed between words. "In more ways than one. Still, I wouldn't mind it if you wanted to be friends."

This... shouldn't have annoyed Indigo as much as it did, that was his first thought. Thinking about it logically, Indigo had been at the academy for a pittance of time and he ALREADY had fans. If he wanted to get any other girl, with enough time, he was almost certain that he could... he could probably swing someone of a much higher "league" than Shion and Blondie could ever even hope to attain for that matter. He really had nothing to worry about from the arrogance of the young man standing before him.

Yet still... he was livid.

Was it because Shion had rejected him? That she was the only girl who ever had? Was it that drive to overcome her uncaring attitude towards him right from the get go that drove him to anger at Blondie's attempts to "out woo" her"? No it was more than that. Perhaps Indigo enjoyed the company of women to the point that he was a BIT of a womanizer. He could admit to that. But deep down he only ever went after a girl who he did in some way, for lack of better term, "like". If not for the fact she had rejected him, Indigo greatly admired Shion's determination in battle, her obvious shyness when he saw her semi-exposed was cute and her blunt and independent attitude drove him, frankly, mad with affection.

However, Blondie had absolutely no idea who Shion was. Maybe Indigo didn't know all that much and maybe he really only had base assumptions from some of Shions actions to go on. But that was at least something. Zane only knew three things about Shion and none to do with her personality, one was what Shion looked like (which in Indigo's personal opinion was incredibly attractive), two was that Shion had rejected Indigo moments before Zane had seen her for what appeared to be the very first time and three was that, being an Igna, Shion was deadly powerful with her magic. With that knowledge in mind, Indigo had realised something.

Zane was only implying competition for Shion based on either one, appearance and power alone, or two, out of pure spite towards Indigo. Though the latter was the most likely, both options made it apparent that if Zane went after Shion he would be doing so without any knowledge of or care for her as a unique human being with a unique personality. He would be going after her for completely shallow reasons.

This was what made Indigo so angry.

As Zane extended his hand in friendship, Indigo slapped it away in disgust. He rolled his eyes up and down Zane, his gaze filled with evident disappointment. He spoke. "A different league huh? Pfft. Well from what I'm deducing you seem to have the attitude to match such a pompous and stupid claim as that one. Stay up in your league of jerks for all I care... all I can say is that I hope Miss Igna doesn't consider herself among the ranks of those like you, lest my interest in her drop faster than a boulder in clear blue sky."

Indigo paused and seemed to be raring to continue with further verbal onslaught, when a third voice interrupted him.

"Hmmmm?"

In a bed one or two down from where their argument took place, a girl probably new to both Indigo and Zane began to wake up from her slumber. Indigo frowned inwardly as he noticed his own rising aggression, the infirmary wasn't his personal verbal battlefield after all and he shouldn't have been treating it as such.

Feeling his ribs gently to see how they were doing, before smiling at the water magics rapid results, Indigo sits on his bedside and grabs a pair of crutches leaning on the nearby wall. Slowly and carefully he stands up, getting a feel for the tools he would be using for the coming day and beyond.

"Well then, Zane. Lovely meeting you I'm sure, perhaps you can help this young lady find her bearings. "Fame and Prowess", right?" He put a bitter and sarcastic tone on his final few words before slowly moving towards and out the infirmary door.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2020
Maristella Reilly​

Aris watched curiously as the boy laying down stood up abruptly with the pair of crutches lying by his side. His tone was sarcastic and biting as he spoke to the standing boy, before storming out as fast as was possible for a boy hobbling away. Ouch. She had awoken in what she now recognized as some sort of infirmary, although why she had awoken there was a completely different question, into what appeared to be the remnants of a verbal duel. The air seemed particularly stormy, and her mind instantly spun scenarios as to what had happened. Maybe they had been visiting the comatose boy and gotten in a fight and the boy still left had injured the boy who had left and that's why he had left on crutches? Maybe the boy felt guilty for injuring the other and had came to the infirmary to see him, but the injured one didn't want the sympathy? Maybe ...

Aris managed to shake away her stories and tales to get a clearer look at the boy still left in the room. He had blond-blond hair, without the touch of brown, which was Aris found really odd and intriguing. It wasn't white-blonde, but more of a rich yellow-blond. Then again, now that she thought that, that sounded really fake and bad looking, but it was true and it looked fine.

"Uhm," Aris said quietly, both wanting to break the bad mood and not, because it was ever so interesting and although she hated conflict and drama because of everything it caused she could never ever deny it was fascinating and led to such curious thoughts she had to try to resist. If she had been thrown into the situation, on the other hand, it was worth investigating. "Hello."

Maristella Reilly​

Last edited:

Colony

Years
Allen Hawke

The pitter patter of his steps was drowned out by the clamoring of many of the students. Idle chats and whatnot mixed in with the evaluation duels filled the gym with noise. One such duel featured what looked like a Ferromancer and a Hydromancer, as each one were playing with their element before the start of the duel. Both of them appeared to be boys. They had just started on one of the air fields. A pretty neutral battle if there ever was one. Allen figured that they had probably been forced to use that field as a result of the others being used or them being under maintenance. Either way, he thought the match could be interesting.

He watched on as the duel started, never ending his pacing. Since he didn't want to miss out on the action he adjusted his course of walking. The Hydromancer started things off. He started off with something fairly creative. A surge of water flew out from his hand and flooded the floor under his opponent. Drops of water initially floated up from the power of the fans. Before the Ferromancer could react, the water rushed up in a collective geyser, sending him several feet into the air. The Ferromancer struggled in the air for a few moments before he started his own spell. His feet and hands had metal wrap around them, like a set of shoes and gloves. The geyser gave way thanks to his newfound weight, sending him crashing back down to earth. He landed on his feet, though the metal grate buckled under the pressure. The young Ferromancer sank. A scream of agony erupted from the boy. Allen snapped his fingers, hacking the fans to stop their function. The teacher watching over the duel helped the boy out and immediately took the boy for emergency aid. Allen didn't watch to see how bad the injury was, but typically, those kinds of injuries were pretty gruesome.

As Allen turned away from the incident he saw a black-haired girl. She appeared to be waving at him and yelling out the word "Sensei." He wasn't particularly familiar with Asian words, but from the movies he had watched he knew that the word meant teacher. Sighing, he walked over to the girl. Once there he realized how short she was. She didn't even reach his shoulders, though he wasn't exactly small at 6' 4".

"Is there something you need Miss?" he said, disinterested.

Impossiperiod

The Impossible Period
Years
5BBs2.jpg

Yukio "Yuki" Higashi, 15

That Looks Rather Painful...

"Is there something you need, miss?" the teacher had said to Yukio after she got his attention. The student cleared her throat and looked up at the man. He was a giant in her eyes, the top of her head only reached his abdomen.

Yukio nodded finally after taking a moment too long to examine the man's height and contemplate if there were any more tall teachers like this man. Which the answer to that question would be 'probably so' because Yukio was tiny in comparison to everyone that she had met before.

"Yes," she said. Yukio then peered around the man to the ending battle. A boy was being rushed from the gym and looked pretty beat up. The girl frowned and looked up to the teacher once again. "Are we all going to be dueling in those... fields?" Yukio asked, her face stained with worry.

Last edited:

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Allen Hawke
"Are we all going to be dueling in those... fields?" the girl asked, having seen the damage done to one of the students from the air field.

"Yes, all students have to be evaluated. For most that means they participate in duels to display their active ability to control their spells. Those who have... lesser, physical abilities often just give a demonstration of their spells. If they're able to, though, it is preferred for students to participate in the duels. So, I'm assuming you haven't been evaluated yet." Allen sighed, realizing he'd have to deal with even more students. "Give me a moment and I'll have someone ready for a duel. Oh, and..." He contemplated telling her that they fed all the losers to some giant gators they kept under the school, but refrained.

"Mr. Hawke!" a voice yelled out. A cheery girl joined him and Yukio in the stands, completely oblivious to any conversation. Long white hair and incredibly pale skin, dark red eyes and just about Yukio's height. Standing next to each other, they seemed like complete opposites, at least in appearance. Allen probably shouldn't have felt so relieved, but he saw this as the perfect opportunity to get away. "I have to ask you something."

"Perfect timing, Kavanagh. I'll answer whatever you need me to if you'll help me out here." He turned to both of them and cleared his throat.

"Miss," he started, referring to Yukio, "this is Soren, a third-year student here at Vale. Soren, you remember how evaluations are taken care of every year, yes?"

"Mhm. So you want me to give her the exam?"

"Precisely. I have a few more pressing matters to attend to, so I can't do it myself. You're not required to go all-out—just have this new student demonstrate what she's capable of." With that, Allen turned and walked away to take care of his own business, leaving the hyperactive Soren in charge of her junior.

"Okay!" she started, turning to Yukio. Already she was making it difficult to keep up. "My name is Soren, if you didn't hear it enough already. To start off, I just need to know your name, your magical element, and which battlefield you'd like to use to demonstrate your abilities."

Impossiperiod

The Impossible Period
Years
5BBs2.jpg

Yukio "Yuki" Higashi, 15

Learning the Ropes with Soren-senpai

Yukio's eyes flashed back and forth from the teacher and the student that had popped up beside her. The other student asked with rapid succession for Yukio's name, element of practice, and the battlefield that she would like to use to display her power. Yukio peered over her shoulder towards the battlefield that a student was just evacuated from and chose to steer away from that one completely.

"Y-Yukio Higashi," she started. "I'm an aeromancer and..." she peered back to the battlefields again. "I'm not sure which one would be the best to choose..." Yukio paused, having had noticed one of the fields already being occupied by fighting students, and looked to Soren with concern.

Soren was looking to the battlefields herself; namely the one that was currently being used. Two more mancers were on the second, still working air field, and it was almost hilarious watching them fumble around over the blasting fans. Soren laughed a bit as the students started fighting in positions like they were skydiving, and turned to Yukio.

"I understand if you don't want to use the aeromancers' field, even if you can use air magic. Maybe the geomancers' field would be better?" She directed her junior to the boulder-ridden, dirt-laden battlefield that was a haven for pretty much everyone. It was more stable than the rest (except maybe the pyromancers' fields, but it was unlikely that Yukio would make use of that), and didn't have the risk of collapsing like the ferromancers' cage.

Yukio followed Soren's motion towards the field and liked the looks of it. There were plenty of rocks to lift, carry, and sway. It seemed as if there were more opportunities to show off her ability in the geomancer's field than in the aeromancer's field. Yes, the aeromancer's field should've felt to be her natural home, but Yukio couldn't help feel that it would only hinder her ability as it would look as if she wasn't really trying. In the geomancer's field she wouldn't have the assistance of the blasting fans and was left to her own devices.

"Yes," Yukio said confidently in her lightly accented voice. She took hestitant steps towards the field before making way inside. Her shoes tapped on the gym's floor during her walk and she weaved through a few stray students that hadn't found their way around yet. Once at the cage Yukio glanced about curiously and a small smile came to her face at the thought of practicing her ability for the first time since leaving home. "Okay, here we go, Yukio," she whispered to herself before stepping into the field.

Once stationed off-center she looked to Soren, who made a place for herself on the other side. "Now, I just show you what I've got?"

"That's the idea. And don't hold back."

Yukio nodded and looked to the ground where many pebbles had been scattered. She raised a hand and flicked her wrist at them. A weak gust of air came from her palm and she sighed from relief. For some reason she had thought that her powers wouldn't work.

"Okay, here we go," Yukio said to Soren with a confident voice. Once said the girl leapt back in a backflip to distance herself from Soren before assuming a position. Yukio stood straight and took a breath and raised her hands from her sides, before beginning to twirl. Air slowly came from her palms in visible strands before forming around her. It moved around her as she twirled faster and faster. Yukio had soon managed to become the eye of a weak tornado yet the air still managed to swirl prettily.

The aeromancing girl then brought her hands close to her body in a weak hug before flinging them out. Any of the tornado that had been above her torso was banished and pulsed out from around her. The gusts of discarded air rushed in all directions. The remaining air swirling around her legs was worked by her hands and eventually Yukio began to float inches from the ground. Her black strands of hair and white ribbons flipped and curled from the wind beneath her as it emitted an upwards draft that allowed her to float. Yukio leaned forward and travelled across the rock-ridden ground, looking as if she was getting her barings for the ability herself. She then leaned backwards and floated a little ways that way too. Yukio, now feeling confident in the ability, moved towards Soren and orbited the other student. The rushing air licked at Soren's person as Yukio asked, "A little more?"

Soren, unfazed by Yukio's display, giggled a little when Yukio started hovering around her. It was either from being entertained or just for mocking her, and she reassured Yukio that she needed to use her full power.

"You won't get very far," Soren told her, "if you don't try to hurt me." A light breeze circled Soren's feet, rising for a moment before it burst outward.

Yukio frowned at what Soren had said, and opened her mouth to say something before being shoved back. The rush of wind didn't hurt but was abrupt enough to cause Yukio to lose her concentration. The student fell on her butt regardless. Yukio groaned quietly as she stood and dusted off her skirt. She raised her hands again and pointed her palms towards her shoes. Air streamed from them and after a moment she was floating again before zipping a ways from Soren and turning to fall lightly to the ground.

Yukio raised a palm towards Soren and retracted the arm before pushing it foward again, with a twist. The visible air rushed from it and flew fast, making a ripple on the ground as it sailed towards the other aeromancer. Yukio followed this up with another gust from her other palm and again from the first. Three projectiles of air rushed towards Soren and Yukio planted herself for retaliation.

The first burst of wind managed to push Soren into a defensive stance, but the second and third both had no effect. They disappeared before they even reached her, and on the third Yukio could see a swirling shield that Soren was generating in front of her. Soren smiled and told her to keep going; to keep using stronger attacks, and that she'd do the same, starting with an intense blast of air shoving Yukio away for the second time. She felt the pressure of it this time, and it started to feel like there was an actual battle brewing between them, even if it never would.

Yukio didn't fall this time, expecting it to come. The aeromancer summoned the air from her palms again and rose in the air. She rushed towards Soren and pulled the air from beneath herself. Yukio stumbled forward, but used the momentum to send the recycled air towards Soren in a blast, only to be thrown away again.

Yukio almost scolded herself for not realizing sooner that just using air magic wouldn't have much of an effect on a more experienced aeromancer. Repeating her mistakes was worse.

As Yukio recovered, Soren asked, "Do you have any defensive spells?"

"I do," Yukio answered. "See?" Yukio raised lax arms out in front of herself and allowed her hands to conjure up a spell that moved to envelop her in an opaque cocoon of swirling wind. "I call this one Bario—" a fireball collided with the barrier and Yukio instantly moved her hands to hold it up. Smoke followed the wind of her Bariolage spell and cleared up, leaving Yukio dumbfounded. She looked at Soren, and the latter was in fully offensive footing. One foot was situated in front of the other, having slid across the dirt of the field, and a trail of fire snaked its way from the tip of her fist to the top of her shoulder. She even retained that cheerful smile she'd been holding this whole time; Yukio couldn't see any malice in her red eyes.

The fire faded from her arm and Soren turned to stand straight, telling Yukio how well she was doing. She only used as much power in her attack as most of the new students would have been able to. Even if it was a bit of a struggle to keep Bariolage standing, it was nice to know that Yukio was effectively excelling in her class before she even started attending.

"Do you have any more spells you could show me before we finish?" she asked.

Yukio's face was still stuck with disbelief. However, Yukio couldn't ask a question to the student whom she now regarded with the utmost respect before nodding to confirm Soren's question. Though, the girl looked worried as she glanced to the various pebbles around her. Still, Yukio assumed a position where her palms came together and her stature straightened - she looked as if she was praying.

She steadied herself before taking a large breath. In a swift motion Yukio extended her arms on either side of her. Strong bursts of air escaped from her palms and warped backwards to collapse in around her. The wind steadily increased in speed until it became a tornado. Yukio's clothing flailed helplessly in the wind, as did her hair and the ribbons in it. The tornado seemed to pick up more speed until it formed a thick layer with its caster in the center. It gradually grew, dragging in pebbles and rocks.

Yukio held her concentration, her face was calm, but the torrential winds around her were anything but. The pebbles flew around the tornado, making their way towards the center and wind whistled before dying out faster than it had been conjured. Yukio gripped her chest and started coughing when she could breathe again. Soren ran over to her as everything died down and cheered her for how awesome the spell looked, and Yukio cleared her throat to speak. "Whenever I use it," she started, "the debris starts getting in the middle with me and I don't get any air. I can't use it much, but Cadenza's the strongest spell I have."

Soren congratulated her regardless for how well she did, assuring her that Vale was the perfect place for her to learn how to use her magic better.

"I need to go look for someone now," she ended. "Are you fine on your own from here?"

"Yes. Thank you, senpai." Soren ran off, leaving Yukio to her own devices as the latter walked away from the Earth field.

Yukio retook her seat in the bleachers. She had come to Vale knowing that surprises and new knowledge awaited her, but never could she have guessed that mancers could learn more than one element. Soren's fireball had completely caught her off guard; she had barely managed to power up Bariolage enough to keep the fire at bay.

Kasuga-shishou hadn't told Yukio about the multiple elements that mancer could learn; Yukio decided it was because she didn't know herself. Her grandmother had taught Yukio all she knew, and now Yukio realized that it hadn't been nearly enough to prepare her for a school dedicated to magic.

Colony

Years
Zane Reav

Indigo was having a fit over the term Luxomancer, which Zane didn't really see the humor in. Somehow Indigo thought is was the funniest thing ever. It was just another part of the injured boy that irked Zane. Honestly, he was hoping his words would drive something between them. Luckily, after Zane said his previous statement pertaining to him continuing to go after Miss Igna, something finally clicked. Indigo's face immediately soured, giving away his thoughts before slapping Zane's hand away.

"A different league huh? Pfft. Well from what I'm deducing you seem to have the attitude to match such a pompous and stupid claim as that one. Stay up in your league of jerks for all I care... all I can say is that I hope Miss Igna doesn't consider herself among the ranks of those like you, lest my interest in her drop faster than a boulder in clear blue sky."

It didn't take a genius to realize Zane hit some sort of nerve. He wasn't sure which words caused the reaction, and it could have been a collective front for all he knew. Either way, he got what he came for: a reaction, and a negative one at that. Zane pondered how Indigo would've reacted if he full well knew how much of a game this had been. It was entirely possible that it could've been much worse. Normally, Zane would've liked to see one of those reactions, but then his game would be over, which was unacceptable at such an early time. Instead, he'd perpetuate whatever image Indigo had of him and let the fun continue, until he felt satisfied that is.

He watched on as Indigo prepared himself to sit up. The boy appeared to be checking his chest for pain or injury, then proceeded to sit up on the bedside. A noise was also heard around this time behind Zane, but he didn't pay much attention to it. His focus was on what was about to happen. Whether or not Indigo would continue this little game Zane had instigated or if he'd leave in frustration. Indigo stood up slowly with the help of his crutches, and stood in place for a few moments. The now standing Indigo didn't even to bother looking at Zane before saying his closing remarks:

"Well then, Zane. Lovely meeting you I'm sure. Perhaps you can help this young lady find her bearings? 'Fame and Prowess', right?"

And as soon as Indigo had said those words he brushed by Zane, leaving the infirmary worse for wear.

Lady? Zane was caught completely unaware by that comment, much more so than the bitter tone it was said in. He was completely sure that there was no lady there, at least not from what he could tell from earlier. Aside from that, though, he was smiling from ear to ear. Unlike before, this one was real (not that you'd know it from his fake smile, after all, they were mirror images of each other). Another sound came from behind Zane, only this time he could tell what it was.

"Uhm… Hello."

There really was a girl here. She looked fairly normal from what Zane could gather. Slightly longer than shoulder length, light brunette hair, average height, and apparently average weight. All in all she appeared to be a fairly normal girl. With no reason to give her a any sort of malice, not to mention no material to do so anyway, Zane decided to take his normal course of actions. While maintaining his smile, which had reverted back to its indiscernible fakeness, he played his role.

"Hello. Disregard my friend. He was a bit upset about the news he had been given. Apparently he'll need those crutches for a while." he lied.

Zane in all actuality had no idea how long Indigo would need his crutches, but the story sounded better that way. He hoped the girl hadn't heard their conversation or else he would be caught instantly.

"My name's Zane, by the way. Nice to meet you."

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Scarlett Rose
Pyromancer from the "Rose" family
Vale Institute - Kraken's Den.

Scarlett saw how Michael started to smile at her last sentence, it made her feel glad that he seemed to be feeling more comfortable around her now. "Yeah... It's nice to have someone here who knows what it's like." Scarlett glanced at Micheal as he reached into his bag. He pulled out a plastic rod with a toy made from colorful feathers that was attached to it with a string. He started playing with Lance. "I-I'd like that... Getting help being able to talk to people, I mean..." He handed the cat toy to Scarlett who immediately started playing with the male kitty. She saw how Michael's face had turned red and couldn't help but blush a little as well which she tried to hide with her long red hair.

"I don't understand why people have to fight in this school, though." Michael suddenly looked more blank, as if his eyes weren't showing any emotion. "I thought the point of the school was to prevent disasters and help us use our powers productively... Why are the initiations all fighting?" He frowned and crossed his arms. Scarlett agreed with him, this had a smell to it. "I'm lucky I was able to get in by just trying to show control... I don't think they're going to let me do that next time...I don't like fighting..."

"I somehow think that we weren't just summoned for that. What you said just know indeed feels weird. Instead of fighting, they could've tought of different tests... so why fighting?" Scarlett seemed to be thinking. She started thinking that they could've been summoned here for a different reason but wouldn't say this to Michael until she was sure about it. "I don't like fighting either, I still won my last match though." Scarlett brushed her hair out of her face once she expected that her blush would be gone by now. Then suddenly she knew what she could ask Michael. "Hey... do you happen to know the "Rose" family? I'm kind of concerned because some boys kept talking about them." Scarlett asked. She hadn't said her last name so he wouldn't know that she's concerned because it's her family.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Michael Lee

Gently Angelic

Chapter I ― Part IX
"Behind the Vale"

Michael's Room
x

"I somehow think that we weren't just summoned for that. What you said just know indeed feels weird. Instead of fighting, they could've tought of different tests... so why fighting? I don't like fighting either, I still won my last match though. Hey... do you happen to know the 'Rose' family? I'm kind of concerned because some boys kept talking about them."

"Rose...?" Michael pondered it. "N--... No... I saw a lot of gossiping going on, but I didn't hear anything." He looked at the door for a few moments. "I was sitting in the top corner in the very back corner... Fortunately no one came up to me..." It took a second for Michael to realize that what he'd said might have been taken as an insult. "Oh, I-I don't mean you... I just..." He sighed. "Like I said, I don't do well interacting with people..."

Michael thought about the question for a moment or two, before turning to Scarlett. "Why do you ask...? Do you know this 'Rose" person?"

Last edited:

Colony

Years
IC announcement

Kristen Vale was in her office at this point, sitting at her desk. She had a pile of paper near her, but more importantly was the intercom next to it. She grabbed one of the sheets of paper and started to check off names for each individual that she had found personal potential in. She clicked the intercom and started to speak:

"Attention new students, please gather on the second floor near the classrooms. I repeat, please gather on the second floor near the classrooms. Once there you will be given your classroom number and for those who have yet to settle their living arrangements they will be handled appropriately." She continued to rattle off a list of names of who should go first (OOC: Every PC in the RP).

***​

A list of student names had been given to Paul Sandford a few minutes after he had left Zane and Christian. The list was basically a handful of pages to determine student classes for the year. Now he was on the second floor, sitting at a desk in the hall that was placed specifically for determining classes for the new students. Vale didn't do things normally. They prided themselves on maintaining small tight-nit classes to promote better learning. Also, they rarely closed off a class to a single age group, since many of students didn't know a lot about magic anyway. Paul continued to sit there as the announcement rang over the speakers, giving him the cue that his job was about to get a little bit harder.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years

Sytano Morgan

As Sytano first heard the PA system going on and instructing to be sent to the second floor- he grinned as he went up the stairs. The grin was wiped off his face quickly to let way for a more reformed nature as he walked in. He walked over to the desk. "Sytano Morgan?" He asked, carefully.

The guy there, whatever his name was, looked at him after looking down his list as well. "Morgan, room 102." Sytano nodded and left quickly towards the room, wiping his face with the back of his hand. Seeing as he was the first student there, he simply went and took a seat. Not like he had much else to do, anyways, he thought as he looked towards the blackboard.

Oscar DeMuere

Oscar picked up his bag of potato chips- his sitting time in the cafeteria had been over with that announcement. He nudged his glasses upward, and got up quickly, smiling slightly. Time to meet the fresh ones. Hmm... I'll have to make a few observations, and maybe introduce the more competitive ones to the system after class. He grinned as he got up and stretched, looking at the note he had left on his smartphone quickly. The phrase "Classroom 101" was right under his lock screen, and he grinned as he dropped the phone into his pocket and began to walk towards his assigned room. It wasn't his first time doing this, but his first time was rather peaceful compared to other experiences he heard.

Nevertheless, he went up the stairs and walked down the hallway. Imari, a once-student of his, introduced herself to incoming students and advertised her market, but far enough from where Sandford had been seated to grab his attention. DeMuere grinned, waving. She wasn't really competition- as he was aware of her covert ops- since she was just advertising a market, that was all. She waved back happily, today wearing a red blouse and blue jeans, along with brown sneakers.

The doctor finally found the room, opening the door and flicking the light switch on- watching the room illuminate. "Huh." He ate a potato chip from his bag and leaned against the door, which was now flat against the wall. As each student passed, he said a quick "Hello- my name is Dr. DeMuere, take a seat." He also took note of their physical appearance as well as their mood, as to take full advantage at his first- or for those who tested, second- look at each contestant for his bets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back